Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Game Suggestions

Login

Game Suggestions Share your ideas for new or modified game features

Old 04-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #1
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default Bring Fun back to Lineage2 please...

My Dear NCsoft,

Years ago before the time of Nstore, back when Lineage2 was subscription based, players used to have so much fun playing the game.

1. Adena drop was still not good enough to provide players enough to gear their toons for their level, but still it was doable. By the time players re-rolled 3-4 characters, they had enough to equip the full set for their main. Although adena collection was hard, each day players saw the inventory adena grow and this sense of progress towards something, slowly but surely gave them the sense of pleasure and happiness.

2. Spoilers actually spoiled and collected matts and Echant scrolls.
I remember making a Level 10 spoiler, went to talking island to collect LvL1 matt recipes and when I finished my full LvL 1 collection, I was so happy.
I also remember collecting animal bones x 30,000 with my level 20 spoiler. It took me a couple of months of farming; but when I finished, I was able to buy the top C-grade dagger for my main, i.e. Crystal Dagger for 12,000,000 Adena! what a joy I felt on that day!

3. Warsmiths/Maestros actually stayed in town making and selling shots while buying and selling stuff. Trade was very active back then, and business was fun.

4. The AOE party was very active. There was no limit to how many mobs AOE weapons or skills can hit and Mobs didn't go back when aggroed.
Field Exp AOE party was very active, both for warlord party and wizard party. AH~~I am missing Turek badly now. Low Level 20s and 30s getting together...hoping for fast leveling. Lots of LvL 30-40 pks happening there too and although it was annoying at the time, I am missing those days badly now.

...etc....

About 2 years ago, I made a suggestion to Nstore to sell everything including the Adena and also sell Exp directly to players...as an IRONY and SARCASM...but these days, somehow, I get the feeling that someone at NCsoft took this literally and started implementing my sarcastic ideas...

My dear lord...NC...the game has already lost so much of its FUN FACTORS.

1. Joy of Adena farming gone.

2. Joy of Matt collecting and Crafting gone...that you might as well delete the entire dwarf race.

3. Joy of AOE party is gone. Leveling was hard but working together, players were able to achieve a great sense of progress and pleasure by beating the system with their own intelligence and hard work, 100% legit too.

About 50% of the fun playing L2 comes from Farming and the other 50% comes from EXPing. All of these, players used to be able to do with their own intelligence and hard work....

But with the arrival of the Nstore...the majority of the fun feels like almost gone now. It feels as though Drop of everything got nerfed so Nstore can sell more....the AOE party is gone so people will buy EXP stuff from the Nstore....and maybe this way of thinking is working for a small number of players BUT HOWEVER....you gotta realize...you are discouraging and turning even the greater number of players off by doing this.

Every year with the new update, I see a great number of new players trying L2 just to see if the game has become better and many quitting again after trying it for a couple of months. Just nothing to do but spend money at Nstore, they said.

I just don't see the logic...even if you increase adena drop and matt drops so people can farm to gear their toons with basic gears, there are still plenty of stuff to sell at Nstore...La Vi En Rose Jewels, Shirts, Boss jewels, Dark/bloody stones, Enchant tickets...
When players become level 99 and have the basic gears farmed with their own hard work, even this is the case, soon they will all realize they need far more to become GOOD for higher level...and this invisible pressure will encourage them to use Nstore eventually if they wanna make the progress.

Increase the Drop of everything and Revive the AOE party then you will have far greater players and Customers for Nstore.

As a principle, everything available at Nstore SHOULD also be Available in game too. Yes, this includes La Vi En Rose Jewels and shirts too.
Nstore should be there as a way to help people achieve their goals faster, NOT as the Only Way.

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 04-07-2017 at 01:52 AM.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Chucksteak
Dark Lord

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bring Fun back to Lineage2 please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post
My Dear NCsoft,
As a principle, everything available at Nstore SHOULD also be Available in game too. Yes, this includes La Vi En Rose Jewels and shirts too.
Nstore should be there as a way to help people achieve their goals faster, NOT as the Only Way.
Neutron,
Read what dream posted, read it aloud at every meeting. Read the part I quoted every day with your first cup of coffee. No one will disagree with this. We all know you need the NC store to pay the bills. However, when OP items are available for cash only, can't obtain in game, what is separating NC official from any random private server? It's disrespectful, unprofessional and a god **** shame to have ever done this to the greatest PvP MMO ever made.
Anytime anyone thinks about adding the item to the game the FIRST order of business should be, how will this be obtainable in game. Then, and only then, should you work the logistics of what price point it should be. People like me who have to work for a living are still going buy it as we just don't have the time to farm it. How much better would every aspect of L2 be if those who have time can compete with those who have money?
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:15 AM   #3
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Neutron,
Read what dream posted, read it aloud at every meeting. Read the part I quoted every day with your first cup of coffee. No one will disagree with this. We all know you need the NC store to pay the bills. However, when OP items are available for cash only, can't obtain in game, what is separating NC official from any random private server? It's disrespectful, unprofessional and a god **** shame to have ever done this to the greatest PvP MMO ever made.
Anytime anyone thinks about adding the item to the game the FIRST order of business should be, how will this be obtainable in game. Then, and only then, should you work the logistics of what price point it should be. People like me who have to work for a living are still going buy it as we just don't have the time to farm it. How much better would every aspect of L2 be if those who have time can compete with those who have money?
Thank you for your support, I appreciate it.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit

MDMAHigh is an unknown quantity at this point

+1
MDMAHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
dvpKAKdcp
Thunder Wyrm

dvpKAKdcp is an unknown quantity at this point

Go play on 4game they have good drop in all locations what do you mean fun? fun is when you play as othel imba and use flash shadow stab and trick with out coldown and people can t target you? This is mage othel chronicle need wait for patches from korea
dvpKAKdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #6
dvpKAKdcp
Thunder Wyrm

dvpKAKdcp is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoil is useless only in garden of bots good drop
dvpKAKdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #7
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit

MDMAHigh is an unknown quantity at this point

omg no no no , dont go to 4game )

I just came back from theyr ****ty server, low population... I mean like <900 low lol

Market in Aden on Core server is like Aden on Chronos (Chronos market is in Giran ) ).

Plus they have ****ty comunist support (i got hacked / stolen account and they refused to recover my char and items cuz they said I shared account which i didnt, but they recovered my empty account. nice troll right? ) )
Old 04-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #8
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Don't share account information and you eliminate the issue.

The only people getting "hacked" are the people who are sharing or trading accounts and getting owned by it.

Telling them that they have "****** communist support" isn't going to change the evidence, which sticks out like a sore thumb to support, BTW...

--- ---

NCSoft needs to just merge down to 2 servers, TBH. There aren't enough players for 4, when you factor in player activity disparities (between EU and US) and the large number of AFK Cash Shops, etc. that exist on all the servers (making the player numbers seem much better than they actually are).
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote