Lineage II Forums  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
Chantil
Elpy

Chantil is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation [Problem] Altar of Evil >> Laggy ?

Hi there.

As some people saw, some area became hardcore laggy since the last maintenance on January 25.

First I thought it came from my computer, but it was not.
It's not real "lags" cause lags come from bad internet connection.

It's more something called "delay" or "server-related-latency", indeed the problem come from the server at most.
Area like Altar of Evil can make player have lags cause the area animation is more important than in some other place, like the big tree that shack with wind (it's nice, but hard laggy. and in "low details" the tree shack too, so make low computer lags...)

There is many point to the problem. The one I saw, and that make me "OMG" is this one.

In Altar of Evil, sometime the mob seem to "not" respawn. Infact they respawn, BUT in the TREES...

That makes area looks totaly empty, and some lags are there too. Cause when you have all mobs from an area of "30 meters by 30 meters" ingame all spawned on an area of 1milimeter IT bring delay / lags, and it's Normal

Look at the Screens:

Screen 1: Some dogs, rifters and box having party on the tree
(31.01.2012 6:50am GMT+1)

Screen 2: darts fearing player and hide on the tree
(31.01.2012 6:50am GMT+1)

Please make something, I have between 10 and 70 seconds of delay...
But it's ONLY on altar / swampland / harnak that I have hardcore delay...
In place like Monastery of Silence, it's totaly lag free, so it DON'T come from my computer.

Before the maintenance on January 25 I never hard so muche troubles in Altar. I made lvl 76 to 84(reached on Tuesday 24 January) without any lags in Altar, and lvl 84 to now it's killing my nerfs to play in this area.

Fix it fast please...

I think many players will be happy if thoses lags in Altar are fixed.
Thanks for spending attention on my post.

Cordialy, Chantil.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
Kyouchi
Elpy

Kyouchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [Problem] Altar of Evil >> Laggy ?

Pickup some of the items/adena thats scattered all over and it will drop the lag
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Chantil
Elpy

false, there is an option to hide drop on the ground, I use it. It change nothing.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
Jekyll
Goblin Lord

Jekyll is an unknown quantity at this point

lag its caused by ppl....its the massive wave of ppl that came in this region to farm and the truth is that this is the best place to farm (or to power lvl ur minions) from 76,77+

1 month ago when i came home (5 pm gmt+2) i could farm even make trains for few hours without having problems of ks.
2 weeks ago had to fight a bit but still could make sum trains , small trains
since few days ago i cant make any train cuz at every 20 steps theres a grup or an awaken with his minion ....
today this region looks almost like a siege zone....and when too many ppl stay in same region creates lags
Old 01-31-2012, 03:03 AM   #5
Chantil
Elpy

Yes it's true, when there is a lot of people it makes more lags.

But at 5.00am GMT+1 there is only like 3'000 players on the server.

And not so much players in Altar (at my spot).
Before the maintenance I could play without lag, even if there were full party at all spot and no free spot.

When I say "lag" I mean it's totaly unplayable.
Having 10sec - 70sec of responds when picking up or changing target or moving.

Before I had few lags, but it didn't matter cause I know we are 6'000 to play.
But lags now in this area isn't normal there is a real problem but I don't know where it come from.
I just saw this problem about mob spawn point, this maybe isn't the only problem but it is one.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

It's Awakening features that makes some areas extremely laggy. I'm forced to turn on the detail reduction option (alt+P in a word) because the flashes and lights of 735667527 Awakened players and mobs make me lag as hell
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #7
Chantil
Elpy

And when you have already alt+p + drop hidden + display range lowest + all other programs than l2 shutted down AND still having 10sec - 70sec of respond? X)

I'm not here to cry "omfg lagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg"

I'm here to find a way to play without becoming mad.
My hairs are precious for me ='(
Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #8
Jekyll
Goblin Lord

i think its ur connection or ur computer....cuz yesterday i was farming in altar with 753543543 ppl around....and i had a small delay (but i always have a small delay probably cuz im from europe and server is so far away). Its a half sec delay between i target sumthing and takin the target or any other command i do.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
Chantil
Elpy

I'm in Europe too. But it's not a problem from my Hardware, I admit to have a bad connection and normal I have a little latence like you due to distance.

But on sunday afternoon (15.00pm GMT+1) I was in harnak, for 2 hours, and no lags. (harnak was full)

I know the server crashed on sunday morning. The crash made bugged mob spawn cleared.

The mobs that spawn all in a little area make lags. On Tower of Insolence at 4th Floor there are like 100x the 4th floor's Raid Boss...

This make the whole tower laging, and some friend just can't play in ToI after 17.00pm GMT+1

I think there is some infinite cycle in the spawn code, that makes mob spawning with chaotic orders that bring the server to crash by itself cause not enough memory for infinite cycle.

I can do nothing to resolve this problem cause I'm not L2 programmer.

I just know the main problem don't come from my computer / connection side.

I can just hope the trouble will be fixed as faster as possible.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
Kyouchi
Elpy

Kyouchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantil View Post
false, there is an option to hide drop on the ground, I use it. It change nothing.
Dont say false when you dont know, It has always been an issue
Not showing the items dosnt make them get picked up they are still around
and your connection is still sent the information of each and every one of them
Old 01-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #11
Chantil
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouchi View Post
Dont say false when you dont know, It has always been an issue
Not showing the items dosnt make them get picked up they are still around
and your connection is still sent the information of each and every one of them

Taking an exemple, you know "Minecraft" ?

When you have a LOTS of droped item on Minecraft, the server side only send few bits of data like 01110 01101 1101 (the drop in Binary)

The client side see the item droped with an animation of shacking up / down.

When many items are droped, you get lags.

IF you use a texture pack, with the same item in "transparent" (no texture), even if there is 3000000000 of item in the same place. You'll NEVER lag more than just the amount of binary STATIONARY data that only move after 5 minutes (drop auto disapear) or when someone pick it up.

If you hide the drop, the animation isn't there, so the CLIENT side of L2 don't lag anymore from the animation making.

I admit there is still the Binary code received, but This cannot make me having 10sec - 70sec latence. Don't be stupid on this point.

I said "false" cause the amount of item on the ground didn't change anything even in "hide drop". I tested this and it's not the source of my biggest latence.

Even in clear area I have hardcore latency...

*I'm I.T. Technicien, I was private serv admin / dev in the past, I know about lags making by dropped item. But it's not about that we are speaking.*
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
Jekyll
Goblin Lord

its from u dude, i farmed yesteday at 9-11 pm gmt+2 , i coulnt find a single spot to farm , but i wasnt laggy at all just from time to time i got a freeze

Tags
altar, altarofevil, evil, lag