Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #21
Phenom
Elpy

Phenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SOLUTION TO: Game Install/Update Freezes

I finally got to the point where I could repair and I am getting errors on different files, everything from animations to sounds and music. I have to repair over and over again, sometimes 3 times in order to get beyond that file.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #22
Zeidy
Dark Knight

Zeidy is on a distinguished road

Could you give us a little more info Phenom? You're using the version.ini fix, you've created the file and made sure to save it as ansi and that it's not being saved as "version.ini.txt" or anything like that and made sure it's in the correct folder? (see the photos for reference) You've made sure to rightclick on the launcher icon and select "run as administrator" (it's not enough to just be logged in on an admin account, you have to rightclick the file and select run as administrator). Then make sure you're running the repair and not clicking the "update" or "install" buttons. Also, go into your control panel and over to the programs section and check again for PMB (there won't be an icon for it in the start menu or anything, it's always hidden, but you can uninstall from the control panel even though it seems to not be anywhere else).

After you check and verify the stuff above, let us know if you are still getting any errors. Please let us know exactly what error and what it says. Screenshot or copy the error text to us. Knowing that can help us figure if we know a solution or not.

Also, if you haven't already, make sure to submit a ticket to tech support so they can help you in case nobody on the forum knows a solution. https://lineage2.custhelp.com/app/ask/
Zeidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
Innocence
Elpy

Innocence is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried unsuccessful one of the solutions proposed and now the NCSoft Launcher doesn't even works more than 6 seconds open...I'm really becoming angry/mad, because this is not the first time i have some problem with NCsoft launcher, and when i think that everything is going to be Okay, a bug or a error happens after some update and then...well i have no patience right now so, if somebody could help me now i would be grateful...

Well, the launcher still with the same problem but now he only stops working when i try to update Lineage...

Last edited by Innocence; 06-16-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Something Change but still not working
Innocence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #24
Zeidy
Dark Knight

Zeidy is on a distinguished road

Have you tried the version.ini fix? That seems to have the most success for more people. Also, can you be a little more specific as to what happens? Describe it in detail, if you get an error, what does the error say? The more detail you give us, the better we can help you.

Also, don't forget to submit a ticket to support and be sure to describe your problem in detail to them. https://lineage2.custhelp.com/app/ask/
Zeidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #25
Desmond
Elpy

Desmond is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: SOLUTION TO: Game Install/Update Freezes

I am having an issue with the game even launching after a crash, nc launcher works but when i go to load L2 nothing happens altho under processes it says the game is running, i cannot get to the login screen at all. ive tried ALOT of diff things to try and resolve this issue can anyone help? oh and ive been playing the game with no problem for 2 weeks now besides an occasional crash here n there...
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #26
Dragonx254
Goblin Lord

Dragonx254 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a VERY easy solution! This worked for me when I was stuck at 99% (And no, it's not the .ini fix)

You just open the NCsoft Launcher, right click Lineage 2, go to Properties, and uncheck "Use Pando Media Booster".

It finished my download (the 7.2GB one, instead of having to repair a 16GB or whatever), and I didn't have to uninstall or edit any files.
Dragonx254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #27
lowen_hot
Elpy

lowen_hot is an unknown quantity at this point

yahoo..i restarted my laptop..then try the steps again..and actually one of those worked for me..i think its the 2nd step..since its very easy to do..actually that's the only thing i've tried..tnx everyone..now my L2 game is now updating just fine
lowen_hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #28
Astorion_L2
Elpy

Astorion_L2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the solution: NCsoft brings back the old way of starting up the game.
I can only play this game on weekends and every week it's the same..
I try to start up the launcher and it gets stuck right from the start.
When I double click the L2 logo it starts updating but gets stuck at 100% and doesn't do anything after that.

The only solution for me so far is uninstalling everything and installing it all over again..
You can't expect me to do this every weekend...
Astorion_L2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
Archmage132
Dark Knight

Archmage132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Freezes

So heres the issue im having. I download the game and gets to 99% LAST step and it said "Error completeing last step; Corrupt Memory." My roommate said memeory should not effect the download and now everytime i try to open the launcher it instantly freezes. Tried to delete pmb files and still doing the same thing.
Archmage132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #30
Raina2
Goblin Lord

Raina2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Freezes

Just wanted to thank the OP.

The Paramouda helped me out, I was begining to get a little frustrated, sitting @ 25% and unable to install/uninstall the game to continue the installation.

after 9/12/2012 patch I had a major file shut down, and had to uninstall the game, cause a root file was missing.... But now I'm up and running again!
Raina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #31
RevG
Elpy

RevG is an unknown quantity at this point

I stoped to play the game for a month or so and when i came back I was unable to update the game, patcher was freezing each time i clicked the "update" button or "repair" button. I try'd every solution in this thread and none of them worked so this is what a did :

Deleted the "version.ini" file, restarted the launcher and clicked "repair" and it patched my game.

Rev.
RevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #32
MetalRage
Elpy

MetalRage is an unknown quantity at this point

This worked for me, running windows XP.
Tried downloading last night, got an error message so it was an incomplete download, i tried running the file checking/repair option but the NcLauncher froze up. Even restarting the NcLauncher didn't work, it still froze. So i ended up deleting the lineage2 folder directly from the Ncsoft folder as the control panel-add and remove program will try to uninstall it through the NcLauncher (which would freeze up), then incase the Nclauncher was faulty/corrupt i deleted it thru the control panel-add and remove program. After all that i went and installed NcSoft Launcher opened it up and looked for lineage2 under install category, select lineage and next to it it had a small silver button, clicked on it and disabled PMB (pando media boost). From there i had no problems it downloaded and works fine for me, hope this might help some people?
MetalRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #33
M4xJr
Elpy

M4xJr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, tnxs for help!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #34
Odiseea
Elpy

Odiseea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I am trying to install Lineage 2, trough NC Soft Launcher, but always appears the error "the information could not be downloaded". I have uninstalled everything al over again, I`ve followed every instruction but it really doesnt work. What should I do? Does anyone know what can I do? Does another version exist. My laptop is really fine, I don`t have problems with it.

If anyone could give me some advices, please do it.

Thanks a lot.
Odiseea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #35
b1lgarin1t
Elpy

b1lgarin1t is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by b1lgarin1t; 01-22-2013 at 07:57 AM.
b1lgarin1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #36
hibridis
Elpy

hibridis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm having problem after installing the game, it does not start, says he gave an unexpected error, then it applies the correction, scans files, however the game does not open. I downloaded another file of the full game, and it worked once, then I opened the launcher in order to play the game, the error returned, it checks the files but never fix the problem, my windows is windows 8, has some incompatibility with this windows?
hibridis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
Vitaminsmore
Elpy

Vitaminsmore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Zeidy! Your post has saved me a lot of hassle! I was about to give up playing Lineage 2 again. Deleting the BMP file worked for me. Lets see if it'll finish installing/updating.
Vitaminsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #38
DirtSpot
Elpy

DirtSpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Out of solutions

Impossible to install/repair/update the game!!! I've tryed every solution listed/talked about above, it took 1 week allready, but still can't install the game. Not working on Win XP 32, nor on Win 7 64.
Out of ideeas, out of patience.. please, any NCsoft Gamemaster or IT technician give us a normal, valid installation path/solution.
Thank you in advance!:m ad:
Old 06-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #39
Discontented
Elpy

Discontented is an unknown quantity at this point

windows xp user, try everything and nothing
version.ini, change L2BIN etc etc etc -. - almost two years playing without problems and now I have 14 days without being able to play my xp rune and continues to lose time ...
How do I fix this? 1 ticket is not going to solve anything -. - Thanks ncsoft I burned my PC for anything, downloaded 60 000 MB ...
Discontented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #40
DivineComedy
Elpy

DivineComedy is an unknown quantity at this point

Where can i get the new game launcher without downloading the game client?
DivineComedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezes, freezing, install, solution, update