Lineage II Forums  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Marcalv
Elpy

Marcalv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lindvior: Summoners equipment?

I've been researching the patch notes of Lindvior. And there are rumors that the expansion came in April. I'm in the problem of deciding which equipment to buy.

Currently most of the summoners are light armor, bow and mace. Few use steal. But in the new expansion we have magic spells benefits. The four "Marks" will regenerate very quickly as the ability to "Mark retriever". Being able to use them very well followed and chained. Its power is also enlarged.

To this is added the servitor share, besides regenerating MP, also regenerate all summons like a "Mass healt" their HP. Also to equip two-handed mace magic the p.attack increase by 150%.

The idea of ​​going completely equipped as a magician attracts me. And in some videos Olys seems to follow that pattern. I hang the videos:

Now I ask. What equipment do you plan to use?

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

Test Marks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2r37VJULTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raZjI9a-8Zw

Olys pvp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDk6uq8RHQY

(Wynn Elemental Master are using Sigil, Robe and Magic Sword)
Marcalv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Lorco
Hungry Spirit

Lorco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lindvior: Summoners equipment?

In Lindvior there are more benefits using 2 handed blunt magic weapon instead of bow
Lorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

I would say Robe Set + Retributer and if the money allows it a Hvy Set to counter phys. DD's (if you plan to do a lot of oly).
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
LordNicomic
Elpy

LordNicomic is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw videos and it seems that use 2h magic blunt weapon.
But, I dont know if buying robe or light armor?????????
What do you think?
LordNicomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

I will do exactly as know : I got the three type of set, a bow and a retributer.

I may switch for 1h Mace + Sigil one day
Laby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

I'm not gonna spend money on a bow if it turns out that a retributer is the best choice for all pets.

Unfortunately, seeing the powerbook wiki is practically dead, no updated info is easily available...
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
LordNicomic
Elpy

If you use retributer, you will use the set light or robe?? I say for the bonus armor.

Because I've seen some using retributer and light armor, but it would be best robe with retributer.

I have a dark elf Wynn Summoner and i dont know what buy exactly
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
padurarul
Elpy

padurarul is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNicomic View Post
If you use retributer, you will use the set light or robe?? I say for the bonus armor.

Because I've seen some using retributer and light armor, but it would be best robe with retributer.

personally i use light with bow (keep in mind that it fits me, its not general outfit). i think that you have to compare next situations:
1) your summons die fast because you dont have enough casting speed or mana and usually use reapers then you have to equip robe and magic weapon
2) if you use cougars and you manage to keep alive your summons (most of the time) i think its better to use light and bow

of course if you have money buy 2 armors and 2 weapons and change them as you wish (keep in mind your sub, you can use some gear from main) and if you have more money the situation is more complicated because you can add elements, dyes, various accesories (its a never ending story http://boards.lineage2.com/images/icons/icon7.gif)

regards
padurarul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNicomic View Post

I've got both sets of gear, so I have no problems switching between them.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #10
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

You will never feel complete by having only 1 set.

If you go robe, you think ul need hvy, if u go heavy, u think u need light, if u go light, u think u need robe.
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
*Franny*
Tainted Zombie

*Franny* is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen a video about comparing dmg of the new/old cats and cougars - the cats done way more, and it was phisical, so now I'm a bit confused. I mean we are supposed to be wizards to start with, cougars are good for raids but in pvp our marks and retriever what counts, so if we'll have a more powerful patk pet, how to combine with the wizards' equipment?
*Franny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
LordNicomic
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Franny* View Post
I have seen a video about comparing dmg of the new/old cats and cougars - the cats done way more, and it was phisical, so now I'm a bit confused. I mean we are supposed to be wizards to start with, cougars are good for raids but in pvp our marks and retriever what counts, so if we'll have a more powerful patk pet, how to combine with the wizards' equipment?
I have the same problem, but it seems that we will have to wait Lindvior Update for know how equip our pjs.

I'm a dark elf, and so it comes in Lindvior Update I have to put Patk, but i dont know what is the best equipment combination for my summoner.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
Yamino
Imperial Warlord

Yamino has a spectacular aura about themYamino has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Franny* View Post
Link this video.

Also you'll figure out how to change your build. I did already.
Yamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #14
hollly
Dark Lord

hollly is an unknown quantity at this point

no love for heavy set?
i use it since 85 - almost 99 now and all 99 wynns use it, at least on my server (including yamino )
hollly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
Laby
Valakas

Laby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of lightLaby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollly View Post
no love for heavy set?
i use it since 85 - almost 99 now and all 99 wynns use it, at least on my server (including yamino )
In PvE I prefer to have the small p.atk boost from the Light Set. The only situation where I may need more P.Def would be in Epic Spezion, but my tank is awesome most of the time

In PvP I just use my robe set (+6677) to burst people out of themselves with nukes & so
Laby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
Yamino
Imperial Warlord

Yamino has a spectacular aura about themYamino has a spectacular aura about them

I used to be a clan leader, back when pvp was abundant I get targetted more than my healers. Went to heavy, never went back. People stopped focusing me after that and I lost very, very little DPS. Also tanking raids is easy.
Yamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
*Franny*
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laby View Post
In PvE I prefer to have the small p.atk boost from the Light Set. The only situation where I may need more P.Def would be in Epic Spezion, but my tank is awesome most of the time

In PvP I just use my robe set (+6677) to burst people out of themselves with nukes & so
Yes, that's why I have 2 sets now, was thinking about getting the heavy as well, but losing cast speed/matk/etc bonuses might not worth all that pdef - I mean not too much difference compared to light. I still use light most of the time 'cos I need to enchant/attri my robe set, but if the p.atk would count next (seen oly videos with wynns using cats so guessing p.atk is main focus?) not sure I'll ever need the robe. Well, maybe mass pvp to play range with reapers as now...?

To the previous post: I try to find it, and link both videos here.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
*Franny*
Tainted Zombie

Right, it's not with cat but pony against cougar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcSM7KBPRLA

I didn't even pay attention first, but now I can clearly see that the 'old' summons will have the same skills as the 'new' ones, but will do more dmg with them. No questions from me then anymore (^.^)
Old 04-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #19
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Come on, I want 2 Spectral Lords or nothing!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #20
*Franny*
Tainted Zombie

Again, this is just speculation, but according to the video you'd be getting 5 summon points. Reapers/cougars/bears would use 2 each, while the 'old' upgraded pet would use 3. It's only based on the fact that in the video he was able to get old and new servitor, but only one new. Maybe - but ill try to find the olympiad video as well where I've seen the cat.