Lineage II Forums  
Old 03-12-2016, 05:42 AM   #1
fragoha
Elpy
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
fragoha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Skill Enchanting

Hi all. I am leveling a Aeore Eva's Saint (pve focused). I have some questions around skill enchanting on the following skills.
.
Dark Backfire:
Hex vs Mind: Decrease P.Def or M.Def. I see most groups melee oriented so I think P.Def decrease would be more helpful
Chance: Haven't run into problems yet (97) with landing it. Worst case I'll cast it a 2nd or a 3rd time. Does it get harder in higher levels?

Mass Mana Gain:
Shield vs Magic Shield: What would make more sense for high-level PvE (I think more threatening are raid bosses magic skills) so M.Def would make more sense, right?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by fragoha; 03-12-2016 at 07:16 AM.
fragoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:33 AM   #2
Kay!
Goblin Lord
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 40
Kay! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on Skill Enchanting

for pve I would enchant Dark backfire on chance as already crippling + mark of lumi debuff all the p def/m def needed.

on mana gain you can use wind walk if you want cap speed, else p. def always.
Kay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
fragoha
Elpy
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
fragoha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on Skill Enchanting

Is there a cap on the p.def / m.def reduction?

thanks!
fragoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #4
Kahwi
Purgatory Shadow
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 624
Kahwi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice on Skill Enchanting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragoha View Post
Is there a cap on the p.def / m.def reduction?

thanks!
https://l2wiki.com/Mass_Mana_Gain_-_Aeore_Evas_Saint

The skill enchanted up to 10, which is usually more common in the healers, decreases -4.6%, whatever the option of P.def or M.def you choose.
Kahwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist
 
Ferine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,793
Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on Skill Enchanting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragoha View Post
Is there a cap on the p.def / m.def reduction?

thanks!
Yes, the maximum p.def reduction you can do to a player/mob is 50% no matter how many debuffs they have (e.g. a -50% p.def debuff and -50%, -30% and -20% p.def debuffs all stacked together will both just give 50% deduction).

For Dark Backfire I go Chance, it has a long re-use and is an important debuff in PvP, good in PvE. You want it to land first time.
__________________
102/100/80/80 Orc Aeore, 102/99 Evisc/Othel, 101 ISS, 99/99/80/80 Feoh/Yul, + more
NiNjA TuRtLe - Healer in a half-shell!
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #6
Fables
Tainted Zombie
 
Fables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Fables is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice on Skill Enchanting

Enchanting any Aeore skill for p.def reduction is a waste. Enchant them for chance or even m.def (oly).

Also don't enchant Lumi with power, do it by chance. I always laugh when other healers says they will do Lumi because they have it +10 power. As if the +5 dot damage is worth it.
Fables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:56 PM   #7
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Posts: 2,104
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Advice on Skill Enchanting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fables View Post
Enchanting any Aeore skill for p.def reduction is a waste. Enchant them for chance or even m.def (oly).

Also don't enchant Lumi with power, do it by chance. I always laugh when other healers says they will do Lumi because they have it +10 power. As if the +5 dot damage is worth it.
I do it for power, but I dont care much about PvE Lumi debuff, and I just do it to prevent ppl from yelling at me and, in return, I be turn down on them.

Believe me or not, it's pointless to OE Lumi for chance, specially when that skill has a funny reuse of 2-3 seconds max, aka spammable. For Oly, tho, those OE for power could give a little hand in fights where you rely to win by dmg (ie. vs isses, tanks).
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.