Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #41
maylo
Grave Predator

maylo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having GameGuard Related issues? ~READ~

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone been able to add gameguard to karspersky trusted zone for good? (karsp[ersky always pop ups a warning regarding gameguard.des, if even if i can allow it, i don't see an option to always allow or something like that)

and the other problem i have. even if im not sure is something gameguard related, is when i get ot the sign in screen, my keyboard stops responding for a few seconds (not even alt+tab works) after those few seconds everything works normal. has anyone reported this?

[/ QUOTE ]
do you have USB keyboard?

GG has crapy USB driver (npkcusb.sys if anybody interested).

i have the same problem, but only on computer with usb keyboard. well, because it happens only when starting game, i've put this problem to IDC categery.
maylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #42
Thalios
Elpy

Thalios is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, its an USB keyboard (everglide transportable edition (small and with background lights on it)

the IDC category means live with it right? i guess thats what ill need to do :S
Old 11-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #43
licrydis
Hungry Spirit

licrydis is on a distinguished road

possibly, where could be a problem updating GG, when the PC is connected to internet via router with firewall. turning the firewall off doesn't help, neither the steps in first post.
any ideas?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #44
maylo
Grave Predator

maylo is an unknown quantity at this point

dns problem, spyware, mallware. also you need to run the game as administrator to be able to activate gameguard.
maylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #45
FaraoN
Elpy

FaraoN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,after last maintenance began the problem for me, first appear in my Avira antivirus that a trojan was in L2 exe. So I eliminated it but the L2 exe too.After this problem I install Panda antivirus this block the troyan,now the problem consist in errorcode=610 or 114 too and appear microsoft menssage GameMon.des had detect a problem and must closed. I made many test and options to try back L2 but nothin had been posible.I have install Global mu Online and have something wrong too although 3 month ago I didn't took it.When Interlude was live I had a similar problem.I hope on tuesday this inssue be reparate.

Note:I reset one of my Computer two time and nothing
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #46
ViperGr
Elpy

ViperGr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have a problem with opening the game, for which GG is responsible (I think). When I open the game, the PC closes immediately after the splash screen. When I tried to load the game without GameGuard.des, the window opened and stated an error with GG (obviously it's because I removed the file). I need help, I can't play at all at home.....
ViperGr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #47
Konstantin1234
Elpy

Konstantin1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I'm running Vista 32-bit and have been fighting with L2 for a few months now. I finally gave up and went to Warhammer Online from Mythic. Well, just a few days ago I decided to give Lineage another shot. The reason I quit playing in the first place was a GG error, and the number was always covered by the "confirm" button. Well, I contacted NCSoft's Tech support and after a day and a half of emailing back and forth we successfully diagnosed and fixed the game!!! I'm back y'all! And, if any of these solutions that were before mentioned in this thread don't work, send me a PM and I'll help you with what NC told me to do. Happy hunting!
Konstantin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #48
ManicMonday
Guardian Archangel

ManicMonday is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin1234 View Post
Hey I'm running Vista 32-bit and have been fighting with L2 for a few months now. I finally gave up and went to Warhammer Online from Mythic. Well, just a few days ago I decided to give Lineage another shot. The reason I quit playing in the first place was a GG error, and the number was always covered by the "confirm" button. Well, I contacted NCSoft's Tech support and after a day and a half of emailing back and forth we successfully diagnosed and fixed the game!!! I'm back y'all! And, if any of these solutions that were before mentioned in this thread don't work, send me a PM and I'll help you with what NC told me to do. Happy hunting!
Congratulations and Welcome (back) to L2
Old 05-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #49
Agamir
Goblin Lord

Agamir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I have a question about Panda Internet Security / Kaspersky Internet Security, no matter what i do with those antivirus its impossible to launch L2 or play without having a gameguard error.
Back on Gracia Part Gamemon.des was crashing, so it does a gameguard initialization error => close the game.
On Gracia Final the game launch but i have a gameguard update error, but i have already try everything : disable firewall/antivirus make en exception for L2 folder etc.. nothing does.

So if someone have a solution for my problem, its welcome ^^

(I already uninstall Panda IS to be able to play without any problem, but I would like to have L2 and Antivir/Firewall together )
Agamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:28 AM   #50
Bani
Elpy

Bani is an unknown quantity at this point

I hav played a private server and now when i try to log on retail it doesn't work, i tryed many things, unistaled and re-instaled the game many times, downloaded the game again, deleted every single thing about lineage in my PC and instaled again, tryed to change the host(which somehow i ma not able to, it doesn't change) and nothin works, i cannot log to the oficial lineage to make the update(come always the login of the private server), i tryed to make it PTS, deleted game guard also a 100 times.... the funy thing is if i copy and put in another pc it works...just in my PC it doesn't. I tryed to log by l2.exe insind system and comes the GAMEGUARD ERROR = 153(i restarted the PC many times always after i deleted something).

PLS help
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem solved

Last edited by Bani; 07-05-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Bani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #51
SeekerOfTheLight
Tainted Zombie

SeekerOfTheLight is an unknown quantity at this point

Please someone help me, I've installed Lineage 5 times now and have run the update. For some reason the update does not install the GameGuard folder, only the Gameguard.des file. Is this unheard of? Everytime I try to start the game from the update screen it just closes out and nothing load. Someone please help I've tried many things, such as disabling and uninstalling any firewall programs or other such programs. It doesn't make sense why there would be not gameguard folder, plus I had Lineage 2 working on this computer about 8 months ago. Any help would be appreciated.
SeekerOfTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:23 AM   #52
sehdryik
Elpy

sehdryik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
has anyone been able to add gameguard to karspersky trusted zone for good? (karsp[ersky always pop ups a warning regarding gameguard.des, if even if i can allow it, i don't see an option to always allow or something like that)
You can' t add guameguard in kaspersky internet security 2010 trusted zone. I've been online one hour with online help, and they don' t find a solution. I send the folders of gameguard to kaspersky lab and i wait for an answer.
sehdryik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #53
Ceasar
Hungry Spirit

Ceasar is on a distinguished road

everytime i try to log in, internet explorer brings up a game guard FAQ screen for error code 340,350,361, 381 and then of course when the l2 login screen pops up there is a game gaurd message over it.

i have tried everything listed in this thread pertaining to fixing game guard errors and nothing has worked.

i use my apartment complex internet so have no control over my internet router and such, but my friend who lives one building over is running l2 just fine. the message appear to be related to fire walls and internet connection problems, yet i was on l2 just an hour ago. i shut down my comp to go for a run and come back, and can't get on. any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:18 AM   #54
fasamat
Elpy

fasamat is an unknown quantity at this point

**** this thing bout that gameguard really sucks . what can help ?
fasamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #55
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

it'd be thread necromancy, if it weren't stickied...

recently i've been playing exteel, as it's a free game to download and play...
so, today i wanted to have exteel with lineage 2 in the background, but it wouldn't let me run both...
would these removal of gameguard folders help with this problem?
or is there something else i need to do?

really annoying not being able to fool around in exteel while i have lineage 2 up... just imagine if i wanted to play city of heroes...

in the past i deleted system folder to fix previous gameguard problems, and they were all resolved... but this is different, as it claims i can't run two versions of gameguard... but yet the games won't run off eachothers gameguard.

i've tried lineage2, then exteel, and exteel then lineage 2, only difference, is lineage gets to login screen before erroring out while exteel just stops before it even loads.
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #56
Judas
Baylor

Judas has a spectacular aura about themJudas has a spectacular aura about them

typically running SOME other games while L2 is running or attempting to run L2 while another game is running will have 3 possible symptoms

1: Lineage2 quits due to Gameguard issue
2: other game is unable to run or quits out due to l2 gameguard killing it
3: neither game works properly at all or causes a crash of sorts

If typical solutions don't work.... then theres no way around it until a gameguard update is available.

Right now i still can't use Windows Live Messenger while LineageII is running....

And initially i couldn't fire up Aion while l2 was running or vice versa.... L2 would awesome dominate aion and kill it.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #57
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

so...
no special fix to running multiple game guard protected games...
i guess i'll just have to go back to diablo 2 while i'm waiting in L2...

i really was hoping to use Exteel as a moodsetter for grinding and pvp in L2, it's very fun, but i'm not going to close l2 just to play exteel...
talk about a hassle.
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #58
populus
Antharas

populus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about them

Laptop ran L2 fine for the past 3 years, even after this update it worked fine

then suddenly yesterday gameguard would not load... it would take like 10min loading (splash screen) then give me an error saying it could not start... starting L2 is faster after the first time but it would continue to give me the cannot load error until finally it says gameguard is already running and I need to reboot, this continues until I reboot and I'm back to the 10min load and cannot load error again.

I've tried about 10 times now with the same results

The only change I did to the laptop was install Java EE SDK... which shouldn't do anything but I guess that's the next thing I'll try and uninstall it...
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 AM   #59
Cheezburger
Dark Lord

Cheezburger is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my bf has gameguard issue yesterday. We both playing on same internet connection. On 1.27 am (gmt+1) we got disconnect from L2. When we tried to log in again we got Gameguard problem that he can't update. My internet connection works very good, only something with gg. After few hours problem dissapeared.
Is that problem with gameguard server or what? O.o

And one more thing, sometimes we getting huge lags in the same time and disconnects (1-2 am) - can it be something from gameguard updates in this hours?
Cheezburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #60
washtak
Beleth's Slave

washtak has a spectacular aura about themwashtak has a spectacular aura about themwashtak has a spectacular aura about them

Hello,
I'm back today and I went hunting with my Destro and my BH. I noticed the old little lags when you click on a mob and it's targetted half a second later, the old SS not triggering (I know, Destro with newbie haste, rage and a 2H sword are really fast but...). It's very shocking coming from Aion which servers are located at the same place.

Then with my BH I got disconnected while running in mobs. Well, my client was disconnected, but not my character as I received the message at login telling me that my account was connected and they just disconnected it. Of course when back ingame, my BH was dead. What a happy "-4% but that's not your fault" welcome!
This is typically a gameguard problem. So my question is : how do I desactivate GameGuard to avoid such connectivity issues?
Given the lack of use of GG, I don't see why we still have it. At least on Aion they removed it.
washtak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gameguard