Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #401
Desmeridius
Elpy

Desmeridius is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fishing Item Exchange Rate Change

In support of previous suggestions:

Repair some of the damage you have done:

+1 to An NPC which will purchase the Fancy Rod for an average market value server wide. 3b is much too low imo as I purchased some for 6.5 +. 5+ is better. I like others, did not know this was a "bug" as you say, and was a strategy to make adena for pure consumption...not to rmt. I spent a lot of money in ncoin to get some of those rods.

Make the game fun again and not impossible:

Games can change lives for the better or worse. We realize NCSoft is a corporation that needs to be profitable, but you should really do some balancing between profit and fairness to your community. And that starts outside of the game by tweeking your corporate culture. The damage your bean counters are causing is becoming more apparent. Make the game fun, fair, and challenging again. Make the NCstore items more fair and balanced with improved rates and lower costs. I hope your CEO/CFO is listening to this community and can think long term investment of a robust and loyal following of their brand across multiple titles.

Regain Trust:

I get how easy it is to get defensive when the mob is throwing everything under the kitchen sink at you. Own it. Listen and communicate thoughtfully. Empathize with your patrons/donators/fellow gamers. Make it right. No, do better than that, make it fantastic. Take this as an opportunity to turn it all around and start in a new direction with your development team.

In conclusion, this whale is currently out of blubber. Please feed me fun, fairness, balance, and a change of corporate culture and I will supply you with a much smaller but perhaps more continuous supply from now on.

P.S. I purchased Farming Simulator 2017 this weekend for $34 and had a blast until 5am one night.
Desmeridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #402
Rogue
Tainted Zombie

Rogue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustin2004 View Post
Oh my...and you wonder why NC doesn`t feel the need to change their current NO VALUE path. `Let`s log for an hour to show our resolve`....

Wake up....either quit or STOP BUYING....do not buy 1 item from L2 store...DO NOT buy 1 event item.....put yourself at inner peace and give up the urge to ultimately get nothing from your $ for the next 6 months - everything stays equal.....you weren`t going to take over the server and be KING anyway......play the `FREE2PLAY` way (L2 advertises the game as such - so let`s buy in that way for now).....start wars away from tier 1 clans - play the game, challenge yourself and your clan.....the game becomes enjoyable with no investment if relatively equal playing fields are utilized.....

If no-one buys - products change ...it`s not brain surgery.....

Here is what you are missing - don't do sieges...don't do DIMs.....it doesn't matter....ppl don't buy = tax money 0....nobody for whales to kill except themselves....for everyone but the whales, the game virtually stays the same which is the point that you are missing....so Nova & MS have 100% of castles....kings of nobody playing the game alone....the only things that will change are bottom line $s to NC and (if done correctly) the majority of ppl's fun & enjoyment increases with equal wars etc....

Until value gets added to the game - NC gets to provide a free2play game as they advertise and the whales are beached.....
Erm, that is precisely the idea of my reply? Lol
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #403
PhoeniX
Dark Knight

PhoeniX is an unknown quantity at this point

Right now I'd say around 10% of the people I play with every day in game have quit and sold off all their gear. A few have written to support to have them permanently close their accounts. People are really disheartened over this change, and are looking to move on. More will follow in the weeks to come. I wish them all well.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:30 AM   #404
frey2
Elpy

frey2 is an unknown quantity at this point

All crying for novices and many for red agin libra I beg for no more red libra this year it's not a new problem solving
There is one simple event that can solve all your problems

Shadow Weapion event all new players will be able to develop if they are lucky, (I burned a few dozen before I hit +10) but with +6 you can already to allinstances 99.
Changing the difficulty of Gludio to the same level as kama 99 so after the event ppl will be able to put a shadow on the gears ---> all solvet problems

such a shadow weapion player will be able to think of collecting on r99 weapion99 or to meak +++ knowing that he will always have a weapon to exp

All problems new players solved TY cheap fast and easy
frey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:41 AM   #405
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuman View Post
... at the point that item prices become ridiculous and people will not buy at these rates....
that point was reached long ago
Old 09-13-2017, 03:35 AM   #406
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher683 View Post
It seems like a no win situation tbh. Any means of acquiring legitimate adena in game can be used by mass farmers to flood the market. I definitely don't envy the nc staff in trying to deal with this issue. Having said that, I don't think it was just fishing that brought unintended amounts of adena to the market. Any time you acquire an item with little to no adena expenditure that then sells to an npc for more adena you cause inflation on the server. A perfect example would be the carrot event last year (i think it was that event). Tons of people spending loads of ncoin and getting stacks of BEWR that no one wants to buy so they are sold to the npc's for 75kk. Multiply that times 50-100 scrolls per person x 1000+ players and there's a ton of adena that no one intended to be on the market. I'm not suggesting events like these shouldn't exist, or that the npc price of BEWR should drop. I do, however, feel like a "simple" fix to this problem would be to change what the npc's sell. Add an item, or items, that people will want to buy that only sells for adena from regular npc's. It could be something as minor as 10% drop/xp runes like the ertheia can craft or even something more substantial like giant's life stones or la vie en rose boxes. I realize that a lot of the potential item choices are currently available with ncoin and may hurt that market, but there are options.
The better option (due to things like abundance/richness talisman crafting) is to make all items with reference price > 0 be "Unusable Public Store" (a.k.a. cannot sell to NPC). This means shots, escape/resurrection/enchant scrolls, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuman View Post
Hi mate,

Just to be fair, it wasn't the NPC that charged that much, it was you that accepted that cost payable to buy the baits and then get a rod.
Wouldn't you prefer that instead of struggling to compete with other players to either sell for 2.9 or 2.89 B per pole that you get something from just ditching this messed up, useless item to vendors now?

And yea, I would like to know how much is generated from the game, as we already know how much was from fishing.
(makes me wish auto pickup would be an option once again...)
You auto-pickup everything (including adena) when you are a flying-transformed object.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:39 AM   #407
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

double post - ignore

Last edited by Devoid; 09-13-2017 at 03:39 AM. Reason: double post
Devoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #408
Jagtiger
Grave Predator

Jagtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

I never really fished nor I personally care or gets affected by this Fishing changes but with this "changes" NCwest is acting like that of those corrupt government tons of problems within the server low drop rates,bugs and other stuffs and yet they focused on silly stuffs like this?
Old 09-13-2017, 06:38 AM   #409
SleepingPower
Elpy

SleepingPower is an unknown quantity at this point

Nerfing fishing is just bad temporally cure for symptoms of real problem.
Why one need adena in first place?
Probably because he cant obtain item or crafting resource from mob drops and crafting is hard with small success rate.
So one need adena to buy that item or resource from someone who was exceptionally lucky to obtain it.
I understand that game economy must be driven by scarcity and lack of items and resources.
But no adena and no items in drops is overkill in long scale.
SleepingPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #410
Inishkea
Goblin Lord

Inishkea is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear NCSoft,

It is apparent that the drop rates in the game have been continually decreased in an effort to encourage more L2 Store purchases with real life money. It is only a small percentage of your player base who can actually afford to put real life money into this game so they are the ones who continually benefit with better items, more +++ gear and ultimately more adena in their pockets.

The problem is with the drop rates being decreased and with NCSoft's apparent desire to line its own pockets with real life money. The game is far too out of balance now and cannot be completely repaired.

I raise up characters from lvl 1 to lvl 85 for CRP and Mentee Coin. Playing the game normally without sending any adena to a lvl 1 character to help them out, this is what i find:

1. all gear is provided through the daily missions and paulina's gear packs
2. health potions are provided at very low level
3. soushots / spiritshots are provided throughout the growth of the character with a reward of S grade shots on third class change.

essentially a new character has no need for anything as everything is provided. a result of that is that drop rates have been decreased so dramatically through the lower levels that when a character awakens it can have anywhere from 1,000,000 to 3,000,000 adena in its possession.

if these characters of mine were going to continue on past lvl 85 they would be starting their awakened life with essentially no money. true they get the 30-day paulina's gear for free, and they can obtain the event immortal gear with the diplomas but still they have no adena. they don't encounter any real opportunity to start building a bank for future gear purchases because drop rates have been decreased so dramatically, both items and adena. new players are scrambling to save up adena for future R95, R99 items and it becomes impossible so they give up and quit.

at the same time they look around at the people in the +10 armours, +++ weapons, talismans, jewels, jewelry, cloaks and all the other high advantages of the game and they wonder, how do i get that kind of gear too? unfortunately the answer is, spend your hard-earned real life money.

so yes, people found the powerful fish / elcyum powder exchange and used it as much as possible, now it is taken away. it was the best opportunity people had to raise up adena, and even still it wasn't great amounts but it was *some*.

so, NCSoft, are you going to increase drop rates again across the realm? are you going to give people something they can get their hands on to help them improve their characters as they grow? as i see it, the imbalances in the game are between the "haves" and the "have-nots," the ones who can spend copious amounts of cash on the game and those who can't. the imbalances in the game are from the L2 store commodities and what can be found in-game.

possible solutions? give us ways in-game to obtain some of the L2 store purchases, perhaps through tricky and involved quests or even as occasional drops from raids and instances. bring some balance back to the game by leveling the playing field between those with big bank accounts and those on disability with limited funds. start giving the possibility of advantage to your player base who loves L2 for what it is but can't afford your high-dollar, low success rate for enchant items.

so please, increase drop rates for the lower levels especially. please find a way to make premium items available in the game for people who don't mind a grind or don't mind working a quest for a good reward. please bring some balance back to the game by giving people who don't have big bank accounts an opportunity to work a little harder to earn and achieve better items in the game. you'll be surprised how many people would be willing to do it.

thank you.
Inishkea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #411
Gustin2004
Goblin Lord

Gustin2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inishkea View Post
Dear NCSoft,

It is apparent that the drop rates in the game have been continually decreased in an effort to encourage more L2 Store purchases with real life money. It is only a small percentage of your player base who can actually afford to put real life money into this game so they are the ones who continually benefit with better items, more +++ gear and ultimately more adena in their pockets.

The problem is with the drop rates being decreased and with NCSoft's apparent desire to line its own pockets with real life money. The game is far too out of balance now and cannot be completely repaired.

I raise up characters from lvl 1 to lvl 85 for CRP and Mentee Coin. Playing the game normally without sending any adena to a lvl 1 character to help them out, this is what i find:

1. all gear is provided through the daily missions and paulina's gear packs
2. health potions are provided at very low level
3. soushots / spiritshots are provided throughout the growth of the character with a reward of S grade shots on third class change.

essentially a new character has no need for anything as everything is provided. a result of that is that drop rates have been decreased so dramatically through the lower levels that when a character awakens it can have anywhere from 1,000,000 to 3,000,000 adena in its possession.

if these characters of mine were going to continue on past lvl 85 they would be starting their awakened life with essentially no money. true they get the 30-day paulina's gear for free, and they can obtain the event immortal gear with the diplomas but still they have no adena. they don't encounter any real opportunity to start building a bank for future gear purchases because drop rates have been decreased so dramatically, both items and adena. new players are scrambling to save up adena for future R95, R99 items and it becomes impossible so they give up and quit.

at the same time they look around at the people in the +10 armours, +++ weapons, talismans, jewels, jewelry, cloaks and all the other high advantages of the game and they wonder, how do i get that kind of gear too? unfortunately the answer is, spend your hard-earned real life money.

so yes, people found the powerful fish / elcyum powder exchange and used it as much as possible, now it is taken away. it was the best opportunity people had to raise up adena, and even still it wasn't great amounts but it was *some*.

so, NCSoft, are you going to increase drop rates again across the realm? are you going to give people something they can get their hands on to help them improve their characters as they grow? as i see it, the imbalances in the game are between the "haves" and the "have-nots," the ones who can spend copious amounts of cash on the game and those who can't. the imbalances in the game are from the L2 store commodities and what can be found in-game.

possible solutions? give us ways in-game to obtain some of the L2 store purchases, perhaps through tricky and involved quests or even as occasional drops from raids and instances. bring some balance back to the game by leveling the playing field between those with big bank accounts and those on disability with limited funds. start giving the possibility of advantage to your player base who loves L2 for what it is but can't afford your high-dollar, low success rate for enchant items.

so please, increase drop rates for the lower levels especially. please find a way to make premium items available in the game for people who don't mind a grind or don't mind working a quest for a good reward. please bring some balance back to the game by giving people who don't have big bank accounts an opportunity to work a little harder to earn and achieve better items in the game. you'll be surprised how many people would be willing to do it.

thank you.

With all due respect - you expect something for absolutely NOTHING except the gracing of your presence in the game. You provide nothing tbh.

There is nothing wrong with the concept of 'paying for entertainment value'. Unless you sneak into the side door, you pay for a movie in the theatre etc.

The problem is: With the piggishness of NC, they pushed and pushed with more costly items that had a lower success rate. Not only did this tick off the whales, it eventually widened the gap between top tier - mid-tier - freeloaders. There is no viable way to catch up and NC decisions continue to widen the gap by implementing more piggish so-called fixes & bs updates.

The problem exists that unless the success rates improve for all + items become more reasonable + gap closes....there will never be any cure and ppl will learn to play in dion for fun...or quit.......
Gustin2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #412
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Sorry to burst your bubble but by now you must have noticed that adding adena or item drops to the game only benefits bots and not anyone actually playing the game. So it simply is not going to happen.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #413
mixaskostasmixas
Elpy

mixaskostasmixas is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant understand why this ratio 12:3 and not 6:3 why should you pay that much adena for some terrible exp ?
mixaskostasmixas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #414
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaskostasmixas View Post
i cant understand why this ratio 12:3 and not 6:3 why should you pay that much adena for some terrible exp ?
You could always sell Powerful Fish to NPC for 500k, why didn't you and instead always exchanged 4 fishes (2m) to 3 elcyum powder (6m)?
Now you need 6m worth of powerful fish to get 6m worth of elcyum powder. It does sound fair, doesn't it?

That's why I called it the moment I saw the announcement of upcoming fishing changes during that day's maintenance.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:14 PM   #415
BadCrab
Elpy

BadCrab is an unknown quantity at this point

It has been noted a few times in this thread but bears repeating:

The easiest to implement, easiest to pitch to the community, and (important to NCSoft) the solution that will drive the most sales is to make fishing action exclusive to Prestige Accounts. This is how Innova does it, this is how NCSoft West should do it. You shouldn't even need to develop your own patch, just modify and implement the patch that Europe runs for fishing. Case solved.

Explore creating additional adena collection methods downstream but this current fishing implementation must go ASAP. Revert elysium powder rates, implement Prestige Only Fishing, and enjoy a massive uptick of Prestige Account upgrades. As NCSoft has said, this system has been in place for a long time and there will be a severe cutback in adena entering the market if you limit the population of fishing accounts to subscribers.
BadCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #416
BadCrab
Elpy

BadCrab is an unknown quantity at this point

And shouldn't just ONE TIME the subscribers and people who invest real USD in the game get a bump?
BadCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:31 AM   #417
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road

OMG The Angry Fishermen Protest goes on and on!

Dear Lord NC!
Just add an option to Dimensional NPC with 1 x Fancy rod = 8,000 Ncoins.
Problem solved! Seriously, You can't sell the Fancy rod costing real money to the Ncoiners then nerf the fishing exchange rate. What do you think this will do for those people spending money at Nstore???

Please NC? Be the fisherman's friend? (not talking about the cough candy)
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #418
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point

22 pages of bad feedback on that subject....And still not a constructive response from NcWest staff(No Neutron, That one with postpone till in some future Dev team will visit you and talk about it its not constructive).
Old 09-14-2017, 04:55 AM   #419
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCrab View Post
It has been noted a few times in this thread but bears repeating:

The easiest to implement, easiest to pitch to the community, and (important to NCSoft) the solution that will drive the most sales is to make fishing action exclusive to Prestige Accounts. This is how Innova does it, this is how NCSoft West should do it. You shouldn't even need to develop your own patch, just modify and implement the patch that Europe runs for fishing. Case solved.
Or you could sell the Fishing License as a separate Rune, like they did in Korea with the Fantasy Island Fishing Dock some time ago. The Fishing System has been changed countless times since then and the Rune has vanished from the Fishing page in the Powerwiki, but I am sure that the developers still have the code in some backup file at the headquarter in Seoul
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:01 AM   #420
Skylarking
Thunder Wyrm

Skylarking is an unknown quantity at this point

Last time ppl. protested straight after NC's blockade of CIS countries, yet w-o any viable result. The point is that all the blocked ppl. had been set lose again w/o any actual protest the few days after, and those who tried to intimidate NC, despite their promises, started (or hadn't been stopping) buying subscriptions. So better think twice about it.. Isn't it better to overcome this issue, and, by that, get back into the fray faster.

Wars are exping while you sleep
Skylarking is offline   Reply With Quote