Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
1Peri1
Valakas

1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Keeping it casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
Still its stupid not to have a high M.atk as healer/supporter. What if you meet PVP? You need M.atk to land your debuffs etc. - Just saying...

It's hard to pvp as a healer,but if you are in a party with people who can pvp all you do is keep people alive and restore the cp. maybe sleep them if you can,use the push attack to shove them off you. all speaking being 85+. Under that try to get trance and mana drain. if you keep hitting them with trance especially an over enchanted one they won't be able to do much and with no mana no skills to one shot you.
1Peri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #22
Trox
Thunder Wyrm

Trox is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 up View Post
But, since Retribution advised me it's probably best not to play this, maybe I should check into some other games first. I know this is blasphemous to ask on this forum, but do you know any?
I wouldn't listen to Retribution on that part; I've been playing this game pretty casually for quite some time now, and I'm having a blast at it. If you play more for the journey than the destination then you will have fun in L2. If your hoping to get to end game really quick even when playing casual (IE. WoW) then you'll be disappointed with L2, and it would be your best bet to move on to another game.
Trox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #23
DarkOneAU
Elpy

DarkOneAU is an unknown quantity at this point

Like everyone has stated this game can be played casual till 75 before the grind sets in. Since its free to play just have a go and see how it pans out.

Other mmo games besides wow that you should look at is starwars the old republic will suit the more casual gamer

Most of all have fun

Cheers
DarkOneAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
milkycookie
Dark Lord

milkycookie is on a distinguished road

Wow is the best casual game out there outside of the Raids.

Lineage 2 is still hard core, just that all the players who've not yet reached 85 don't know it yet

The whole awakening process is to get you hooked. (rather amateurishly)

So if you want to play casual, L2 is fun up to 85.

That's when you're going to get into the most political and vicious infighting game (outside of E.V.E) this side of the MMO verse.
milkycookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #25
Retribution
Remnant Diabolist

Retribution will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 up View Post
Wow, thank you all for your responses. I actually wasn't sure I'd get any .

Seems like the top two recommended classes would be Warcryer or one of the Elders. I picked those, since I'm not really fond of fighter classes, I always go more into a mage or mage/mixed classes.
Warcryer and his solo capabilities, as you've put it, surely looks more like a character for me, even though I'm extremely dragged towards playing that Elver Elder character.

But, since Retribution advised me it's probably best not to play this, maybe I should check into some other games first. I know this is blasphemous to ask on this forum, but do you know any?

Oh well, if I do decide to play Lineage I'll maybe drop in this thread and tell you my final decision on the class, if anyone would still be interested.

Until then I wish you all best of luck and thank you for your time and help!
Contrary to what others would have you think, I'm not trying to be some hardcore *** here. I'm just being honest with you before you sink time into this. I'm probably as high or higher lvl than anyone else posting in this thread, and I've been playing this game for quite a while. It just doesn't lend itself to casual game play that much, and as I said earlier, the quests are definitely not a shinning highlight of the game play.

I'm taking into account that you have a busy life and things like parties/raids/etc tend not to form up that quickly. With that said, if you just want to kill some mobs and experience the game a bit at a time, then I would take the advice that someone else posted to level up two characters at the same time, such as a damage dealer or tank and a buffer. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by Retribution; 01-10-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Retribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #26
b3cks
Dark Knight

b3cks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisector242 View Post
. As long as your not here to be a PVP god (In which case you better quit your job and live here 24/7 while asking your mom to deliver you waffles ) you will be ok. Tanks and live buffers seem to be the current classes that are needed.
oh noes i don't want to quit my job
b3cks is offline   Reply With Quote