Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 07-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
TailChaser
Valakas

TailChaser is on a distinguished road
Default horrible lag

Horrible lag and constant clicking delays. Starting to get painful when I have to keep hammering themouse and keyboard. Any other servers having these? I'm on Phoenix.
TailChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Calladan
Dark Lord

Calladan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: horrible lag

Yes I am on Aria and been having this since they updated to Gracia 3.
Calladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Aconyte
Zaken

Aconyte is a jewel in the roughAconyte is a jewel in the roughAconyte is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calladan View Post
Yes I am on Aria and been having this since they updated to Gracia 3.
Yes it's absolutely unbearable. (To me, it started on June, 23, after maintenance.)
I was just uncertain if it's going on only on Phoenix, or other servers are affected as well.

Players from USA and Greece, Russia and New Zealand, Holland and Brazil are experiencing regular lag spikes.

At the same time, PingPlotter (tracerouting program) does not show any packet loss on the way to the servers. Therefore, this problem (either lousy connection to the server or just servers misfunctioning) must be somewhere at NCsoft's end.
I hope NCsoft will react and start investigating the issue no later than in 9 months.

Last edited by Aconyte; 07-02-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Aconyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Jyrki
Spezion

Jyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really nice

Seriously...

Never has L2 been so unplayable than it has been for the past week or so with these random few hours a day of Lag.
Jyrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
Mindkeeper
Dark Lord

Mindkeeper is on a distinguished road

+1

Horrible Lag
Mindkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
__Terry__
Remnant Diabolist

__Terry__ will become famous soon enough

Not playing my wl sub for 1 week already cause its impossible to make trains with all this lag.
__Terry__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
VKnight
Thunder Wyrm

VKnight is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, i thought it was just me at first, then i asked around and lots of others were getting it to, and now that i see it on the boards, i must ask...wth is goin on? o0

im gonna do a petition in game. and it isnt my internet, both of my accounts (main on 1 comp, box on 2nd comp) dc at exact same time, and i know its not my internet cuz vent and america instant messenger dont dc.

ive been trying to set up shop past 3 days but my shops disconnect every 2-3 hours, thus i cant even sell items anymore.

EDIT: this did start right after the maintenance, ive been lagging before too, but not like this, this is definatly not the lag on my end.
VKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Jyrki
Spezion

Jyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really niceJyrki is just really nice

It's definatly Local to the servers, or their close network, border routers, or whatever connection they have into their Data Center that houses the servers, because it dosen't effect everyone, just typically those who come in on the same connection. You try saying something to them, and they tell you it's not them, it's us...
Jyrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
TailChaser
Valakas

TailChaser is on a distinguished road

Anyone know if they moved the servers from Texas to Oregon?
TailChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #10
gatompalo
Banned

gatompalo will become famous soon enough

There is a room after the past Tuesday mainten,at Martyrdom,big room,where only 4 mobs spawns instead of 8,and they also are stuck in one wall of the room.

Btw Franz down.
gatompalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #11
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave

Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconyte View Post
At the same time, PingPlotter (tracerouting program) does not show any packet loss on the way to the servers. Therefore, this problem (either lousy connection to the server or just servers misfunctioning) must be somewhere at NCsoft's end.
I hope NCsoft will react and start investigating the issue no later than in 9 months.
FAIL - 0 packet loss does not mean that it is an NC issue - please post your complete tracert log so that it can reviewed to see where the data hang up is.

Not fanboi'ing NC, but until people starting posting up the complete tracert logs - it could be a problem with the ISP instead.
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #12
olgen
Guardian Archangel

olgen is on a distinguished road

yeah I get that too.

First I thought it's because of my location - I play on Phoenix from Europe. I've got used to the slight lag though playing about a year.

However right now the lag is much worse as some actions are getting delayed more than the others.

Basically it looks like the pockets are getting lost on the way to the server or back from it.

My provider responded that it's not their territory. So it must be something with certain global providers. Perhaps people who lag all depend on these same providers...

And btw when I play at GMT0:00 to like GMT3:00 the problem seems to be non-existent.
olgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #13
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave

Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgen View Post
Basically it looks like the pockets are getting lost on the way to the server or back from it.

My provider responded that it's not their territory. So it must be something with certain global providers. Perhaps people who lag all depend on these same providers...

Logs?????

Again... not being fanboi - just trying to help out anyone that is having this issue.
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #14
SoulMagic
Remnant Diabolist

SoulMagic will become famous soon enough

I had this too after the June, 23 maintenance. Completely unplayable, 8-10 second freezes, my pickups took so much spamming of the F key it's on my finger started to hurt ><

First tried full file check, no help.

Then deleted the L2.bin file in the system folder (don't ask me why, I just noticed it was mentioned in several crit error messages). Rebooted, including rebooting my modem and it's been fine since

When you start the launcher it will automatically update that bin file.

Not saying this will help you, just that it helped me, can't hurt to try ^^

edit: ps: I am on Phoenix and play from southern california if it helps
SoulMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:11 AM   #15
Anesis
Thunder Wyrm

Anesis is an unknown quantity at this point

on Teon and laging since the event, its same way as few weeks ago

look into it and fix it please if you can, some oficial info from GM would help too, starting to feel like on a private server...

Last edited by Anesis; 07-03-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Anesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #16
Kaar
Hungry Spirit

Kaar is an unknown quantity at this point

it has something to do with the event... and the few gazillions new (trial) accounts being created to buy the 24 scrolls.. and the constant fireworks fire off when some1 makes a +4 and up enchant on the event staff... and where the heck are the dorf craft shops in giran?

P.S. ofc the only way to actually confirm this is to wait till the event is over... and then some. broken as intended, kudos to those involved.
Kaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #17
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Playing cardinal on raids with 3 sec or more lag before I see the heal going off is kinda exciting lol.

Someone pls look into the lag.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:10 AM   #18
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough

Buffing a full party and keeping prophecy up is kinda fun with these lags, click a buff, nothing happens, click again, double buffed, and at the end of the buffing you notice that 4-5 party members did not receive some buffs because they got lost in the lag >.<

But yes, being a main healer with these lags must be lots of fun, especially if you are one of those who still feel sorry when somebody in the party dies
Varaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:27 AM   #19
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Nah, I laugh when they die lol. And most of the time so do they
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #20
Trensharo
Valakas

Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
FAIL - 0 packet loss does not mean that it is an NC issue - please post your complete tracert log so that it can reviewed to see where the data hang up is.

Not fanboi'ing NC, but until people starting posting up the complete tracert logs - it could be a problem with the ISP instead.
Yes, you're fanboi'ing NC.

Lol tracert log. Stop trying to look smart.

There are people from multiple countries all getting lag at the same time. Are you even in a clan? Use Ventrillo/TeamSpeak?

Why doesn't WoW, EverQuest, EverQuest 2, or Guild Wars lag for me? No Vent lag. No lag for any other internet services (Streaming Video, Internet Radio, Download freezes/slowdowns/resets/failures, etc.).

No one needs to post anything for you to see, cause your hypothesis is totally incorrect. The problem is widespread, across all servers, and across many countries with hundreds of different Internet Server Providers. Yes, it's the players' or ISP's faults! Whatever.

It's not a problem with the ISP, since almost everyone has a different ISP, or is coming form a different place.

People Lag all at the same time, D/C at the same time, freeze up at the same time.

This is not the first thread about this:

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=202993 (June 18th, 2009)

It's been happening ever since Gracia Final went live, and really got bad after the event after the launch came out (you know, the botched event). Seems like it's getting worse since this event went live. It almost seems like a pattern. Something is up, and it's not our fault.

Stop trying to look like some technological genius, tracerts won't do anything if the server is lagging, but responding to pings and requests on time. Do you know how lag actually works in these type of applications?

Last edited by Trensharo; 07-03-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lag, support