Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

View Poll Results: Most Forgiving Class?
Sigel Knight 2 11.11%
Yul Archer 1 5.56%
Tyrr Warrior 3 16.67%
Othell Rogue 1 5.56%
Feoh Wizard 1 5.56%
Iss Enchanter 2 11.11%
Wynn Summoner 7 38.89%
Aeore Healer 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
The Cow King
Elpy

The Cow King is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the most lag-friendly class?

Hey everyone, just started playing Lineage II and was wondering what class would be the most forgiving on a 56k modem.

I'm leaning towards Orcs in terms of race, but that is just personal preference. Basically, I just want a powerful endgame class that is completely viable on a slow connection.

I heard Yul Archers and Iss Enchanters are both good classes, but I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind that I probably won't be able to afford to play as the more expensive classes, if there are any.

Let me know what you think.
The Cow King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #2
Mange
Dark Knight

Mange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the most lag-friendly class?

u cant play orc archer unless u buy a toon with stone of destiny and thats now allowed so then ull get BANNED!!!

about lag. i have no idea.
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
Stefa
Dark Lord

Stefa is on a distinguished road
Post Re: What is the most lag-friendly class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mange View Post
u cant play orc archer unless u buy a toon with stone of destiny and thats now allowed so then ull get BANNED!!!

He can be an Orc Archer with use of Dual Class,but if he wants it for Main Class,it would be impossible to get it!
Stefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
Punky
Purgatory Shadow

Punky will become famous soon enough

OMG...do they even still have a 56k Modem...dude...bad news for ya....Lineage2 isnt the game for you if ya on Dial up...the game ( last i looked) was 12 Gigs in size ( which prolly isnt a problem for newer comp) but man...Dial up!...seriously...you wont even be able to log in...much less move...and thats not even talking about Siege days...thats just a normal day....BUT if ya still wanna try....GL to you
Punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
The Cow King
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
OMG...do they even still have a 56k Modem...dude...bad news for ya....Lineage2 isnt the game for you if ya on Dial up...the game ( last i looked) was 12 Gigs in size ( which prolly isnt a problem for newer comp) but man...Dial up!...seriously...you wont even be able to log in...much less move...and thats not even talking about Siege days...thats just a normal day....BUT if ya still wanna try....GL to you
I am aware of the file size, I have already downloaded the client with my satellite connection. The size of the game only presents a problem if you don't have the required amount of HDD space, it has little to do with the rest of the hardware requirements.

The official system requirements clearly state that Goddess of Destruction supports dial-up. In fact, it is one of the very few MMOs that still do, which is why it caught my interest in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mange View Post

I know you can't play as an Orc Yul Archer, I was merely stating that I prefer Orcs over the other races. That's not going to limit my choice when it comes to choosing a class though, it just would be an added bonus if I could play as my race of choice.

Now if somebody could offer me some insightful comments, it would be a great help.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
Aconyte
Zaken

Aconyte is a jewel in the roughAconyte is a jewel in the roughAconyte is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cow King View Post
The official system requirements clearly state that Goddess of Destruction supports dial-up.
The minimal requirements you're referring to haven't been updated since 2004, and they have nothing to do with real state of things.

It was in 2005 when I tried playing L2 on dial-up for the last time, yes it was quite playable in deserted locations but I got huge lag when attempted to enter the Tower of Insolence (a huge structure packed with mobs).

Currently, I see that my 3 MBit connection can only provide mediocre game experience: I can play ok out of towns, I lag when I enter villages, the game takes minutes to load when I port to big towns, and sometimes I get disconnected upon porting or relogging just because it can't transfer necessary amounts of data from the server in time.
And of course castle sieges are not an option either, as I can stay in the combat zone only as a corpse.

Anyway, to answer your question, most "lag-friendly" classes are melee fighters that wear heavy armor which helps them survive lag spikes. Another option is an orc mystic that can life-drain non-stop. Summoners look viable too.
Aconyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
Punky
Purgatory Shadow

the Class you choose doesnt pertain to lag...there are no classes less laggy than others.....Lag exists due to many ppl online at same time...they are 2 seperate things and neither has anything to do with the other
Old 05-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Harny
Heathen Knight

Harny will become famous soon enough

Aeore Healer http://boards.lineage2.com/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://boards.lineage2.com/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://boards.lineage2.com/images/polls/bar3-r.gifhttp://boards.lineage2.com/clear.gif 1 16.67%
seriously? Take a slap.
Harny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

What does it have with the OP?
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
the Class you choose doesnt pertain to lag...there are no classes less laggy than others.....Lag exists due to many ppl online at same time...they are 2 seperate things and neither has anything to do with the other
Maybe you didn't understand the OP, but there are classes that suffer much more than other when lagged.

1st healer - if this lags, ur party dies because you couldnt heal them.

2nd tank - no agro or stun- healer/main DD is swarmed easier .

3rd dagger - they need positioning behind targets and are under range from any class/monster.

4th nuker - low hp and defense, but range which creates time to step back, but if you are caught and lagging, it might be hard to do anything but spaming nukes might help.

5th archer - good range and speed which makes it not so that it's not as punishing when lagging but it's still not a face-to-face class so it might get screwed if such situations happens under lag.

6th warrior(later lvls) - generally good HP and defense and not an imediate target and can face enemy on any side so doesn't loose as much when lagging but rushing becomes much harder.

7th enchanter - generally good stats and if u use macro for healing melody it's kinda fine, rest of skills is spam on key targets. And buffs last long time so you don't have to worry about buffing that much if you lag.

8th summoner - you have enormous defense due to transfer pain, your summons take the dmg for you most of the times, plus you are usualy on the back and have time to react to incoming dangers while lagging.

This is my view of which class suffers most from internet lag, but this is refering to awakened classes (lvl85+).
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
The Cow King
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconyte View Post
The minimal requirements you're referring to haven't been updated since 2004, and they have nothing to do with real state of things.
I'm going to cry if what you say is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalesca View Post
This is what I wanted to hear, thanks.

Personally, I think the Iss Enchanter would be the best choice, all you would need to do is buff your party while they level for you. Assuming you can find a some players to party with, it should be quite viable.
Otherwise, I think the Wynn Summoner would be the better class if you wanted to solo, because not only are they fairly survivable, but lag will only have a minimal impact on their pets ability to do damage.

So the question is; how easy is it to get a party together?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #12
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point

ISS is an absolutely stupid suggestion as a 'lag friendly class', almost as bad as the notion of playing on a 56k connection. ISS must get peoples harmonies right and buff sonatas every 5 minutes. They must debuff every 5 seconds plus crowd control and heal if stuff goes wrong. Sonatas drop and DPS drops and people start dying. ISS is basically Tyr + Buffer + Backup crowd control/healer. There's already enough terrible ISS's about getting people killed, don't need more.

Summoner is a much better class if you have a bad connection since the summons can be left on protect and they'll kill anything that attacks them or you even if you're afk. Dunno if they'll add to the lag though.

Personally I wouldn't recommend playing on a 56k connection though, even 3g mobile broadband is better than that. How can you afford food/shoes yet you can't get better than 56k? :O
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #13
The Cow King
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferine View Post
I live in remote part of Australia and the only connections available in my area are satellite and dial-up.

I appreciate the feedback on the Iss Enchanter, looks like I'm going to roll a summoner then, I just hope the the game will run on my 56k.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #14
Punky
Purgatory Shadow

Well one poster ( believe it was Ferine) said it right...the Iss is a very important class indeed, they do alot more than "Stand there and buff". If i was in a grp and the Iss just stood there and let the others lvl it ( like i believe Cow King stated ) i would kick it to the curb and get another one or box my own
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cow King View Post
I live in remote part of Australia and the only connections available in my area are satellite and dial-up.

I appreciate the feedback on the Iss Enchanter, looks like I'm going to roll a summoner then, I just hope the the game will run on my 56k.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Ah makes sense then I guess.

Not sure how you'll find everything, I tried playing from University where they'd throttled the ports L2 uses so my speed was REALLY slow. Took me 10-20 seconds to respond to movement in towns so basically all I could do was sit in a remote area with no one there and chat to people.

The more NPCs/Players in an area the better a connection you need, I imagine it's gonna suck in any towns and xp spots with lots of mobs like soa, etc.
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #16
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferine View Post
ISS is an absolutely stupid suggestion as a 'lag friendly class', almost as bad as the notion of playing on a 56k connection. ISS must get peoples harmonies right and buff sonatas every 5 minutes. They must debuff every 5 seconds plus crowd control and heal if stuff goes wrong. Sonatas drop and DPS drops and people start dying. ISS is basically Tyr + Buffer + Backup crowd control/healer. There's already enough terrible ISS's about getting people killed, don't need more.
How hard is it to buff every 5 minutes a single person? I lag and play with ISS smoothly, everyclass must debuff and do sklls in 5-10 seconds. If every player in your party has nobless and uses their brain, they won't need a rebuff every go**** minute. ISS is lag friendly class as long as your party is not a lil kid party. Also using Assist tool will make it much easier.
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, awakened classes, best class, lag, overpowered