Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Hime
Community Manager

Hime is on a distinguished road
Default Game Update: Thursday, December 7, 2017

All game servers will be down for the Salvation game update beginning Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 7am PST / 9am CST / 10am EST / 1500 GMT and ending at approximately 1pm PST / 3pm CST / 4pm EST / 2100 GMT. Estimated downtime is 6 hours.

With this maintenance:
  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Salvation update will be applied to the game servers. Patch notes can be found here.
  • Red Libra VI event will start
  • Salvation Server settings will be activated.
Other updates and reminders:
  • Alien Invasion 2017 will end.
  • Server Transfers applications are closed. Server Transfers will re-open after the new year.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Last edited by Hime; 12-06-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
GatoBoy
Elpy

GatoBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Game Update: Thursday, December 7, 2017

First message
GatoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
DominoD
Elpy

DominoD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
All game servers will be down for the Salvation game update beginning Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 7am PST / 8am CST / 9am EST / 1300 GMT and ending at approximately 12pm PST / 3pm CST / 4pm EST / 2100 GMT. Estimated downtime is 6 hours.

With this maintenance:
  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Salvation update will be applied to the game servers. Patch notes can be found here.
  • Red Libra VI event will start
  • Salvation Server settings will be activated.
Other updates and reminders:
  • Alien Invasion 2017 will end.
  • Server Transfers applications are closed. Server Transfers will re-open after the new year.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.
Thx Hime <3
DominoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #4
Hime
Community Manager

<3
Old 12-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #5
Kisscool
Goblin Lord

Kisscool is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All game servers will be down for the Salvation game update beginning Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 7am PST / 8am CST / 9am EST / 1300 GMT and ending at approximately 12pm PST / 3pm CST / 4pm EST / 2100 GMT. Estimated downtime is 6 hours.
You might want to check the times you posted, because it doesn't match with the downtime.

Thanks for the update!
Kisscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #6
Hime
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisscool View Post
You might want to check the times you posted, because it doesn't match with the downtime.

Thanks for the update!
Whoops. Thanks for the catch. I think I got it now?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #7
Temperance
Tainted Zombie

Temperance is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All game servers will be down for the Salvation game update beginning Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 7am PST / 9am CST / 10am EST / 1500 GMT
For a maintenance that is 1 day later than usual, can you explain why it starts 3-4h later than usual??

With the downtime of the servers and add the very probable extra hours of extension to the update, in Europe we can expect the servers to go online sometime early Friday morning?...
Temperance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #8
Bruhxd
Dark Lord

Bruhxd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hime, one question.. Were our XP tables changed on this update so we can progress past 105? This new raid is 109.. Dim Warp raid is 108..
Bruhxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #9
araoncro
Tainted Zombie

araoncro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruhxd View Post
Hime, one question.. Were our XP tables changed on this update so we can progress past 105?
They will never change xp tables.
araoncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #10
Hime
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruhxd View Post
Hime, one question.. Were our XP tables changed on this update so we can progress past 105? This new raid is 109.. Dim Warp raid is 108..
I do not believe it was adjusted. If it was, it would be in the patch notes. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperance View Post
For a maintenance that is 1 day later than usual, can you explain why it starts 3-4h later than usual??
I noticed that myself. It is starting 2 hours later than our usual time. This is probably due to the atypical maintenance week, our maintenance team have to work double maintenance shift.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #11
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Korea has a different XP curve then us for a while now so if this update puts us on the same curve as them it's all good..
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #12
Bruhxd
Dark Lord

Bruhxd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I noticed that myself. It is starting 2 hours later than our usual time. This is probably due to the atypical maintenance week, our maintenance team have to work double maintenance shift.
I wouldn't be surprised if its in your files and not mentioned which is why I asked, if you have time and are able to tell us how much XP it takes to gain 1% at level 105 on your internal test server that would be great. If this still isn't changed you will see more players bleed out of this game out of boredom. People hit 105 and quit or become inactive. Seen it dozens of times now. I have a glimpse of hope seeing top PvP players in Russian PvP videos XP bars moving since the update last Wednesday in Russia but who knows. People want to see progression outside of spending $$$ and that's what XP provides. Currently it just isn't feasible to hit 106, I won't even mention 107 and on. It also provides more opportunities for PvP to prevent burn out and boredom from none of this happening which is causing a lot of heavy spenders to quit your game. If this isn't in the patch then Neutron needs to revisit this topic and make a big push for it with his Korean counterparts.. Korea received this change on GC.
Bruhxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #13
SirDorninus
Elpy

SirDorninus is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Game Update: Thursday, December 7, 2017

Quote:
<3
I have a very important question about ISS Dominator. If I am reading the notes correctly, Dominators now have to throw down a clan flag to buff clan members? WTF!? You just screwed their best feature. Buffing CLAN members out of party. Their entire class is based on buffing clan members, now I have to throw a clan flag down? Which probably costs a crap load of stuff to do that. Also, they can buff anyone in a party now? So my level 100 Dominator with full buffs enchanted to +10 time are useless now? Seriously? Almost all of my toons have +++++ on skills, and the ones that are changing names etc will we get tons of immortal scrolls as compensation? This is pathetic. Do you have any idea how hard it was to level a Dominator without any type of clan help except myself!? Then y’all go and screw the class with this update. I really hope I read it wrong. Can anyone help clarify?

Thank you.
SirDorninus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #14
Temperance
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDorninus View Post
I have a very important question about ISS Dominator. If I am reading the notes correctly, Dominators now have to throw down a clan flag to buff clan members? WTF!? You just screwed their best feature. Buffing CLAN members out of party. Their entire class is based on buffing clan members, now I have to throw a clan flag down? Which probably costs a crap load of stuff to do that. Also, they can buff anyone in a party now? So my level 100 Dominator with full buffs enchanted to +10 time are useless now? Seriously? Almost all of my toons have +++++ on skills, and the ones that are changing names etc will we get tons of immortal scrolls as compensation? This is pathetic. Do you have any idea how hard it was to level a Dominator without any type of clan help except myself!? Then y’all go and screw the class with this update. I really hope I read it wrong. Can anyone help clarify?

Thank you.
I think you have it all wrong. The flag cost only SP to learn/5 Spirit ores to use.

http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wik...B0%9C%EB%9F%AC

You yourself just complained how hard it was to lvl since you had to do it alone, but now you will be able to join any kind of party.

PS: i think dominator clan buffs were the most annoying feature, especially during sieges. When they try to buff their own party, they **** up the buffs of all the parties around them.

Last edited by Temperance; 12-06-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #15
SirDorninus
Elpy

Exclamation Re: Game Update: Thursday, December 7, 2017

Also, it looks like they’re combining melodies, combining resistances, and combining sonatas. How will we be compensated for our individually enchanted buffs? All of mine are +10/11. Do we get a mass of immortal books?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #16
Temperance
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDorninus View Post
Also, it looks like they’re combining melodies, combining resistances, and combining sonatas. How will we be compensated for our individually enchanted buffs? All of mine are +10/11. Do we get a mass of immortal books?
The dominator doesn't get the combined ones.It is different skill from the actual single buffs, it just allows you with 1 button to buff all 4 melodies/3 sonata/3 resists at the same time.

PS: enchanting melodies, resistances and harmonies is such a waste of adena...
Old 12-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #17
WickedAwesome
Elpy

WickedAwesome is an unknown quantity at this point

What are "Salvation server settings" and is there anything new in red libra 4 or is it the same as the last one?
WickedAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #18
SirDorninus
Elpy

Talking Re: Game Update: Thursday, December 7, 2017

Quote:
I think you have it all wrong. The flag cost only SP to learn/5 Spirit ores to use.

http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wik...B0%9C%EB%9F%AC

You yourself just complained how hard it was to lvl since you had to do it alone, but now you will be able to join any kind of party.

PS: i think dominator clan buffs were the most annoying feature, especially during sieges. When they try to buff their own party, they **** up the buffs of all the parties around them.
Someone also just said they think the flag is to auto buff clan members during sieges etc, so that dominators can move around rather than being tied to one place doing only buffs. And clan members should be honored to get my buffs! All of mine are +10 time, and +11 sonatas. They should be so lucky lol.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #19
SirDorninus
Elpy

Quote:
The dominator doesn't get the combined ones.It is different skill from the actual single buffs, it just allows you with 1 button to buff all 4 melodies/3 sonata/3 resists at the same time.

PS: enchanting melodies, resistances and harmonies is such a waste of adena...
I also have a 101 heirophant. And 99 doomcryer. That’s why I was asking about the combined buffs.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #20
Kahwi
Purgatory Shadow

Kahwi is on a distinguished road

My doubt regarding the Daily Coins,
In fact they will be deleted? Or will your use be irrelevant?

I'm not sure if the Daily Coins were deleted in the other overseas territories a.k.a Innova, but the NPC to exchange Daily Coins for items at overseas regions is no longer there.

Please, check it out asap!!
Kahwi is offline   Reply With Quote