Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #1
Conguero
Community Manager

Conguero is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Server Maintenance: Wednesday, July 26, 2017

All game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 4am PDT / 6am CDT / 7am EDT / 1100 GMT and ending at approximately 9:30am PDT / 11:30am CDT / 12:30pm EDT / 1630 GMT. Estimated downtime is 5 hours 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:
  • La Vie En Roses's Brooches and Jewels are being removed from the L2 Store
  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
Other updates and reminders:If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the Lineage II forum. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.
Conguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
Jagtiger
Purgatory Shadow

Jagtiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Server Maintenance: Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Yo could you guys look into this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7UrYWsUvM0 video produced by borninhell zaken server if im not mistaken

Is this one of those ninja patches again Topaz damage being counted in the overall damage in oly? Any thought about it? I mean I'm not against it for sure since that makes tank have a fighting chance against dds in the damage department
Jagtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 AM   #3
Bruhxd
Dark Lord

Bruhxd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagtiger View Post
Yo could you guys look into this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7UrYWsUvM0 video produced by borninhell zaken server if im not mistaken

Is this one of those ninja patches again Topaz damage being counted in the overall damage in oly? Any thought about it? I mean I'm not against it for sure since that makes tank have a fighting chance against dds in the damage department
How do you figure? Said dd should just run topaz too since it counts... if born runs topaz he wins still lol..
Bruhxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:45 AM   #4
BornInHell
Purgatory Shadow

BornInHell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruhxd View Post
How do you figure? Said dd should just run topaz too since it counts... if born runs topaz he wins still lol..
topaz doesn't work against tank uds (40+ seconds on personal, 15+ seconds on party, 15+ on party rescue), plus go try to win sayha seer or othells who just topaz you and hide for 5 minutes
BornInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:16 AM   #5
Jacky
Remnant Diabolist

Jacky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInHell View Post
topaz doesn't work against tank uds (40+ seconds on personal, 15+ seconds on party, 15+ on party rescue), plus go try to win sayha seer or othells who just topaz you and hide for 5 minutes
Hide and topaz are broken and this is obvious since they were implemented.
Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:17 AM   #6
Jacky
Remnant Diabolist

Jacky is on a distinguished road

About 13th anniversary event i can say just that:
Good job and event is very nice. Anyone who said or complaining about it never tried to do it .
Thanks!
Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

I like the Topaz feature, it's perfect for our version of L2.
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:36 PM   #8
Morfej
Elpy

Morfej is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
I like the Topaz feature, it's perfect for our version of L2.
I think is bad xD . Let them use some MP like other skills depend of lvl 1000-3000 per usage , and let see
Morfej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:48 AM   #9
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

The topaz is only bad because you can't obtain it in game. If you could make this from mammon like other zones it would be amazing.

The concept is very solid IMO.
If a healer burns your MP, you have an option.
If a Tank wants to just be invincible for the entire god dam match, you have an option.

Personally I don't see the point of skills that zero out dmg in a game that is based on......doing dmg, in this case oly.

Be all that as it may, what makes the topaz seem OP isn't the topaz, its the perma-hide.

I've beaten hero tanks with my dagger using hide. This involves some luck as the skill has to crit 3x in a row for it to work. I felt like I was using an exploit. Although I was happy I got points off of a hero, I felt dirty about the win, and it takes of the enjoyment away when there is no challenge involved.

The seer is a pure perversion. There isn't even any luck involved. Hit the buttons in the right order and you win. Even at 99 with free gear they beat heroes.

What they are about to do with tanks healers skills, making them non or at the very least, less, spam-able needs to happen to hide skills. The dagger shouldn't be able to get lucky and hide for 5 min, and the seer shouldn't be able to be permanently hidden and untargetable.

Only children like push to win buttons.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #10
Neutron
Assistant Producer

Neutron will become famous soon enough

Hello,

Regarding changes to Olympiad post match damage tally, this issue was reported as bug by L2RU in May and recently the fix was incorporated into the Global Version. But, we were not informed properly this change was included in a live release.

The fix addresses that the Damage Table at the end of a match did not display damage inflicted from effects such as Topaz or Kelbim's Weapon Skill. As far as we can tell the winner of a battle was already being calculated based on damage from these effects. Therefore the change should only be a cosmetic fix that better represents the battle damage being inflicted now.

This was verified by attacking a user with these kinds of skills only and still winning the battle despite inflicting 0 regular damage according to the post battle results (before the fix).

Thank You
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #11
Bruhxd
Dark Lord

Bruhxd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Hello,

Regarding changes to Olympiad post match damage tally, this issue was reported as bug by L2RU in May and recently the fix was incorporated into the Global Version. But, we were not informed properly this change was included in a live release.

The fix addresses that the Damage Table at the end of a match did not display damage inflicted from effects such as Topaz or Kelbim's Weapon Skill. As far as we can tell the winner of a battle was already being calculated based on damage from these effects. Therefore the change should only be a cosmetic fix that better represents the battle damage being inflicted now.

This was verified by attacking a user with these kinds of skills only and still winning the battle despite inflicting 0 regular damage according to the post battle results (before the fix).

Thank You
Update us on Zaken timeline.. how is testing going? Based on what you said around the end of June 4-6 weeks of testing it before you guys can make it happen. Which means you should be nearly completed on the testing part. A lot of people waiting on this.. more regular updates or a set date would be nice.
Bruhxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #12
Faely
Goblin Lord

Faely is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Hello,

Thank You
The Topaz DMG did NOT count before as dmg in Olympiad. And now with some ninja patch or whatever it started counting and its ridiculously stupid... Daggers only have to do Hide-> Topaz->Hide->Topaz and win matches without even hitting the other person with a skill even once. The same counts for the ISS .. Stone->Topaz->Stone->Topaz and win games without even hitting once with the duals.

ITS RLLY ****** UP. FIX IT

PS: You also made the Hide on daggers 10 seconds cooldown? The skill is ready to use before the hide has disappeared.
GOOD JOB AT SPITTING IN PEOPLES FACES YET AGAIN. THANK U SO MUCH

Last edited by Faely; 07-29-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Faely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #13
Dawe
Heathen Knight

Dawe will become famous soon enough

Frederick the Destroyer didn't spawn at 21:00 on Naia.
Dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #14
Munch
Dark Lord

Munch is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawe View Post
Frederick the Destroyer didn't spawn at 21:00 on Naia.
That's because it spawns at 20:00 CEST.
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #15
Dawe
Heathen Knight

At the event page is said that:

Quote:
During the event the Raid is available each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the following Server times:
  • 14:00
  • 21:00
  • 23:00
At that 21:00 server time, the Boss didn't spawned.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #16
SANGRENEGRA66
Elpy

SANGRENEGRA66 is an unknown quantity at this point

I could not enter the game. Place the email, then send to my mail the new verification pin. I put it in and let me in ... but at the moment of choosing the server and the pj again asks me the same verification code and does not say that there is an error ... I rectify it 4 times and I am suspended for 8 hours ... Is the ping verification different?
SANGRENEGRA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #17
Dawe
Heathen Knight

Yes it is, after you get to the Character Selection screen you have to enter the pin you have chosen for your account.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #18
SANGRENEGRA66
Elpy

SANGRENEGRA66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes it is, after you get to the Character Selection screen you have to enter the pin you have chosen for your account.
But if you enter one and still block it says it is not the validation pin ..... then what is
SANGRENEGRA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #19
Dawe
Heathen Knight

As i said, you have enter the PIN you added, changed here inside your account:
https://account.ncsoft.com/settings/changepin/index

It's 6~8 numbers PIN code.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:48 AM   #20
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
At the event page is said that:

At that 21:00 server time, the Boss didn't spawned.
It is a publicly known secret that ever since the emergency maintenance, event RB spawns on 14:00, 19:00, 23:00 server time.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote