Lineage II Forums  
Old 09-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
MrZone6
Elpy

MrZone6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Difference Between Elf / Dark elf SS

Came back to play L2 because friend gave me his feoh gear so decided to just stick to that so im stuck between Elf and Dark elf.

Is there a big difference in damage between playing an Elf Feoh Storm Screamer compared to a Dark Elf Storm Screamer? I know that dark elf has high INT so obviously more M atk is it noticable in damage the scaling for m atk seems a little weird(someone told me you need 4x more m atk just to double your actual damage?)

If it helps ill list my gear if it gives you a better idea how much of a difference it would be.

Blessed Tw +8 Robe
Enhanced Shadow Retributer
Baium Soul Ring
Ring of Creation
Frintezza Soul Necklace
Blessed Zaken Earring
Talisman Abundance Lv.1(High Grade)

If you can give me your experience/info based on Pve & PvP(yes i know pvp requires $)
MrZone6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:43 AM   #2
Pleistoros
Heathen Knight

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Difference Between Elf / Dark elf SS

I dont play feoh yet i have one lvl 99
After diversification feohs can use only 2 stances except arhemage who can use 4.
So, dark elf use dark(skill power) and wind(mcrit damage) and light elf use holy(defence) and water(cooldown)...Dark elf is the most ofensive feoh while light elf even with improvements from diversification is still not close to DE or Arhemage
Pleistoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:00 AM   #3
preslav
Elpy

preslav is an unknown quantity at this point

You can safely ignore the previous post, as it was undoubtedly unrelated to your question. I personally have 3 feohs - DE 105, Elf 100, Kamael 103. From tests on same level with same gear and everything I did few years ago (on lvl 100), the difference between Elf and DE was ~20% Matk (Elf with rose had same Matk as DE without one). I have the feeling that Elf's matk would scale less than DE's matk the higher INT you go, but don't quote me on that. So, there is absolutely no reason to choose Elf, he has lower matk, same actual critical rate and everything else.
preslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:48 AM   #4
Pleistoros
Heathen Knight

Preslav you said the magic word..."few years ago". Its obvious you stop play this game and comment on forum just to debate other ppl but not in a good and positive way.

Here from AnotherSorc who worked hard to write this:
feoh last diversification

As you see, holy-stun and fire-fear are the best stances for feoh but m crit damage matter also...so its a hard choice.
Except Feoh Soultaker, who have transfer pain to servitor all other feohs have that mana shild toggle who reduce damage and absorb rest of damage in mp.
Some feohs have slighty more matack and some more mcrit damage and other have more def....in the endgame business those things dont matter so much...equip and fast fingers does.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:50 AM   #5
preslav
Elpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleistoros View Post
Preslav you said the magic word..."few years ago". Its obvious you stop play this game and comment on forum just to debate other ppl but not in a good and positive way.

Here from AnotherSorc who worked hard to write this:
feoh last diversification

As you see, holy-stun and fire-fear are the best stances for feoh but m crit damage matter also...so its a hard choice.
Except Feoh Soultaker, who have transfer pain to servitor all other feohs have that mana shild toggle who reduce damage and absorb rest of damage in mp.
Some feohs have slighty more matack and some more mcrit damage and other have more def....in the endgame business those things dont matter so much...equip and fast fingers does.

How is it obvious that I have stopped playing long ago, when I am leveling 2nd feoh to 105 currently? His question was about the difference in ELF FEOH STORMSCREAMER vs DARK ELF FEOH STORMSCREAMER, not Feoh Stormscreamer vs Feoh Mystic Muse. So I am answering to him about the difference with same class/gear/dyes between dark elf and elf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZone6
Is there a big difference in damage between playing an Elf Feoh Storm Screamer compared to a Dark Elf Storm Screamer? I know that dark elf has high INT so obviously more M atk is it noticable in damage the scaling for m atk seems a little weird(someone told me you need 4x more m atk just to double your actual damage?)
P.S. Yea, just commenting so I can shine in some forum, being totally unhelpful, sure.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:38 AM   #6
Pleistoros
Heathen Knight

oh, my bad, i was offtopic...I didnt read it corectly...
I wonder if he put the right question...

Same class but diferent race cant be that diferent, it cant be +11 int=20% matack, test result its weird ...but hey, its korean stuff.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
preslav
Elpy

Well as far as I remember, the higher the INT, the less matk it gives (e.g 105 int vs 110 int is 9.3% difference in damage, 120 vs 125 - 7.1%), this looks to be kinda consistent at least from 100 to 125 int values. But on the other hand I think that there is a race multiplier in the matk formulation based on INT, e.g. being Elf you get less matk from the same value of INT than being dark elf.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
Kost4s
Elpy

Kost4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mrzone and welcome back. ( Even on the Darkest days of ln2 / Since this is a totally p2w game ) .

You can still have fun though . To help you on your questions , here are some suggestions :
1) Elf or Dark Elf = > Dark Elf hands down
2) Your gear seems ok. I would just advise you to get rid of the Tezza soul, and get a Normal Valakas ( Wild magic effect is good ) .
3) M attack vs Damage is a big riddle in this game. Don't care much for M attack, since Dark Elf is the best you can get, all other improvements in your char should be for Magic Critical Damage.

I wish you will have your fun and enjoy the game
Kost4s is offline   Reply With Quote