Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News Archive

Login

News Archive Older news and announcements archived here.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #341
Ansia
Tainted Zombie

Ansia is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Account Migration for NCSOFT Master Accounts

I lost the account of a friend who has gone since 2012 character Visara create account since 2012 without updating its ncaccountmaster.

I stop at the security issue, an account that will be eventually deleted because I have more news of him since 2012.

Even an innocent who picks for others who do not comply once in this game, so thank you people.

Life lineage2
Life Lineage corruption
Bot's life
Goldseller life
Not legit player for life, just here for business poeple who apperciate just your money.

Pfffff it disgusted me. truly free or not? question.

I think leave the game definitly

for event skill name put this "elemental l2gameover" I'm really angry.

PS: I use Google Translate sry for my bad english.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #342
SrStupedHead
Purgatory Shadow

SrStupedHead will become famous soon enoughSrStupedHead will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Account Migration for NCSOFT Master Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynja View Post
Because most of the rmt and illegitimate accounts are brand new ones, thus not even needing to go through this process?

About the only people who are having issues are people who have accounts older than 2012... and most of the big 3rd party guys, not to mention ever single adena spammer, etc... aren't exactly known for having long lived accounts.

So... who does this lack of announcement REALLY hurt? Because it's not those types I can assure you.

I've already stated why I personally didn't do it, until I was forced to do so. Because it's still a loathsome change to me.

As for the support... you mean the support that has 2 years of complaints about this whole situation and process... which has remained unchanged in all that time, up to and including the forced changeover?
Yes, tell me again how much better the support would have been.

Interesting to note that some of the posts in the archived threads about the account migration are posted by people on the current thread that we are on right now.

The only reason the support is overloaded right now is because they have forced EVERY player to go through it at one time, with the only options available being either:
1) Don't play, let accounts be deleted.
2) Suffer through this process to try and avoid #1 but still have it be possible.
Support back when the NC Account and migration was first introduced was in house (perplexes me as to how this fact escapes you even after I have stated it several times). Support that you and every other player who did the "sour grapes" method of solving problems and waited is outsourced to a company that is dedicated to dealing with support from different companies.

As for NCSoft West suddenly forcing everyone to migrate, they have been very lenient up until now: (and yes, I went waaaaaaaay back, Sherman)

Introducing the account system (http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...ight=migration) (http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/anno...tem-update.php)

Support in house concerning migration: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...ight=migration Notice the difference between the support back then to now? No "email me the support ticket number and I will look into it"

A second thread about account migration as posted by Vali: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...ight=migration and a second reminder that it is not mandatory but still essential to enjoy the benefits of a migrated account.

A third thread about account migration (spoilers: 400 NCCoin incentive): http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...ight=migration

and now we have come to this point where they (NCSoft West) stopped coddling and bribing the players to migrating into a singular database and started to say "do it or hit the bricks" in a round about way. You knuckleheads had 2 years and 5 months to deal with your "legitimate" issue (Even more time because it was talked about before it was implemented). Now, you will have to wait just a bit longer to "get with the program" when or if they sort you out at the support site, which is outsourced (I had to emphasized that part just to make sure you get it)
Old 03-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #343
Giena
Elpy

Giena is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCutter View Post
Is vali hiding from this thread? Three days and I haven't gotten close to a non.canned response from.support is there.anything I can do?
same here.Seems nobody take care about our problems.
weekend is coming, and again none will do nothing, because of weekend
I have a q to Vali: how many tickets your stuff already solved??? IMAO - 0

Last edited by Giena; 03-13-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:41 PM   #344
Giena
Elpy

Giena is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiresias View Post
Problem solved. I received a mail from NCSOFT account stuff and gave me the chance to log in and migrated my account. I hope all to find the solution as soon as possible.
Lucky you
Old 03-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #345
PixyLicks
Thunder Wyrm

PixyLicks is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just done my accounts ,IF YOU HAVE TWO GAMES ON ONE ACCOUNT HAVE READ ON HOW TO DO IT, I HAVE LOST ONE OF MY GAME ACCOUNTS
but they are working on it ,it will take time 48hrs to do my accounts
so good work for that ,but should not have come to this
Old 03-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #346
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Asynja is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrStupedHead View Post
and now we have come to this point where they (NCSoft West) stopped coddling and bribing the players to migrating into a singular database and started to say "do it or hit the bricks" in a round about way. You knuckleheads had 2 years and 5 months to deal with your "legitimate" issue (Even more time because it was talked about before it was implemented). Now, you will have to wait just a bit longer to "get with the program" when or if they sort you out at the support site, which is outsourced (I had to emphasized that part just to make sure you get it)
Actually, my "legitimate" issues have nothing to do with being able to do the process. Mine are 100% security concerns, and they have never, ever been addressed in any way whatsoever.

I know all about the in house vs outsourced as well. But literally NOTHING has changed in the process in 2+ years. Look at the issues people had back then. Still have them now. They did absolutely nothing but ignore all the issues and concerns people had, wait awhile, then flip the switch to make it mandatory.

I'm not sure why you don't seem to get why that's an issue?
I personally don't have any real bone in this fight other than the system sucks. Of my 4 accounts, only one that would take 10 minutes and a couple fortune pockets to recreate is in danger. But there are plenty of other people who can't get support to help them get access to their main accounts.

As for the 2 years warning... yeah sure, but there was never any indication of when it would happen. So they may be "in the right", but it's still a complete BS move to just go ahead without any notice about it.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #347
idontknow
Elpy

idontknow is an unknown quantity at this point

where i can see the tickets? this is https://ncsoft.zendesk.com/hc/es ?
Old 03-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #348
SrStupedHead
Purgatory Shadow

SrStupedHead will become famous soon enoughSrStupedHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynja View Post
Actually, my "legitimate" issues have nothing to do with being able to do the process. Mine are 100% security concerns, and they have never, ever been addressed in any way whatsoever.

I know all about the in house vs outsourced as well. But literally NOTHING has changed in the process in 2+ years. Look at the issues people had back then. Still have them now. They did absolutely nothing but ignore all the issues and concerns people had, wait awhile, then flip the switch to make it mandatory.

I'm not sure why you don't seem to get why that's an issue?
I personally don't have any real bone in this fight other than the system sucks. Of my 4 accounts, only one that would take 10 minutes and a couple fortune pockets to recreate is in danger. But there are plenty of other people who can't get support to help them get access to their main accounts.

As for the 2 years warning... yeah sure, but there was never any indication of when it would happen. So they may be "in the right", but it's still a complete BS move to just go ahead without any notice about it.
Actually you pointed out two issues when you said only one, so let's start with the security issue. I totally get the whole using your email as your log in is a security issue, but then again if you gave out an email address that you regularly use then the security issue is you. I totally get the whole forcing people to adopt bad password behavior, but then again majority of users holding any accounts of any kind have different password behavior and they are still bad no matter how complex the password is, there is still social engineering. I totally get how annoying it is to assign different email accounts to every account you want to register through NCSoft West, but if you needed to make more than 3 accounts then you have to put up with the annoying but well thought out method of deterrence. Ok, not really well thought out because email accounts can be created at a fast pace. I agree with you. Information has become a valuable commodity since almost every company that hosts accounts adopts the 3 security questions method of holding accounts secure in their database. But then, if you think about it, if you honestly gave away any true information or gave away true answers to those questions, then the security issue is really you (Social engineering at it's best). Security starts at home, and I hold that still true to this day. Plus, it's not really a secret if two people knows about it.

And, now for the other issue that you mentioned. Sure it was a BS move for NCSoft locking down non-migrated accounts, but they did warn you about a year ago. They started to lock down NCMaster accounts about a year ago in an effort to force people to migrate, but still let people have the ability to log in to their game accounts. Before that, it was just a gentle reminder, followed by bribing, then a prompt after a successful master account log in with an option to do it later. People just ignored it by not logging in to the non-migrated account at the official website. If locking down the master accounts to force you to migrate is not foreshadowing as to what is going to happen in the future, then clearly you can call BS all you want, they did give you guys a warning. You just didn't get the hint.

As for the difference between support today and support in the past. I had a problem migrating an account back then. I contacted support and it was resolved quickly. Resolved with a non cookie cutter response and not deferred to an escalation scale of the problem. It was resolved with a real live person who wrote actual words he formulated from his actual brains while using his troubleshooting skills that is native to his job description of "troubleshoot and resolve game issues regarding NCSoft West software".

Last edited by SrStupedHead; 03-13-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #349
Harkon
Heathen Knight

Harkon is on a distinguished road

i dont realy get it how anyone can defend NC in this matter.

cmon .. they cant even handle a simple adena spammer without hurting a normal player.

How hard is it to set a filter for www.xxxx.com ... they have filters for everything else.

And now we get an account migration that left the very old accounts behind.

I almost never got scammed by a player .. but now i got scammed by NC.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #350
SlyCutter
Antharas

SlyCutter has a spectacular aura about themSlyCutter has a spectacular aura about themSlyCutter has a spectacular aura about them

What most are not understanding too is old time players that come back to game will try to login and realize their account been deleted.

When they did a purge 3 years ago they set anyone inactive more than 90 days an email and warning. They gave them 90 days to login to save their account many did.

In this situation if they delete all those accounts those players will never ever come back to game. So you just dealt yourself a death blow to returning players.

On topic to me though still haven't heard back from support I got a canned response yesterday and 24 hours later still no reply. Being almost 5 pm PST i do not see my playing this weekend.

THANKS NCSOFT!!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:37 PM   #351
Beater
Dark Knight

Beater is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
I don't care about the coins, all i want to known why do i have to migrate an account made AFTER the last time when you asked us to migrate, i use my email to log in not an id
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadius View Post
If you use an e-mail to log in, then you don't have to migrate again.
http://oi57.tinypic.com/35kuc1f.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/33bjthe.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/347fmtk.jpg
Old 03-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #352
SrStupedHead
Purgatory Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
i dont realy get it how anyone can defend NC in this matter.

cmon .. they cant even handle a simple adena spammer without hurting a normal player.

How hard is it to set a filter for www.xxxx.com ... they have filters for everything else.

And now we get an account migration that left the very old accounts behind.

I almost never got scammed by a player .. but now i got scammed by NC.
I defend anyone when they are in the right. Sure, NCSoft West has done some "interestingly nefarious" things and let acts continue that besmudges their credibility. But, honestly, who's fault is it really when they change or enforce something that displeases a mass of people? It is really you every time you click on that "I agree" button at the E.U.L.A. page when you log on. Your "I almost never got scammed by a player" statement ranks up there with "60% of the time, it works every time". But, I still get what you were trying to say, it just made me roll my eyes. Sure, you were scammed by NCSoft. You were scammed by NCSoft because they decided to questionably make their database more efficient by phasing out the master account system. And, you were scammed but in the way that you think.

Last edited by SrStupedHead; 03-13-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #353
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Asynja is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrStupedHead View Post
Actually you pointed out two issues when you said only one, so let's start with the security issue. I totally get the whole using your email as your log in is a security issue, but then again if you gave out an email address that you regularly use then the security issue is you. I totally get the whole forcing people to adopt bad password behavior, but then again majority of users holding any accounts of any kind have different password behavior and they are still bad no matter how complex the password is, there is still social engineering. I totally get how annoying it is to assign different email accounts to every account you want to register through NCSoft West, but if you needed to make more than 3 accounts then you have to put up with the annoying but well thought out method of deterrence. Ok, not really well thought out because email accounts can be created at a fast pace. I agree with you. Information has become a valuable commodity since almost every company that hosts accounts adopts the 3 security questions method of holding accounts secure in their database. But then, if you think about it, if you honestly gave away any true information or gave away true answers to those questions, then the security issue is really you (Social engineering at it's best). Security starts at home, and I hold that still true to this day. Plus, it's not really a secret if two people knows about it.

And, now for the other issue that you mentioned. Sure it was a BS move for NCSoft locking down non-migrated accounts, but they did warn you about a year ago. They started to lock down NCMaster accounts about a year ago in an effort to force people to migrate, but still let people have the ability to log in to their game accounts. Before that, it was just a gentle reminder, followed by bribing, then a prompt after a successful master account log in with an option to do it later. People just ignored it by not logging in to the non-migrated account at the official website. If locking down the master accounts to force you to migrate is not foreshadowing as to what is going to happen in the future, then clearly you can call BS all you want, they did give you guys a warning. You just didn't get the hint.

As for the difference between support today and support in the past. I had a problem migrating an account back then. I contacted support and it was resolved quickly. Resolved with a non cookie cutter response and not deferred to an escalation scale of the problem. It was resolved with a real live person who wrote actual words he formulated from his actual brains while using his troubleshooting skills that is native to his job description of "troubleshoot and resolve game issues regarding NCSoft West software".
That's a much more well thought out response. Although I see no security reason to use an e-mail for a log in, it just makes no sense to use it as one in this case as they had a perfectly working system previously where you could have one nc master account with one e-mail address associated and several game accounts (for different or same) nc games below it. Each had a log in you specified. That was FAR easier to manage, kept everything in one place, and was perfectly serviceable.

The security concerns come from the fact that you use the same log in and password for both sections. Your master account is something you log into far less often. So a prospective bad actor with a keylogger would need to grab a lot more information over a longer period of time in the hopes of getting that information.

The game account however is easy. You log into it all the time. Sure, you could have grabbed that info before, but it would be easy to bump a person offline again and keep doing so, making the ability to actually take anything off the account a bit harder.

You grab it now however, you can potentially gain access to the master account and reset information at your leisure.

Or vice versa, you grab the nc master info from a browser exploit or some such, and now you have the game information. It's just an extra layer of obfuscation that was now removed.

Likewise, because the master account was something you were not in often, it was far more palatable for general users to have a much longer and more complicated password for that... but the game account? Only so much most will put up with. I certainly don't have them quite as complex except for my main account, which took quite a bit of time to memorize and get used to.

Most companies go for the reverse of what they did. Making things not just easier to manage, but more secure. NC soft went the reverse, both harder to manage and less secure. It was, and still is, baffling to me.

And it was as much a warning and saying "we will eventually shut down the servers" and then they power them off without warning 15 years later.

This sort of move needed a VERY specific announcement with a VERY specific date given. They didn't even do an in game announcement beforehand. There are tons of people who don't even come to these forums. They sent out an e-mail and made a post... was it too hard to ask that it was made a couple weeks before hand, instead of pretty much the day of? I don't think so... it's the difference between good community relations and a punch in the gut.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #354
BoW-Ryu
Dark Lord

BoW-Ryu is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Account Migration for NCSOFT Master Accounts

Some GM can tell us what is the issue that cause the error
*We were unable to verify your login. Either your login information was entered incorrectly, or the account system is currently unavailable. Please check the normal downtime schedule and announcements.* ??
Old 03-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #355
VItillo77
Elpy

VItillo77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 03-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #356
Baerthom
Goblin Lord

Baerthom is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on game management, many people who play this game have worked harder than you have this week and are now heading into their weekend unable to even log in and let off a bit of steam and have a laugh in game.

Can we at the least have an update? How many tickets have you guys managed to get down to now? What time frames are you as a profesional business working towards? What are your current SLAs?

Have you got a fix which means you don't need to fix every account manually?

Or have you all gone off shift for the weekend, to hell with us and get back to it on Monday?

I would without bias, suggest that primary school children could communicate more effectively to solve a problem of their own making and I am genuinely not even being nasty to you.

Listen, you didnt know this was going to happen, or you would have never done it. But now it has, can someone in the bloody office take the bull by the horns and sort it out properly??
Old 03-13-2015, 08:24 PM   #357
ThirdEye
Hungry Spirit

ThirdEye is an unknown quantity at this point

why cant i pass stage 1 of verification

why does it take soo long for a response from support

why does it take so long to recieve an email for password reset

why was the migration not announce in the server maintenance page for wednesday

why are the majority of people asking for roll back long time customers 4-11 years

why are there no active customer support staff on forums why why why
Old 03-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #358
bladestinger
Goblin Lord

bladestinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Account Migration for NCSOFT Master Accounts

i i have two accounts cant get them done .
ncsoft migration page freezed not got to step2 or 3 .
cant get past step1 one .
i put many display names it not working .
i got 4 pcs in house .
there migration webpage is broken

Thanks for contacting NCSOFT Support. Based on the information that you have provided in your ticket, it is not clear what issue you may be experiencing. Please respond with a bit more detail if possible, and we can continue our investigation from there.

We look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Travis
NCSOFT Account Support
r 12, 7:02 AM

Hello Judith,

Thanks for contacting the Lineage II Game Support Team.

I’m transferring your ticket to the Account Login Team to assist you. Please provide as much of the information below as possible so that the team can assist you as quickly as possible.

• What first and last name did you use when you created the account?
• What physical address did you use when you created the account?
• What date of birth did you use when you created the account?
• List all possible emails that you would have used on the NCsoft master account.
• List all 20- or 25-digit serial codes for any games you added to the account.
• What is the Unique Account ID for any game accounts you added to the account? (This was sent to you via e-mail on the date your game account was activated with a subject header of 'Game Account Activated'.)
• Billing information: If activated using a credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit card used ONLY. If activated using a game time card, please provide the 20-digit game time card code used to activate the account. If activated using PayPal®, please provide the Transaction ID or the Invoice ID associated with the original activation purchase. If you have an Order ID number from a previous purchase on your NCsoft master account, please provide that as well.

Regards,
GM Raphael
Lineage II Game Support
i did all that but still not fixed .
how really change old account name to email .
gm account team didnot help me
Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #359
SlyCutter
Antharas

SlyCutter has a spectacular aura about themSlyCutter has a spectacular aura about themSlyCutter has a spectacular aura about them

Guess I am most of the other 1300+ petitions are not playing this game till monday.

Thanks Vali for the updates!!!

PS final change my password (took 2 days) didn't work still stuck at part 1 ..........So any other ideas anyone?

PSS I am getting secure connection failed everytime I try anything with account migration now... Wonderful

Last edited by SlyCutter; 03-13-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:35 PM   #360
PixyLicks
Thunder Wyrm

PixyLicks is an unknown quantity at this point

to give you all hope ,they do do it but it takes time ,they have to reset every thing , and give you new PW like this Fix12THemiGRAte so its that type PW you need

if you have TWO games on ONE master read up on how to do it ,its NOT CLEAR on how to get them both to migrate ,I know I've lost one

Last edited by PixyLicks; 03-13-2015 at 11:40 PM.