Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Tales of Aden and Elmore

Login

Tales of Aden and Elmore Post your stories and character bios here.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #41
nolerahl
Banned

nolerahl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Forbidden Sweets

[ QUOTE ]
With those words, Goryn passed to the next world.

[/ QUOTE ]

About **** time he died..hehe...

I'm loving this story, and I've seen her writing style improve alot to!

I gave you a 5 star rating, I think you deserve it!

Your story has hooked me, and I'm glad to, it's very well writen, and should be put to book; seriously.

I'd totally agree with dendro, you've done a great story, and I can't wait to see more of it. I liked how she was forced to kill einao, but I wish she canted and didn't.

I feel a bit ackword that Dion lord hasn't been mentioned(since they should be passing tho his land), and that asakon lived from Nathath's arrow.

Also I'd like for you to imcorperate the Necros into your story. Hell I'd love to collaberate with you and write some to.
nolerahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:13 AM   #42
nabiscocookie
Dark Knight

nabiscocookie is on a distinguished road

Thank You! Thank You for all of your support for the story. I have also felt that it reads like a paperback book and honestly had no idea that it would turn out to be this long. But the more I write the more I feel needs to happen and be explained for it to truly become a well rounded and balanced story with meaning and a decent, believable, and workable plot. It's become a bit more of a romance yes, but I want it to be able to be read by those who don't normally like romances as well as those who do.

I'd had no real intentions of it becoming a romance actually at first and then decided to go ahead and make it one since Caellia and Nathavin seemed to fit pretty well together. I debated long and hard about killing Einao, he was such a good character but in order to build Caellia's character more I felt that I had to have her do something she really did not want to do.

My husband has also suggested that I submit it to be published. Don't know about that one though. ::shudders at the image of dealing with attorneys and publishing companies::

I was going to mention Dion, but felt that I really needed to get her to Giran first seeing as on my server at least Giran is where things always seem to be happening. The Dion Lord will be mentioned, just a little later when both her and Nathavin pass through there.

I'll definitely work on incorporating the Necro's/Cat's into the story.

Once again, thank you for the support and the 5 star rating! Suggestions and comments are always welcome!
nabiscocookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #43
Noirre
Elpy

Noirre is on a distinguished road

Dammit! I saw that there was a page 5 and thought you'd written more!!! I'm going nuts waiting!!!

I love how he talks down to her calling her "Little One" and even by her class "Silver Ranger," but you know in his head they're practically terms of endearment at this point. I was very sad that Einao died, but he had too. She'd be just another princess if she forgave him. If she's going to be ANYONE's queen...even just to the LEs, she has to be strong enough to make the tough decisions.

Great story!! Keep it up! Call that publisher!!
Noirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #44
nabiscocookie
Dark Knight

Caellia stared quietly into the campfire Nathavin had started, trying to ignore the smell of the strider nearby. Nathavin had not spoken to her since they had left Goryn’s burial place. That suited her just fine. She didn’t feel inclined to talk to him either. A cool breeze sent a shiver down her spine as she drew her arms closer to her chest. She jumped as a bolt of lightening zipped across the sky followed closely by a clap of thunder. Caellia glanced at the strider as it growled it’s displeasure at the coming rainstorm.

“We will have to sleep indoors.” Nathavin quietly mentioned as he began to douse the fire.

Caellia just nodded mutely, she did not like the idea of being back in the stronghold building with him, but what else could she do? As she stood up and began to make her way to the door the heavens opened up and the downpour began. Large, fat drops of rain splattered to the ground, soaking everything they touched. Caellia gave a slight startled shriek and quickly ran the rest of the way to the building. The rain was so hard that it still soaked her even though she had not been far from the door of the building.

Nathavin rushed inside a few steps after Caellia and watched as she began to wring the moisture out of her hair. Her armor was wet and she was beginning to shiver slightly from the cold air in the building. He deftly avoided the spray of water as she flung her hair over her left shoulder and began to wring it out again. His lips twisted into a wry smile as he caught the faint curses she was muttering not quite under her breath. Apparently she hated getting wet in a rainstorm.

Caellia turned back to face Nathavin and caught him staring at her. “What are you looking at dark one?” She asked irritably as she fought to keep from shivering in the chilly air.

“You.” Nathavin answered with one eyebrow raised amusedly. He continued to watch as she struggled with her hair and top armor. He swore lightly to himself as he noticed that her armor now resembled a second skin and the short silver plated skirt clung to her legs as water dripped down from it and made shiny paths down her legs.

So he found this funny, wretched male. “Well instead of watching me, go make yourself useful and use your ‘superior’ eyesight to find a blanket.” Caellia venomously spat as she turned away from him and continued to finger comb through her hair.

“Watch your tone Princess.” His eyes narrowed in anger as he watched her turn away from him, dismissing him, and yet at the same time providing him a moment to view her unobserved.

“Well your eyesight is better than mine isn’t it?” She sarcastically asked him. “And there is nothing wrong with my tone.” She huffed angrily as she rubbed her arms in an attempt to get warm since there was no fire and no place to build one inside the building.

“Why are you deliberately trying to anger me, Princess?” Nathavin asked, fighting to keep his temper reined in. “I have no desire to argue with you tonight.” He was loath to admit just what his desires were and forced himself to turn away from her.

“I’m not deliberately trying to anger you.” Liar, Caellia thought to herself, you are trying to anger him. Caellia turned back to face him but found him turned away from her. Much better, she thought to herself. His close scrutiny of her had made her nervous.

“Do not lie to me, little one. You are a pitiful liar.” Nathavin turned back around and faced her. He struggled to keep his eyes from wandering as she stood there unaware of his problem, perhaps she had the right idea after all and he should go find some blankets.

Caellia grit her teeth and closed her eyes in frustration, “Do not call me ‘little one’ Nathavin. Or is it you who’s trying to anger me?” She opened her eyes and watched him curiously when he didn’t immediately answer her. What was wrong with him? He seemed to be grappling with an inner conflict of some kind and had not paid her the least bit of attention.

She tried to understand what was going through his head. However she found she could not fathom what might be wrong with him. She had no experiences to draw on to find the solution to the current situation. Although she strongly suspected that she had somehow caused him to react this way, she had no idea why.

Goryn was the first male she’d had any real involvement with. But she had never seen him react to her in this way, if he had he’d never let her know about it. He’d always been the perfect gentlemen. As the minutes slowly crept by and still no response from Nathavin, she began to feel uncomfortable and started to edge backwards.

Nathavin was brought back to his senses as she took a step away from him. Frowning, he watched as she took another step away.

“Nathavin, are you alright?” She hesitantly asked, not really wanting to set his temper off. Her brows were furrowed in light concern as he frowned at her. Her heart was pounding with both fear and excitement. The fear she understood, but why was she excited? She nervously shifted away from him as he took a step to her.

He watched her as she took another step back and pondered her question. Could she really be that innocent? Were the light elves so rigid in their standards that they did not discuss certain things? If so that was extremely dangerous. She began to take several steps away from him, “Don’t move.” If she ran now, his dark blood would insist he catch her.

He cursed Shillien for his bloods weakness. Dark elven males were driven by powerful instincts to chase down and dominate females that the dark blood claimed was theirs. A dark elven female would know this and not run from him, she would instead wait out the episode if she did not wish to be with him. Caellia did not know this and there was a high probability that she would run from him.

Caellia watched as his muscles tightened even more under his wet armor. She took a brief moment to actually look at his armor. It had to be extremely uncomfortable when wet. Her eyes continued to rather innocently study the armor as she figured she would most likely be the one to go find blankets. His rather sharp intake of breath drew her attention back to his eyes and she froze. Whatever she had done was pushing him over some unseen edge. “Nathavin?”, she began.

“Don’t speak, and don’t run.” He growled lowly, her innocent inspection of him had nearly shattered his control. “Just stay there and turn your eyes away from me.” His voice was shaking slightly with the effort he was putting forth to stay away from her. He began to concentrate on how uncomfortable his wet armor was in a desperate bid to take his mind off of her.

Caellia didn’t argue and turned her face away from him. He was frightening her and she knew that now was not the time to argue with him. Whatever inner struggle he was battling against, he was close to losing. She stood silently before him for a moment or two with her head turned to the side. Desperate to diffuse the situation, she slowly knelt down before him. Perhaps that would appease him and end this situation.

He watched as she slowly knelt down, keeping her eyes averted from him. He watched her in silence while his dark blood slowly came under control. After several long minutes he finally spoke. “Go upstairs and do not come back down. I will find something for you to cover up with and will toss it up to the balcony. You are not to come back down tonight at all and I will not go up there. Is that understood?”

“Yes,” she hesitated before continuing, “my Lord.” Her pride revolted at calling him her Lord, but she somehow knew that for tonight at least, she needed to watch her step around him.

“Get up and go, now.” He quickly turned away from her and walked into the dark recesses of the building as she scurried up to the balcony. It wasn’t long before he came upon several thread bare blankets and tossed two up to the balcony. “Dry off with one and rest with one.” He grimaced slightly at the mental image his next words caused him, “Your armor should be dry enough to wear by morning.” He laughed to himself as he heard her freeze upon hearing his words.

Caellia stood rooted in place as she realized she would have to remove her armor for the night or risk getting sick. She couldn’t do that! Not with him in the same building! “No, I won’t remove my armor with you here.” She didn’t even realize she had whispered out loud and was startled when he answered her.

“I will not allow you to make yourself sick Caellia. You will remove that wet armor and let it dry overnight. Or do you wish me to remove it for you.”

Caellia stared at the floor aghast, he was serious! She quickly made sure he wasn’t watching her and stripped down, leaving only the essentials in place and dried off. She then covered herself with the dry blanket before balling up the wet one and flinging it as hard as she could over the railing. She gave a satisfied smirk as she heard it strike its intended target and settled down in a corner as she heard him grunt slightly before returning to his own tasks.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 AM   #45
Noirre
Elpy

Default Re: Treason

Next time, I hope she runs!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #46
nolerahl
Banned

caellia already said she wont run..GG are you payingatention?

Come on hun, waiting on your next part of the story.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #47
Noirre
Elpy

[ QUOTE ]
caellia already said she wont run..GG are you payingatention?

[/ QUOTE ]

But if she runs, he will have to chase AND CATCH her, and she said she wouldn't leave before yet she did try several times. :P

No pressure, 'cookie, but....WRITE FASTER! <3
Old 06-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #48
nolerahl
Banned

dude go reread the post where ceallia meet goryen @ the grave site, she says to natherath that she will not run any more...

plz plz try, and pay attention!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #49
Noirre
Elpy

I don't need to reread anything and you should learn some manners. I took your first post lightly, but this last one is rude. Maybe you just don't understand the tension that was building between the two of them...then you'd understand why I wanted her to run, no matter what she promised. I won't get into a ridiculous debate with you over this b/c you don't seem to understand what I mean, so feel free to keep posting, but my posts will remain on-topic. TY

Also, before you harp on someone else to pay attention, get the character's name right once, will you? It's NATHAVIN .
Old 06-18-2006, 07:54 AM   #50
AnoliiaN
Elpy

AnoliiaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Bravo! You wright very well and I enjoyed reading it btw I gave you a 5 star rating Keep it up!
AnoliiaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:55 AM   #51
Niennia
Guardian Archangel

Niennia is an unknown quantity at this point

More!!!!!!!! I need more!!! Really great story, would love it in a paper back so I don't have to stay at the comp to read it .
Niennia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:31 AM   #52
Shnookums
Elpy

Shnookums is an unknown quantity at this point

*walks in*
*looks around for an update*
*walks out*
Shnookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #53
nabiscocookie
Dark Knight

I deeply apologize for being so late with this. I've been rather busy of late with various clan and real life issues. I've brought cookies for everyone! :***** out dish of cookies::
On to the story!

Asadar glared mercilessly at his top advisor Hontas. He wanted Caellia and he wanted her now! It had been weeks since their defeat by Nathavin’s forces at the crossroads. “You will send messengers to the following people requesting their help in capturing Goddard. King Therus of Giran, King Rayiss of Innadril, Queen Aldana of Dion, and King Tonan of Gludio. If they do not want their taxes increased ten fold they will help us capture Goddard and rid the land of that filth Nathavin and the entire elven race.”

“What of Oren sire?” Hontas nervously asked.

“I have placed my second in control over Oren. He has established himself very well since he has been placed there and reports that no one is the wiser over Goryn’s death.”

“But sire what of the light elves? They have pulled their forces from Aden and have denounced you of being worthy of leadership. There are rumors that they have even requested the help of those Kings and Queen for your removal.” Hontas scrambled backward as Asadar rounded on him.

“They will never remove me!” Asadar strode angrily toward Hontas and lifted the poor bishop by his brilliant blue robes and violently tossed him to the ground. “The other Kings would be fools to help the light elves! I rule this land! Everything in it belongs to me!”

Hontas could only look at Asadar dazedly as the crazed King continued to rant maniacally. He very much prayed that Caellia remain with Nathavin, she didn’t deserve to be bound to Asadar. He flinched as Asadar once again picked him up by his robes and cried out in pain as he was shoved into the wall with his feet dangling two hands width off the floor as Asadar held him up.

“You will find out what the light elves are planning! You will report back to me and only me what you find out.” Asadar leaned in closer, “Don’t fail me Hontas. It would be most…unfortunate.” He sneered at Hontas before dropping him roughly to the ground and storming off.

Hontas stayed still on the floor for some time as he pondered his sanity for staying with Asadar. If only he wasn’t so afraid. He would have left Asadar long ago if he could have only worked up the nerve. He openly admitted to himself, and had for quite some time, that he only served Asadar out of fear for his life.

Caellia sighed and stared into the distance wistfully. How she longed to roam the lands freely once more. Ever since she and Nathavin had returned to Goddard she hadn’t been left alone at all. Their trip back had been uneventful and she wondered why he felt the need to have her under constant guard. She had kept her word and had never attempted to flee the castle, so why was he keeping her so closely guarded? Her birthday had come and gone with only herself and Kattath to celebrate it, and the ever present guards of course.

She turned to face the castle and watched as many orcs and dark elves prepared striders for the trip to Rune Harbor. She faintly wrinkled her nose as she remembered Kattath informing her that she would be traveling with Nathavin to Rune to catch a boat that would take them near his homelands. Caellia really wasn’t concerned with traveling with Nathavin as much as she was riding the striders. Nathavin had been being fairly civil toward her of late, when he was around the castle at all.

The rumor about the castle was that he attempting to increase his strength by going on a grueling and highly dangerous quest. The only information she had been able to find out about this quest was that only a very few of the dark elven archers had ever completed it. If Nathavin completed it he would then join the ranks of elite dark elven archers, ghost sentinels they called themselves. He stayed in contact with the castle by magical means with Kattath, but was rarely at the castle.

Caellia twitched slightly and turned to face the Shillien knight as he stepped closer to her than she would have liked. “It is time to go Caellia,” he ordered in a rough voice.

“Go where?” Caellia questioned. She looked back to the striders, they still weren’t ready yet and she had not been informed of anywhere she needed to be tonight before they left the castle.

“You will find out when we get there. For now, follow me.” The guard then turned around and walked brusquely away.

Caellia sighed irritably and followed him, glaring stonily at his dark green armored back. They walked through the castle and into a small space off to the side of the main throne room. Kattath, along with a few other females were already in the room and waiting patiently. As Caellia passed through the doorway the guard stepped back outside and closed the door. “What is going on?” Caellia asked nervously as Kattath began to pull white fabric out of a box.

“We must begin to make preparations for the wedding ceremony.” Kattath began.

Another dark elven female continued, “Lord Nathavin wishes for the two of you to be wed when you come back from our homelands.”

Caellia ground her teeth in frustration. “Where is he?”

Kattath looked at Caellia. A pure white aura was building around her, not a good sign. She would need to interrupt this before it got too far. Nathavin had related to her what had almost happened in the stronghold building weeks before. It was one of the reasons why he rarely stayed at the castle while Caellia was there. “Caellia,” Kattath said in a warning voice, “it will do you no good and quite possibly a great deal of harm to challenge him on this matter.” She needed to get Caellia to back off. The girl had no concept of what her continual challenges and her inevitable fleeing from him, to Nathavin’s authority were doing to him. Things had been peaceful at the castle recently because Nathavin had been gone more often than he stayed. He’d taken great pains to do and say nothing that would potentially anger Caellia, although he’d done that at Kattath’s request since Caellia had no idea how her challenges affected him.

“Where is he?” repeated Caellia angrily. How dare he do this? How dare he not discuss this with her? She might’ve agreed not to run from him, she may even have agreed to trade her life for Goryn’s, but she had never agreed for him to decide for her when she would marry him!

“Caellia!” Kattath commanded, “You will not interrupt Nathavin at this time.” She hated this; she did not wish to give Caellia an order like she would a common prisoner. The girl had become a friend to Kattath, but she had to learn that one did not interrupt Nathavin and expect to walk away unscathed. This went double for Caellia all things considered. She grabbed Caellia’s arm and pulled her to the fitting stool and practically pushed her on it as the other women surrounded her and began the process of fitting her for her wedding dress. “Besides, this will be far more fun!” she said with a mischievous gleam in her eye.

Caellia watched Kattath as she said this and became instantly worried. Far more fun for whom she wondered? Her anger with Nathavin was forgotten as she concentrated on making sure Kattath and the other women kept the dress appropriate and not revealing.

“Caellia is being fitted for her dress now, my Lord.” Caellia’s guard spoke respectfully.

“Good. See to it that when she is done that she gets to the striders on time.” Nathavin absently replied as he continued reading the report in his hand. He had requested that his top advisors discover how Caellia had managed to summon Goryn’s spirit back to the realm of the living so easily. Their findings were inconclusive. A few of them suggested that she was simply far more powerful than first believed, two more thought that she had said an incantation that was unknown to them. Only one had suggested that it was simply a matter of the strength of her faith in Eva that had allowed her to call upon Goryn. None of them though could guarantee that any of those were the correct conclusion. He set the scroll back down and walked to the window and looked out over the courtyard.

Caellia had been occupying his thoughts more of late. Even when he’d been gone on his self imposed quest she was never far from his thoughts. She was the only person who had ever dared to openly defy him aside from rival kings and lords. He wished to know how she had so easily conjured Goryn back to this realm. He wished to know why she harbored such a hatred for the dark elven race. Yes, he knew the dark elves had helped her people to harbor that hatred, but what of Caellia herself?

He didn’t understand her at all. The few times that they’d met in the castle when he’d return they had been overly cautious around one another, dancing delicately around one another at Kattath’s bidding. He both looked forward to, and yet despised, the trip to his homelands. It meant constant contact with Caellia. This was both good and bad. Good because he could study her longer, bad because he wasn’t sure if his control would be strong enough if she challenged him and ran again.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #54
oEliinao
Purgatory Shadow

oEliinao is on a distinguished road

Wow.. such an awesome story. You are great storyteller.. heads down! And i must say the same as rest of us - more more more *found another thread to fallow*
<3<3<3<3

MacLeod: Lineage1 is supposed to be a sequel to Lineage2. Lineage1 doesn't even have dwarves. That tells me that the entire race has died out by then...
oEliinao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #55
nolerahl
Banned

would every one mind giveing her a 5 * rateing for her great story, I've already given her one.. I think she desvers it!

every one that reads this post need ot give her the 5*.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #56
Sovrath
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Sovrath is on a distinguished road

[ QUOTE ]
would every one mind giveing her a 5 * rateing for her great story, I've already given her one.. I think she desvers it!

every one that reads this post need ot give her the 5*.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 Stars. Done. Nicely written.
Sovrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #57
nabiscocookie
Dark Knight

Caellia breathed a sigh of relief as she made her way back to her rooms. She’d fought a mighty battle against Kattath and the other females to keep the wedding dress decent. In the end she had won and the dress was appropriate, but it was a hard won battle and she was eager to get some rest in private. She took a quick look at the guard behind her, if only she could escape him for a few hours. Caellia shook her head slightly, no she couldn’t do that. Nathavin would most likely see that as an attempt to escape the castle rather than just an attempt to get some privacy.

As she rounded the last corner on the way to her rooms she came to an abrupt halt. Nathavin was standing by a locked door near hers. She’d never seen anyone go near that door. Curious, she watched as he withdrew a key, unlocked the door and disappeared inside.

Her guard watched her with a highly amused expression. Apparently she had never realized her rooms were adjacent to Nathavin’s. In truth there was a door that connected the two sets of rooms together. It was kept locked on Nathavin’s side so that unless he unlocked it she couldn’t open it. It would simply appear to be a locked closet door from her side. He wondered if she would come up with the correct answer for the locked door if he gave her a hint. Smirking, he leaned closer to her and whispered darkly, “Nathavin’s preparing for the trip.” He laughed softly when she tensed.

“Those are Nathavin’s rooms?” Caellia’s voice was nearly a squeak. She took the slight laugh as confirmation and began to shake slightly. She’d had no idea his rooms were so close to hers.

She jumped when her guard said, quite loudly, “Come Caellia, you must prepare for the journey to Rune.”

Caellia snapped around to face him. He was just looking at her with an eyebrow arched. He had done that on purpose to announce her presence to Nathavin, she knew it! She raised her own eyebrow at him and defiantly lifted her chin. She would play his little game for now. Before she could say anything, Nathavin emerged from his room.

“Caellia.” He greeted her. Nathavin turned his grey eyes on the guard questioningly, why had the guard so obviously alerted him that Caellia was near? He frowned as the guard simply stood there with a slight smirk on his face. His attention was drawn back to Caellia as she began to speak.

“Nathavin,” Caellia began, “surely you don’t allow your guards to so blatantly disrupt the peaceful rest of others by obviously alerting everyone when a guest is about to enter their rooms?” She heard the guard shift uncomfortably behind her as Nathavin’s gaze swung from her to him.

So, the guard had decided to purposely irk her a bit Nathavin concluded. He held back a chuckle and said in a mockingly stern voice, “I most certainly do not. That would earn said guard extra guard duty.” He made sure the guard understood he was not truly angry as he walked up to the guard and behind Caellia’s view and smiled slightly before continuing. “It is in the poorest form for a guard to give a needless alert.” He smirked slightly, “You will be given extra duty…” He paused for the guard to supply his name before continuing.

“Faeraonar,” replied the guard.

“Faeraonar, you will be given double shifts guarding Caellia beginning tomorrow. You are dismissed. I will take over from here.” He ignored Caellia’s startled gasp as he awaited Faeraonar’s response.

Caellia stared at Nathavin in shock. Surely he couldn’t mean to watch her tonight! She wanted some peace tonight before the journey to Rune! She was so stunned she barely heard the guard’s, Faeroanar’s reply.

“As you command my Lord.” Faeraonar bowed lowly to Nathavin before rising and taking his leave. He took one last look at Caellia and fought back a laugh, this was not what the young princess had envisioned taking place.

Caellia watched as the guard disappeared down the hallway. She wished she were going with him. Caellia briefly wondered how far she could get down that hallway before Nathavin caught her. Her musing’s were cut short as he gained her attention, almost as if he’d been reading her mind.

“Don’t bother to attempt to outrun me, little one. This is my home and there is nowhere you can run or hide that I don’t know about.”

“Why did you take over guarding me tonight? I thought you would need time to prepare and rest for the journey?” Caellia asked nervously.

Nathavin grabbed her shoulders and pushed her against the wall as he leaned in close to her. “Are you concerned about me Caellia? Surely Shillien must be smiling down upon me if I have earned your concern.”

Caellia struggled futilely in his grasp, “Why would I concern myself with your well being dark one?”

Nathavin leaned in further, so that his breath tickled her sensitive ears, “I am your Lord. I hold your fate, and the fate of your people, in my hand. Should something happen to me, I could not guarantee your or your people’s safety.” He pulled away and looked down upon her shocked face.

“You callous monster! You wouldn’t dare harm me or my people!” Caellia hissed angrily.

“Who said I would harm you? Have you forgotten Asadar that easily?” Nathavin questioned. “I swore I would protect you Caellia. I do not take that vow lightly.” He leaned in once again and rested his forehead on hers.

“I do not want, nor require your protection Nathavin.” Caellia began as she tried to ignore the strange feelings his nearness to her was causing. “Goryn may have asked you to protect me while he was still alive,” her voice caught slightly as she continued, “but he is gone now and you may release yourself of that vow.”

Nathavin fisted his right hand in her hair as he pulled back slightly to better look at her. Curse her for bringing Goryn’s name into this! “I could release myself from that vow true enough. But what if I don’t want to Caellia?” His smoldering eyes bore into hers. “What if I desire to have you by my side and never let another living soul possess you? Because that’s what I want!”

Caellia stammered slightly under the force of his gaze and his words, “Wh..Why? Why Nathavin?” She could hardly think, she felt weak and was afraid she’d no longer be able to stand before long. What was wrong with her?! She could no longer meet Nathavin’s eyes and turned her head slightly to one side to avoid his gaze. However she was forced to turn back to him as he insistently tugged at her hair and forced her to look at him. “Why do you wish that? You have more than made your intentions clear toward me and my people. Why shouldn’t I believe that your goals are no better than Asadars?”

Kattath watched the two silently from the opposite hallway. Caellia had gone right to the heart of the matter. Nathavin had yet to prove to her why she should believe and trust in him. Kattath wondered, what will you tell her Nathavin? She continued to watch as a lone tear made its way down Caellia’s cheek as she continued.

“You’ve promised to bring my people to their knees just like Asadar plans! Why should I believe anything you vow?” Caellia put her hands on Nathavin’s chest and pushed against him with all her strength. “Goryn’s spirit said to trust you. He didn’t say how far or for how long!”

Kattath watched the two closely and opened her senses to see their respective auras. Nathavin’s was shot through with conflicting emotions. Red and pink for passion and love, but also a greenish yellow for anger, jealousy and discord. Caellia’s aura was similar to his. She also had red and pink swirling in her aura, but she also had black mixed in. Black represented sadness and confusion.

Nathavin clenched his jaw as she pushed him away from her slightly. He couldn’t answer her questions and looked away from her. Nathavin didn’t know the answers to them himself. He just knew that the mere thought of her leaving made him uncomfortable. If he released himself from Goryn’s vow she would be free to leave him. Even though he could force her to stay with him by reminding her that she had traded her life for Goryn’s on the battlefield, he no longer wanted to force her to stay, but the thought of her leaving was more painful than he would dare to admit, even to himself.

Tell her Nathavin, Kattath silently urged him. She needs to hear it even if she doesn’t believe it at first. She continued to watch the two unobserved.

“Caellia,” Nathavin turned to face her again, “Asadar will not touch you.” His face turned into a fierce scowl as he continued. “You will be my queen! Even if I released myself from the vow I made to Goryn as he died you would still belong to me! You pledged yourself to me on the battlefield outside Oren. I intend to hold you to that agreement!” His chest constricted painfully at the look on her face.

Caellia watched him with tear filled eyes. He was right. She would always belong to him. She always had belonged to him she thought as she remembered the cursed scrolls. Her long hair covered her face as her head bowed in defeat.

Kattath sighed in frustration. She was going to personally twist Nathavin’s ears soon if he didn’t stop denying what he already knew to be true. She made her presence known but was shocked at the look of pure fury Nathavin shot her way. His aura had gone to a pure, dark purple with gold and silver streamers sparkling throughout. She stood as still as possible, not daring to breathe as she looked into his eyes. They had gone solid black with the intensity of his fury. She had not realized that the dark blood had taken hold of him and had made him more prone to being angry at being disturbed.

“Leave us!” It was not a request, and it was far more than a simple commanding order.

Caellia jumped at his voice. She followed his gaze and saw Kattath standing in the center of the hallway. She had never seen that look on the dark elven females’ face. Kattath was terrified. She looked back at Nathavin and stared in shock. He was furious, no, he was beyond furious. What had caused him to become so angry so quickly? She began to edge away from him, hugging the wall and sliding to his left.

Kattath tried to warn Caellia to be still, “Caellia,” she called softly “be still.” That was too much for Nathavin however.

“Be silent!” He knew he was over reacting. But Kattath’s eavesdropping had pushed him over the edge. She knew better than to listen in on his conversations. He turned his infuriated gaze on Caellia and growled out. “Stay still, I will deal with you momentarily.” He then walked forcefully over to Kattath, “You will never eavesdrop on me again! Is that understood?” His voice had dropped to a deadly whisper.

“Yes, my Lord. As you command.” Kattath dropped into a low, humble bow and stayed there until he dismissed her. As she quickly rose and turned to leave she sent a silent prayer to Shillien to protect Caellia from his wrath, and while she didn’t much care for the Goddess Eva, she sent a quick prayer to her as well.

Caellia watched as Kattath made her hasty exit and wished she could go with her. As she leaned back she realized that she was standing in front of her door. She took a quick glance at Nathavin’s back and made her decision. She grasped the door handle, pushed the door inwards and disappeared inside. Once inside she slammed the bolt home and listened in terror as Nathavin paced slowly toward the door.

“Caellia, open the door now.” Nathavin warned. He waited a beat before continuing, “Open it now!”

Caellia found her voice and shakily managed a reply, “No! Leave me be Nathavin!” She frantically tried to think of an excuse to keep him out. “I must prepare for the journey to Rune.”

“That can wait until we have settled this matter. Unlock this door immediately!”

“No!” Caellia began to look for anything to use as a weapon.

“You little fool! Do you think you can keep me out of a room in my own castle?!” He stormed away to his rooms.

Caellia heard him leave her door and panicked, where was he going? The castle was silent as she waited with baited breath. She knew he hadn’t gone away for long and quickly resumed her search for a makeshift weapon. Caellia was unaware of the slight noise as a door within her room was unlocked. Nor did she hear the near silent footfalls as Nathavin approached her from behind.

“What are you searching for Caellia?” Nathavin silkily asked her.

Caellia jumped up from searching the bottom drawers of a vanity and looked in the mirror to see him standing directly behind her. She had a flashback of him in the small hut, backlit by the lone candle, and shivered in fear. And something else she couldn’t name. “How did you get in here?” she nervously asked.

“I can get into any room in this castle Caellia. There is nowhere within this castle you can hide from me.” He continued to watch her in the mirror for a few seconds more before turning her around to face him. “I gave you a direct order, little one. You were told to stay still, and yet you ran. Why did you defy me?” He fought to regain some semblance of control. He didn’t wish to harm or scare her anymore than he had already.

Caellia couldn’t answer him she was so frightened. As she stood staring at him she was shocked to hear his next words.

“Caellia, I don’t wish to hurt you, but I must know, why did you defy me?” He was in pain, physical pain from defying the pull of the dark blood. His face was contorted with it and his voice couldn’t hide it. He was all but pleading with her to answer his question.

“I…I was afraid.” Caellia stammered quietly. What was wrong with him? He seemed to be in a great deal of pain. “Nathavin,” she began hesitantly, “what’s going on? Why are you in pain?”

“It’s nothing to worry yourself over Caellia. Just do not defy me again. Ever.” He shuddered slightly as he continued to fight the dark bloods pull. “Do not fear me. I have no desire to see you harmed.” He looked into her eyes and for once in his long life allowed another to see his weakness, “Caellia, trust me.”
Old 06-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #58
nabiscocookie
Dark Knight

Caellia sat silently on her strider and reflected on her conversation with Nathavin. ‘Trust me’ he had said. Why had he looked to be in pain? Also, was that worry she had seen in his eyes? She lifted her head slightly and looked ahead and across to her left at Nathavin’s back as their striders ate up the distance to Rune. Sighing, she shook her head. She would never understand dark elves. Caellia gave a speculative glance behind her at Kattath. The woman knew something about Nathavin that she wasn’t telling, and Caellia vowed to learn what she knew. Twice now Kattath had tried to warn Caellia when she pushed too far. Yes, the dark elven female definitely knew something she wasn’t divulging.

Kattath felt a pair of eyes on her and looked toward to Caellia and found the princess watching her. She opened her senses to read Caellia’s aura. Caellia’s aura was light blue and yellow, the colors of sharpened perception, understanding and confidence. The princess was on the verge of understanding, or had already come to understand a significant problem.

Caellia narrowed her eyes at Kattath and gave her a pointed glare, intent on getting the message across that the two of them needed to speak. Kattath nodded her head slightly, the message was received. They would speak tonight when they stopped to rest.

Nathavin cursed as the strider stumbled from its lack of night vision. They would have to stop for the rest of the night. Nathavin looked back to Caellia, only to find that she had already dismounted her strider and was heading straight to Kattath with a very determined look upon her face. He glanced upward at the stars and quickly judged the distance they had put between them and the castle. All things considered, they had put considerable distance between themselves and Goddard. A sharp shout brought his attention back to Kattath and Caellia. They were fussing with a knight over something. Frowning, he approached them.

“I just want to speak with Kattath in private! You do not have to guard me every single moment when I’m with her! Now leave us!” Caellia turned furious eyes to Nathavin. “I will not tolerate this guard following my every step any longer! I have not attempted to escape since I made my vow! Why must my every step be watched?” Her chest heaved with her angry breathing and her eyes flashed dangerously in the moonlight. She had her limits and she’d reached them. Kattath was as good a guard as any one of the knights or blade dancers Nathavin could summon to guard her.

Nathavin looked at the knight, “Your shift doesn’t start until morning. Why are you following the two of them?”

“My Lord, I only wished to ensure that Caellia,” his voice turned bitter as he said her name, “did not attempt to escape again.”

“You do not trust that I can handle one silver ranger alone?” Kattath arched an eyebrow haughtily at the knight.

“You couldn’t handle her when our castle was besieged by Goryn. Why should the situation be any different now?” The knight challenged.

“Enough! Kattath can handle the princess on her own.” Nathavin ignored Caellia’s annoyed huff at being talked about as if she weren’t there. “If she can not, then there is nowhere Caellia can run off to as she is not yet skilled enough to survive this close to the Varka Silenos outpost alone.” Nathavin watched the knight closely, something was out of place. He had ordered that all of the guards being considered to watch Caellia have no deep rooted will to kill light elves. They had to be above that and fiercely loyal to him and him alone to watch her. Nathavin’s eyes narrowed, he would watch this knight closely.

“As you command my Lord.” The knight muttered contemptuously. He caught and held Nathavin’s gaze for a brief moment before he stalked away. Curse Caellia for causing Nathavin to intervene! If only the foolish girl had stayed silent! He seethed silently to himself, he would succeed next time.

Caellia turned to Nathavin, “Do not speak as if I am not present Nathavin. My name is not ‘the princess’.” She glared fiercely at him and was further annoyed when he completely overlooked her again and addressed Kattath instead.

“You will accompany Caellia a bow’s shot length away from the camp, no further.” Nathavin turned to address Caellia, “You have precious little time to discuss whatever it is you wish to speak with Kattath about. I will come to collect the both of you when camp has been properly set.”

“Nathavin, I warn you, do not disregard my presence.” Caellia drew in a deep breath ready to continue but was stopped cold as it became apparent that he had not finished.

“Caellia, I was not disregarding your presence. Indeed, I could never disregard your presence. Nor have I forgotten my discussion with Faeraonar from earlier tonight. I will be watching you the remainder of the night.” Nathavin watched her closely as whatever she had been about to say died on her lips and she stood speechless for a moment.

“Nathavin I really do not require a guard, I will not attempt to run away.”

Kattath watched them quietly, she had been forgotten it seemed. Her heightened senses could tell that Caellia was truthful and sincere in her pledge to not attempt an escape, her aura was white and blue. Would Nathavin allow her to be without a guard?

Nathavin turned to face Caellia and studied her mutely before responding, “Make your discussion quick. The camp is almost set.” He then turned and set off to tend to other, more pressing matters. The strange encounter with the knight was foremost on his mind.

Caellia cursed inwardly and dutifully walked the requested length away from camp and halted. By Antharas he could be infuriating! She huffed angrily and turned to face Kattath and said without preamble. “I know you are withholding information from me regarding Nathavin’s mood of late.”

Ah, so she’s discovered that there’s a reason for his mood swings towards her, Kattath thought to herself. Now, how to explain this? Or, should I explain this? She pouted in concentration as she fought with herself. She made her decision and faced Caellia. “Nathavin is more than he appears to be Caellia. What do you know about our peoples’ histories?”

“I know enough to understand that our parents bound me to him and that there are two scrolls that will confirm that fact.” Caellia watched Kattath closely. The older woman was not comfortable with this discussion.

“I assume you found out about the arrangement recently yes?” Kattath continued at Caellia’s affirmative nod. “Do you remember how surprised you were? How upset and confused you were? You’d been taught all your life to distrust us, to fear us even. Then you find out that you were legally bound in a marriage contract with your most hated nemesis, and by your own parents’ decision no less.” Kattath watched the emotions pass across Caellia’s face. “Nathavin was just as surprised and shocked as you no doubt were. Possibly even more so, until recently he had no idea that he was the rightful heir to the Lordship. He had to fight for it. He’s gotten as far as he has on his own, fighting every step of the way.”

“What has this got to do with his current baffling mood shifts?” Caellia stared hard at Kattath.

“Caellia, I’m saying that he is confused. He is no longer sure his goals and plans are correct, or if they ever were. He is for once uncertain on how to proceed.” That was true enough, he had confided in her that he was no longer sure on how to handle the light elven situation. “His plans have been cast into doubt because of those scrolls. They detail that the alliance forged between our people was to protect both races. Your betrothal to him sealed that arrangement. He now has to make a choice between the two goals…” Kattath frowned as Caellia’s eyes brightened in an apparent revelation. What had she said to cause that?

“That’s it! That’s it!” Caellia clapped her hands excitedly. If he could bring those scrolls before the other Kings of the land to force her to marry him as he had once threatened, then she could also bring those scrolls to their attention and force him to leave her people alone!
Old 07-01-2006, 03:30 AM   #59
oEliinao
Purgatory Shadow

oEliinao is on a distinguished road

Keep going! You're such a wonderful storyteller <3

*anxious to read more ...*

MacLeod: Lineage1 is supposed to be a sequel to Lineage2. Lineage1 doesn't even have dwarves. That tells me that the entire race has died out by then...
oEliinao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #60
Nawe
Banned

Nawe is an unknown quantity at this point

Great story! I enjoyed reading it!
Nawe is offline   Reply With Quote