Lineage II Forums  
Old 06-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feoh vs Yul

Feoh's,

I was wondering how you feel you stack up against the other ranged Archetype Yul, now that GC has been up for a few months. Red Libra is coming up so I feel this is a good time for a comprehensive comparison.

Many people have previously stated that they think the Yul is OP. I personally believe this was probably true before Helios, but post Helios I think they were tweaked out of the OP range (anyone 105 with top pvp gear and +5 gemstones will be OP).

Many people have previously stated that the Feoh was broken. I believe this was the case before GC. This seems to have been fixed as well, but to what degree?

So here are my questions;

Is it now just as good to be a stacked Feoh on a siege field as it is to be a stacked Yul? Is it better or worse?

Are Feohs back to 2-3 shotting solo mobs like they should? What about the bigger mobs like GC lower, can a Feoh solo these like an Eviserator or Titan?

Are Feohs OP now in anyone's experience?

Are Feohs still under powered? The whole capped crit rate certainly makes me think twice before putting any gear on one.

Is there still a problem with scaling Matk vs Patk that would result in a cap as far as how good the Feoh can actually get? Or was this negated with something like the element adjustments?

If you could pleas post your thoughts and experiences, I think it would make a good topic.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #2
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow
 
Devoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The magical land of Fake News & Alternative Facts
Posts: 611
Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Is it now just as good to be a stacked Feoh on a siege field as it is to be a stacked Yul? Is it better or worse?
Definitely worse, you are limited by skill reuse, while yuls have skill mastery to spam aoe all day everyday. Yuls have light armor, so they have better survivability than Feohs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
What about the bigger mobs like GC lower, can a Feoh solo these like an Eviserator or Titan?
Main problem is with taking damage; even if you could with all the talis for pdef and +10 bloody 1v1, bssr usage will make sure you pay truckloads more than the other classes. Feohs must AoE, and they cannot AoE GC lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Are Feohs OP now in anyone's experience?
Nope, still in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Is there still a problem with scaling Matk vs Patk that would result in a cap as far as how good the Feoh can actually get?
Absolutely.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
Poggy
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 72
Poggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
Definitely worse, you are limited by skill reuse, while yuls have skill mastery to spam aoe all day everyday. Yuls have light armor, so they have better survivability than Feohs.


Main problem is with taking damage; even if you could with all the talis for pdef and +10 bloody 1v1, bssr usage will make sure you pay truckloads more than the other classes. Feohs must AoE, and they cannot AoE GC lower.


Nope, still in check.


Absolutely.

Literally every word you just said is 100% wrong. The top party in every top clan ive seen no longer run archers, with the exception of the 1 dragon bow that exists. Feoh is the new ruling class, for top end and bottem end alike.
Poggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:17 PM   #4
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow
 
Devoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The magical land of Fake News & Alternative Facts
Posts: 611
Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggy View Post
Literally every word you just said is 100% wrong. The top party in every top clan ive seen no longer run archers, with the exception of the 1 dragon bow that exists. Feoh is the new ruling class, for top end and bottem end alike.
Another Feoh lover spotted. Go play your feoh while I enjoy my +8 magical reflect shirt and level 5 pearl.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:58 AM   #5
werato
Hungry Spirit
 
werato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 100
werato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Fact: Nova beat Max with feohs and daggers, since Max plays only yuls, cause they dont know anything about the game, Yuls are still more then good DDs, but with the right setup and knowledge a feoh can kill a yul without a sweat. Things are finally going the right way. Now all thats left are tyrrs, since they cant pvp whatsoever, with all the gear that u can think of, a tyrr cant put out not even 50% the dmg that a yul, feoh, dagger can.
Diversity: the thing that made L2 one of the best MMORPG worldwide.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcpU8f0nccU

Br.

P.S. I switched back to feoh less then 1 month ago, and The difference is high, what feoh were, and what they become. OFC gear matters.

Last edited by werato; 06-04-2017 at 01:09 AM.
werato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:06 AM   #6
smokas
Dark Lord
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 236
smokas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
Definitely worse, you are limited by skill reuse, while yuls have skill mastery to spam aoe all day everyday. Yuls have light armor, so they have better survivability than Feohs.


Main problem is with taking damage; even if you could with all the talis for pdef and +10 bloody 1v1, bssr usage will make sure you pay truckloads more than the other classes. Feohs must AoE, and they cannot AoE GC lower.


Nope, still in check.


Absolutely.
if stacked feoh cant do gc lower aoe then problem its in player not in class, here u can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pop0REQZqwA
smokas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:35 AM   #7
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow
 
Devoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The magical land of Fake News & Alternative Facts
Posts: 611
Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokas View Post
if stacked feoh cant do gc lower aoe then problem its in player not in class, here u can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pop0REQZqwA
Look at the adena drops. Just LOOK at them.

Okay, I know this is not a private server (close tho), but you are seriously showing off an almost 105 feoh with shiny +10 (among other things), AoS. Let me guess (no mouse hover in the video), all skills (buffs, debuffs, dps, short buffs) +20?
You can superstack yul (extra focus on MP usage/recovery) and aoe gc lower as well, but that doesn't prove any point at all. I bet even superstacked socket could aoe GC lower.

On a serious note though, as I expected. Sigel (not the classes) is a huge help even in PvE (and thanks to recent l2store events, it is CHEAP!). So consequently, with some reorg and more focus on HP I could solo AoE GC. With dandy and aos. Interesting.. Just not enough to make me play the feoh again.

TL;DR Enjoy if you can, feohs still suck, just you don't understand why they will gradually lose all advantages they currently have PvP EVEN IF NC does no changes to classes. People are so used to Feohs being nonfactors that they never even bothered to buy gear you need to fight them.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:42 PM   #8
Poggy
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 72
Poggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by werato View Post
Fact: Nova beat Max with feohs and daggers, since Max plays only yuls, cause they dont know anything about the game, Yuls are still more then good DDs, but with the right setup and knowledge a feoh can kill a yul without a sweat. Things are finally going the right way. Now all thats left are tyrrs, since they cant pvp whatsoever, with all the gear that u can think of, a tyrr cant put out not even 50% the dmg that a yul, feoh, dagger can.
Diversity: the thing that made L2 one of the best MMORPG worldwide.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcpU8f0nccU

Br.

P.S. I switched back to feoh less then 1 month ago, and The difference is high, what feoh were, and what they become. OFC gear matters.
Whats funny is, after that seige VNdragon (MAX) gave up his dragon bow and is now playing feoh with a Antharas caster. he seen the power of the feoh and made the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
Another Feoh lover spotted. Go play your feoh while I enjoy my +8 magical reflect shirt and level 5 pearl.
That gear might help against mid level feohs, but top end ones will still hit you harder than any archer . Since the update, Archers and feohs are pretty similar in their base damage now, but the difference is the scaling. Because feohs get more skills that give +m.attack compared to what archers get +p.atatck, as gear levels increase, feohs overtake the archers. There is still the issue of survivibility, but at the top levels, feohs can hold their own here too.
Poggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:28 AM   #9
werato
Hungry Spirit
 
werato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 100
werato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Yup he switched to Archmage, that doesnt mean he's any good, he got fed before, we's getting feeds now and he will get feeds in the future. That kinda says it all.

@Devoid: you sound like trying to say that L2 should consist only of yuls....
werato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:14 AM   #10
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow
 
Devoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The magical land of Fake News & Alternative Facts
Posts: 611
Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggy View Post
That gear might help against mid level feohs, but top end ones will still hit you harder than any archer .
In a post made later, I clarified what I meant. Yup, +8 stuff is nowhere near top end, but it is stuff I have right now vs 6 slot brooch with all jewels at level 5/6 and rotating them depending on enemy composition.

Still, ask yourself, who ever does OE jewelry? Plenty of armor even up to +13 (much less +14 and above), but jewels? Plus, there's very few people in Naia who ever bothered with Magic Reflect +10, even though you get rewards per each OE shirt.
Everywhere where a choice had to be made between pdef and mdef, everything was pushed to pdef, p evasion, pcd reduction to counter op Yuls, because Feohs weren't even a threat. All that's going to happen is that we are going to have more balanced gear choices, which means yul damage will go up and feoh damage will go down. PvP only, obviously.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
Kasken
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 98
Kasken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

<-- Feoh in a +88899 Bloody set.

I rock. Seriously. Im not sure who said we take truckloads of damage, but I have like 14.5k pdef in sieges (beofre my +20 bust casting goes off), and Ive only got a level 3 diamond. It depends on how you gear your toon. Can an archer still hit me hella hard... yea. Can I now actually kill them too...? Yes

Like everything its still a gear / level check. But at 103 whereas a 00 archer could kill me now, even a 103 equally geared its not a sure win for them. I rarely lose Oly now, with exception of the 105 heroes on my server.

Feoh are good now, I dont think overpowered, but they are good. Part of that is because so many people are rolling with pdef stuff and ignore mdef due to how terrible Feoh were, and now get hit hella hard

Feoh have a good place again, and whoever said our cooldowns and cant perma aoe in sieges... thats just lol. I spam aoe most sieges



ON a side note: There are so many terrible Feoh out there. Like most classes, when people only play vs the crap Feoh they tend to think that the class as a whole sucks. A bad archer is more useful than a bad Feoh, so the perception is skewed. However, if you find some Feoh who know their class and are good, its a much different story. My Feoh is still "undergeared" for PvP and yet i usually win in both group / Oly so....
Kasken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:19 AM   #12
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow
 
Devoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The magical land of Fake News & Alternative Facts
Posts: 611
Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

I guess we are all going to believe what we want to believe. I know, despite that I still have a +10/11 blessed eternal robe set (as it is unsellable), shiny +8, longing (too pricey to seal to be sold for a few bil) and some other gear on my 103 feoh, my career as a feoh is over permanently. I'll stop replying.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #13
Poggy
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 72
Poggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
I guess we are all going to believe what we want to believe. I know, despite that I still have a +10/11 blessed eternal robe set (as it is unsellable), shiny +8, longing (too pricey to seal to be sold for a few bil) and some other gear on my 103 feoh, my career as a feoh is over permanently. I'll stop replying.
I was trying to avoide insulting you. But I think it might be time. Based on this post and your previous posts, the conclusions I'm gathering are:

1. Even though you have been given several examples to show other wise; since you're unable to play a feoh to its maximum potential, Feoh's are a terrible class.
2. Your Level of Laziness is astounding. Not only do you not care to try to learn to play a Feoh correctly, youre even too lazy to sell the gear off of it for a reasonable price so that you can gear another toon. Wow. Just Wow.

I got an idea, how about get off the forums and either find a new game or learn to play this one before you steer people who actually want to learn in the wrong direction.
Poggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #14
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow
 
Devoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The magical land of Fake News & Alternative Facts
Posts: 611
Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggy View Post
1. Even though you have been given several examples to show other wise; since you're unable to play a feoh to its maximum potential, Feoh's are a terrible class.
I was more pointing at the fact that Feohs have the advantage [in PvP] now, but it will fade away in the coming months (even before any major updates by NC). I also admitted it is possible to solo GC lower now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggy View Post
2. Your Level of Laziness is astounding. Not only do you not care to try to learn to play a Feoh correctly, youre even too lazy to sell the gear off of it for a reasonable price so that you can gear another toon. Wow. Just Wow.
True, I just don't think this game is worth all that time investment.

Last edited by Devoid; 06-07-2017 at 01:20 AM. Reason: clarified a few statements
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #15
zeia
Goblin Lord
 
zeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 45
zeia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
I guess we are all going to believe what we want to believe. I know, despite that I still have a +10/11 blessed eternal robe set (as it is unsellable), shiny +8, longing (too pricey to seal to be sold for a few bil) and some other gear on my 103 feoh, my career as a feoh is over permanently. I'll stop replying.
I think u've made a bloody right decision there mate!
There no need any more noob Feoh in the field since most feoh can now be playing like a pro!
zeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #16
Rogue
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 67
Rogue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
I guess we are all going to believe what we want to believe. I know, despite that I still have a +10/11 blessed eternal robe set (as it is unsellable), shiny +8, longing (too pricey to seal to be sold for a few bil) and some other gear on my 103 feoh, my career as a feoh is over permanently. I'll stop replying.
Which server is your set at?
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:40 AM   #17
Nymphadorae
Hungry Spirit
 
Nymphadorae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 103
Nymphadorae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh vs Yul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
I was wondering how you feel you stack up against the other ranged Archetype Yul, now that GC has been up for a few months. Red Libra is coming up so I feel this is a good time for a comprehensive comparison.
At this point, choose whatever you like (check your items, and which ones fit better to your choice).

In my opinion, both classes are good. Feohs of course got a lot better with this update, but Yuls are still a strong class (both PVE and PVP). And both of them are awesome in aoe so go with whatever you feel better.
Nymphadorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.