Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Lillyn
Elpy

Lillyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome

Hi--I just created a trial account--I've never played lineage II before (although I've played other MMOs) and just created my first character on this server. I started in the game and noticed that there was someone else who was beginning. I know that there are not a lot of new chars so I was happy to see someone else. Well, before I could even say anything to them, the talked to me, saying, and I quote:

"You're an a*s"

Now I was confused and asked "me?"--I just started the game 5 seconds ago-how could I have angered someone already?

She said "yes" and I asked "why?" and she said "why not?"

Well, all I can say is thank you so much for the warm welcome to this game It's nice to see new players being treated nicely.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice
Default Re: just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome

Don't let that idiot get you down. There are, sadly, a number of complete tools in this game.

But there are a large number of us who like to see new players, who like to help them and give them a warm welcome.

I am sorry you had that as your entrance to the game, since I know that first impressions matter. If you're still looking to give it a chance, board PM me your name here.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Gecklar
Remnant Diabolist

Gecklar is an unknown quantity at this point

If that happens again let me know who it was and I am sure I can find some toon of mine that doesn't mind going red. Most of the people are decent and nice, you just happened to meet the other people first.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

ShadowFiresKitty is an unknown quantity at this point

=>_<= Beat them with a spoon, what a way to enter the game! That's really mean.

Please don't let that idiot be your only experience in the game, we're not all like that, in fact there's a lot of nice people in this game.

Don't be shy, use your free transports to hop around the main towns. =^_^= Sure there are the jerks out there, but there's nice people too.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Valakas

Rohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to allRohirrim is a name known to all

If it happens again, just take a screenshot of the chat and note the time when it happened.

Then it's 2 ways to report:

1. Go to the support site and submit a new ticket with the screenshot, date and time, your time zone, your location in game, characters involved and a description of what happened.

2. Send a petition in game with a short description, date and time, time zone, location, names (you are limited to 255 characters)

Personally I prefer option 1 since you can include allot more details and a screenshot can tell the GM's allot more than what you are writing them.

If the GM's follows the EULA, it should result in a temporary ban of that player (or permanent in some cases) if the violation is severe enough.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
SimpleZen
Elpy

SimpleZen is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sorry to hear that Lillyn I guess in some respects I was lucky to have returned to L2 back in the first week of August and received nothing but great experiences with everyone I encountered. Every once in awhile, there is bound to be some angry soul that enters an MMO just to vent their frustrations out on another, but I hope you won't let it ruin the rest of your L2 experience. It really is a great MMO and a nice community here on Aria. If you ever need a healer's support or have general questions, feel free to look me up and I'll be happy to do what I can. Although I'm new too, I'm in a great alliance and found a couple good wiki sites I can use to help you out

Good luck and hope to see you around in game
Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 AM   #7
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If it happens again, just take a screenshot of the chat and note the time when it happened.

Then it's 2 ways to report:

1. Go to the support site and submit a new ticket with the screenshot, date and time, your time zone, your location in game, characters involved and a description of what happened.

2. Send a petition in game with a short description, date and time, time zone, location, names (you are limited to 255 characters)

Personally I prefer option 1 since you can include allot more details and a screenshot can tell the GM's allot more than what you are writing them.

If the GM's follows the EULA, it should result in a temporary ban of that player (or permanent in some cases) if the violation is severe enough.
Are you really telling someone to report a player for calling someone an ***?

Seems a bit much for something so little. Doubt the GM's would do anything with that.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #8
Melkhyn
Grave Predator

Melkhyn is on a distinguished road

It seems you've encountered the dark side of L2 first! ^^
Dont worry, most of us are pretty gentle, up to let you take our spot to finish your quests, if not just helping you (I've met some of these people and did it myself ^^).

I remember, in my early days on Talking Island, another player gave me some stuff as a gift because she was leaving, included a B grade fishing rod....ahw, if I could tell her what a great fisherman I've become since then.... *nostalgia* =')

PS: I'm from Phoenix Server, but couldnt stay back and let you lose your enthusiasm. ^^
Old 08-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #9
SimpleZen
Elpy

SimpleZen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
Are you really telling someone to report a player for calling someone an ***?

Seems a bit much for something so little. Doubt the GM's would do anything with that.
Very true, I can't imagine a GM would do anything about it at all. It's just something that happens. Main point is, regardless of whether the GMs care, there's players that do and one bad apple doesn't mean the entire basket's gone bad
Old 09-02-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
_pING
Purgatory Shadow

_pING is an unknown quantity at this point

You sure he didn't mean "A S S" as in A grade soul shots?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 AM   #11
Olisiponense
Thunder Wyrm

Olisiponense is on a distinguished road

Lillyn, uneducated people exists everywhere.
Don`t let that person make you quit from this game.
To me, despite some problems, Lineage 2 is a great game ( and a stress reliever for me, believe it or not! ), and - until now - 90% of the people i encountered, talk and/or play ingame are nice.
That player you found probably is on the 10% of rude, uneducated people...