Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Player Guides

Login

Player Guides Players that create guides and collections of game tips can post them here. If you have questions please post in the Player Questions section above!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #1
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Smile The Gear Order of Importance

It's so easy to lose Adena in Lineage2.
Some people make smart choices and get the most of their Adena, while some others lose their Adena rather foolishly.

Lineage2 is a game for sure, but it is a game that is unforgiving for our foolish choices. Once it's done, there is almost no going back. With that being said, I'd like to list the order of item importance in their priority.

1. Weapon + Armor Set
Without a doubt, this should be your #1 priority. Weapon if your class is damage dealer and armor set for Tank, Healer, Iss Enchanters.
I mean what good is Insanity, 7 sign talisman if your weapon is Requiem and Immortal set at LvL 99?
Spend Adena first for your Weapon and Armors. The rest you can fill later.

2. Boss Jewels. There are many Jewels you can buy. Some are cheap while others are ridiculously pricey all because of their rarity.
AQ/AQ Soul + Octavis Warrior for melee & AQ Soul + Istina Wizard rings for Feohs, those are cheap and the most cost effective. If you have Ruler's Ring of Authority and don't have the Bloody Set or the Bloody Weapon, then you are doing some wrong. Sell your Ruler's Ring of Authory and get Weapon + Armor first. Same thing with Blessed Valakas and Lindvior. If you don't have the endgame weapon + armor then you should sell all others and get #1 first.

3. Talisman Loning, Desire, Hellfire
Now we are entering the realm of little things add up. Among all the little things I added to my characters, I think Longing made the difference. Try to have Longing if you can. It's not cheap but good.

4. Shirts: Octavis shirt and Istina shirt I used for over a year on my main before I moved on to elemental shirts. +2 str, +2 int is nice.

5. Jewels. Ruby 4, Dia 4, Saphire 4. I'd like to recommend LvL4s for most players. Get LvL3 as a start and LvL4 when you can. I don't wanna recommend most people to get LvL5...In the worst case scenario, you can be spending thousands of $$$ and end up with LvL4. Personally I've stopped making them after failing 8 x LvL4 compounds. Now, I just buy them when someone luckier than me sells them at reasonable price.

6. 3 x Tattoo. +15 Str for melee(or +Dex if you prefer), +15 Int for Feohs, +15 Con for tank, heal, Iss in most cases.

7. Skill enchants. +10 all main skills for all LvL 99+ I'd like to recommend.

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 08-10-2017 at 05:18 AM.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
KingOfBeasts
Elpy

KingOfBeasts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Gear Order of Importance

nice post for new players, keep up the good work.
KingOfBeasts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post
1. Weapon + Armor Set
Without a doubt, this should be your #1 priority. Weapon if you class is damage dealer and armor set for Tank, Healer, Iss Enchanters.
I mean what good is Insanity, 7 sign talisman if your weapon is Requiem and Immortal set at LvL 99?
Spend Adena first for your Weapon and Armors. The rest you can fill later.
I think this one deserves to get elaborated on a little farther. PvE wise at least.

Know your class and know its potential first. Then think where you want to take it. As a DD yes weapon first, but weapons are limiting things. At 85 you go out and get an Apoc weapon +4, 300 element. That's awesome, and to be honest unless you get a high +++R95 you could prolly stick with Apoc until 99 and be fine. Save up for R99. It can get kind of expensive.

Alternative to to that is shadow weapons. If you are lucky enough to get a +10 shadow weapon that will last you to 99+ fairly easily. Enhance it, augment it with class appropriate Augment and you should be good.

However concerning shadow weapons I personally am hesitant of them. Once you get them upgraded and "perfect" for the condition that you need them to be in they are about equivalent to a +10 Bloody weapon of the same type. Which don't get me wrong for a Sub 100 toon is perfect, but after that there is no room for improvement. Which is why I prefer R99 equipment over shadow/tauti/kelbim weapons. They can only be upgraded so far, with R99 literally the sky is the limit.

Standard r99 offers little advantage over the aforementioned weapons however once you start to upgrade them through daily coin/bloody weapon stone/enchanting/Sa's/Augments they can outshine those other weapons 2-3x fold. I prefer to have room to grow my weapons as my toon grows, not be stuck with a mediocre weapon for my level.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:55 PM   #4
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
I think this one deserves to get elaborated on a little farther. PvE wise at least.

Know your class and know its potential first. Then think where you want to take it. As a DD yes weapon first, but weapons are limiting things. At 85 you go out and get an Apoc weapon +4, 300 element. That's awesome, and to be honest unless you get a high +++R95 you could prolly stick with Apoc until 99 and be fine. Save up for R99. It can get kind of expensive.

Alternative to to that is shadow weapons. If you are lucky enough to get a +10 shadow weapon that will last you to 99+ fairly easily. Enhance it, augment it with class appropriate Augment and you should be good.

However concerning shadow weapons I personally am hesitant of them. Once you get them upgraded and "perfect" for the condition that you need them to be in they are about equivalent to a +10 Bloody weapon of the same type. Which don't get me wrong for a Sub 100 toon is perfect, but after that there is no room for improvement. Which is why I prefer R99 equipment over shadow/tauti/kelbim weapons. They can only be upgraded so far, with R99 literally the sky is the limit.

Standard r99 offers little advantage over the aforementioned weapons however once you start to upgrade them through daily coin/bloody weapon stone/enchanting/Sa's/Augments they can outshine those other weapons 2-3x fold. I prefer to have room to grow my weapons as my toon grows, not be stuck with a mediocre weapon for my level.
Thanks for the elaboration. I think you have a good point here.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
Snoweternals
Elpy

Snoweternals is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for posting all helpful thread to help new lineage2 players find their objective. This not only helps them build up interest with this game, also helps them achieve their goal.
Snoweternals is offline   Reply With Quote