Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 05-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
faraonu
Elpy

faraonu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lv 66+ Sorcerer spells

Hi,

I play for the first time with a mage, sorcerer in particular and I am lvl 60 by now. I understood that on lvl 66 he will get some seed spell (for this case, seed of fire). Now, can someone enlight me pls how this spell is used? Also, at lvl 68 I will get, if i recall corectly, Aura Symphoni (or something like that). From your experience, how can I use this spell (I understand that is related with the seed spell) and also how much dmg I will make, becouse some ppl told me that is very powerfull

Tnx and waiting for your replies

PS. Excuse my poor english
faraonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
MasterNuker
Dark Knight

MasterNuker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lv 66+ Sorcerer spells

if u know anything about tyrants they use focus force they use so they can use other skills so u use the seed spell so u can use the aura spell but i may be wrong about this so do not quote me hopefully i helped
MasterNuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
Champa
Baylor

Champa is an unknown quantity at this point

It's somewhat similar.
I have more experience with spellhowlers, so I'll tell you how their seed works. Yours work the same way, but different spells.
SH needs to be seeded by two other SHs, and can then fire off Demon Wind. The equivalent Sorc spell may be Aura Symphony.
Champa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #4
Champa
Baylor

I just went ovedr the sorcerer skills, and it looks like it's Inferno, and not Aura Symphony.
2 Sorcerers seed another sorc that has this skill, and s/he fires it off.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #5
faraonu
Elpy

Ok, so 2 sorcerer casts seed on the other one, or I can cast seed on myself as well?
After I have 2 seeds how long they will last? I mean, I can cast only one Inferno, or I can cast for some period of time, until the seeds will gone?

Tnx
Old 05-04-2006, 03:59 AM   #6
Haplok
Dark Knight

Haplok is an unknown quantity at this point

You have 5 seconds to either get another seed or fire the nuke. Atfer that, the seeds expire. AFAIK, you cannot seed yourself. Cooperation, that is all this is about. And each nuker gets 3 seed power nukes. Aura Symphony on level 68 requires 2 seeds of any type (I think). Elemental spells on level 70 (Demon Wind for SH, Inferno for Sorc and Blizzard for Sps) require 2 seeds of the apropriate element. Elemental Storm requires two seeds of the elements that you don't have (eg. water+fire for SH casting Storm). Aura Symphony and elemental type spells all have power 350, the latter has also a debuff effect (Blizzard-slow, Wind-regen nerf, Inferno-DOT). Elemental Storm has power 500.
Are they powerfull? Sorta. But considering the time it takes to cast them, synchronization effort and mana cost - neither efficient nor worth it.

There are also Noblese aoe skills that take seeds to cast. 4 and 8 seeds, if I remember right, with adequatly higher power. Depanding on the aoe range, could be an interesting sight to see in a siege...
Haplok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:06 AM   #7
Champa
Baylor

No, you can't seed yourself.

BTW Demon Wind is very worth it on raid bosses.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:08 AM   #8
Helldereth
Purgatory Shadow

Helldereth is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, alot of confusion here!!!

Seed: available at 66
Acts like a PowerUp skill like the Tyrant example.

The only thing im not sure is, does it work as a Power Up on any other spells.

At 68: Aura Symphony -> Need 2 types of seeds

At 70: Major Kick butt Spell: For my Sps its : Blizzard - > needs 2 of my seeds -> does insain damage

At 72: Elemental Symphony: Requires all 3 types of seeds -> does WOw damage...

Cheers!!
Helldereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:44 AM   #9
faraonu
Elpy

The part with what seed I need for each spell I understand.

Also, I understood that in 5 sec I need to get 2 seeds or 3 and also to cast the spell, right?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:12 AM   #10
Champa
Baylor

Yes
Old 05-04-2006, 06:45 AM   #11
Varaya
Valakas

Varaya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the roughVaraya is a jewel in the rough

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, alot of confusion here!!!

Seed: available at 66
Acts like a PowerUp skill like the Tyrant example.

The only thing im not sure is, does it work as a Power Up on any other spells.

At 68: Aura Symphony -> Need 2 types of seeds

At 70: Major Kick butt Spell: For my Sps its : Blizzard - > needs 2 of my seeds -> does insain damage

At 72: Elemental Symphony: Requires all 3 types of seeds -> does WOw damage...

Cheers!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it is all about the mp cost, I think. Sure, the debuff Demon Wind does is nice. But just consider the cost:

Each Seed costs 250MP

Each of the Seed-type nuke costs 250MP, too (e.g. for Sorc, Aura Symphony, Inferno and Elemental Assault all cost 250MP).

Each of the Seed-type nukes requires 2 Seeds.

So each casting of one of these nukes costs 750MP total. A lvl 74 nuke (e.g. Prominence) costs 69 MP. So for each mega-nuke, you could also fire ten, nearly eleven standard nukes. And the damage one of these seed nukes does is NOT ten or eleven times as much as a standard nuke. If I remember correctly from the test we did a while ago, it is more like three or four times the damage. So if you just had all three nukers fire one nuke at the same target at the same time, you would probably do the same damage (and have a higher chance of getting a crit), and if they each did another two or three nukes, you would get WAY more damage at the same mp cost.

It is probably worth it to use the Demon Wind nuke because of the debuff effect. But apart from that, I do not see any real use for these costly skills.
Varaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:23 AM   #12
_Meate_
Guardian Archangel

_Meate_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Varaya, you are exactly right. I did all the math before on another thread, but I don't want to go look it up ATM. Basically, the damage/mp cost of Aura Symphony is 1/3 that of the normal nukes. I can do the same damage using Prominence 4 times (~280 mp) as Aura Symphony (750 mp). It's a good skill to try out in the arena on some unsuspecting victim, but that's about it.

I haven't played with Inferno enough yet to realize it's potential. I used it in the arena on a 66 tank, and between the initial damage and DOT, he was left with about 1/2 his HP. It seems the initial damage was ~4500 and another 2500 or so for the DOT. This skill may be worth the MP, but I need to do some more testing still. It's too bad the reuse timer is so long...
_Meate_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:15 AM   #13
faraonu
Elpy

One more thing: In those 5 sec, can I cast both or all three spells, or after first casting the seeds are removed?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #14
_Meate_
Guardian Archangel

_Meate_ is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to get new seeds after you cast.
_Meate_ is offline   Reply With Quote