Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Fan Site News

Login

Fan Site News Fan Sites may share news and announcements here with the community.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #21
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Player Spotlight: Linnda

yeah nice interviews, been reading them for awhile and it's kinda cool to see some things never change

doubt many ppl would want to read about me but I guess I would answer questions if asked as I tend to do so often enough be that ingame or on forums ^^"

btw I think a good suggestion for a spotlight would be Smittie as he has a nice way with words and from what I know plays quite dedicated for a long time as well.

ps, ppl should just visit the l2rpa site if only for reading the random quotes as those are often quite funny
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #22
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

poor Smittie/notSmittie anymore...

would make for an interesting interview.
unlike some of the more boring forum people...

i would say try and interview one of those crazy clan leaders out there with aspirations for L2 World domination.
not the top clans... those leaders are just programs behind a computer screen to keep them logged for clan advent... i mean the crazy clan leaders.
thinking they can make a difference.
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #23
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
yeah nice interviews, been reading them for awhile and it's kinda cool to see some things never change

doubt many ppl would want to read about me but I guess I would answer questions if asked as I tend to do so often enough be that ingame or on forums ^^"

btw I think a good suggestion for a spotlight would be Smittie as he has a nice way with words and from what I know plays quite dedicated for a long time as well.

ps, ppl should just visit the l2rpa site if only for reading the random quotes as those are often quite funny
Ppl tell me im not a nice person >.<

Thank you Draecke, warms my heart.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #24
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgitTheClown View Post
poor Smittie/notSmittie anymore...

would make for an interesting interview.
unlike some of the more boring forum people...

i would say try and interview one of those crazy clan leaders out there with aspirations for L2 World domination.
not the top clans... those leaders are just programs behind a computer screen to keep them logged for clan advent... i mean the crazy clan leaders.
thinking they can make a difference.
can u name a few crazy clan leaders, so one can avoid them?

I think I know a few, but one can never be too sure
Old 04-13-2014, 02:17 AM   #25
Bystacur
Dark Lord

Bystacur is on a distinguished road

Wait wait... i got it.

I want to nominate notimetocry.
Bystacur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #26
Lineage
Grave Predator

Lineage is on a distinguished road

A bunch of forum trolls.....*cough*.... pals i wanted to say, nominate each other, and then they come here and post replies like:

"Aaaah, <3", "What a great interview... "

and trade reputation points.

What is the great thing about Linda's interview?

She told us that her father learned her to play a video game, so that guy could get some free time for his job, instead of having nursing her.

She also told us that she like Heine with the boats and bridges? And that is is so bored and overwhelmed from the game, that she doesn't has anything else to do than raise an army of alts log them everyday in towns.

A find the interview horrific, from the side of the guy who makes those "copy-paste" questions and from the side of that Linda who haven't "wake up" yet and spend some quality time of her self, and try out a modern MMO of the year 2014.

I nominate "W1soi" and "socketka" and please this time don't copy-paste the same boring questions.

PS And for God's shake, don't see the above as personal attack to your ego, is for your own good, and i believe i speak to adults.
Lineage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #27
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Those "copy-paste" questions make the interviews comparable, although the answers will of necessity be also pretty much "copy-paste". Some things never change, as Draecke put it. Many of the older players will orginally have been attracted to the game by the graphics, many of those who started to play in the later Chronicles will have heard of the open world PvP.

You do have a point though. The interviews could be more "customized" if Jay kept sending back fresh questions based on what people answered to his original list. Let's say Smittie mentions that he is in a relatively big clan, then I would ask back whether that's a PvE or PvP clan, whether they are contending for castles. Jay could also mention that he has noticed on the forum that Smittie has a vast knowledge about raid mechanics (which he is sharing, so from an objective point of view Smittie is a nice person ^^ ); obvious questions would be about regular clan raids, constant parties, loot distribution rules in the clan ...

Of couse sending back and forth such follow-up questions will take many weeks, but since this is just a hobby for us all, there is no need to rush. No deadline to be met
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #28
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineage View Post
A find the interview horrific, from the side of the guy who makes those "copy-paste" questions and from the side of that Linda who haven't "wake up" yet and spend some quality time of her self, and try out a modern MMO of the year 2014.

PS And for God's shake, don't see the above as personal attack to your ego, is for your own good, and i believe i speak to adults.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm trying to find a way to make the interviews more unique to each player, so using the feedback I get here (and from Yidao) I will try to customize each a bit more.

Since my target is one interview per month, I think I can take a bit more time to work them out.

Thanks again!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #29
Brosh187
Remnant Diabolist

Brosh187 will become famous soon enoughBrosh187 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
Ppl tell me im not a nice person >.<

That's part of your charm. I second the nomination for Smittie.

Signed,
"Nonfactor" :-P
Brosh187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #30
Brosh187
Remnant Diabolist

Brosh187 will become famous soon enoughBrosh187 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
"copy-paste" questions

I personally find the interview format perfect. This way, you can get different takes on the same subjects. Also, if it were much longer, it would lose a lot of people. Short and sweet interview, with the length of it entirely up to the interviewed player. This way the interview will only be as entertaining/informative as the player makes it.

If it were to have a more "personal" touch added (ie: direct question to the interviewed player), that would be a nice addition. But if it is to be a new addition, it's only fair that the other previously done interviews also got the question as well, and their interviews get updated and bumped.

Signed,
"Nonfactor" lol
Brosh187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #31
kapy1994
Grave Predator

kapy1994 will become famous soon enough

I nominate! VALI! hue hue
kapy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #32
ViaAgnis
Thunder Wyrm

ViaAgnis is on a distinguished road

I nominate BigBubbles! He/She (sorry not sure on your gender) seems like quite the person, and has stoped playing quite a long time ago, just interested in a differant point of view.
ViaAgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #33
Vali
Support Manager

Vali will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapy1994 View Post
I nominate! VALI! hue hue
Vali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #34
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice
Talking Re: Player Spotlight: Linnda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali View Post
That's right... I'll be coming for you soon, Vali! Juji too!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #35
GreenIssPerson
Dark Lord

GreenIssPerson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoster View Post
That's right... I'll be coming for you soon, Vali! Juji too!
Very interested in seeing these!!

Also, as someone above stated, a "retired" player would be cool to read about too!
GreenIssPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #36
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Where to start...hmmm....

Quote:
A bunch of forum trolls.....*cough*.... pals i wanted to say, nominate each other, and then they come here and post replies like:

"Aaaah, <3", "What a great interview... "
"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." -Taken from Wikipedia.

It sounds like you're a troll given the fact you're flinging mud at me and the OP right away. There's a fine line between criticism and trolling. You've drove 90 mph past this line with your first comment here and mocking the only sensible forum users here at L2

Quote:
and trade reputation points.
We don't trade rep. People give it when we're either insightful or funny. If you want to talk about rep-trading talk to the catman, Spudnik of these forums.

Quote:
What is the great thing about Linda's interview?
Absolutely nothing. You fail to see the point of these interviews.

Quote:
She told us that her father learned her to play a video game, so that guy could get some free time for his job, instead of having nursing her.
Actually he wanted to spend time with me through video games since it was very hard for him to find any other relatable topics we both had interest in. Problem was the bills started piling up and my mom couldn't pay for all of them so he went out to find work. I didn't need babysitting. I was 8 and could cook and take care of myself.

Quote:
She also told us that she like Heine with the boats and bridges? And that is is so bored and overwhelmed from the game, that she doesn't has anything else to do than raise an army of alts log them everyday in towns.
This is where our opinions diverge. I said that this area was nostalgic for me because it was so beautiful back in 2005, where the graphics weren't as good as they are now. With Bill Brown's musical composition, Heine was a really pretty place to be.

I don't raise my alts in Heine, I do the normal quest lines like everyone else with Kamaloka and some raids mixed it. Alts are for lower raids so I can raid with friends and clanmates and farm items for adena. Its not like level 99 magically gets you all the adena in the world.

Quote:
You make assumptions here. I've been playing many other MMO's other than L2 (GW2, Tera, Firefall, Blade and Soul, FFXIV, etc.), but L2 is so appealing to me because its nostalgic. I grew up with the game and the game to me is something special. Many people I know in game don't have that same feeling because they've started way after Interlude or Gracia and have not played the game the way I have back in Prelude/Beta when we're were a small and nice community.

If you want to know the extent of my gaming habits I have a PS4, a phat PS3 60 gb, Wii, WiiU, PSVita Slim, 3DS, DSlite, and GBA SP. I also have a Steam Account which I often use to play different titles for fun. I like to travel too. Been to Tokyo, Hamamatsu, Osaka, Seoul, LA, San Fran, Venice, Beijing, Shangahi, and NYC (where I'm currently residing).

Quote:
I nominate "W1soi" and "socketka" and please this time don't copy-paste the same boring questions.
w1soi is a btch and only cried about how broken/unfair the game is. He's been playing since I think Interlude-ish time so he's in the era where heroes became a thing and everyone was bragging about e-p33n back then. socketka on the other hand is an excellent nominee. He actually has valid criticisms and opinions about the game and does not openly whine like a 6 year old on the forum like w1soi. I would actually look forward to an interview from him.

Quote:
I don't see it as a personal attack on my ego, but the way your approached it was rather poor and had no coherent point. It was just angry hot air. Advice for the future:

1.) Better English
2.) Better Rhetoric makes your arguments more convincing and your points more solid. You just sounded like a troll trying to piss off people on this thread.

Also your avatar and signature is mildly offensive. Your avatar provokes flaming while your signature objectifies Asian women.

Hope you have a great day.
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #37
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

He is somewhat correct about the reputation points, some ppl exploited it in the beginning, hence why there is a time limit on it now.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #38
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He is somewhat correct about the reputation points, some ppl exploited it in the beginning, hence why there is a time limit on it now.
Hence why I said he should talk with Spudnik about trading rep and not me Tiff or Peri
Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #39
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Actually it seems to be a post limit, you can't rep twice the same person if you haven't repped many other people in between.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #40
Linnda
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
Actually it seems to be a post limit, you can't rep twice the same person if you haven't repped many other people in between.
Hence why Spudnik and his gank cycled through each other to boost reputation beyond reason. xD

Tags
community, interview, l2rpa, player spotlight