Lineage II Forums  
Old 07-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit

iHyperlite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Superior Dagger Mastery vs Superior Dual Dagger Mastery

The skill descriptions are identical aside from the following on Superior Dagger Mastery:

"Skill Cooldown becomes initialized or skill duration increases 2 times according to STR"

WTF does this mean? from my testing with red libra, dual daggers hit roughly 10-12% harder, skills still reset cooldowns for instant reuse regardless of dual or single, debuffs land for double duration regardless of single/dual daggers.

i know single dagger has a 2.0 crit dmg modifier vs the 1.5 crit dmg modifier on dual daggers, but the duals hit harder in tests with max crit dmg boosts.

i feel like im missing something here...

the korean videos ive watched of oly its like 50/50 duals vs singles.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Superior Dagger Mastery vs Superior Dual Dagger Mastery

You can pay no attention to that, it has been verified it works on both single & dual.
The 1.5 vs 2.0 modifier has nothing to do with skills, just normal hits (dualdaggers hit twice instead of once, thus need lower crit damage).

Dualdaggers hit harder cause of the P. Atk boost you get from the 4+ weapon increase, the higher base P. Atk aswell as dualdagger receiving higher P. Atk when enchanted compared to shapers, just the same case with bows and crossbows.
Skills from othell make about 1/4 extra damage by the increase of your P. Atk, by this I mean if you boost your P. Atk (in stat window) by 10%, your skills will make 2.5% more damage.
Znipoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #3
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit

iHyperlite is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the benefit of a single dagger then?

Edit: I've heard talk that there's a higher chance of lethal strike with a single vs duals. I also know a 4gsme test showed single having a higher chance on something over duals in testing, ill have to find the test to remember what that was. May have been skill crit test, can't remember.

I'm also a little confused on why the crit modifier only works on white attacks as all dagger blows are physical attacks (same as white) such as p critical dmg increases blows.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #4
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road

Critical damage modifier on weapons must work in a different way, other than that you are correct yes, but the 1.5x vs 2x does not affect skill damage (stabs included) in any way

About shapers, only thing ive heard is that they have faster skill animation allowing you to hit faster, if true or not i cannot say, never bothered to check it. I do know however some people are able to hit me while in midair after using shadow chase, this may have something to do with using a shaper.
All other things though, afaik, is 100% the same.

So, if thats true the benefit would be faster skill hits with shaper, while stronger blows with dualdaggers
Again "same thing" for crossbows and bows, bows hit much harder.. crossbows hit faster (due to more atk speed, which in this stage of game is meaningless since you're capped).
Znipoo is online now   Reply With Quote