Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Player Events

Login

Player Events Plan and discuss player-run events. Player-run events can be in-game or out-of-game, role-play, pvp, or pve.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
PopeSteals
Hungry Spirit

PopeSteals is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-learn 3rd job skills

Could you guys please put an event to learn back the 3rd job skills? I made a mistake and want to re-learn a few.. Also, I think its a nice event to have. Ty
PopeSteals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
PopeSteals
Hungry Spirit

PopeSteals is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re-learn 3rd job skills

How would this work (an example):

Book of Old Memories (1500 NCcoins): forget an awaken skill, allowing re-learning of 3rd job skills. All enchants on current awaken skill are lost. No SP refunding. No Adena refunding.

Usage #1: when right clicked, will open up a window that contains all current awakened skills and their enchants. When clicking any skill, at the right side of window, the corresponding pre-awakened skills are displayed (for confirmation). There shall be a confirm button, that when clicked, will display a popup confirmation (confiming all the losses, etc)

Usage #2: on skill enchant window, near at the "Blessed Enchant" checkbox, there will be a "Forget skill" checkbox (that requires this Book of Old Memories).

PopeSteals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

i have made mistakes in character skill selection.
i gave up return and party return on my healer...
with an immediate face palm.
i kept power of water briefly until i was in kartia buffing mobs.
it's helpful there.
but it's more helpful for mp conservation...
it's a personal choice.

which skills did you give up?

for enchanter, i kept a skill called Steal essence.
it's basically useless in a fight...
but it helps to have a 900 range attack available for pve.
gives up the single target melee debuff attack though.

you can survive just fine without keeping the skills.
certain skills are slightly advantageous.
but you will live.
Last edited by Sace; 02-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Reason: http://youtu.be/dG8wsae-6tU
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #4
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeSteals View Post
How would this work (an example):

Book of Old Memories (1500 NCcoins): forget an awaken skill, allowing re-learning of 3rd job skills. All enchants on current awaken skill are lost. No SP refunding. No Adena refunding.

Usage #1: when right clicked, will open up a window that contains all current awakened skills and their enchants. When clicking any skill, at the right side of window, the corresponding pre-awakened skills are displayed (for confirmation). There shall be a confirm button, that when clicked, will display a popup confirmation (confiming all the losses, etc)

Usage #2: on skill enchant window, near at the "Blessed Enchant" checkbox, there will be a "Forget skill" checkbox (that requires this Book of Old Memories).

Nope, you won't get that Duelist Spirit or Reflect back, you shouldn't have learned the new ones, it was clearly stating what you were losing.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
Nope, you won't get that Duelist Spirit or Reflect back, you shouldn't have learned the new ones, it was clearly stating what you were losing.
I learned all my Iss Sonatas on my Judicator, then immediately facepalmed...I should have kept my Judicator buffs to maintain a fantasy of an "Iss Judicator"

I learned Crystal Regen on my Aeore and facepalmed again...I could have used Invocation a lot more effectively than Crystal Regen.

I wish they had an item like this that allowed rerolls, but then if they did that, then they would rerelease stone of destiny or items like that that let people cheat their intended classes.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 AM   #6
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeirToRune View Post
I learned all my Iss Sonatas on my Judicator, then immediately facepalmed...I should have kept my Judicator buffs to maintain a fantasy of an "Iss Judicator"

I learned Crystal Regen on my Aeore and facepalmed again...I could have used Invocation a lot more effectively than Crystal Regen.

I wish they had an item like this that allowed rerolls, but then if they did that, then they would rerelease stone of destiny or items like that that let people cheat their intended classes.
So true.
The thing is, that they should have removed those 2nd/3rd class skills by now.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
So true.
The thing is, that they should have removed those 2nd/3rd class skills by now.
I still have Vampiric Impulse from my Judicator class even though I awakened into an Iss Hierophant. I shudder to imagine insane combinations with other classes.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeirToRune View Post
Crystal Regen > Invocation for PVP purposes, but even Invocation doesn't tick me as useful now, with the gazillion MP points we healers can gather... I mean, I have 18k MP with heavy armor, more or less, would Invocation even regen a tidbit of it?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
Zestos
Dark Lord

Zestos is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
Crystal Regen > Invocation for PVP purposes, but even Invocation doesn't tick me as useful now, with the gazillion MP points we healers can gather... I mean, I have 18k MP with heavy armor, more or less, would Invocation even regen a tidbit of it?

Yes. It is 84mp/second for 30 seconds...with a chance to skill crit for 1 minute!

in 30 seconds that is 2520 mp....crit is 5k mp. Totally worth it.

I made my alt into an SE and kept invocation. She is a total mana ***** now! Love it
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

i initially kept invocation also.
but even with tree of life, fairy of life, and sustain... the fact that you can't function while invo, yet can still receive damage... made crystal form worth the investment. it's only a small amount of mp, but with rebirth... it's like it doesn't matter.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #11
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

My Shillien Saint is a mana battery without Invocation actually, last time I had issues keeping the party's MP up was months ago, when I had a GF party full of mana drainers and Rebirth wasn't enough.
I see the point about Invocation, but Crystal Regen is a much better defensive skill for non-boxed healers.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:08 AM   #12
Linnda
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
My Shillien Saint is a mana battery without Invocation actually, last time I had issues keeping the party's MP up was months ago, when I had a GF party full of mana drainers and Rebirth wasn't enough.
I see the point about Invocation, but Crystal Regen is a much better defensive skill for non-boxed healers.
Pssshhh Linnda has been super healer cause she went Cardi like a pro >
Old 01-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold

Re-roll the character, will be much faster than waiting for "Book of Old Memories" to be added to game.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
Linnda
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrachaVonDrachen View Post
Re-roll the character, will be much faster than waiting for "Book of Old Memories" to be added to game.
But I lose teh Kamael Healer statuses! D:
Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #15
marw
Dark Lord

marw is on a distinguished road

+++ for this event
Old 02-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #16
Linnda
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by marw View Post
+++ for this event
It'll nevar happens :<
Old 02-25-2014, 05:31 AM   #17
marw
Dark Lord

marw is on a distinguished road

NCcoins can make miracle
Old 02-25-2014, 06:55 AM   #18
PimpMyBow
Remnant Diabolist

PimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about themPimpMyBow has a spectacular aura about them

****** me off to see archers with rapid shot, would be nice if everyone used same skills
Old 02-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #19
Muld3r
Thunder Wyrm

Muld3r is an unknown quantity at this point

This would be a great event. I think many players would like to have a second chance on their lost 3rd class skills. Go for it NC.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #20
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

they won't be enchantable.
it's sad.
i recently lost my favorite skill to this issue which has made me lose a lot of interest in playing. but there is no way they will give these back...

personally i'm waiting for them to get fed up and just belete the third class skills.