Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login

Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Old 11-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
kax321
Elpy

kax321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Of bots and Wynns

As a lvling player (currently 91) I find it discouraging when I see a huge amount of bots in the 2-3 zones that are available for solo lvling to me (altar of evil/bloody swampland and fairy settlement) and worst of all, all of them are spectral summoners.

I read on the forums that you don't mind the 'afk macro and stuff' (besides its a nice change of pace when someone just kills you because you used next target on a purple) but its quite obvious someone is using a 3rd party program when they come from half a screen away just in an attempt to steal your adena drops.

So my suggestion is, Why don't you increase the amount of enemies with 'ignore servitor' on 85-95 zones? not all of them ofc, we still want legit summoners.
kax321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #2
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Of bots and Wynns

That's not necessary. Our anti-bot system detects bots reliably within 5 days; NCsoft Chief Mathematician Lee Eun-jo recommends a maintenance-to-maintenance observation period of 7 days for higher banning efficency:
http://wp.internetsociety.org/ndss/w...arity-wild.pdf
(page 9)

All Neutron has to do is to enable the anti-bot system. The fact that the same bots stay in-game 24/7 all the way to the Seal of Shilen, where their Paulina equipment evaporates after 30 days, shows clearly that the bot system is disabled. This was necessary to generate the adena which people will acquire via Alien Research volumes purchased from the L2Store in the upcoming event. In other words, there must be bots to boost the L2Store sales.

By the way, at the Fairy Settlement you can observe the Neutron Theory of Acceptable Inflation in action - all Cocoons are cracked by bots as soon as they spawn. The adena factory is running at its full capacity
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't listen to the conspiracy grandmaster.

If there were no bots and therefore less adena on server, prices would drop down (even more than they already do since fishpocalpyse) and ppl. would still sell/buy NC coin just for less adena.

It would change nothing.

But, as I keep hearing Adrena1ine is spreading more and more, the bots dont show NCWest involvement, but NCWest laziness or failure. One of those two.

But in their defense, state of the servers bot-wise is still a million times better than some years ago.

Just ignore the bots, you'll not meet more in higher levels.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:12 PM   #4
golemka
Beleth's Slave

golemka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kax321 View Post
As a lvling player (currently 91) I find it discouraging when I see a huge amount of bots in the 2-3 zones that are available for solo lvling to me (altar of evil/bloody swampland and fairy settlement) and worst of all, all of them are spectral summoners.

I read on the forums that you don't mind the 'afk macro and stuff' (besides its a nice change of pace when someone just kills you because you used next target on a purple) but its quite obvious someone is using a 3rd party program when they come from half a screen away just in an attempt to steal your adena drops.

So my suggestion is, Why don't you increase the amount of enemies with 'ignore servitor' on 85-95 zones? not all of them ofc, we still want legit summoners.
The market is kinda dead and Neutron announced an L2Store event. Guess why these bots appeared.

Just checked a few places, seems the servers are bot-to-free again, people tagged up in bigger clans are botting.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:53 AM   #5
Sphryx
Tainted Zombie

Sphryx is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I was a GM, so I could do a better job than them all together.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #6
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

You don't need to be a GM. That's the whole point. As you can see on page 7ff of the .pdf I linked above, the system automatically measures self-similarity in the server logs. That's independent of which bot program is used, and also independent of which game we are looking at; it works for all Unreal Engine-based games (Lineage 1, Lineage 2, Aion etc. all have the same system message structure).

Please refer to what ChooseWisely wrote here about the bots "always running in the same paths":
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=294361#1
Each and every Adrenaline Summoner always takes the same route from the NPC Buffer to the Teleporter, i.e. it always takes exactly the same time, by the millisecond, between "The effect of Warrior's Harmony can be felt" and "Teleport to Arms of Timiniel" (the server sees the same system messages as you, and more). This is a regular feature that stands out in the chaos of data like a beacon of light and would be instantly spotted by the system if it were enabled. The fact that those bots are running on the same paths for 30 days shows clearly that the system is not enabled.

@AnotherSorc:
Before you make any more "common sense" comments out of the emptiness of your head, please do read Lee Eun-jo's paper.
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #7
Oeste
Dark Knight

Oeste is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kax321 View Post

Yes bots and chars ran by macros are annoying in those areas, but you will outgrow them very fast and they won't be seen in higher level areas.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #8
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post
By the way, at the Fairy Settlement you can observe the Neutron Theory of Acceptable Inflation in action - all Cocoons are cracked by bots as soon as they spawn. The adena factory is running at its full capacity
Acceptable inflation is activated.
Bots numbers are up.
Active players are down.
All progression is frozen.
New L2 promo about to launch.

LOL, working as intended.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:38 PM   #9
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeste View Post
Yes bots and chars ran by macros are annoying in those areas, but you will outgrow them very fast and they won't be seen in higher level areas.
While you are correct about outgrowing the area quickly, they are indeed not "macro" bots as you call them. Go have a look for yourself. 3rd party programs are back weather you want to admit it or not. Luckily for us, they are farmers only, in small and low areas, bot protection gets them quick, but they get made just as fast. But no, they are running programs, same goes for GoG and SoS as well.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #10
Oeste
Dark Knight

Oeste is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
While you are correct about outgrowing the area quickly, they are indeed not "macro" bots as you call them. Go have a look for yourself. 3rd party programs are back weather you want to admit it or not. Luckily for us, they are farmers only, in small and low areas, bot protection gets them quick, but they get made just as fast. But no, they are running programs, same goes for GoG and SoS as well.
I never said there are no bots, there are plenty of bots. However, there are also other chars that are running macros, they are pretty easy to identify from one another. Both of them are equally annoying.

3rd party programs have never left, there is nothing for me to admit. No need to make a controversy where there is none, they are annoying both in low and higher level areas. Go check the desert quarry at HB and tell me who is using 90% of the spots.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #11
Jackl
Grave Predator

Jackl is an unknown quantity at this point

TBH once you get past 95 they largely disappear because these bots run to town for turn-in+sell+Newbie buffs rotation. The most obvious spot of this is at Stronghold 2+3 on Kam island. When the roaming raid boss spawns and the bots keep feeding themselves into it. Until the even the mighty Golem can no longer withstand the constant zerg of Wynns.
Jackl is offline   Reply With Quote