Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Dev Corner

Login

Dev Corner Questions and answers from the people behind the scenes of Lineage II. Only mods can start threads in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #21
DrakkosIV
Beleth's Slave

DrakkosIV is just really niceDrakkosIV is just really niceDrakkosIV is just really niceDrakkosIV is just really nice
Default Re: Q&A with Moxie - Ask-A-Question Thread

Sure, I have a question for you that might give us some insight into who you are.

"Why L2 and why now?"

In short, what went into your decision to take another position with L2 given its status among MMO's and its present age?
Some would say that the game is in decline and that the decline seems to be accelerating lately.

~D~
Old 07-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #22
Leonidar
Antharas

Leonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about them

Is the sittuation about about bots ever gonna change? Are you gonna change the way you handle it as its clairly bad?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #23
ZolteR
Imperial Warlord

ZolteR will become famous soon enough

Question:

Why you guys (staff) don't ban confirmed bots right away? I heard from someone on some forums that some GMs after detecting a bot, simple teleport them to another spot (to die in mobs or something). Did your policy change? Please answer me that, I'm curious.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #24
TwistedRain
Goblin Lord

TwistedRain is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Why is there hardly any publicity and promotions to let the MMO community know about Lineage II and attempt to bring more players into the game?

2. Why are other companies able to lockdown the botting issue a great deal better then what the NCsoft team has done to this point? Why does this continue to be such a huge issue?

3. Why did the number of bans drasticly increase from one year to another? Did the NCsoft team suddenly decide to start caring after that year?

4. What are your personal goals and things you would like to accomplish while being apart of this company?

5. How do you feel about members of the Lineage Community thinking that NCsoft doesn't communicate with its users very well and that some of us feel we're being robbed of our money.

6. What do you think of the competition that Lineage has in the MMO world - such as WoW?

7. What does the team or yourself plan to do to set Lineage apart from it's competitors?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #25
DrTulp
Remnant Diabolist

DrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the rough

Is it true that NC's policy is to delete bot post or move the posts to the LOL technical section..... rather than remove the actual bots.

Do you realize that by doing this it does not eliminate bots from the game but encourages people to bot more ?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave

Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough

1 - What made you decide to work in the MMO industry?
2 - How long have you involved with MMOs?
3 - Boxer, breifs, or commando (yes I know it is off topic, but on our clan forum and when I do interviews, I always ask that question).
Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
unknowndancer
Hungry Spirit

unknowndancer is on a distinguished road

1.What type of paid service you will implement in future updates of Lineage 2?
2.Will color services, which was introduced in Gracia part 2 update, be implemented on NA/EU servers?
3.Due to reorganisation of NC West there was a huge gap between Gracia part 2 and Gracia Final updates. Do you have any plans to reduce time between korean and euro releases of updates?

Last edited by unknowndancer; 07-04-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #28
DrTulp
Remnant Diabolist

DrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the roughDrTulp is a jewel in the rough

I like to box. Currently i use one DD and 4 support toons. These toons are run on The NC Macro System.
My Macros are very simple and i understand that any action that i make while running a Macro could and does interupt them.
However
On the Follow Macro my toons don't necessarily follow...sometimes my toons just stop to follow. Also they consistently get hung up beside trees, rocks ,whatever. ...And sometimes they fall so far behind the main toon that the macro stops working.
On my BD sometimes he only buffs 2 dances not 3...and yes i have enough MP
On my buff Macros where i use a SoES for the 20% chance to get BtB sometimes the staff atuomatically loads sometimes it doesn't.

Will the developers ever fix this system so that it works consistently? Could you make the follow Macro to work like 3rd party people make theirs work?
I know its insignificant but have been patient for 5 years now
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #29
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTulp View Post
I like to box. Currently i use one DD and 4 support toons. These toons are run on The NC Macro System.
My Macros are very simple and i understand that any action that i make while running a Macro could and does interupt them.
However
On the Follow Macro my toons don't necessarily follow...sometimes my toons just stop to follow. Also they consistently get hung up beside trees, rocks ,whatever. ...And sometimes they fall so far behind the main toon that the macro stops working.
On my BD sometimes he only buffs 2 dances not 3...and yes i have enough MP
On my buff Macros where i use a SoES for the 20% chance to get BtB sometimes the staff atuomatically loads sometimes it doesn't.

Will the developers ever fix this system so that it works consistently? Could you make the follow Macro to work like 3rd party people make theirs work?
I know its insignificant but have been patient for 5 years now
boxing a BD takes some precise macrosing. try inserting slight delays between commands, like /delay 0.9 or such. lagging the macro like this makes sure you only fire one dance at a time, in a specific order.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #30
DrTulp
Remnant Diabolist

will try it...thks Spud!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #31
WhyMj
Goblin Lord

WhyMj is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it will take few weeks to answer on all those questions
Anyway i have two questions as well.

1) As someone already asked, are you sending our wishes about how game should look like to Korea? There are a lot of topics with good ideas on this board, but i doubt ncsoft care about it and still we are getting updates, what koreen ppl want.

2) Russian's GMs said on their off board that they would ask ncsoft to make some updates special for russian mentality. Do we have something like that? Or we are getting same game as in Korea.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #32
__Terry__
Remnant Diabolist

__Terry__ will become famous soon enough

What are your responsabilities?
What are your skills for the job?
What is your professional experience with online games?
What is your primary task to acomplish?
Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #33
Draconz
Beleth's Slave

Draconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the roughDraconz is a jewel in the rough

Do we will get NCCoins?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #34
Lyzira
Retired Community Manager

Lyzira will become famous soon enoughLyzira will become famous soon enough

I'm going to leave this thread open over the holiday weekend and then close it on Monday so Moxie can start answering some questions

Thanks folks!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #35
gatompalo
Banned

gatompalo will become famous soon enough

Who delete my post here?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #36
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave

Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousourada View Post
Who delete my post here?
+1 for me being Capt Clue Server... (and expecting this post to be deleted) - the forum mods.....
Old 07-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #37
gatompalo
Banned

gatompalo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
+1 for me being Capt Clue Server... (and expecting this post to be deleted) - the forum mods.....

Not in general.I made a /quote in this thread,and now it is missing
Old 07-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #38
shad0wlf
Purgatory Shadow

shad0wlf is on a distinguished road

For some of us, our creation day was earlier in the year, before the Birthday thing was implimented.
Is it possible for us to get some benefit out of it instead of waiting until next year?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #39
Aconyte
Zaken

Aconyte is a jewel in the roughAconyte is a jewel in the roughAconyte is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: Q&A with Moxie - Ask-A-Question Thread

A few quesions that have been asked since Prelude and never get answered:

1. Do we have a 24/7 active team of live game masters (actually logged in game to patrol the servers)?
- If yes, then why don't they take immediate actions against hordes of bots and fix other game- or server- related issues promptly?
- If no, then why? Is NCNA understaffed? Underpaid?

2. Does the GM team have reliable automated tools to detect the 3rd party program users and record their actions?
- If yes, then why nothing is done against cheaters en masse?
- If no, then... just WHY?
/I'm referring to one of HGMSpam's last messages: "we had to unban a bunch of suspects due to the lack of properly recorded evidence"/

3. Will NCNA ever take a radical step towards enforcing the EULA and do something really significant to eradicate the rampant cheaters (be it mass banning of all botters and ebayers or implementing some kind of botting prevention tool instead of the ludicrous GameGuard)?
- If yes, then when?
- If no, then why? Afraid of losing too many subscriptions?

4. According to players' reports from different parts of the world, NCsoft has not been putting noticeable efforts in promoting and advertising Lineage 2 in North America and Europe (you can just check your local game stores and see); so, it looks like NCsoft is not interested in increasing the number of NA/EU subscribers at all. Is it true?
- If yes, is there a rational explanation to this absurdity?
- If not, where are positive results?

5. We, the players community, are extremely dissatisfied with the absolute lack of constructive communication between us and NCsoft's representatives: as they tend to respond very selectively, on a few "safest" topics only, while the rest of our complaints/suggestions/criticism are blatantly ignored or hushed up (it looks like it's their corporate policy to silently delete critical remarks from message boards instead of impartially discussing the sore points and actually solving the urgent problems). Will this ever change?

Finally: if you are not in the position to answer the aforementioned questions honestly, can you please redirect us to someone who has the competence to do so?

Last edited by Aconyte; 07-05-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #40
Dimmock
Elpy

Dimmock is an unknown quantity at this point

A Couple of Questions Here:
  • Why Do Major Updates Take So Long To Come Our Way?
  • Why are ingame events so simple and not have any depth to them?
  • Why Doesnt NCSoft Promote this game alot more to bring more players in, i.e. TV Campaigns, Retail Campaigns and Internet Campaigns?
Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
moxie, q&a