Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Dev Corner

Login

Dev Corner Questions and answers from the people behind the scenes of Lineage II. Only mods can start threads in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #41
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave

Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: State of Lineage II, June 16th, 2009

Welcome Lyzira and congrats to all on the move to Seattle - moving across the country sucks (did it a few times) so I know your pain.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #42
Armenua
Beleth's Slave

Armenua has a spectacular aura about themArmenua has a spectacular aura about them

Yah, now they can all be as depressed as the rest of us here cuz there's never any sun, even in summer!!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #43
Dr. Wongburger
Elpy

Dr. Wongburger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Greetings!

I wanted to take some time to address some concerns that have been expressed over the last couple of months, a State of Lineage II Address, if you will.

The last few months have been very difficult times for the Lineage II Team. We have had some company reorganization and have all been relocated to Seattle during this time, so it has been challenging to keep our day to day operations at the high standard we all strive for. The launch of Gracia Final and the continued monthly events were tasks that seemed impossible to complete on schedule. However, with a lot of hard work from all of our team members, we were able to keep these things on schedule. Even with this, I know not everything has worked out as I had hoped. The cancellation of our original plan to overhaul the website and the lack of constant forum moderation are two examples of things that I wish could have been different. We sincerely apologize for these inconveniences and thank you very much for all of your patience.

Marissa “Moxie” Mcwaters has fully transitioned from the Austin office and is now fully available for her duties here in Seattle. I have more good news today!

Lauren “Lyzira” Duncan has joined the Lineage II team as our Community Manager! Lyzira has a history of community experience and is joining us after spending the last year with the Exteel and Lineage communities. She has been with NCsoft for over 2 years and has prior Quality Assurance experience. She has a long history of MMO experience both as a player and in the industry. We believe she will be a tremendous asset to the Lineage II community and to the Lineage II Team as a whole.

Please know that not everything is going to be updated and changed in a short period of time, but these things are priorities for us, so they will be in good time.

Blah, blah, blah

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Every post from GM's is either more and more excuses about why stuff isn't fixed or some links to a BS interview where you're stroking off the fanbase with tales about your "priorities" and "plans" that won't see fruition for 3-4 years. You guys have always taken your sweet time to even give notice let alone give a straight-forward answer on ANY real or pressing topic that's presented on the forums. And God forbid you do take notice to anything we have to say, because then it's either a quick padlock or you create an "IGNORE" thread in the nether regions of the forum and ask us to post all complaints there.

Sadly Omega, you don't have to tell us that not everything's going to be changed or updated in a short period of time. Hell we're used to that. It's business as usual as far as we're concerned. Why don't you create posts about the mating habits of the Kodiak Marmoset? It would be just about as useful here as all your other posts.

BTW...

Welcome to L2 forums Lyzira.

Try to stand out from your colleagues.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #44
Armenua
Beleth's Slave

Armenua has a spectacular aura about themArmenua has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikobe View Post
To remind to ncsoft than the bots are the main problem of L2

And if every complaint mean than ncsoft will ban some bots, it is mean than is good idea to turn every thread into a bot thread
There is something of truth to the saying "beating a dead horse".

If you don't think that they know that botting is a problem and that we as a community is outraged by it, they are one huge dumb group of people. And the obsession with the outrage about the bots does absolutely nothing to alleviate the problem.

I'm with Trensharo here. Stop turning every single thread into a bot thread. Have a little dignity. Jeez.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #45
Lyzira
Retired Community Manager

Lyzira will become famous soon enoughLyzira will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconek View Post
Hello Lyzira!
For a beginning you can start with updating crafting recipes section on the website, cause ATM it is useless. It will be a good start
So on Monday I'll start looking for website feedback so I can get an idea of what needs to be addressed first

Thank you all for the kind welcome Now I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #46
vikobe
Imperial Warlord

vikobe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armenua View Post
There is something of truth to the saying "beating a dead horse".

If you don't think that they know that botting is a problem and that we as a community is outraged by it, they are one huge dumb group of people. And the obsession with the outrage about the bots does absolutely nothing to alleviate the problem.

I'm with Trensharo here. Stop turning every single thread into a bot thread. Have a little dignity. Jeez.
Ok you suggest just close our mouth and have false hope than gm will hunt the bots

Good for you if you like be spanked in silence, but i am not you, so if i see than the situation of my server going bad i will complaint, good for you if you prefer close your mouth and let the bots control your server

And wathever i dont expect something about a cardinal 83 in bartz

Last edited by vikobe; 06-20-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #47
Lord Chaos
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Lord Chaos has a spectacular aura about themLord Chaos has a spectacular aura about themLord Chaos has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzira View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm really excited to be here and can't wait to become a part of this community and get to know you all better. I've known the Lineage II team since we were all back in Austin and I am so happy to be working with such an awesome group of people.
Hey Lyzira, welcome to the L2 team!

You have a heavy mantle to life from Alyra, but I hope you can wear it well

So whats your secret? Your join date says November last year, heh.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #48
MalaSuczka
Imperial Warlord

MalaSuczka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there ;-)
Welcome to our community i hope you find your place with us :-)
Can you tell us something about yourself :P

Have a great weekend too cause from monday hard work is waiting :P
Old 06-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #49
Draconz
Beleth's Slave

Draconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So on Monday I'll start a thread looking for website feedback so I can get an idea of what needs to be addressed first

Well a whole new webpage would be needed. The site is really out of date and also not up to date. Saw the korean web site? yes? so you know what i am talking about
Old 06-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #50
Eldar
Tainted Zombie

Eldar is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forums and I wish you good luck.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #51
oXo
Grave Predator

oXo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So on Monday I'll start a thread looking for website feedback so I can get an idea of what needs to be addressed first

Don't bother. Look at the korean site. Deliver. That simple.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #52
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ok you suggest just close our mouth and have false hope than gm will hunt the bots
read the post, you absolute tool.

Armenua, JUST LIKE EVERYONE, is ****** about the botting. but MORE than that, what people are TIRED of seeing is complaint posts about botting.

the issue is not whether you or anyone else botted. lots of people have. but PLEASE stop making posts that complain about it and shout accusations. this statement is what Armenua was trying to convey and not just to YOU but to EVERYONE.

the GM and Dev team KNOW botting is a big deal.

you dont have to keep saying it!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #53
Azrealicus
Imperial Warlord

Azrealicus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Wongburger View Post
Why don't you create posts about the mating habits of the Kodiak Marmoset?
I like where this is going.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #54
TailChaser
Valakas

TailChaser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello everyone!

I'm really excited to be here and can't wait to become a part of this community and get to know you all better. I've known the Lineage II team since we were all back in Austin and I am so happy to be working with such an awesome group of people.
From your avatar I like you already. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop complaining about the things I like to complain about and that's everything.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #55
Xentheous
Remnant Diabolist

Xentheous will become famous soon enoughXentheous will become famous soon enough

Of course you do Azrealicus cause you got a kodiak marmoset in your avatar
Old 06-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #56
DrTulp
Remnant Diabolist

DrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudnik View Post

Armenua, JUST LIKE EVERYONE, is ****** about the botting. but MORE than that, what people are TIRED of seeing is complaint posts about botting.

the issue is not whether you or anyone else botted. lots of people have. but PLEASE stop making posts that complain about it and shout accusations. this statement is what Armenua was trying to convey and not just to YOU but to EVERYONE.

Well Spud its like this. I know that You, Trenn, and Arme have never botted but when you guys say don't talk about Bots ...NC know.. they don't have to be reminded.... it seems like you want to sweep it under the rug.

If its under the rug...NC will think gee we don't have to do anything cause nobody is complaining therefor the customer base is happy. Now lets see if we can create some more hair accessories for the girls in the game. Maybe a few rainbow now and again.

When there is a real issue that needs addressing people shouls do something about it.

My attitude is if you don't like to read the justifiable complaints about botting please don't read them.

This is a free country founded on many principles. One of them is free speach. People have made the supreme sacrifice in order that evryone in this country has an opportunity to voice their opinion.
After having voiced my opinion if nothing gets done i can again voice my opinion...as many times as it takes to
1. fix the situation
2. make sure that prospective customers that read the EULAs do not get fooled into thinking that they are being enforced.

For NC's thread deleters and thread lockers. There are no flames in my thread just the truth. It is linear not circular. Yes its the same old, same old that you refuse to fix. Fix the problem i will shut up and hop on my Unicorn and go see whats on the other side of the Rainbow.

Just wanted to add that i too am sick of posting about bots, cheaters , 3rd party programs, Adena sellers. I would like to play the game but when i can't go to a Cata or Nec or Varka etc etc because all the rooms/areas are infested then i may as well spend my time here.

Last edited by DrTulp; 06-20-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #57
Kordesh
Guardian Archangel

Kordesh will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Welcome Aboard.

1 thing that would be a nice addition is:

In the library, when you click on the weapons list, it would be nice to be able to click on the weapon pic & it show you what lvl/color crystal you need to put on that particular SA.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #58
Armenua
Beleth's Slave

Quote:

Good for you if you like be spanked in silence, but i am not you, so if i see than the situation of my server going bad i will complaint, good for you if you prefer close your mouth and let the bots control your server

And wathever i dont expect something about a cardinal 83 in bartz
First of all, I consider spanking a private affair and would never drag it into the public eye ....

2nd of all, every single thread is not the opportunity to spew your hate for botting. This is why I suggested a forum for bot reports and complaints. That way, other discussion threads could actually have a life and not end up like this one is rapidly becoming.

I don't care for bots anymore than the next guy. But I also know that being consumed with that obsession ruins one's game just as much as the existence of them. Just chill. Stop being an evangelist. There are places for that... and every single ******* thread on this forum is NOT IT!!! And YES I AM 83. I WORKED HARD FOR IT. IT"S MINE. IF YOU ARE ENVIOUS GET OUT THERE AND DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE AND STOP ACCUSING ME OF YOUR FANTASIES.

PS Wow, Spud. I'm touched You are a champion !! haha

PPS @ My Buddy Tulp. omg ****. You think it is swept under the rug? I have a good opthomalogist for you. By the same token, I have free speech as well. And I am tired,.. so tired... of this forum becoming a useless bot-complaint infestation. Although, I agree, more active GM ingame supervision would definitely handle the problem.

Last edited by Armenua; 06-20-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #59
vikobe
Imperial Warlord

vikobe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudnik View Post

Is your problem if you tired about peoples complaint about bot, you tired i complaint against the bots, but you dont look tired about bot themselve

Armenua quote me, no oxo
Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #60
gatompalo
Banned

gatompalo will become famous soon enough

Everyone,please realax........it is just a game,with negatives and positives issues.

Say a "Hello" to someone who came here to try help the people who play this game

Welcome.
Closed Thread