Lineage II Forums  
Old 05-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #21
Chucksteak
Dark Knight

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHyperlite View Post
Str affects skill crit rate for a while now broskie
Keep the alternative facts on FOX please.

Last edited by Chucksteak; 05-25-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #22
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Rodah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Can you link this post please? I would like to read it. Also, what can't we mention?
I n n o v a

https://4gameforum.com/threads/8726/

Test was performed in Dec 2012; so yes, it is a GoD test. I have seen no information either in patch notes, personal observation, or anecdotal evidence to suggest anything has changed. In fact, this is probably the source for all the "get DEX to 80 and everything else in STR" advice you always see.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #23
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketka View Post
what about no
Quote:
Keep the alternative facts on FOX please.
I "think" he was agreeing with me. That is, refuting Hyperlite.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #24
Chucksteak
Dark Knight

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
I "think" he was agreeing with me. That is, refuting Hyperlite.
FFS, your right, I quoted the wrong person. Post has been edited above for clarity.

Also thanks for the link.

Last edited by Chucksteak; 05-25-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #25
CuteStuff
Elpy

CuteStuff is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol... Little kids that don't know much...

The secrets to daggers that I know that not many people realize....

Last edited by CuteStuff; 06-10-2017 at 09:29 PM.
CuteStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #26
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit

iHyperlite is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wrong on my post, my bad. Since you said I was wrong I've been trying to find lab tests showing more info. I found juji's nice test for an archer and he said he'd do one for Othell but never did. I've also see the 4 game test and was left with more questions:

So my GH has 149 str, 75 dex, im 104. When I use any blow on an equal lvl character I constantly get a critical dmg. I never get a x2 dmg proc like I see when testing blows on a 99 dagger with 60ish dex on a 99 char. I pop a +10 dex pot and a dex hat to go to 88 dex, same thing, constantly repeating same dmg amount, never seeing a x2 dmg amount. This is after 100 or 200 blows to the back of an equal lvl character at 104. If my crit is 30k for example, it's always right around that 30k mark. It never goes to 15k or 60k. This is at 75 and 88 dex.

I have AP in the 10% skill crit chance, full epics, etc

Does this mean at 75 dex my skill crit chance is 100%? I can't believe that to be true...
Old 06-16-2017, 09:53 PM   #27
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Quote:
I was wrong on my post, my bad. Since you said I was wrong I've been trying to find lab tests showing more info. I found juji's nice test for an archer and he said he'd do one for Othell but never did. I've also see the 4 game test and was left with more questions:

So my GH has 149 str, 75 dex, im 104. When I use any blow on an equal lvl character I constantly get a critical dmg. I never get a x2 dmg proc like I see when testing blows on a 99 dagger with 60ish dex on a 99 char. I pop a +10 dex pot and a dex hat to go to 88 dex, same thing, constantly repeating same dmg amount, never seeing a x2 dmg amount. This is after 100 or 200 blows to the back of an equal lvl character at 104. If my crit is 30k for example, it's always right around that 30k mark. It never goes to 15k or 60k. This is at 75 and 88 dex.

I have AP in the 10% skill crit chance, full epics, etc

Does this mean at 75 dex my skill crit chance is 100%? I can't believe that to be true...
After reading your post I logged on my 95 spoiler just to run a few test.

Using a non-SA'd C grade dagger w/o SS and only having basic Iss buffs I clearly saw "Skill Criticals" using the Blood Stab skill.

For clarification purposes it should be noted that ALL dagger skills are designated as "critical hits". So when you look at your logs every hit is going to say "critical hit." A skill critical will say "critical hit" but, it will also be double damage.

And, as I stated earlier, I saw double damage hits after only a few stabs. I performed exactly 50 stabs (yes, small sample size) and skill crit (double damage) 22 times.

I'm not sure what is going on with your toon. Perhaps with AP/SA's/Self Buffs your Skill Critical Rate (chance for double damage stabs) is maxed out. I simply don't know. I will say that those test were performed a long time ago when there were far fewer skill crit boosts.

EDIT: One more thing, even though I am probably right (dex increases skill crits) that doesn't mean you are entirely wrong either (STR vs DEX). It's worth remembering that for the first 2-3 years of GoD there was essentially no way to boost skill crit rate outside of stats. No Hunter SA, no PoM, no Abundance, no APs, nothing! At this point, maybe you can max skill crit rate w/o boosting Dex via tats.

Last edited by Rodah; 06-16-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #28
zeia
Goblin Lord

zeia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hey other Othells, thanks for the support. Go F yourselves. I'll answer my own post since I've done some testing.

For daggers that want to solo like an evis, you will need the following (listed in order of what I think is easiest to get);

1. POM - it says 25% increase, its way more than that. By far the biggest dmg boost you can get and technically free, all you need to do is find one or box one.

2. 101 - 102+ is preferable, but its possible at 101 with the gear. (also free, technically)

3. Wep SA's (lv 5+) - 1st one should be 10%+ skill crit dmg, second should be 7%+ p. crit dmg.

4. Rings - 2 of them at +15% crit dmg minimum each. Ring of rulers and tauti are better than AQ soul and Baium soul, but those should work as well if you have some of the harder things listed below to complement.

5. Augment #1 - Wep augment needs to be passive +15% crit dmg (skill or P., doesn't matter witch as they work the same for daggers)

6. Giants Cave Talisman lvl 10 - 3% crit dmg increase, just because it is free doesn't mean its easy, so this is at #6.

7. Abundance lvl 1 - We are after the crit dmg increase, so a lesser one will work, but lvl 4 works as well, so I listed a lvl.1 (actually really easy to make if you hit up the abundance box when they sell them at L2store)

8. +8 set - Does it need to be bloody? No, but every piece that is makes it much easier. The most important part of this (besides POM) is to always be taking a hit from another mob to keep CC up. So you need to be able to take the hits from mob A while you kill mob B,C,D ect.

9. Lindvior - I think this one is a luxury really, but hey 10% crit dmg is 10% crit dmg.

10. 500+ Attack attribute - Anything less is not full dmg to begin with before you stack modifiers. (longing+7s, Exalted circlet, opals, buffs, AP points, ect)

11. Red Cats Eye - This guy....F this guy too. A lvl 2 is +4% crit dmg while a lvl 4 is +14% increase. Get one as high as affordable when possible.

12. Wep #2 augment - Giants crit dmg active buff. This requires a giants life stone, or several. There are 10 skill options, you want one of them, the one that gives you +15% crit dmg buff. This doesn't have to be at #10, but with the cost of these stones and the random success factor, I have to put it down here. I could almost say the same about the Red cats eye, but we know that is all but guaranteed to fail ALOT.

If you have this gear, plus the basic gear for any respectable dagger you should be able to kill GC lower mobs in seconds at lvl 101. If I had to chose, id probably pursue the Lindvior and Wep #2 aug last. The Lind replaces a solid stun earing no matter how yo look at it, and stun is important. The 2nd wep aug just because it might be a pain in the *** to get. Just remember that is a 25% dmg boost you are missing though. The name of the game is CRIT DMG, just pretend your playing Diablo and keep stacking that stat.

Much thanks to the US service member who sat with me in vent to help teach me all that I have posted.

-CS
Man

Ive tried it and i can tell you even with the uber gears you will need the right step to be able to survive in Gc-lower especially with those group of 5 mobs.
I can survive with +10 Blessed seraph la set, +12 bloody dagger, Lower boss jewel, Frintezza soul is mandatory, Dandy scroll if u have, This particular one will help you a lot,

First off,

There are 3 Fookers down there that kill you The first 2 are Carcass and Lucas, They have crossbows. 1 Skill hit and your hp gauge will lowered by more than half, Which means with 2 of them you are instance dead. You have to take out one of these first or try to lure 2XBathus away and kill them off before taking care of the rest.

Btw Bathus can kill you too they hit hard but hardly hit, So you can tackle 2 of them at the same time but alway remember Bathus is hard to kill, They r strong against stun and even the bluff sometime doesnt work plus high def by the time you killed it the other mob might already have respawned and kill u instead.

And there is the other one that use magic skill, I left it away, It has very low dmg and always hit with this you will get critdmg activate from this guy.

This main thing is when you just enter the Gc lower the mobs are likely alway packed together so you have to find a way to start getting them out one at a time then you can go all out, I mean dont kill the Magic mob, Just kill the new spawned mob as soon as it show up.....one by one and you should be ok. I didnt even have POM.

And the third one that can kill you is your opposite clan. Im in freya in this case it's Max so be prepare to bsoe a lot. LOL
Im no good with pvp atm since i was on break for nearly 3 years so i alway stay behind those more pvp orientated clannies.

Mene
Old 06-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #29
Stinge12
Elpy

Stinge12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah we sure can.

This is from last week, soloing superion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foRIkvoCTnM
Stinge12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #30
Frexian
Elpy

Frexian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinge12 View Post
Yeah we sure can.

This is from last week, soloing superion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foRIkvoCTnM
With that kind of gears everyone can do that Easily…LOL
Frexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #31
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frexian View Post
With that kind of gears everyone can do that Easily…LOL
gear and buffs.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #32
AbyssWalker9999
Goblin Lord

AbyssWalker9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
gear and buffs.
And level
AbyssWalker9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #33
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssWalker9999 View Post
And level
im 105, but 5/6 lvl 6 brooch jewels is a bit rediculous
Old 08-31-2017, 04:28 AM   #34
N4zgul
Elpy

N4zgul is an unknown quantity at this point

i understand its pointless to go more after 140 str for every fighter class. for yuls best setup is 140 str 80 dex. but for daggers??... ))
i think u need to choose a different dex/str setup for farm or pvp.