Lineage II Forums  
Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
MysticLance
Remnant Diabolist

MysticLance will become famous soon enough
Default ~~REASONS TO TRANSFER TO GUSTIN~~

TO THOSE LOOKING FOR REASONS TO TRANSFER TO GUSTIN: In this thread will be detailed reports on the server to help you decide =) All the reports will be compiled into one post two posts below this one, so look there =)

In order to attract players to Gustin, I would like people who are staying on Gustin (AND ONLY PEOPLE *STAYING* ON GUSTIN) to post their opinions of the server and the server's dynamics, along with other observations that can help players looking to transfer somewhere decide on Gustin.

I'll start in my next post! (Sticky please Alyra! We love you! <3)

EDIT: Please no trash talk here. Trash talk in the other 5 million trash talk threads. =P

EDIT 2: Well, I suppose trash talk is inevitable, so I will be taking all the reasons and compiling them into one post, two posts below this one. It would be one post below, but a certain forum member posted something about his characters staying on Gustin. -.-

EDIT 3: Thank you Choc for removing your post that was in between my posts <3

TheGenesis - CarpeDiem
3m0 - SlashWrist
Old 02-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
MysticLance
Remnant Diabolist

Default Re: ~~REASONS TO TRANSFER TO GUSTIN~~

SERVER: Gustin
POPULATION: Light-Moderate (Moderate-Heavy during Sieges)

NUMBER of Major Alliances: 4
-CarpeDiem alliance (0 castles, 13 heroes)
-Ascension alliance (2 castles, 3 heroes)
-GuardiansGate alliance (2 castles, 1 hero)
-NM alliance (owns 4 castles, 16 heroes)

ALLIANCES not affiliated with the above:
-HelmsElite alliance (mostly PvE, some PvP)
-WeAreFamily alliance (owns Innadril castle)
-DarknessEvolved alliance (not quite sure, but they're around!)
-RandomRebels alliance (seem to be PvE oriented)
-ColdFusion alliance

SERVER DYNAMICS: Gustin generally revolves around a 2-sided major war with lots of other clans doing their own thing. Even when it becomes 1-sided or 3-sided, it quickly becomes 2-sided again, so expect to pick a side if you're a PvPer. Judging by the pure numbers, the Nightmare/GuardiansGate/ClearlyClueless block is currently doing the best, with 8 castles and 20 heroes (as of June 3, 2008); however, this is a dynamic fight, and both sides have been shown to have their moments.

REASONS TO COME TO THE SERVER: Gustin has many interesting people, and has a diverse population, with a decent North American population, a decent European population, a decent Russian population, and even some playing from Australia and Japan. Also, I'm here! And if you don't know who I am, you really should come just to experience The Unicorn Song. <3

SERVER DOWNSIDES: Have fun with the trash talking if you decide to PvP! While I hear that it's harsh on other servers, I've also heard that Gustin's is the harshest. Ow.

Jacent says:

[ QUOTE ]
1. We have Telikose. Don't know her yet? You will. PM Olympiad wins/loses to her and ask her for Wind Walk. She loves that.

2. Our blue chat > Your blue chat. Seriously...we have some bat [censored] loco Heroes. Yeah, their [censored] squirrel bait. The smack talk isn't high quality but there is lots of it and it gets weird.

3. There's a Unicorn Song. We have it.

4. Saerka.

5. MysticLance vs. ChosenGuardian02 Oly matches.

6. _____ is leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spirelota says:

[ QUOTE ]
a)I believe some romanians exist too. I recently heard about 7 people joining and I believe chubby something clan is mostly PVE and romanians.
b)ML in hero shout!
c)n3lly + cd/nm heros in hero shout !
d)Me !
e)Farmers taking a New Year's break !

[/ QUOTE ]

Kazzy, a vigilant Gustin forumer and an objective observer, says:

[ QUOTE ]
Reasons to mvoe to Gustin:

1) With what was left of syenrgy leaving, it opens a spot for a competitive alliance to try to take power.

2) Nm/CD have high level players, buffers, and nice gear, so they will provide nice competition.

3) You will be able to test your skills vs new players, and bring new tactics to us from other servers.

4) While we are smaller than before, this means, when you need to xp (say to enchant a skill, or to get Sp for that new skill!) You can always find a nice secluded spot for like 1 hour or so!

5) it doesn't mean u wont get ganked, but it will usually be a 1 v 2, or 2 v 3, so it will at least be interesting.

6) We have the most active community, and we take things personal. Yes it is jsut a game, but you spend as much time on this game as in your job on real life. So making it personal is fun (up to a certain level ofc!)

7) You will get a fair fighting chance at fighting for big raid bosses, like Baium.

8) If you come ally with varka and kill ketra, you should get ur recipes better that way. We have our share of bots, as every other server, but our bots pvp!

9) You will get a chance at hero, if you dont have to face ML pony

10) If you are an ES or a WC you only have 1 other competitor!!!

11) Do bring your clan all ally if possible. And don't chose the winning side always. (meaning Cd/Nm atm), Give them a run for their money if they wish to stay in power.

[/ QUOTE ]

LordDragon says:

[ QUOTE ]
All of those reasons are cute but the best reason to join gustin is that the best Hell Knights LordDragon and Raptorcore are here!! looking forward to seeing you at the olympiads

[/ QUOTE ]

Raptorcore says:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm hearing alot of crap about how Gustin is going to be or has been dead but i have never seen anyone point out this..

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?im...fficialtf7.png

Take a look at the number of posts and threads made in each server. 48.9k posts on gustin compared to the "most popular server" bartz's 2.2k. Yes I believe that bartz and other servers have more people than Gustin but DO THEY HAVE THE PASSION?? I THINK NOT!! You might even say that Gustin having about 25 times the amount of posts that bartz has might have something to offer aside from a high ping and more lag at sieges. Gustinions care about their wars and care so much that we constantly make stupid posts saying "my clan is so great" "you are a noob" "Cry More" "Cry me a river" "So Angry!" "i'm choco I have no life and so much time that i choose to make random posts every frickin day to make myself feel cleaver when really im just annoying the whole server"... you know stuff like that. I dunno about you guys but i think it adds an edge to this server. We do more than just pwning random noobs that we have never met because the server is so crowded. We know the people we are killing kind of like a small town full of serial killers vs. a city full of serial killers. That offers us the satisfaction of knowing that "I just killed a real [Censored]"
Or "I'm Going for this guy first, i don't care if he's got 5 healers keeping him alive HE'S GOING DOWN FIRST!" Mabe it's just because i'm in NM and am getting more pvp than I have time for (due to school) compared the zerg of non factors out there. Mabe it's because I value the simplicity and comfort of small communities where every1 knows eachother. just a thought

[/ QUOTE ]

Telikose says:

[ QUOTE ]
Reasons to Transfer to Gustin: (these are on the less serious side- because people have made some really good points- Go Gustonians <3)

-Really eclectic hero shouts for the most part, I went to other servers on a little tour and *yawn*
-Pony Song..ya sorry...it's a Gustin tradition.
-It's had a history of creating some really memorable players.. and that will just continue. We have quite the knack for finding the crazy ones.
-You to can put ML on permanent KoS like I have after this thread and tonights hero shout antics :P
-Our "female" (quotes are important here) population is rapidly growing after the gender change option.
-Random Clan Vent Karaoke
-We might not have 200 person sieges but we do ninja sieging pretty well lol (LD...we can see you hiding behind that stem)

[/ QUOTE ]

jinkei, a Lady of Lineage, says:

[ QUOTE ]
Reasons to come to Gustin:

-I also agree the people of gustin are very passonate about the game. And everyone here is pretti great the forums are entertaining the drama intenses. The game play has its ups and downs but overall seiges etc. are realli fun.(Especially when i solo a castle on my bd. and take it no didnt keep it, but was best seige for me ever.)

-We were the frist server to kill antharas(had to throw that in there.)

-We have alot of nobles, but lil enough that if you compete you have a decent chance at winning.

-Again we have Telikose what is a server without her. And no one can forget ML storytime.

-We have alot of guys who have become girls... so for all the male players game play has become that much more visiually appealing.

i could go on gustin is realli awesome. Alot of good people, and alot of opportunity opened for people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maribel, another Lady of Lineage, says:

[ QUOTE ]
Even with 5 months of Lineage 2, all of then on Gustin, I would never think of transfering to another server. Why?
1. The economy is quite good. Fair prices most of the time.
2. Good Heroes (The trash talk on hero chat is a tradition, but if you need to buy/trade/sell something, they shout.)
3. The Pony song (I'm new but I know the Pony Song... well it is another tradition)
4. If you are new, a lot of players are leveling on the starter towns, doing newbie raids. Making the leveling proccess more enjoyable.
5. We have Teli. The kindest person I've ever known.
6. To the guys outhere, we have a lot of ladies playing here. (I'm not talking about the characters...).
7. There is always a large alliance doing an epic boss, or helping other players to kill subclass/nobless bosses.

[/ QUOTE ]

FETTOO says:

[ QUOTE ]
a positive thing about gustin is the people i guess, ive met many idiots but many nice people aswell, a nice mix between americans and europeans...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ackerman, Silver Ranger of doom, says:

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion :
1)We have a lot of players that no matter clan/ally they are finally nice guys and you can have fun with them even if they are wartags !!
2)2big sides atm fighting each other : NM+CD alliances VS Ascension+GG alliance.Ascension ally is loosing Eternal clan(ex-Synergy alliance) so maybe things will change in the future.How,is the big question
3)You will find places to xp.I created a char at Teon and Franz and i was able to move at WoA with a lvl4 chars without being attacked by mobs....Bots everywhere and there were no mobs :P
4) FireDragons lock catacombs/necropolies periodically to xp their bots easy,and then we need brezzes to burn our karma :P
5)There are "fair" chances till now at RaidBosses.
6)People may complain cause there is no pvp and you maybe need time to find a wartag,but i don't like fully pvp or pve server.I think that Gustin even with lower population is balanced.

7)And MOST Important !!!! I am from Greece (gmt+2).Saturday's siege is at 4AM(gmt+2) and Sunday's siege at 12AM(gmt+2).So on saturday and Sunday you can go out at night and have fun with your girlfriend or friend and when you come back home(if you come) you can log and play the siege without being in a Saturday night

8)We have the best and most amazing Ingame-Forum Drama of all servers

9) <3 Gustin

PS:imo...people who leave now for Teon,Franz etc in 6months they will be back again.When you go to a 90% bot server(see:Teon/Franz) you fed up with bots and get angry :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Venaja, the super Plainswalker, says:

[ QUOTE ]
Hey! I dont know much about bartz, but atleast here you have space to grow and no hybris complex like bartz has. You might be dissappointed if it doenst deliver all that you wished for.
Gusitn has nice people and active forums.
I'm a lowbie so i cant answer what the end game content is like here.
Allthough, if you do decide to come here, that sig will have to go. There can only be one grass-cow per server, spire is ours

[/ QUOTE ]

Choc, the almighty forum God, says:

[ QUOTE ]
Choc and Kamchoc are staying on Gustin.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheGenesis - CarpeDiem
3m0 - SlashWrist
Old 02-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
Jacent
Imperial Warlord

Jacent will become famous soon enough

1. We have Telikose. Don't know her yet? You will. PM Olympiad wins/loses to her and ask her for Wind Walk. She loves that.

2. Our blue chat > Your blue chat. Seriously...we have some bat [censored] loco Heroes. Yeah, their [censored] squirrel bait. The smack talk isn't high quality but there is lots of it and it gets weird.

3. There's a Unicorn Song. We have it.

4. Saerka.

5. MysticLance vs. ChosenGuardian02 Oly matches.

6. Synergy is leaving.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Recro
Banned

Recro is an unknown quantity at this point

6. Synergy is leaving.

That means youŽll be stuck fighting lowbie enemies, SO MUCH FUN LOL.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
Jacent
Imperial Warlord

Jacent will become famous soon enough

[deleted]
Old 02-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
MysticLance
Remnant Diabolist

Jacent. Recro. I demand that you two delete those useless posts please. <3

TheGenesis - CarpeDiem
3m0 - SlashWrist
Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
Choco
Baylor

Choco is on a distinguished road

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6. Synergy is leaving.

That means youŽll be stuck fighting lowbie enemies, SO MUCH FUN LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, if I only had a toon above level 58 then your quip might have actually been applicable. Way to fail chief. /thumbsup

*ADDED*
Okay, props to ML. That has to be a freaking land speed record for getting a thread stickied.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had help from the management.

--The Management
Free Ebil and Maya!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
SpIReLoTa
Remnant Diabolist

SpIReLoTa is an unknown quantity at this point

a)I believe some romanians exist too. I recently heard about 7 people joining and I believe chubby something clan is mostly PVE and romanians.
b)ML in hero shout!
c)n3lly + cd/nm heros in hero shout !
d)Me !
e)Farmers taking a New Year's break !

That should be enough.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
Kazzy
Guardian Archangel

Kazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Here I go:

Reasons to mvoe to Gustin:

1) With what was left of syenrgy leaving, it opens a spot for a competitive alliance to try to take power.

2) Nm/CD have high level players, buffers, and nice gear, so they will provide nice competition.

3) You will be able to test your skills vs new players, and bring new tactics to us from other servers.

4) While we are smaller than before, this means, when you need to xp (say to enchant a skill, or to get Sp for that new skill!) You can always find a nice secluded spot for like 1 hour or so!

5) it doesn't mean u wont get ganked, but it will usually be a 1 v 2, or 2 v 3, so it will at least be interesting.

6) We have the most active community, and we take things personal. Yes it is jsut a game, but you spend as much time on this game as in your job on real life. So making it personal is fun (up to a certain level ofc!)

7) You will get a fair fighting chance at fighting for big raid bosses, like Baium.

8) If you come ally with varka and kill ketra, you should get ur recipes better that way. We have our share of bots, as every other server, but our bots pvp!

9) You will get a chance at hero, if you dont have to face ML pony

10) If you are an ES or a WC you only have 1 other competitor!!!

11) Do bring your clan all ally if possible. And don't chose the winning side always. (meaning Cd/Nm atm), Give them a run for their money if they wish to stay in power.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #10
PrecisionX
Dark Lord

PrecisionX is an unknown quantity at this point

come to gustin. yay.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
Choco
Baylor

Choco is on a distinguished road

You will find LOTS of cheap gear from folks not staying, but unable to carry stuff across to new servers.

This includes oe'd stuff.

Cheap.
Free Ebil and Maya!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
XxWaroxX
Remnant Diabolist

XxWaroxX will become famous soon enough

Come to gustin cuz im here yo ;x
Old 02-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
Dafool
Purgatory Shadow

Dafool is on a distinguished road

All of those reasons are cute but the best reason to join gustin is that the best Hell Knights LordDragon and Raptorcore are here!! looking forward to seeing you at the olympiads
Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #14
Teli
Guardian Archangel

Teli is on a distinguished road

Reasons to Transfer to Gustin: (these are on the less serious side- because people have made some really good points- Go Gustonians <3)

-Really eclectic hero shouts for the most part, I went to other servers on a little tour and *yawn*
-Pony Song..ya sorry...it's a Gustin tradition.
-It's had a history of creating some really memorable players.. and that will just continue. We have quite the knack for finding the crazy ones.
-You to can put ML on permanent KoS like I have after this thread and tonights hero shout antics :P
-Our "female" (quotes are important here) population is rapidly growing after the gender change option.
-Random Clan Vent Karaoke
-We might not have 200 person sieges but we do ninja sieging pretty well lol (LD...we can see you hiding behind that stem)
Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #15
mizuko
Imperial Warlord

mizuko is an unknown quantity at this point

I think if a clan is looking to move as a whole to a server gustin is a good choice. No offense cc and gg(you all put up a good effort, but i cant hate you like i hated syn) but with syn leaving another enemey clan/ally would spice things up a bit.

Reasons to come to Gustin:

-I also agree the people of gustin are very passonate about the game. And everyone here is pretti great the forums are entertaining the drama intenses. The game play has its ups and downs but overall seiges etc. are realli fun.(Especially when i solo a castle on my bd. and take it no didnt keep it, but was best seige for me ever.)

-We were the frist server to kill antharas(had to throw that in there.)

-We have alot of nobles, but lil enough that if you compete you have a decent chance at winning.

-Again we have Telikose what is a server without her. And no one can forget ML storytime.

-We have alot of guys who have become girls... so for all the male players game play has become that much more visiually appealing.

i could go on gustin is realli awesome. Alot of good people, and alot of opportunity opened for people.

mizuken
mizuko
LilMiz
koneko
whippedcream
these are prolly what i play the most
Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #16
Saaga
Purgatory Shadow

Saaga is an unknown quantity at this point

One and only reason to transfer to gustin: All other servers are no longer available.

Brown out.
Proud Gallego and Team ****** strategist.
Spokesman for the Chamber of Brown brotherhood
Unhealthy obssessions: The Office, The iPhone and Eddie Izzard
Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #17
Maribel
Goblin Lord

Maribel is an unknown quantity at this point

Even with 5 months of Lineage 2, all of then on Gustin, I would never think of transfering to another server. Why?
1. The economy is quite good. Fair prices most of the time.
2. Good Heroes (The trash talk on hero chat is a tradition, but if you need to buy/trade/sell something, they shout.)
3. The Pony song (I'm new but I know the Pony Song... well it is another tradition)
4. If you are new, a lot of players are leveling on the starter towns, doing newbie raids. Making the leveling proccess more enjoyable.
5. We have Teli. The kindest person I've ever known.
6. To the guys outhere, we have a lot of ladies playing here. (I'm not talking about the characters...).
7. There is always a large alliance doing an epic boss, or helping other players to kill subclass/nobless bosses.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:43 AM   #18
k0kah
Dark Knight

k0kah is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
One and only reason to transfer to gustin: All other servers are no longer available.

Brown out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree+++
Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #19
Saaga
Purgatory Shadow

Saaga is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL at a good economy
Proud Gallego and Team ****** strategist.
Spokesman for the Chamber of Brown brotherhood
Unhealthy obssessions: The Office, The iPhone and Eddie Izzard
Old 02-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #20
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

YOU PEOPLE !

but you have a fan in Alyra!

boink bonk
What sick man sends Baby to fight me?