Lineage II Forums  
Old 11-28-2017, 04:00 AM   #1
kanda
Tainted Zombie

kanda is on a distinguished road
Default Just an idea

Hi People, sooo you still play this game huh? Well I come here time by time to read posts and just check by the forum where this game is heading to. Tbh I don't understand anymore what's going on in the game since there is like at least 5 toolbar's full of skills, hundreds of different enchants and other stuff that you have to have and etc. From my point of view (old type l2 player who still loves interlude) this game went from fairly simple and skill based to items based game. Well keeping in mind that NCs made it pay2win is understandable otherwise people who gives the major income and gets the best items but doesn't really work on their playing skills would be really unhappy if they couldn't beat player who has good skill but not as good items. So what actually popped to my mind is that there could be different paths in skill learning way. I mean as you lvl up, you have to choose 1st class, then 2nd class and etc. on that depends what type of character you gonna have. So on top of that when you lvl up at some certain levels you would be able to upgrade your skills for different functions as choosing different class. In that case you would have less useless skills that becomes useless at some point in a game and the same class characters could be still different and depending on what type of path of skill upgrades you choose could make you better pve player on certain mobs or better pvp player for with certain classes. I mean if I am a tank and let's say I choose to upgrade my some attack skills who could give silence with certain chance rate to a mage or could give weak evasion to short range class player or would deal more damage on other tank or archer and etc. etc. So basically that would differentiate same class players not only by items they have but also by what skill path they choose and that would do impact on oly as well. Ofc, the class type skills should be the same such as weaponry mastery or similar. So it's just an idea. It's some thoughts I wanted to share with you people. No need for hate comments but you are welcome to criticize or add something up to this.
kanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanda View Post
this game went from fairly simple and skill based to items based game
Prelude BETA: items > all (okay, this was still rather quick to endgame)
Prelude: items > all
C1: items > all (I believe that's when we got higher grade armor sets with set bonuses)
C2: items > all (SAs like Cheap Shot that made archer PvE so much easier, with others for PvP)
C3: items > all (made a little easier by mammon)
C4: items > all (S grade!)
C5: items > all (new top tier A grade items!)
IL: items >>> all (thanks augmentations)
T1: items >>> all (elemental attributes)

I don't really see any period in the history of L2 where you wouldn't destroy everyone if you had proper gear, especially being archer.
Don't forget, L2 was always a choice based game. Either you pick a weapon or armor or ss/sps/sbsps, can't have more than 1 out of 3 (unless it's your 3rd char for 2/3 or 6th char for 3/3). In any case, topmost tier items were probably only [easily] reachable in the dead end Freya/HF period.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
Pleistoros
Heathen Knight

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bad idea to choose path you want to go but I think they all ready implemented on Ability System.
Ofc, some clases are more versatile then others...and some paths are too good to be changed .

I miss old days when only weapon betrade how strong or weak you are.
Now you see talisman and armor too and if its Insanity and player glow blue...you better bsoe .
Pleistoros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #4
Jackl
Grave Predator

Jackl is an unknown quantity at this point

Game has always been about item progression. Whether it was grinding 30k bone for a "60%" B grade craft, hoping for +15 S grade, the different tiers of S80 ********, or dumping hundred of millions into R grade augments for passive/active reflect.

The difference between now and even as recent as GoD is you could have progressed to a reasonable power level without dumping literal thousands in dollars into the L2store or adena farmers/player cashouts. Previous eras the most I ever spent on L2 was $300 in a single year.

Current L2 you must pay large sums to be even remotely relevant.
Jackl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:24 AM   #5
kanda
Tainted Zombie

I know that Items always been and will be the most important factor when comparing classes or top players. However, there has been always the weak spot that you can use as a certain class to kill OP class with best items. I mean everyone remembers how backstab worked at some point. Also there was always some tactics in a game that would significantly improve the ability to kill another class player who even has the good items. The ability system is ok but it doesn't really improved the character or made it exceptionally good against certain other classes or mobs or whatever. It gave for instance cele, haste and etc. at certain rate but it wasn't in my opinion a game changer.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:01 PM   #6
Tool_of_Society
Thunder Wyrm

Tool_of_Society is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackl View Post
Game has always been about item progression. Whether it was grinding 30k bone for a "60%" B grade craft, hoping for +15 S grade, the different tiers of S80 ********, or dumping hundred of millions into R grade augments for passive/active reflect.

The difference between now and even as recent as GoD is you could have progressed to a reasonable power level without dumping literal thousands in dollars into the L2store or adena farmers/player cashouts. Previous eras the most I ever spent on L2 was $300 in a single year.

Current L2 you must pay large sums to be even remotely relevant.
Indeed for the most part. There were exceptions such as my spellsinger in the early days of the game which could chain sleep better geared and even somewhat higher level characters. Basically sleep,debuff, damage, sleep, damage till they died or you were forced to use the quick casting short ranged high dps skill. Mage classes in general were OP enough to not care much for gear outside of a decent weapon. Then there was MM and daggers...

The good news though was back then you could at least farm for gear and outside of the exceptions such as above you almost always felt like you had a chance. Now unless you spend thousands of real money new players are just one shot as soon as they try to participate in any of the end game pvp stuff. CoC, siege, olympia, etc etc

I'm not really sure what the most amount of $$ I've spent on the game in any particular year. By the time I made the big quit prior to free to play I was paying monthly for four accounts. I played through both betas and quit when the game went live. When I came back within the first month I had two accounts running because buff/mana needs. I then followed the pattern of playing for a few months then quitting for a while.

I stopped buying Nc coins of any amount earlier this year out of protest of the changes being made by NCsoft to force people to spend real money or never advance in a meaningful way. If they decide to give us some drops back and the actual ability to gear up so that I can be two shot instead of one shot I'll go back to financially supporting the game.
Tool_of_Society is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:56 AM   #7
kanda
Tainted Zombie

It seems that still now everything lies on items. That's a bit sad. Long story short, the idea was that the every single player could choose the way his character is developed therefore each player would have his own style of playing and you couldn't learn 100% how to fight other class since you couldn't know what exact skills he has and predict which skills he will be using which would make it harder to fight and you would have to learn to adapt your playing style on the fight. But it's sad to see that everyone is just complaining about how hard and expensive it is to be competitive in an online game and no one even wants to discuss anymore about how the game could be improved in it's dynamics and just talks about the adena and the items. I guess this is beyond repair at this stage