Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: How is Aion Lagging Lineage 2?

*Puts on Tinfoil Hat(tm)*

Blasphemy Jiggie!
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #22
DuKardai
Guardian Archangel

DuKardai is on a distinguished road

Yep ... me also getting lag spike problems. Died 10 times or more because of that :/
I will explain how it happens and you will say is it same as for you or not.
Game play goes smoothly and in some moment (no real reason for this) game stops responding. After 1 minute clicking "you are disconnected" message appears. After re-login game goes smoothly as before.
I noticed some remarks about these spikes:
- PC performance doesn't affect this. I have pretty good pc right now.
- it is not ISP problem (I am sure about this 95%). Mine ISP is quite big and stable.
- after login some times appear "mouse click lag spikes" (game do not respond on mouse clicks), but after keyboard turn right/left everything fixes
- it is doesn't matter will you kill l2 process or wait till "disconnected" message appears, after relogin is everything ok.
- same lag disconnects on active character and market characters. Maybe for market character is more frequent because 3 times in a row I got lag disconnect during 20 minutes after login.

So, is info above is same for all of you?
DuKardai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #23
CimexusSH
Imperial Warlord

CimexusSH is an unknown quantity at this point

As others have pointed out, the North American Aion servers are hosted in the same facility as the EAST coast L2 servers (Phoenix and Devianne). So yes, problems at a data-centre level that affect one game may affect the other too.

Having said that, I do not think NC is incompetent enough not to provision sufficient bandwidth for both games. For what it's worth, I don't get any lag in L2 (Phoenix) or Aion (Nezekan), two servers both hosted in the same physical location.

This is not to say other people don't have problems! I myself have experienced routing issues in the past to NC's data centre. But I think NC keeps a close eye on their links to that data centre, since it is basically a single point of failure for what will be by far their most profitable game in the West. Any congestion affecting that data centre will therefore be taken very seriously. Keep bugging Support about it and hopefully they can help resolve the issue.
CimexusSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #24
Judas
Baylor

Judas has a spectacular aura about themJudas has a spectacular aura about them

ncsoft can't fix an issue that isn't in there system..

people need to get a clue that wehre their internet connection starts doesn't EMEDIATELY go into ncsoft network..

people thousands of miles away have to traverse a large number of routers and network exchanges to get to that point..

i don't know HOW often i've explained this in the simpliest of terms yet people ignore it.... so unfortunately i have to side with Jyrki. Reguardless of how often or how simple things are explained... people are idiots and refuse to think even halfway intelligently.

Majority of the routers/exchanges and whatnot specially some of the large backbones are not well maintained... peoples internet is slow/lackluster not because of their ISP specially usually, but the route to the other end is such a royal screwup that your lucky to even connect.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
Lyzira
Retired Community Manager

Lyzira will become famous soon enoughLyzira will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CimexusSH View Post
As others have pointed out, the North American Aion servers are hosted in the same facility as the EAST coast L2 servers (Phoenix and Devianne). So yes, problems at a data-centre level that affect one game may affect the other too.
This is not the case. Our East coast servers are not located in the same place as the Aion servers.
Lyzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #26
DrTulp
Remnant Diabolist

DrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzira View Post
This is not the case. Our East coast servers are not located in the same place as the Aion servers.
In all these "lag" issues i've only had it really bad once and then i couldn't log on this site either. I live near Toronto.
At the risk of being shot i think its not NC problem but how the different isp get to the servers.
DrTulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #27
ZolteR
Imperial Warlord

ZolteR will become famous soon enough

Heh, it's funny how suddenly a bunch of ppl is getting L2 connection problems since the Aion stuff and people says is not NCsoft fault.... .

I'm starting to have more fun in L2 forums than in game HAHA!
ZolteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #28
DrTulp
Remnant Diabolist

DrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the rough

That's because in game you stand around in town afk.

Go do something fun!
DrTulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #29
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

atarth will become famous soon enoughatarth will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: How is Aion Lagging Lineage 2?

very few players log and write on forums,not enough time for grind and write,if they would all log and write you could see its not ''same players lag problem'' is almost ''everyone 's lag problem''
the reason ive started writing,its because i cant almost move every night in game.
if it is not a nscoft problem but a worldwide routers/connections problem that appeared some months ago,then i guess we all have to quit game......
since nscoft cant fix lag,since our internet provider cant locate the problem,then the worldwide internet is not capable of running L2???

how was L2 able to run smoothly 1 year ago?

since kamael update i begun to see my toons ''freezed'' then after 1-2 minutes the message on screen ''you have beed disconnect'',and when i was loging again i was dead from mobs that never lag......
during this dc from game i never had dc on other programs like VENT MSN

ive changed computer and internet provider trying to find out what was causing this,then i saw that most people on my clan were having same problems.
then people begun to public shout or hero shout FIX THAT LAG so i knew it was all over.

the only days i played with 0 lag was on pts.why pts was not laging at all?

since last event i almost never dc(excluding the week when the vitality pots reward was and all servers went down over and over) but i have a constant lag that becomes heavy after evenings.

any answer pls?
atarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #30
CimexusSH
Imperial Warlord

CimexusSH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My bad - I was acting on old information. Now that I do a bit of investigating that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last time I tried though (and admittedly this was back in Aion closed beta), my route to Phoenix, and my route to Nezekan, was ~exactly~ the same up to the last hop (actually I think the servers were even on the same subnet). Ok so this doesn't necessarily mean they are in exactly the same place, but they were pretty close IAD.LLNW.NET ... northern Virginia. Possibly Reston (this is just a guess ... my employer has an office in that area though and I know that there are a heap of data centres around there).

But yeah the route seems to be different now ... doesn't even pass through the same backbone anymore (LLNW.NET for Phoenix, PCCW for Nezekan). Actually my route to the Aion servers is a lot nicer now ... only 8 hops down from 13 and a good 30-40ms less ping than to the L2 east servers. So fair enough - they aren't hosted together after all it seems.

Having said that, I've seen server/network outages affect both games at exactly the same time before.
CimexusSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #31
DuKardai
Guardian Archangel

DuKardai is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I got no lag spike and no DC.
Does it means that lag problem solved?
DuKardai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:47 AM   #32
Trensharo
Valakas

Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
There is no point to, the majority of the L2 community hears some of the most outlandish rumors, and immediately turns it into some amazingly stupid conspiracy theories about anything negative, and latch on to them like its biblical, and not like any sort logical explanation given is ever correct in their eyes at that point, so why waste the time?
Epic run-on sentence, there.
Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #33
AshleyHunter
Valakas

AshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to all
Question Re: How is Aion Lagging Lineage 2?

Quote:
what about the West Coast? I'm on the east Coast but I play on the West Coast (at the time I join Lionna on day 1 we didn't know were the server was)

I didn't have any lag problems till last night and my Dwarf has been in shop mode for a over a month with no problem but D/c 2 times last night.
AshleyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #34
Isabelie
Remnant Diabolist

Isabelie will become famous soon enoughIsabelie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZolterR View Post
Heh, it's funny how suddenly a bunch of ppl is getting L2 connection problems since the Aion stuff and people says is not NCsoft fault.... .

I'm starting to have more fun in L2 forums than in game HAHA!
hahahaa see I do have the best Adventuring company on the server! I like flying around the forums, but always have more fun in game!

EAC FOR THE WIN lolz
Isabelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #35
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

atarth will become famous soon enoughatarth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyHunter View Post
I didn't have any lag problems till last night and my Dwarf has been in shop mode for a over a month with no problem but D/c 2 times last night.

my dorf dc from shop almost every night...try to make sales that way!
atarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #36
Lyzira
Retired Community Manager

Lyzira will become famous soon enoughLyzira will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyHunter View Post
what about the West Coast? I'm on the east Coast but I play on the West Coast (at the time I join Lionna on day 1 we didn't know were the server was)

They also do not share space with the Aion servers for the West coast. If you're having a lag or disconnect problem, it is not related to the new game.
Lyzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #37
phoenixdown
Remnant Diabolist

phoenixdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They also do not share space with the Aion servers for the West coast. If you're having a lag or disconnect problem, it is not related to the new game.
Just the old one?

Its pretty sad I cannot setup an AFK shop without being DC'd overnight, but i can play for hours on end at any point and never dc.
phoenixdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #38
Judas
Baylor

Judas has a spectacular aura about themJudas has a spectacular aura about them

since NCsoft moved the west coast server to the seattle location.... my lag disappeared.. i have little to no Disconnections.. (it's rare, and usually due to my ISPs connection)..

It's all about location, location location..... Where you are.. and where they are... and the route in which you connect to it...
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #39
Isabelie
Remnant Diabolist

Isabelie will become famous soon enoughIsabelie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
since NCsoft moved the west coast server to the seattle location.... my lag disappeared.. i have little to no Disconnections.. (it's rare, and usually due to my ISPs connection)..

It's all about location, location location..... Where you are.. and where they are... and the route in which you connect to it...
*passes BEER* some peeps will never get it, but most do!
Isabelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aion, lag, lineage 2