Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #41
DivineComedy
Elpy

DivineComedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SOLUTION TO: Game Install/Update Freezes

oh, i find it on my hardware. but when i try to start the game it shows the message "The game has not yet installed. Click download to begin installing."
How can i link launcher with the game client?
DivineComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #42
Alardann
Elpy

Alardann is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys. Worked fine for me, let me try explain.

Step 1: https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-u...lay-Lineage-II

Step 2: I did a File Repair and got error but u can ignore this.

Step 3: After u did File Repair, just try again update.. Worked fine forme and i had the same issue.
Alardann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #43
AdwareSumm
Elpy

AdwareSumm is an unknown quantity at this point

when wanting to play the first image of l2 starts valiance but that's me load the game because? and I give ctrl alt supr and frozen l2.bin this need emergency aid HELP ME

http://thumbs.subefotos.com/cf73914c...781bb5b31o.jpg
AdwareSumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #44
toinks143
Elpy

toinks143 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: SOLUTION TO: Game Install/Update Freezes

I started installing the game last night, and right now (or 12hours passed since Launcher started update/downloading) I keep on receiving pop up box: ErrorMessage cannot download file..

I click: confirm and click update again. It loads to where I last left 23% (12hrs!) and then after several mins (5-10min interval) the ErrorMessage cannot download file pops up again. I have to click confirm and click update again,.. and repeat.

Should it really be this hard to download the game?

3.50gb out of ??gb

If you can suggest/recommend any alternative way to download the client, please drop a reply.

Thank you.
toinks143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #45
AutumnFeathr
Elpy

AutumnFeathr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have read through some posts on this thread. I have attempted running it as "Administrator", Ive expelled Pando Media Booster from my computer and have tweaked firewall etc. options. Nothing seemed to have made a difference, so I waited out the installation for about 2 hours.

There was really no particular percentage it preferred to get stuck at. The whole process just took insanely long. And once everything was completed, I had additional problems logging in. I restarted my computer while having login problems, but that made no difference. I tried for nearly 2 more hours to get it to work.

What was happening was that I had to enter my password 3 times because the prompter said I was entering it in incorrectly, even though I wasn't. And by then the whole thing would crash and exit out as if I had even been on the login screen. This happened over and over and over.

So I then made a (horrible) decision to uninstall everything and try again. I've been stuck, again, downloading the updates for the last 1/2 hour. I'm only at 18%

Please help me, I'm so close to giving up entirely. This game looked very interesting, which is why I have taken so much time and effort to get this thing to work.
AutumnFeathr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #46
AutumnFeathr
Elpy

AutumnFeathr is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of fustration, I tried using my registered email account instead of my Username and... IT WORKED! I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or that was actually the problem, though.
AutumnFeathr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:13 AM   #47
Acerrudo
Elpy

Acerrudo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,

I am also experiencing difficulties in regards with updating the client, my update freezes at 12% and when I click the File Repair icon it always get stuck at 85%.

Oh and I use Windows 8.1, will that be an issue?

I'd really appreciate it if someone can assist me and I hope that this forum has active admins to help us with the same issues.

I was an open beta player when Lineage 2 SEA was around and played until the Kamael update before it was gone, I really want to play this game again.

Below are some info's that relates with my problem.

Thanks in advance, cheers!

<< OS >>
OS Version : Windows XP
ServicePack : Service Pack 3
Major Minor Build Version : 5.1.2600

<< System >>
64bit OS
Page Size : 4096 B
Active Processor Mask : 15
Number Of Processor : 4
Processor Type : 8664
Processor Level : 6
Processor Revision : 17665
Processor Speed : 2295 MHz

<< Memory >>
32% of memory in use.
Total Physical Memory : 1023 MB
Avail Physical Memory : 1023 MB
Total Paging File : 2047 MB
Avail Paging File : 1023 MB
Total User Address Space : 2047 MB
Avail User Address Space : 1954 MB

<< Disk Storage >>
Drive Name : C:\
Volume Name : OS
Total Byte : 185.96 GB
Used Byte : 35.57 GB
Available Byte : 150.40 GB

Drive Name : D:\
Volume Name : Data
Total Byte : 258.34 GB
Used Byte : 0.17 GB
Available Byte : 258.18 GB

<< Dns Query >>
Update Server
(1)
Name : updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com
Address : 48.194.38.0
(2)
Address : 176.198.38.0
(3)
Address : 48.199.38.0

Repository Server
(1)
Name : lineage2.patcher.ncsoft.com
Address : 192.89.39.0
(2)
Address : 224.102.39.0
(3)
Address : 88.103.39.0

<< FileInfoFile Hash Value >>
File Name : FileInfoMap_LINEAGE2_20.dat.zip
Hash Value : 4061c83501c847deae0fe4099c1310c41d536f94
File Name : FileInfoMap_LINEAGE2_20.dat
Hash Value : f0be88e86e5feee1bdb4bf77b0e4ec6df6741c8e

<< Error Message >>
[Update error] Cannot download file.
Please restart the launcher. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.
E02018
DP_G17_42_20/4f3423ae
Patch/Zip/Animations/Kamael.ukx.z03
Acerrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #48
Dysin
Elpy

Dysin is an unknown quantity at this point

Its heartwarming for a returning player like me, to see that NC honors tradition and makes horrible messes out of software. Even software that was working properly since 2006. That's why engineers say don't mess with it, if it ain't broken.

I found a workaround for the frozen installation. NC uses a torrent client, to push the game client. The torrent link is in the patch21 folder. Download any torrent client you prefer or you trust, and double click the link. The torrent client will download the game as a structure of folders containing zip files, and it will put it somewhere. In my case it was My documents\Downloads.

Copy this structure of folders and files and paste it to where you want your game installed. In my case it was D:\Program Files\NCSOFT\Lineage II\$Patch$.

Then let the bugged torrent client/installer of NC run, it will find the files, decompress them, and the game will start. The torrent link file is created by the installer in \NCSOFT\Lineage II\$Patch$\21 and its called Full_LINEAGE2_21.torrent.
Dysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #49
TowHo
Banned

Location: Avoiding ugly seamonsters that are OBVIOUSLY jealous of my inner & outer beauty.
TowHo is on a distinguished road

NONE of this thread helped & only thing I await now is my bf coming home & flipping out cuz I erased/added crap I really had no business touching. But in all honesty, I can play fine on my laptop...he just can't DL game on his desktop. (He recently re-formatted)

To fellow players: What I have noticed is every attempt to update is different. Code "E02018 is same, but the gibberish underneath changes. You CAN keep ignoring the errors & just keep on trucking to hitting update over & over, but for my end, it stops at the 50% mark & no longer inches towards completion. Because I'm not geek savvy, I don't know why or what exactly it's not completing to download but hoping someone is/knows:

@ 31%:
E02018
DP_G17_18_21/c70a23ae
Patch/Zip/SysTextures/FElf.utx.z01

@ 31%
E02018
DP_G17_18_21/471623ae
Patch/Zip/SysTextures/MMagic.utx.z01

& so on & so forth. Anyone that can run with this & figure out why it only updates in itty bitty chunks? or am I (like the rest of the thread posters) just wasting my breath? - TY in advance.
TowHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #50
Mullmar
Grave Predator

Mullmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowHo View Post
NONE of this thread helped & only thing I await now is my bf coming home & flipping out cuz I erased/added crap I really had no business touching. But in all honesty, I can play fine on my laptop...he just can't DL game on his desktop. (He recently re-formatted)

To fellow players: What I have noticed is every attempt to update is different. Code "E02018 is same, but the gibberish underneath changes. You CAN keep ignoring the errors & just keep on trucking to hitting update over & over, but for my end, it stops at the 50% mark & no longer inches towards completion. Because I'm not geek savvy, I don't know why or what exactly it's not completing to download but hoping someone is/knows:

@ 31%:
E02018
DP_G17_18_21/c70a23ae
Patch/Zip/SysTextures/FElf.utx.z01

@ 31%
E02018
DP_G17_18_21/471623ae
Patch/Zip/SysTextures/MMagic.utx.z01

& so on & so forth. Anyone that can run with this & figure out why it only updates in itty bitty chunks? or am I (like the rest of the thread posters) just wasting my breath? - TY in advance.
I'm having the same problem. I formatted my pc today. I tried a lot of things but none of them worked neither anything mentioned in these posts.
I really don't know what to do this time.
Mullmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #51
lamberti
Elpy

lamberti is an unknown quantity at this point

hola estoy teniendo problema para actualizar el game y ya he mandado un ticket al gm para que me solucione el problema, no puede actualizar el L2 bajo ningun concepto. que alguien me ayude por favor
lamberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #52
WerePitfall
Elpy

WerePitfall is an unknown quantity at this point

Seguí la solución que da dysin mas arriba. Descargas la carpeta pach con el bittorrent y copias pegas.
WerePitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #53
SpankThru
Goblin Lord

SpankThru is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys should pay more attention to other topics in the forums xD Sorry if you did and it didn't work, but here goes how I and other people solved that issue:

After downloading the launcher from http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/down...on/#NCLauncher and try to update it, go to c:/Programs(x86)/NCSOFT/Lineage2/$Patch$/21/

Inside that 21 folder do you have any torrent file called "Full_LINEAGE2_21"?

Open that file with a torrent program and a 6.94gb patch will start to download.

After the download is completed, place the patch folder you just downloaded inside that c:/Programs(x86)/NCSOFT/Lineage2/$Patch$/21/ folder, ran the launcher again, click "update" and it should start working! No errors no nothing. With me it went straight from 0 to 54% within one or two minutes and then took a little more to reach 100% but gave me no errors. Been playing so far just fine.

Basically instead of downloading the patch through the launcher you download it through torrent, 100 times faster (I downloaded at 2.5mb/s), and then just copy paste the folder and its done.

Try it out!
SpankThru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #54
TowHo
Banned

Location: Avoiding ugly seamonsters that are OBVIOUSLY jealous of my inner & outer beauty.
TowHo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankThru View Post
You guys should pay more attention to other topics in the forums xD
Not everyone is a lazy noob. I not only ransacked this forum, but other forums as well. I even went back in time on forums to see old posts about the current Anti-virus he is using because I remember back in the day it WAS a factor to "update problems, but nope..it's not that either. I did every single suggestion.

But..thanks?

Problem is, at this point, it's not people's computers, or additional games, files, internet, dance moves or what they wore last week while updating to mess up the update, downloads or alien invasions this week. It's NC, not anyone else. The fact anyone should even have to do all this ridiculous to get their game working properly is an outrage. SO thus being said, NCSOFT fix the problem it's not us, it's YOU.

I can't believe I am this emo raged and it's not even my problem, I can play the game fine (XD)
TowHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #55
Apollus
Elpy

Apollus is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: SOLUTION TO: Game Install/Update Freezes

Hi.

I'm trying to download the game using the launcher but always I get the error E02018.

So I tryed to download the game using the torrent file "Full_LINEAGE2_22" (from this location C:/Programs(x86)/NCSOFT/Lineage2/$Patch$/22/) but this file don't have any seeds.

I don't know what to do. Someone could please upload the torrent file "Full_LINEAGE2_21", maybe this file have seeds so I could update the game from this point.

Sorry for my english and thanks for your help.

EDIT:
I found something that may help everyone that have this problem.

In the site from the official brazilian seller from Lineage II has a direct link to download the full game.

In this link you have to click in the download button below the Lineage II logo.

Link: http://levelupgames.uol.com.br/levelup/download-center

An this is the direct link: ftp://download.lineage2.levelupgames...aller(RC3).rar

Last edited by Apollus; 04-03-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Found the solution.
Apollus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #56
iDrk
Elpy

iDrk is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys, I need some help, I´ve downloaded the game by torrent, about 17.1 GB file size, but when I click on the game launcher it starts updating the whole game.
Can anyone give me some information about what Im doing wrong?
thanks
iDrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #57
golemka
Beleth's Slave

golemka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDrk View Post
hi guys, I need some help, I´ve downloaded the game by torrent, about 17.1 GB file size, but when I click on the game launcher it starts updating the whole game.
Can anyone give me some information about what Im doing wrong?
thanks
http://boards.lineage2.com/showpost....97&postcount=2

put the game path into your registry , press f5 , play
golemka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #58
Theria
Grave Predator

Theria is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdwareSumm View Post
when wanting to play the first image of l2 starts valiance but that's me load the game because? and I give ctrl alt supr and frozen l2.bin this need emergency aid HELP ME

http://thumbs.subefotos.com/cf73914c...781bb5b31o.jpg
Having the same issues 9 times out of 10 I try to start the game.
L2.bin load up, accumulate about 600Mb working set, and stick there peaking CPU to 100%, but never loading/starting GameGuard at all, and never get anywhere from there.
Theria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #59
golemka
Beleth's Slave

golemka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theria View Post
Having the same issues 9 times out of 10 I try to start the game.
L2.bin load up, accumulate about 600Mb working set, and stick there peaking CPU to 100%, but never loading/starting GameGuard at all, and never get anywhere from there.
so something must block the gameguard
golemka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #60
Theria
Grave Predator

Theria is an unknown quantity at this point

It blocking itself, as far as I can tell.
Clean WinXP/32/SP3 with all available updates.
Clean Win7/32 with all available updates.
Clean Win7/64 with all available updates.
Same issue on all systems. I can start the game from 2'nd or 3'rd attempt at best, often it's a daunting task of killing and restarting the game client over and over again. Starting second client fails much more often.
I even went to the length of building a batch script that kill and restart the game automatically, until it finally start up properly.
When this crap will be removed already?
Theria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezes, freezing, install, solution, update