Lineage II Forums  
Old 07-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
Vendetta
Elpy

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GK looking to duo k99

Hey guys!! So I tried my first k99 duo with iss when my iss hit 99. Only made it to the ice boss round before last boss and ran out of time at about half boss health. So it seems I need lots of work. Just seeing where I was at. Obviously at 101 get good skill for more damage but will be a while. I always use rose and +3 str stew. Used Wild roar and clan buff. Always debuffed with iss when possible. I do get hit a little hard but did fine leaving 1 minion to get hp back when low. I also had POM from event. Looking to get Anakim next for p def. Any tips appreciated. Thanks guys :-)

100 Gk (12% :-/)
+6 eternal light set full element (Gaiters are +8) all normal
+12 Bloody fists 2 sa 300 ele (p crit dmg and p atk sa's) 7.5% p crit dmg aug
Ant queen soul ring
Ring of creation (also have baium normal,octavis normal and warrior rings)
Valakas Necklace (also have Tezza Soul)
Antharas Earring
Blessed Zaken Earring (also have istina earring normal)
Longing Talisman
Abundance lvl1
Lilith Talisman
Tiats Belt
4 slot brooch (lvl3 ruby/lvl3 diamond/lvl3 pearl/lvl 2 opal)
All AP in warrior tree
CHA + 5% p atk accessory
+15 STR dyes
Venir lvl 10
Important skills all +6-7
Dual Skill warriors rage and patk
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
Daishuks
Goblin Lord

Daishuks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GK looking to duo k99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Hey guys!! So I tried my first k99 duo with iss when my iss hit 99. Only made it to the ice boss round before last boss and ran out of time at about half boss health. So it seems I need lots of work. Just seeing where I was at. Obviously at 101 get good skill for more damage but will be a while. I always use rose and +3 str stew. Used Wild roar and clan buff. Always debuffed with iss when possible. I do get hit a little hard but did fine leaving 1 minion to get hp back when low. I also had POM from event. Looking to get Anakim next for p def. Any tips appreciated. Thanks guys :-)

100 Gk (12% :-/)
+6 eternal light set full element (Gaiters are +8) all normal
+12 Bloody fists 2 sa 300 ele (p crit dmg and p atk sa's) 7.5% p crit dmg aug
Ant queen soul ring
Ring of creation (also have baium normal,octavis normal and warrior rings)
Valakas Necklace (also have Tezza Soul)
Antharas Earring
Blessed Zaken Earring (also have istina earring normal)
Longing Talisman
Abundance lvl1
Lilith Talisman
Tiats Belt
4 slot brooch (lvl3 ruby/lvl3 diamond/lvl3 pearl/lvl 2 opal)
All AP in warrior tree
CHA + 5% p atk accessory
+15 STR dyes
Venir lvl 10
Important skills all +6-7
Dual Skill warriors rage and patk
In all honesty I'm really surprised you are not able to duo it by urself >< you have pretty decent gear, getting ur set to 8 and blessing it would be a pretty huge improvement, I'm not sure what else would push you over the top maybe just getting that 101 skill would make that difference for you aswell
Daishuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
Vendetta
Elpy

Thats what I thought Daishuks lol. I forgot I even had on 7-day blessed antharas earring, valakas soul necklace, tauti ring and earth wyrm ring for that run :-/. Never played GK before but I have played almost every class possible 99+ lol. Maybe just need more practice or maybe I just suck haha.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Rodah is on a distinguished road

I'm actually not surprised you are having problems.

Based on your info I am pretty certain that you aren't anywhere near 500 element attack (320-360), you aren't close to 500 crit rate (350 +/-), and far from 1500 attack speed (1300 +/-). Am I right?

Well, if I am right then here is my advice;

Sell your Bloody Fist and your +6 Set; should get you around 45b.

Replace with Enhanced Shadow Fist with Tyrr 3rd SA and get +8 bless r/r95 light set (35-40b total). Use the remaining to get either +15% CD Aug or +70 Ele attack aug.

Yes, I am very aware this seems like a step back but, it isn't. This will immediately put you at 500~ element attack and 500/1500 crit rate/attack speed. You will see a huge difference with this and boosting ele attack and maxing crit/attack speed will more than make up for the loss in P.Attack and PvE damage.

The other thing I would recommend would be to drop $50 / month (if you can) and get Divine Packs for the Rare Acc Pack and 4* Agathion.

Finish exalted and switch to finished Tiara as well.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
Vendetta
Elpy

Well you are pretty darn close Rodah. I have 415 p crit rate, I do have 1500 atk speed though, 360 element atk holy/390 with replica tiera (angel boss slows me down obviously :-/) fully buffed. I also have a r95 light set with 3 pieces +8 so I'll try and finish that set and bless them. I do have my last Freya agathion I am using. So I will buy the pack you suggested soon. I have slacked on exalted but I am almost finished with the first exalted quests this week. Also i'll see about getting some enhanced shadow fists. I did try again today starting with gog crit buff. I got to last boss this time and ran out of time with 2/3 health left. I appreciate your help a lot thank you.

Last edited by Vendetta; 07-02-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #6
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Well you are pretty darn close Rodah. I have 415 p crit rate, I do have 1500 atk speed though, 360 element atk holy/390 with replica tiera (angel boss slows me down obviously :-/) fully buffed. I also have a r95 light set with 3 pieces +8 so I'll try and finish that set and bless them. I do have my last Freya agathion I am using. So I will buy the pack you suggested soon. I have slacked on exalted but I am almost finished with the first exalted quests this week. Also i'll see about getting some enhanced shadow fists. I did try again today starting with gog crit buff. I got to last boss this time and ran out of time with 2/3 health left. I appreciate your help a lot thank you.
That is good that you have the means to get Divine Packs. If you are willing to do that it opens up tons of opportunities. I used Rare Packs for almost a year before I started doing oly again and got perma stuff.

Since you are going that route consider selling your Tiat and all your jewels except Creation. Use that adena to improve other areas of your toon.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:42 AM   #7
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road

Dont sell your fists, enhanced shadow fighters are NOT better, far from it.. only benefit would be the attribute attack but the loss off p atk and SS bonus is not worth it.
Crazy advice.

Grab any 8+ ligh5 set, R95 or better would be nice though.. make sure leggings are BLESSED as this will give you a big boost of critical rate.
Then replace head accessory with STR+Crit rate.
The small loss of P. Atk will be worth it.

Leave some minions alive, they shouldnt hurt you very much, clear them before leaving to final raidboss.
If they harm you too much - use AOE skill to recover HP, other than that though do not use any attack skills, normal hits all the way.
Of course, if minions hurt too much, kill a few off..

I find Wind or Water attribute on weapon to be pretty good in kama, try that.

Make a nice macro on iss, to target you, buff angels touch, assist and debuff. Repeat it.
Give your iss items to reduce CD of angels touch, blessed freya is cheap.

Buy teleport pack from l2store, make teleport location at GOG fountains and kama NPC. That way you can refresh GOG buff.
Once you hit 101 you wont have to do this, but for now.. do it if it means the duff between failing and succeeding.

Last edited by Znipoo; 07-03-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Znipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #8
Daishuks
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znipoo View Post
Dont sell your fists, enhanced shadow fighters are NOT better, far from it.. only benefit would be the attribute attack but the loss off p atk and SS bonus is not worth it.
Crazy advice.

Grab any 8+ ligh5 set, R95 or better would be nice though.. make sure leggings are BLESSED as this will give you a big boost of critical rate.

Leave some minions alive, they shouldnt hurt you very much, clear them before leaving to final raidboss.
If they harm you too much - use AOE skill to recover HP, other than that though do not use any attack skills, normal hits all the way.

Make a nice macro on iss, to target you, buff angels touch, assist and debuff. Repeat it.

Buy teleport pack from l2store, make teleport location at GOG fountains and kama NPC. That way you can refresh GOG buff.
Once you hit 101 you wont have to do this, but for now.. do it if it means the duff between failing and succeeding.
I disagree with this almost 100% set the macro on the gk to armor destruction every 15 seconds, play the iss live. And the time wasted to go get got will save you very little apart from the first time. I wouldn't refresh it. Getting it before you start isn't a bad idea.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:01 AM   #9
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishuks View Post
I disagree with this almost 100% set the macro on the gk to armor destruction every 15 seconds, play the iss live. And the time wasted to go get got will save you very little apart from the first time. I wouldn't refresh it. Getting it before you start isn't a bad idea.
Agree to disagree I guess..
All things ive said will increase his DPS, which is the issue here.. or do you think he magically will boost his DPS somehow?
But I think it will be hard to macro the DD which have issues staying alive.

Takes 1 min to go out, rebuff, and run to raids again.. so 4 min of 40% more crit dmg.. and I dont want to argue, but 40% crit damage is not just 40% more dps, if timed with more skills that 40% crit damage is way way more than 40% DPS, ridiculous how you dont know that.. how can you say its not worth it? lol
Old 07-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #10
Daishuks
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Agree to disagree I guess..
All things ive said will increase his DPS, which is the issue here.. or do you think he magically will boost his DPS somehow?
But I think it will be hard to macro the DD which have issues staying alive.

Takes 1 min to go out, rebuff, and run to raids again.. so 4 min of 40% more crit dmg.. and I dont want to argue, but 40% crit damage is not just 40% more dps, if timed with more skills that 40% crit damage is way way more than 40% DPS, ridiculous how you dont know that.. how can you say its not worth it? lol
I do know that, but if you jump there, and it's down then go to another one is down, it's a complete waste, or have you never gone to a gog that was used before?? You think the iss in requiem gear has more survivability than his tyrr? No. Set the auto attack macro on the tyrr, run in and out with the iss live healing and angels touch on cooldown, ur he one not thinking.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:14 AM   #11
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
I do know that, but if you jump there, and it's down then go to another one is down, it's a complete waste, or have you never gone to a gog that was used before?? You think the iss in requiem gear has more survivability than his tyrr? No. Set the auto attack macro on the tyrr, run in and out with the iss live healing and angels touch on cooldown, ur he one not thinking.
You're right, the iss part may not be 100% viable. Was writing from phone, but the point i wanted to get across was the fact he need to buff himself angels touch.
Considering his gear, and the fact he fails the instance, i felt i needed to go over the pretty much basics.

Anyhow, I never really did have that issue.. maybe two times out of 100 i were unable to find the GoG buff, depends on time of day I suppose, if you go kamaloka in the middle of raid boss spawns.. yeah you are out of luck.

Quote:
But the point is, it increases the damage output by quite a bit.
Imagine this,
Normal critical damage (w/ critical increase) = 10k (14k GoG buff)
With self buffs/skills = 20k (28k GoG buff)
With BR = 40k (56k GoG buff)
Just for the point of making it easier, assume nothing gets double duration.
During those 4 minutes of GoG buff, he will make a total of..
30 seconds = 16k more crit dmg per hit
30 seconds of 8k more crit dmg per hit
3 minutes of 4k more crit dmg per hit

To put in perspective,
Assuming 5 hits per second, where 3 of them is critical hits..
Without GoG, critical damage done = 4.2 million
With GOG, critical damage done = 5.04 million

So, ~25% boost of DPS, and all he have to do is go out, buff himself, go back inside.
I am not here to argue, but for someone who is failing the instance due to low DPS, maybe running outside a few times to rebuff will be a good move, atleast until he gets lv. 101 and loses damage penalty and get the boost from 101 skill.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #12
Daishuks
Goblin Lord

Quote:
You're right, the iss part may not be 100% viable. Was writing from phone, but the point i wanted to get across was the fact he need to buff himself angels touch.
Considering his gear, and the fact he fails the instance, i felt i needed to go over the pretty much basics.

Anyhow, I never really did have that issue.. maybe two times out of 100 i were unable to find the GoG buff, depends on time of day I suppose, if you go kamaloka in the middle of raid boss spawns.. yeah you are out of luck.

I am not here to argue, but for someone who is failing the instance due to low DPS, maybe running outside a few times to rebuff will be a good move, atleast until he gets lv. 101 and loses damage penalty and get the boost from 101 skill.
I hate losing a gamble, so I don't bank on clearing an instance on a god buff. But that's me. I agree it's a huge increase I get it, but to base ur success on chance like that? I'm not into it.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #13
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Quote:
Crazy advice.

So what I did is I read the OP's gear list and then I made an analysis based on what he has and what he can reasonably acquire with little to no expenditure.

You, read the OP, got to my post, read it, completely forgot what the OP wrote, and then applied your own standards to my comments. Good job bro, way to help out a player. Maybe I should have just advised him to get complete lv6 Brooch Jewels, +10 PvE Light, Rulers, etc, etc......

I few points to re-enforce my argument:

Let me first say that if the OP only followed my primary advice of exchanging his +12 Bloody Fist and +6 r99 for Enhanced Shadows w/Tyrr, +8 Bless r95, and 15% CD or 70 Ele Aug (zero expenditure) he WOULD kill faster in Kama and out of Kama. +12 Bloody's aren't exponentially better than a pair of Enhanced Shadows with 3rd SA. In fact without the correct complimentary gear, they actual nerf your damage in some ways compared to Shadows. Let me explain:

In GoD all 100+ mobs base element defense was raised to 500~ (higher when a specific ele is mentioned in the description). So, to reach NEUTRAL damage (no ele bonus or nerf) you need at least 500 Ele Attack. If you are 20-30 off it's unnoticeable but if you are 100+ off.....well you are taking a huge damage penalty. So at 360/390 you are taking a real hit. Just for further consideration, you need 30% more ele attack than targets defense to hit max ele bonus (roughly 700).

In this chronicle the priority has shifted, instead of Crit Dmg > P.Attack > Ele Attack we are now at Crit Dmg > Ele Attack > P.Attack.

My goal was to get you to 500~ Ele Attack, 500 Crite Rate, 1500 Attack Speed, and max CD modifiers without spending any additional adena. If you can drop 5, 10, 15b+ more into your toon then let us know and I'll make some changes to my advice.

One last thing, Zippy is giving similar advice to mine when he says to loose p.attack to gain crit rate. That is what I am doing on a larger scale with your weapon; sacrifice A to gain X, Y, and Z...... But like I said earlier, he is letting his personal bias overshadow what would be best for YOU.

EDIT: Just so we are clear, my Tyrr was a GK from 102-105 before I switched back to Meastro; I'm currently hero on Chronos but, what do I know about Tyrrs.......
Old 07-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #14
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
I hate losing a gamble, so I don't bank on clearing an instance on a god buff. But that's me. I agree it's a huge increase I get it, but to base ur success on chance like that? I'm not into it.
The only thing you told him to do was upgrade his set from 6+ to 8+, so I just wonder then.. how does that increase his damage?
But you're right, relying on X or Y to complete something is obviously not the best route to take, but it is an easy one.. and once he does reach 101 he will be able to skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
EDIT: Just so we are clear, my Tyrr was a GK from 102-105 before I switched back to Meastro; I'm currently hero on Chronos but, what do I know about Tyrrs.......
It has nothing to do with tyrrs, but with general knowledge.
I was only hero for 2 years constant, but what do I know about the game..
And, im not telling him to drop any adena into his char at all, he already mention he have 3x 8+ R95 parts, he could sell his 6+ R99 set and get those to finish his set, and then he wouldnt even need to touch anything else on his char.
Unless STR+Critical rate cost several billions on his server, which I doubt it does?

I just went from 550 attribute down to 400 (or from 400 up to 550 if you will) and my damage on monsters went up approx 15%, as this is similar to OPs stats, it is pretty safe to assume he will see an increase of 15% damage if he went up 150 attribute, As I did, correct?
I never said you're wrong there, fact is attribute attack does matter quite a bit.
But here is the thing..

OP trading his PVE fists would lose
15% PVE damage
7% critical damage
8.4% SS bonus damage
5% P. Atk
= All multiplied together = 40% damage increase.
I assume he have minimum lv. 5 kain crystals, but if he have lv. 6 or higher the boost is even higher.
*Note that im not including the actual P. Atk increase you would get from 200ish P. Atk on weapon stat, as I dont know how much it will increase your P. Atk, but im sure you would lose atleast 15% P. Atk, so assuming 15% P. Atk, the actual increase would be
= 61% damage increase.

Using same thing for enhanced weapon, he would gain;
10% PVE damage
5% Critical damage
10% P. Atk
150 dark attribute (using my example, 15%)
= all multiplied together = 46% damage increase.

Even if you add the tyrr SA you will not reach the same increase as PVE fists, and as such, you will not reach the same damage.
Not to mention you just assume OP will receive a nice augment, augmenting is very costly these days..
Not saying it is a bad weapon, but there is a reason it is cheaper than bloody fighters.

Not here to fight or argue but to help OP, if I'm wrong you are more than welcome to debunk my 150 attribute = 15% damage, as I said above I just tested it, but perhaps I made a mistake somewhere

Last edited by Znipoo; 07-03-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #15
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Quote:
The only thing you told him to do was upgrade his set from 6+ to 8+, so I just wonder then.. how does that increase his damage?
But you're right, relying on X or Y to complete something is obviously not the best route to take, but it is an easy one.. and once he does reach 101 he will be able to skip it.

It has nothing to do with tyrrs, but with general knowledge.
....... it has everything to do with Tyrrs because he is a Tyrr and different classes utilize different gear/setups/strategies to maximize their potential.

Why not add the effects on Tyrr SA? It was part of my suggestion and it further lowers the gap between the weapons. Why not assume that he WILL get 15% CD or +70 Ele with the extra 5b+ he will have left over. The likelihood that he will get either of those two augs with 5b is VERY, VERY high.

Why not address the damage value of 500 Crit Rate? Hell, you suggested he nerf his P.Attack to add 50 crit rate which STILL won't get him to 500.....seriously? Not to mention the fact that he should switch to Exalted Tiara as soon as he gets it.

The great thing about Enhanced Shadow Weaps is that they max out crit rate / attack speed and immediately boost you to neutral ele damage. The value of this for non-stacked players should be obvious. It allows him/her to tinker with other areas of their toon too maximize damage.

Additionally, I recommended he run Rare Acc packs which he could either buy off the market with extra money from selling Bloody Fist or buy from L2 Store for $50. So there is that too (to correct your assessment of my post). Maximizing crit rate will make the crit dmg modifiers from Lindy, Tauti, Earth Wyrm, and B Vala (crit dmg as a factor of p.attack) even greater.... or am I wrong......

Tyrrs are a white damage class so, going back to my earlier post, the order of importance should be as follows:

Critical Damage > Elemental Attack > P.Attack

Guess what, that is what I am arguing for; boost crit rate (for max crit damage) and boost element attack.

You are literally arguing the opposite......

Bloody Fist (P.Attack) > crit dmg/ele attack
Old 07-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #16
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
....... it has everything to do with Tyrrs because he is a Tyrr and different classes utilize different gear/setups/strategies to maximize their potential.
Look, its quite simple and I wont argue with you from this point forward, you are stuck on your side and I am stuck on mine.

10% more damage from P. Atk is the same as 10% more damage from attribute attack.
What on earth is the problem here?
I showed you how I came to my conclusion, and you cant just assume he will get +15% critical damage augment, even with +70 attribute his enhanced would probably still not reach the PVE weapon (i did not take into account his augment there)

About critical rate, a pair of 8+ blessed leggings and a clan with full clan skills (squad too) will max his critical rate.
Is not like its a secret formula how to get +500 critical rate, I just did not want to force him to join X clan or do Y things, farming all clan rep to get skills etc, i provided a quick fix to his problem without forcing him to spend money in the game or sell off all/most of his gear.

I dont see why you're so stuck up about it, but I suppose you dont like being told how to play, thats cool. like I said im not here to argue, so lets agree to disagree.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #17
AAZ
Tainted Zombie

AAZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Daishuks trying to tell Znipo how to play L2? Please, my sides hurt from laughing. Daishuks cant even play an evis properly so Im gonna go out on a limb here and say its the same for GK.

His experience in PvE? "Let me know when to SoS, Graven".

Hi Znipo ^^ Havent seen you since I played Magmeld
AAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #18
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Quote:
Look, its quite simple and I wont argue with you from this point forward, you are stuck on your side and I am stuck on mine.

I dont see why you're so stuck up about it, but I suppose you dont like being told how to play, thats cool. like I said im not here to argue, so lets agree to disagree.
You called my advice "crazy" and you wonder why that would illicit a firm response? Really?

And I'm the one who is stuck up? I disagree with you but I didn't disparage your advice.

Also, in his case switching to Shadows will allow him to go +200 on Ele attack (when he finishes exalted) w/o sacrificing crit rate (your hair acc advice).

But I guess we can agree to disagree from here on out.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #19
Daishuks
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAZ View Post
Daishuks trying to tell Znipo how to play L2? Please, my sides hurt from laughing. Daishuks cant even play an evis properly so Im gonna go out on a limb here and say its the same for GK.

His experience in PvE? "Let me know when to SoS, Graven".

Hi Znipo ^^ Havent seen you since I played Magmeld
I stayed out of it once rodah and znippo got going into my details I was just tying to give him a general idea, they have a much better idea. I'm sill learning too sniffo, no need to be mean all the time, take a chill pill
Old 07-03-2017, 06:17 PM   #20
Vendetta
Elpy

Thanks for all the responses :-) I appreciate all opinions. I am in a clan with all skills as well. I also forgot to add I have +6 shiny shirt and +6 physical defense shirt I use as well. I plan on buying the divine pack with rare accessory pack until 101 at least then i'll try without just to see. I am selling my extra jewels and kelbim dagger I forgot I had on another char (still keeping the ones I have for a little bit) I think I will have about 10b adena to use that should finish my +8 r95 set, before selling my +6 r99 set with +8 gaiters or my current jewels. I'm not looking for any crazy times just wanna be able to finish for now then slowly improve from there. I have played the game casually forever but never had any experience with doing any decent damage. But, not looking to spend huge money either.