Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Dev Corner

Login


Dev Corner Questions and answers from the people behind the scenes of Lineage II. Only mods can start threads in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Lyzira
Retired Community Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 907
Lyzira will become famous soon enoughLyzira will become famous soon enough
Default Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Greetings to all Lineage II players!

It has been a very busy year for us here at NCsoft West and our executive producer would like to take the time to address our communities today. Let me introduce to you Lance "CaptSturm" Stites who is the head of NCsoft West's Game Production Studio here in Seattle. Lance has been focused on team building and preparation for the upcoming launch of Aion but he is an NCsoft veteran, as many of you Lineage players may know.

Lance is here to talk to you about what has been going on here at the studio and what we have in store for all of our game communities. Thank you Lance!

*Please note, this letter is directed to all of our communities collectively*
Lyzira is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
CaptSturm
NCsoft
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2
CaptSturm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Greetings and salutations,

It’s been just over three months since I’ve settled into the Seattle office, and I must say it’s been an incredibly busy 100 days. The restructuring has resulted in the staffing of the NCsoft West Game Production Studio, which, as previously mentioned is tasked with supporting the Lineage and Aion franchises, as well as Exteel. At this point I’d like to pause and address the wider audience of all of the products supported by our NCsoft West Game Production Studio: Lineage, Exteel, Lineage II, and Aion.

Our major release with Lineage II on the North American 5 year anniversary was a big accomplishment on April 28. This was Producer Sam Han’s first launch at the helm of this project. His many years as Associate Producer and Customer Service experience with the project served him well. Sam and team are currently in planning stages for the upcoming months. Recent additions to the team include Assistant Producer Marissa McWaters and Community Manager Lauren Duncan.

With Lineage and Exteel, we welcome a new face via our European and Korean office. Hyunah Chun will be taking the lead of both projects as Producer. Hyunah will be in transition mode while she relocates to the Seattle office from the European office. We’ll continue working with the existing Lineage team to deploy weekly maintenance, events and also work to deliver our next big update. We are also working to update Exteel with the latest content from Korea. While we are making every effort to deliver timely updates, our resources are being stretched supporting existing and upcoming projects.

Of course, all eyes are currently on our next big release: Aion. We have some staff announcements of the team that will lead this project through launch. Brian Knox has been functioning as the project’s Producer for the past few months and is doing a fantastic job. He’s wrangling all the production elements and working with the various teams to ensure a top quality product and service. Supporting him in this role is Chris Hager, recently transiting from the Lineage II team. Chris is ensuring Quality Assurance support, age ratings submissions, beta tests, coordination with IT teams for server and software deployments, and host of other support issues. Adding to this leadership is Lani Blazier, whom I am happy to report has transitioned from Community Manager to Associate Producer. Lani will continue to support the community effort, but from the production standpoint and will provide guidance to our other Community Managers, Martin Rabl and Sebastian Streiffert. We’re interviewing for the French Community Manager position; I’m personally well aware of the enthusiastic French gamer community, having witnessed the Festival du Jeu in Paris of last year, so I do consider this a priority addition to the team.

I know that many fans are extremely anxious, impatient even, awaiting the release of Aion. I can assure you the team is fully engaged in the release of this product. We’ve got an army of creative writers generating an enormous amount of rewrites as we execute to our total commitment of quality of content. Our Localization Manager has vendors in place, keeping pace with the French and German translation. We’re actively recruiting an additional native German speaking localization Project Manager and have added QA Testers (native French and German speaking) to the Seattle office. We’ve got Voice Over recordings underway (of course for all three languages) and our PR and Marketing teams are releasing the hounds and you’ve likely seen the articles on class descriptions hit the internet. We also have tutorial videos in production, this should provide a great Aion first experience, both to novice and experience MMO players. We’ve shared details of our Collector’s Edition recently, our first public access beta event was very well received, and we’ll continue these events through our launch. We’ll have a flood of information in the upcoming days and invite you all to share the experience as Aion takes flight in North America and Europe this fall.

Faith and arms,
Lance Stites
Executive Producer, Game Production Studio
NCsoft West
CaptSturm is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
_Parsul_
Grave Predator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 437
_Parsul_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Welcome to Lineage Community!

but.... ermm sorry, who cares about Aion? Isn't it L2 community here??? I can't understand why you make advertising of Aion in Lineage 2 Forums.
Please tell us what we can expect in the future for Lineage 2. Better Support? Harder Fight against Botters? More new events? Fixes of Connection Problems (lags, DCs).

This is stuff you can make us happy with, but not Aion. Sorry...
__________________
[url="http://www.lineageii.de"]LineageII.de[/url]
German L2-Community

Last edited by _Parsul_; 06-25-2009 at 05:57 PM.
_Parsul_ is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
XelliB
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 779
XelliB will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Thanks for the update but you're mistaking our forum for an Aion forum. How about letting us know about the issue's your adressing for the L2 community? Or is this your polite way of saying all attention is turning to Aoin and things in L2 are just gonna drag along?
XelliB is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
Rosalina
Guardian Archangel
 
Rosalina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 987
Rosalina is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Any roadmap for L2 in the background of the Aion push?
Or if any staff are actually staying behind to continue the game?...

Lyzira; ty for the new forum area; I hope it will help us understand more whats going on in the background.
Rosalina is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
batts
Goblin Lord
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 34
batts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Thank you for the update and welcome to the team. We are awaiting more information with regards to where you plan to take lineage 2 itself.
batts is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
__Terry__
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,855
__Terry__ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Yes good thing this new area, except for the first post showing that ncsoft is only thinking about aion atm...
__Terry__ is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
washtak
Beleth's Slave
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Teon
Posts: 3,542
washtak has a spectacular aura about themwashtak has a spectacular aura about themwashtak has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalina View Post
Any roadmap for L2 in the background of the Aion push?
You mean botmap?
washtak is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #9
Kaph
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Omnipresente
Posts: 57
Kaph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

you cant be serious talking about aion on l2 official board >.<

you can try as hard as you want, you can never replace lineage 2 without copying it :> plus, faction game sux

now, back to l2...
Kaph is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #10
Armenua
Beleth's Slave
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WA=Wet/Cold Hell
Posts: 3,265
Armenua has a spectacular aura about themArmenua has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Ofc the lion's share of the attention is on Aion, you guys, get real. And it's also discussed here because many, many L2 players will be playing Aion, imo. I, for one, am going to try it out.

But it does smack a little to flaunt the attention when it is painfully obvious that L2 has become the red-haired child in the process, as it is so in need of attention and care.

Hope all things go smoothly, especially so attention can be re-routed back here and things that need to be taken care of do.

Thanks for the new forum area.

Does this mean that we will be getting more information about the developer's plans and have input to that? That would be nice too.
Armenua is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #11
ZolteR
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,000
ZolteR will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

With all the respect, but no one cares about Aion. Now focus in L2 please, thank you.
ZolteR is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #12
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Imperial City
Posts: 3,422
Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

I for one welcome our new Overlord and maybe we will see more of his postings.
Cabbie is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
Trensharo
Valakas
 
Trensharo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bartz
Posts: 5,461
Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

And they wonder why people are bitter and rude...
Trensharo is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
Listof
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 1,743
Listof will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

I assume that this was a general letter sent out to all NCsoft games/gamers. I don't really care to look up if it's posted on the other game's forums, but that's what I'm assuming.

But even if that is the case, understanding that it was a general letter meant to encompass all the NCsoft games, I still think it's annoying to have the whole thing full of AION. I mean what, you want us all just to quit and go play AION? Cuz that's what it sounds like!

Take a few minutes and write a dedicated letter to the Lineage II community! And if you don't have time for that, then don't bother! Customer service for goodness sakes! We don't pay you $15 a month for AION (yet anyway), we pay for L2! This letter makes me feel like I'm paying for a game I don't even plan on playing!
Listof is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #15
CaptSturm
NCsoft
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2
CaptSturm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Sure, I can manage that. As you surmised, this was an open letter to all the players of the games supported by the Game Production Studio. As head of the GPS, I manage all the product's Producers.

To be clear, Lineage II has a Producer and AP, along with Community, QA, and CS dedicated to its service. It's common with any studio that an upcoming release takes a lion's share of attention in supporting the release--it's not a slight in any way. (I spent a fair chunk of my afternoon in L2 meetings.)

Best regards,
CaptSturm is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Imperial City
Posts: 3,422
Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSturm View Post
(I spent a fair chunk of my afternoon in L2 meetings.)
And what was said in those meeting, huh huh huh????

Kidding!!!!!
Cabbie is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #17
Xentheous
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GTA - ON Canada
Posts: 1,748
Xentheous will become famous soon enoughXentheous will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Yes yes ... we demand podcast l2 meetings hehe ty for the update on the total front.
Xentheous is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #18
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14,502
Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSturm View Post
Greetings and salutations,

It’s been just over three months since I’ve settled into the Seattle office, and I must say it’s been an incredibly busy 100 days. The restructuring has resulted in the staffing of the NCsoft West Game Production Studio, which, as previously mentioned is tasked with supporting the Lineage and Aion franchises, as well as Exteel. At this point I’d like to pause and address the wider audience of all of the products supported by our NCsoft West Game Production Studio: Lineage, Exteel, Lineage II, and Aion.

Our major release with Lineage II on the North American 5 year anniversary was a big accomplishment on April 28. This was Producer Sam Han’s first launch at the helm of this project. His many years as Associate Producer and Customer Service experience with the project served him well. Sam and team are currently in planning stages for the upcoming months. Recent additions to the team include Assistant Producer Marissa McWaters and Community Manager Lauren Duncan.

With Lineage and Exteel, we welcome a new face via our European and Korean office. Hyunah Chun will be taking the lead of both projects as Producer. Hyunah will be in transition mode while she relocates to the Seattle office from the European office. We’ll continue working with the existing Lineage team to deploy weekly maintenance, events and also work to deliver our next big update. We are also working to update Exteel with the latest content from Korea. While we are making every effort to deliver timely updates, our resources are being stretched supporting existing and upcoming projects.

Of course, all eyes are currently on our next big release: Aion. We have some staff announcements of the team that will lead this project through launch. Brian Knox has been functioning as the project’s Producer for the past few months and is doing a fantastic job. He’s wrangling all the production elements and working with the various teams to ensure a top quality product and service. Supporting him in this role is Chris Hager, recently transiting from the Lineage II team. Chris is ensuring Quality Assurance support, age ratings submissions, beta tests, coordination with IT teams for server and software deployments, and host of other support issues. Adding to this leadership is Lani Blazier, whom I am happy to report has transitioned from Community Manager to Associate Producer. Lani will continue to support the community effort, but from the production standpoint and will provide guidance to our other Community Managers, Martin Rabl and Sebastian Streiffert. We’re interviewing for the French Community Manager position; I’m personally well aware of the enthusiastic French gamer community, having witnessed the Festival du Jeu in Paris of last year, so I do consider this a priority addition to the team.

I know that many fans are extremely anxious, impatient even, awaiting the release of Aion. I can assure you the team is fully engaged in the release of this product. We’ve got an army of creative writers generating an enormous amount of rewrites as we execute to our total commitment of quality of content. Our Localization Manager has vendors in place, keeping pace with the French and German translation. We’re actively recruiting an additional native German speaking localization Project Manager and have added QA Testers (native French and German speaking) to the Seattle office. We’ve got Voice Over recordings underway (of course for all three languages) and our PR and Marketing teams are releasing the hounds and you’ve likely seen the articles on class descriptions hit the internet. We also have tutorial videos in production, this should provide a great Aion first experience, both to novice and experience MMO players. We’ve shared details of our Collector’s Edition recently, our first public access beta event was very well received, and we’ll continue these events through our launch. We’ll have a flood of information in the upcoming days and invite you all to share the experience as Aion takes flight in North America and Europe this fall.

Faith and arms,
Lance Stites
Executive Producer, Game Production Studio
NCsoft West
pleased to meet you.

*passes a mug o' goodness*

whatever you do, dont get too bogged down in the pitiful little self-important snobs of this particular forum. for some, this game is all theyve got as an escape and it sure as heck isnt much of an escape, if i may say so.

cheers, man.

if aion is half of what L2 was in Prelude, you'll have a good game.
Spudnik is offline  
Old 06-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #19
XelliB
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 779
XelliB will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

Read the rules Spudnik! Stay on topic! (PS - LOL @ the person with almost 11,000 post count saying "for some, this game is all they've got")
XelliB is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #20
bel
Beleth's Slave
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Far beyond
Posts: 3,810
bel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Executive Producer's Letter to the Community

same old bool....
bel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.