Lineage II Forums  
Old 03-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Shiryuu
Elpy

Shiryuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there a real point?

Is there a real point of making a Kamael anymore? Im returning and i just wanted to know if there are any benifits or anything special for the class anymore?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is there a real point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Is there a real point of making a Kamael anymore? Im returning and i just wanted to know if there are any benifits or anything special for the class anymore?
Kamael are supposed the best class when it comes to PvP according to NCsoft.

However Yul Tricksters are the only good class from Kamaels due to their Vengeful Sniper buff that gives like a good boost in PvP damage on top of their Battle Instinct Passive.

I heard that Yul Doombringers are great at mass PvP due to Stun Lock of Rush Impact. Not sure how valid this is though.

You're better off rolling another race for better stats/skills or wait for the over-powered Ertheia to make their debut.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
Yamino
Imperial Warlord

Yamino has a spectacular aura about themYamino has a spectacular aura about them

Yul doombringers... I'd like to try this class out.

Anyway Trickster can be acquired by any main class via l2store purchase or by dualclass for free. So its not that race specific. Kamaels get +1% pvp damage which isn't anything to jump at. Race skills aren't that important, whats important is base stats for your prefered dye setup IE playing a race with low dex isn't good if you're going to play a dagger.

The ertheia have low dex so they won't make the greatest archers or daggers but have high str and con so dualclassing a tank or tyrr or iss on them will do nicely. As opposed to the 2 new classes well they're OP only if you are. They are very difficult to play so either you are good and win a lot of pvp or you aren't and unlike an archer you can't be bad and still be effective.
Yamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
BigBubbles
Zaken

BigBubbles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnda View Post
Kamael are supposed the best class when it comes to PvP according to NCsoft.

However Yul Tricksters are the only good class from Kamaels due to their Vengeful Sniper buff that gives like a good boost in PvP damage on top of their Battle Instinct Passive.

I heard that Yul Doombringers are great at mass PvP due to Stun Lock of Rush Impact. Not sure how valid this is though.

You're better off rolling another race for better stats/skills or wait for the over-powered Ertheia to make their debut.
Human's were supposed to be the most balanced of all the races when L2 first came out. This changed when Kameal's were introduced, kind of. Kameal's are now the most "balanced" in base stat's, they actually meet or exceed all other races base stat's in every area except Con which you tweak with sub skill and dual class skill's and dye's, so not really a issue. Their one weakness is their base stat's as mages, where the other races ( besides dwarf's, which have no mages ) have a different base set up if you pick a mage class, Kameal's do not. The other thing to note is a Kameal female has a better dex base, and the male a better str base ( female is the archer, male is the fighter ) but both stat's match or exceed the other races anyway's.

Here's a base stat overview by race so you'll get it better http://lineage.pmfun.com/list/stat.

As for a Doombringer's stun rush, when it was introduced it was vastly overpowered, just watch any of Belial's or Delio's old video's. I stupid, one winged chicken stunlocking whole clan's during PvP pretty much if they were close enough together is fairly insane. They somewhat nerfed it's power later, then nerfed it some more by giving the same or similar version's of the skill to most fighter's though it's radius wasn't as big. They then nerfed it again by reducing the Doombringer's radius a little as well, but they still had the widest radius.

All this went out the window when GoD hit and all classes were combined, now that classes have re diversified, it would be interesting to hear from some Doombringer's if they are a force again, if any still exist.

So for the original question, yes there are very good reason's to go Kameal as DB or Trickster. As a mage though, you are really handcuffed with the starting base stat's.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamino View Post
Yul doombringers... I'd like to try this class out.

Anyway Trickster can be acquired by any main class via l2store purchase or by dualclass for free. So its not that race specific. Kamaels get +1% pvp damage which isn't anything to jump at. Race skills aren't that important, whats important is base stats for your prefered dye setup IE playing a race with low dex isn't good if you're going to play a dagger.

The ertheia have low dex so they won't make the greatest archers or daggers but have high str and con so dualclassing a tank or tyrr or iss on them will do nicely. As opposed to the 2 new classes well they're OP only if you are. They are very difficult to play so either you are good and win a lot of pvp or you aren't and unlike an archer you can't be bad and still be effective.
So Ertheia aren't faceroll like KFC when they were first released?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
Yamino
Imperial Warlord

Yamino has a spectacular aura about themYamino has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
So Ertheia aren't faceroll like KFC when they were first released?
No. And the kamael weren't overpowered when they first came out either. Quite contrary actually, they were even more useless than dwarves in pvp and mainly because in order to use their skills they had to store up souls by killing mobs. Its like a necromancer having to kills guards in town before heading out to pvp only to the extreme. Along with that, they have low con and even lower considering the amounts of +5 STR, +4 dex, -9 CON dyes going about to get them leveled quickly so every stun landed every time. It wasn't until hellbound where they became O.K., not good, but O.K. They became the infamous sephiroths of destruction in gracia final with the spammed buff steal, aoe paralyze, aoe stun, 2-3 minute long disarms, mobile UDs, counter paralyze, rushes, blinks, lethals, clones, reflect, archers with insane skill evasion, etc. etc. etc. that just made them unbearable.

In a way you could say the kamael awakened way before any other race did.

But back to the Ertheia, I already explained how they are going to work here but long story short...

The fighters are going to be high single damage auto attacker/skill users that are going to be able to handle taking on lot of damage like a tyrr warrior and their main role in mass pvp will be melee CC support and support damage much like an archer will be in that update as well.

The wizards are going to be a gank class and their role in mass pvp being the same as daggers, run around stealthily and burst down enemies that have their defenses down.

Nothing overpowered, just two already existing roles being functioned in a different manner. The only thing is the roles are already covered by easier to play classes, archers and daggers although with skill the roles with be covered better by the new ertheia classes. So you'll either be redundant or awesome in mass pvp depending on how good you are at timing for the fighters or awareness for the mages. For 1v1s you'll need more than timing and awareness to be good.

Hope that helped.

Now for the main point of this thread, again there is a point of rolling kamaels. If you want to main class a doombringer, trickster or soulhound without paying and/or if you want to run around with 1 wing and/or if you like their base stats then by all means there is a point.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
BigBubbles
Zaken

BigBubbles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In a way you could say the kamael awakened way before any other race did.
Stand's to reason seeing as they are a soldier race created by the giant's to combat the god's in the lore.

Last edited by BigBubbles; 04-07-2014 at 07:56 PM.
BigBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

The point in playing a Kamael is that they are the best looking Lineage 2 species. And they are the only species that has fingers when using any grade level below R grade.

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
Yamino
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellisande View Post
The point in playing a Kamael is that they are the best looking Lineage 2 species. And they are the only species that has fingers when using any grade level below R grade.
They don't for R+? (I don't stare that closely at people)
Old 04-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #10
Linnda
Zaken

Quote:
They became the infamous sephiroths of destruction in gracia final with the spammed buff steal, aoe paralyze, aoe stun, 2-3 minute long disarms, mobile UDs, counter paralyze, rushes, blinks, lethals, clones, reflect, archers with insane skill evasion, etc. etc. etc. that just made them unbearable.
I rerolled Kamael SH from Elf MM at about this time and not when they were released. Rofl, This explains why I was able to 4-man 2 parties with only myself, a DB, and 2 really dedicated healers.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #11
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They don't for R+? (I don't stare that closely at people)
Most of the other species also have fingers in R+ armor, but Kamaels are the only ones with fingers in every grade below R.

Quote:
I rerolled Kamael SH from Elf MM at about this time and not when they were released. Rofl, This explains why I was able to 4-man 2 parties with only myself, a DB, and 2 really dedicated healers.
I don't know if I'm surprised that we both rerolled Kamael SH from Elf MM.

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
Linnda
Zaken

Quote:
Most of the other species also have fingers in R+ armor, but Kamaels are the only ones with fingers in every grade below R.
Digits ftw!

Quote:
I don't know if I'm surprised that we both rerolled Kamael SH from Elf MM.
Oh rly? Then we're like bond/spirit/link siblings? o.0