Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
Abolished
Thunder Wyrm

Abolished is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Female Kamael - Soul Breaker... Sword?

So I am running a bunch of characters to level up my little wolfie (and its actually turning out that he lvls my lvl 20 characters faster than a kamaloka run lol) and was looking at Soul Breaker as a fun little change to my play line up... Thing is I wanna be able to use a 2 hand sword for her, instead of a little stick like I do on my SK (And i LOVE my SK)... So I was wondering... Can a soul breaker use all their skills with a 2 hand sword?

Thanks!

Level 60 Great Wolf - FriskyDingo
Abolished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Figleaf
Goblin Lord

Figleaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Female Kamael - Soul Breaker... Sword?

Unfortunately no. Most of your skills will require a rapier, which can only, afaik, be converted from a one handed sword.

The nifty thing about Soul Breakers is that they are fast attackers. That's part of their charm.

Think shadow punch and smite for Scrappers in CoH. Fast, fast fast!

They (Soul Breakers) really do pack a punch. No pun intended.
Figleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
SinPalabras
Beleth's Slave

SinPalabras will become famous soon enough

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately no. Most of your skills will require a rapier, which can only, afaik, be converted from a one handed sword.

The nifty thing about Soul Breakers is that they are fast attackers. That's part of their charm.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes them lethal is that rapiers have higher p.atk than daggers, but are nevertheless, very fast rated with also naturally high crit rates. Toss in a soul breaker's high DEX and crit passives, plus add focus stacked and even without using any other skills, you have a fast killing machine.

To the OP, trust us...you WANT to use a rapier.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Abolished
Thunder Wyrm

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg... I love DM Scrappers and Brutes... O_O Greatest analogy eva!!!

I got my Warder setup atm and she is great fun actually... I have a +6 ELS on her so she is killing like a mad machine on a rampage... Much like my DM Brute on CoV when I was at full fury... O_O

Old 08-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
LordRiot
Imperial Warlord

LordRiot will become famous soon enoughLordRiot will become famous soon enough

BTW, even though Focus is 'generally' better for pve, crit. damage is the funnest experience I've had with my SB so far. How? Simple: High-level Shining Edge + buffs + Critical Damage mod/passive = the wonderful world of One Shot mobs.

I actually traded down to my B Grade weapon from my A Grade Tallum (DLE creation made me cry a lot. Also the crystal is a b**** to level) just for the crit damage mod. Nice thing s is the shots are also a lot cheaper.

I just have to be careful if I get pvp'ed. The damage loss is kinda rough.
LordRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
SinPalabras
Beleth's Slave

SinPalabras will become famous soon enough

I have yet to complete my DLE craft (need a few more blades), but I have a +9 Tallum Blade on my SK alt that I plan to use. (The only thing that bites is that it has a Silence Augment that I'll have to remove. I liked that augment. Surprised quite a few nukers with that one, let me tell you!)

Anyway, I can't wait to compare the Dama, DLE and TB rapier conversions to see which is more fun.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
Abolished
Thunder Wyrm

[ QUOTE ]
I have yet to complete my DLE craft (need a few more blades), but I have a +9 Tallum Blade on my SK alt that I plan to use. (The only thing that bites is that it has a Silence Augment that I'll have to remove. I liked that augment. Surprised quite a few nukers with that one, let me tell you!)

Anyway, I can't wait to compare the Dama, DLE and TB rapier conversions to see which is more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a party... I went out and bought a common ELS for my rapier... Its very nice! I got a drop from a catamob of a 2hand sword and converted that, it does more dmg but not half as fun as the rapiers skills... LOL I got owned by animations.... I plan on trying to +5 my SLS for C-Grade and enjoying the awesomeness at that point.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:58 AM   #8
Littebunny
Heathen Knight

Littebunny is an unknown quantity at this point

If the SB's main function is for raiding and sieges would you go mage weapon?

Clan: HelmsWatch
Littebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #9
Daroslaw
Hungry Spirit

Daroslaw is on a distinguished road

Raid ?
take rapier Focus and go to main DD party they will love you coz maximum ability
siege ?
dunno
Daroslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:40 AM   #10
Romanec
Imperial Warlord

Romanec will become famous soon enough

SB would me more like a support class. Even though I've never been in a siege with my kamael, I see my char annoying other chars and taking down mages/archers. But as DD in a raid party, Max Ability really helps out (getting a free recharge, or greater group heal, or nuke or whatever)
Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #11
Mazer
Dark Knight

Mazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Your damage output with melee will really far exceed your magic damage output, so you're better off in any DD situation with a Rapier with Haste/Focus.

Sadly, you can't proc Maximum Ability on a Magic Crit
Old 09-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #12
Littebunny
Heathen Knight

oo maximum ability? sorry for my lact of knowledge about this class,

Old 09-25-2008, 05:35 AM   #13
Daroslaw
Hungry Spirit

Daroslaw is on a distinguished road

"Maximum Ability" is a "chance" skill from Rapier.

Every enchanted +4 or more Rapier have a chance on critical to cast 5-9 sec buff that increases patk,matk, heal power and decreases mp consumption. bonus is around +10%
Daroslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #14
Littebunny
Heathen Knight

good to know

Old 10-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
Kronk
Dark Lord

Kronk is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a long conversation with a female Soulbreaker (lvl 79)
at the arena. She was sporting a +6 BW set and an Arcana mace.

Now, she said this setup works for her and she switches weapons to her rapier when needed. But, primarily she plays more toward a nuker style kiting often and seldom getting down and dirty close up with melee. She says she does not melee ever because she does not have Sword Shield.

Anyway, she swears the mace with acumen casts faster and hits harder.

We tried to test it out but could not come up with anything conclusive because our weapons differed so greatly.

My forgotten blade is +5 her mace was +3. I have lvl 4 Dark Element she had zero. I tried to see with the naked eye if her cast speed was much faster. I swear, I can not tell much of a difference if at all. Now, that does not mean the mace is not faster. I need to get an Arcana Mace with acumen. Unfortunately, that is another big investment and would be an expensive experiment.

I am an anti magic sword or magic mace advocate. I believe 100%, to stick to one weapon. Alot of our skills only work with the rapier equipped. We have too many skills, toggle, debuffs and buffs to micro manage to have to worry about weapon switching. I mean, she said she was good with the weapon switching and it did not hinder her in pvp. More power to you. If you can weapon switch, manage your toggles (very important in pvp for mp consumption) and keep furious soul and Pride of Kamael up, you are a better player than I.

I like to simplify everything as much as possible and to be efficient in getting all my skills off. One miss weapon switch and you are dead. When I was A grade I tried switching with a SoM/acu and the DLE/CritDmg. I remember mis switching and wondering why my skill did not fire. Noob moment , I know.

Try not to get too exotic with weapon and gear setup. Learn the fundamentals of your class first. Master them. What I am referring to is to make sure you always have your Dark Weapon buff on, Furious Soul and Pride of Kamael up, manage toggles properly. So darn important.

Anyway, depending on level get a focus or crit damage weapon.

GL
Kronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #16
Aelwynn
Goblin Lord

Aelwynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just started one of these out of curiosity. Wondered if any mods since this particular thread ended have altered the opinion on whether to go with NUKER SWORD --> Rapier or MELEE SWORD --> Rapier.

(I'm talking pre-Awakening levels here...)

Thanks!
Aelwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #17
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Nuker sword is kinda useless. Doesn't transform and you have to build around the nuker weapon. Also devs won't change pre awakened classes...since everything is about the 99 script wars.

Imo your nice AoE skills and enchants nukes don't come around until 80, and even then aren't great unless your build yourself correctly for pvp (but when built, is a beast in PvP and some hunting areas).

Since we have awakened classes it would make more sense just to use a 4+ rapier to level. It's efficient and cheap.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #18
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf View Post

This is all completely inaccurate. Especailly about Soul Hounds packing a punch.

There are only three skills that require a rapier, Triple Thrust, Checkmate and the crappy version of Backstab. If I remember correctly Triple Thrust can't crit and the backstab seems to crit less frequently than an autoattack and Checkmate can only be used if you've successfully applied a Death Mark to your enemy making it worthless.

None of your spells or AOEs requires a rapier and the physical AOE hits harder with a two handed sword than it does with a rapier which has a lower p attack than a one handed sword, doesn't have a significantly higher attack speed verse a one handed sword and has a crit chance roughly equal to a one handed sword. And since Kamaels have that self buff which increases their crit chance by something like 170, that plus a focus SA all but guarantees you will reach almost 500 crit with any weapon you choose. And it is the high crit rate plus high crit damage (because the self also increases your critical damage by like 50% or something) which makes Soulhounds hit hard. The rapier itself is a really crappy weapon. If the dino quest still gave out 15 million XP I'd strongly urge you to purchase a two handed mage weapon and grind the dino quest to hit 85 really fast however the quest was reduced to only awarding 1.5 million XP (or was it originally 150 million XP which was reduced ot 15 million XP? I can't remember now). Either way I really didn't like the performance of the rapier verse any other weapon (bows are actually a lot of fun on Kamaels even though they don't have any skills which use bows because the damage of their physical AOE is based on their p attack which is a lot higher with a bow than a super low damage rapier).

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #19
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellisande View Post
This is all completely inaccurate. Especailly about Soul Hounds packing a punch.

There are only three skills that require a rapier, Triple Thrust, Checkmate and the crappy version of Backstab. If I remember correctly Triple Thrust can't crit and the backstab seems to crit less frequently than an autoattack and Checkmate can only be used if you've successfully applied a Death Mark to your enemy making it worthless.

None of your spells or AOEs requires a rapier and the physical AOE hits harder with a two handed sword than it does with a rapier which has a lower p attack than a one handed sword, doesn't have a significantly higher attack speed verse a one handed sword and has a crit chance roughly equal to a one handed sword. And since Kamaels have that self buff which increases their crit chance by something like 170, that plus a focus SA all but guarantees you will reach almost 500 crit with any weapon you choose. And it is the high crit rate plus high crit damage (because the self also increases your critical damage by like 50% or something) which makes Soulhounds hit hard. The rapier itself is a really crappy weapon. If the dino quest still gave out 15 million XP I'd strongly urge you to purchase a two handed mage weapon and grind the dino quest to hit 85 really fast however the quest was reduced to only awarding 1.5 million XP (or was it originally 150 million XP which was reduced ot 15 million XP? I can't remember now). Either way I really didn't like the performance of the rapier verse any other weapon (bows are actually a lot of fun on Kamaels even though they don't have any skills which use bows because the damage of their physical AOE is based on their p attack which is a lot higher with a bow than a super low damage rapier).
You've never mained an SH to know that the DPS on anything other than a staff/rapier was worse without these fancy new Iss buffs and stuff did you.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #20
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeirToRune View Post
You've never mained an SH to know that the DPS on anything other than a staff/rapier was worse without these fancy new Iss buffs and stuff did you.
I did main a Soulhound pre GoD which is why I know exactly what I'm talking about.

The physical damage was ****, the magical damage was ****. I'm not saying the damage was better with a two handed sword or bow. I'm saying the damage was always poor no matter what your setup was because the hybrid concept simply was not functional in an end game based on mobs that were stratified based on being either only killable by physical or only killable by magic damage. The only saving grace for Soulhound was the paralyze skill, buff stealing skill and the bevy of AoEs depending on where you were leveling which all worked. Outside of pvp however the soul hound wasn't a particularly good class.

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote