Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
0neShot0neKill
Elpy

0neShot0neKill is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Server Traffic

A quick question about server traffic and it's impact with being able to log into the game.

Does NCSoft intend to allow for server transfers again or are we as players eternally locked in purgatory?

"Due to high server traffic, your login attempt has failed. Please try again soon."

It has been well over a few hours of this message, and I completely understand the reason why. However we did not determine what server we were placed on and have no ability to move at this time.

Is there any talk within the hallowed halls of NCSoft to address this issue in the very near future?
0neShot0neKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Zap
Tainted Zombie

Zap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Server Traffic

the biggest issue with Server traffic is that u see lots of people selling stuff on their characters even iff u have an auction house u can sell at.
Iff people would acctually use this feature instead of taking up valuable spots for people who wanna play , this issue would not be there at all.
NCIsoft should remove the option to sit down and sell.
Iff they did this people would have to go to auction house to buy and sell items.

**Thank you for contacting the Lineage II Game Support Team.

Account Services are currently unavailable. They will be available again some times after the launch of Goddess of Destruction.

Regards,
GM Tornado **
Zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Piotress
Banned

Piotress has a spectacular aura about themPiotress has a spectacular aura about them

You will never see them remove the player shop system as it has always been one of the unique things about Lineage II.

The action house is nice but has some drawbacks as the fee is insanley high and you cannot sell things like complete armor sets, shots, etc.

Plus in addition to the player sell shops there are also Buy and Craft player shops as well and those are something you cannot do in an Auction House.
Piotress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
g.sys
Goblin Lord

g.sys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotress View Post
The action house is nice but has some drawbacks as the fee is insanley high and you cannot sell things like complete armor sets, shots, etc.
whooot? don't think so. it's ok.

But you are right, I think they wouldn't remove the shops.
Rather they could prevent, that one player multibox with more than 2 clients -> more will be forced to group (ohhhh, sadly many poeple rather want to play alone <- multibox)andmany many more free slots for players.
Or remove the bots.
Or auto disconnect idler after certain time (not the shops).

But that for they opened more new server.
g.sys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
PhantoMiria
Tainted Zombie

PhantoMiria is an unknown quantity at this point

Something must be done. Thats all i have to say
PhantoMiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
Piotress
Banned

Piotress has a spectacular aura about themPiotress has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantoMiria View Post
heh. I love members who post useless replies like this as if it will help NCWest.. which it won't because only NCEast (Korea) can change the game mechanics.

Bots will never be removed, they have been here for years and NCWest has never taken any real action against them. I gave up a while ago reporting them, now I just KS their mobs and/or train huge amouts of mobs on them and then bsoe.
Piotress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
Aquilus
Dark Lord

Aquilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantoMiria View Post
Does it? or is it only because you are inconvienienced?

Not to troll. Just saying, these threads are always posted with no real reason for action, yes people say they aren't going to log in, yet servers are still all maxed - so this is unlikely.

I think if anything NEEDS to be done, server transfers, server upgrades, and additional servers.

But as I have stated in a previous post, NCSoft has never acted quickly (in fact with the new servers we have it probably the quickest NC has ever worked). The game was "rereleased" on the 30th of November, we aren't even over 1 1/2 months, you "must have" patience, or you are going to burn yourself out and the game will still survive, (it has been 7+ years).

All that said, we will see on last quarter's financial statment when NC releases the meeting notes, how well this move was for NCWest.
Aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
BladeLiger
Elpy

BladeLiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, NC has never been that quick with anything. This goes back into Lineage one. Its just who they are I suppose. But I still don't get why they opend up Bartz or even magmeld really. But eh. What they REALLY need to do, is open up the char slots and server transfers. Char slots would hopefully make the newer servers more appealing for players (im sure a few of the newcomers n' such have chosen Chronos over the other servers) and transfers would help if say you and your friends/clan are sick of not getting in chronos so they move.

The new servers were supposed to help handle everything yet Chronos is still full. Why? because nobody wants to leave their higher level chars. No matter how much faster lbvling to a point has gotten. Nobody likes to just leave everything behind and play a new server with nothing, but a few had been forced to do so or suffer the full times.

Sorry if my post seems useless. Just joining the discussion after all.
BladeLiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
Aquilus
Dark Lord

Aquilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeLiger View Post
Yea, NC has never been that quick with anything. This goes back into Lineage one. Its just who they are I suppose. But I still don't get why they opend up Bartz or even magmeld really. But eh. What they REALLY need to do, is open up the char slots and server transfers. Char slots would hopefully make the newer servers more appealing for players (im sure a few of the newcomers n' such have chosen Chronos over the other servers) and transfers would help if say you and your friends/clan are sick of not getting in chronos so they move.

The new servers were supposed to help handle everything yet Chronos is still full. Why? because nobody wants to leave their higher level chars. No matter how much faster lbvling to a point has gotten. Nobody likes to just leave everything behind and play a new server with nothing, but a few had been forced to do so or suffer the full times.

Sorry if my post seems useless. Just joining the discussion after all.
+1 friend, +++++1 I assume something will be done or announced in the next 6 months, just need to be patient with an imported game, and imported content --- THIS IS HOW IS ALWAYS WITH EVERY IMPORT GAME IS. (totally ended with a preposition, hope that ****** someone off)
Aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote