Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Aaliyah
Guardian Archangel

Aaliyah is on a distinguished road
Default Useful "Exploit"

I wont bother sending ticket but all people should know this bug. (Because if I did I would demand punishment for the abuser - something that won't happen.)

What you need:
A high lvl pet (so it wont miss)
And a strong DoT spell

Cast Dot on Pet and send it to attack the target.
Care, pet must have <100 hp when it attacks. Closer to 1 the better of course.
Your target will reflect damage "instantly" and pet will die. (Stupid coder: 1st comes reflect damage then damage).
Result your target will have karma for killing a pet. (It wont increase pk count of course but still he will have karma)

An exploit that can be used on bots. Unfortunately it can be used for any reason. It' up to individuals. Everyone has his own moral values and respects or not the others and himself.
Aaliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Belophan
Baylor

Belophan has a spectacular aura about themBelophan has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Useful "Exploit"

tell me your ingame name and ill come use it on you
Belophan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
lostAcct
Goblin Lord

lostAcct is an unknown quantity at this point

keep in mind this only works if the target has something that will reflect damage.
Such as a Frintezza necklace or if they use Daring Sonata.
If your target doesn't have reflect jewels and doesn't use daring sonata then your pet will just flag and you will become an easy target
lostAcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Aaliyah
Guardian Archangel

Aaliyah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostAcct View Post
keep in mind this only works if the target has something that will reflect damage.
Such as a Frintezza necklace or if they use Daring Sonata.
If your target doesn't have reflect jewels and doesn't use daring sonata then your pet will just flag and you will become an easy target
Its self explanatory
Aaliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Sace
Retired Community Manager

Sace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud of

This is not exactly a bug, but it is a game mechanic flaw that has been overlooked. It will be reported so that it can be fixed. Meanwhile, if this functionality is found to be abused it may be publicly declared as an exploit, meaning offenders may face consequences.
Sace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Time to take off my Freya till it's fixed.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace View Post
This is not exactly a bug, but it is a game mechanic flaw that has been overlooked. It will be reported so that it can be fixed. Meanwhile, if this functionality is found to be abused it may be publicly declared as an exploit, meaning offenders may face consequences.
So If I use it in 5minute ingame to test it right, since you didn't flagged it as an exploit no consequences ?
Laby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Elrohir
Shilen

Elrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laby View Post
So If I use it in 5minute ingame to test it right, since you didn't flagged it as an exploit no consequences ?
You'll probably only get in trouble for using it if someone reports you. I doubt they'll comb their logs for abusers.
Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
Shiki
Tainted Zombie

Shiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohir View Post
You'll probably only get in trouble for using it if someone reports you. I doubt they'll comb their logs for abusers.
Or if someone like me is present who captures it on video and shows his server who the real "nice" people are.....
Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Does it work with Flaming/Freezing skin?
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
Belophan
Baylor

Belophan has a spectacular aura about themBelophan has a spectacular aura about them

i think you should rephrase to "will get banned" so ppl wont have the chance to exploit it
Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
1Peri1
Valakas

1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light

you know it might be considered an exploit so I wouldn't attempt it because you get the wrong GM on a bad day you might not get a warning
1Peri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
Sace
Retired Community Manager

Sace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud ofSace has much to be proud of

Basically this "exploit" is not a big deal until players abuse it so much that it becomes a big deal. Yes, that is a relative opinion, but if players negatively affected by it petition the GMs to say they've been victimized by abuse of this function, the likelihood of the function becoming a "bannable exploit" increases drastically. Abusers that lead to it becoming a bannable exploit may receive a temp ban, but more serious consequences will occur if someone abuses it after we publicly declare it as an exploit.

Bottom line: don't do it.

We're sending this as a bug report and it will be fixed so that it cannot be abused like this.
Sace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #14
1Peri1
Valakas

1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace View Post
Basically this "exploit" is not a big deal until players abuse it so much that it becomes a big deal. Yes, that is a relative opinion, but if players negatively affected by it petition the GMs to say they've been victimized by abuse of this function, the likelihood of the function becoming a "bannable exploit" increases drastically. Abusers that lead to it becoming a bannable exploit may receive a temp ban, but more serious consequences will occur if someone abuses it after we publicly declare it as an exploit.

Bottom line: don't do it.

We're sending this as a bug report and it will be fixed so that it cannot be abused like this.
Yup this is your fair warning folks.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
Elrohir
Shilen

Elrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Peri1 View Post
Yup this is your fair warning folks.
The amusing thing is so few players actually read the forums...
Old 05-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
1Peri1
Valakas

Quote:
True enough, as my registration date to the forums reflects that. I played nearly a year before coming to the forums.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
Elrohir
Shilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Peri1 View Post
True enough, as my registration date to the forums reflects that. I played nearly a year before coming to the forums.
Shame. You missed "Elrohir, the early years".
Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
Belophan
Baylor

Quote:
Thats their problem when they get banned for excessive exploiting
Old 05-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
GoddessCandy
Hungry Spirit

GoddessCandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we still use these on those 24/7 afk player? if they get negative rep then they can't gain any xp correct? if so it may be the best effective anti-afk player? anything to keep them from gaining any xp/lvl. even if each mob is 5+ rep point, having -70,000 negative rep should spoil their auto afk day/week.
GoddessCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
Belophan
Baylor

at your own risk

Tags
patch notes, terragamers wiki