Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Archived Forums > Grand Crusade Discussion

Login

Grand Crusade Discussion Conversations and feedback about the next major Lineage II content update

Old 04-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #121
golemka
Beleth's Slave

golemka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Level 105 and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Hello Everyone,

Just an update on this, the development team confirmed that the EXP amounts even though being very high are intended and it will not be decreased or changed in the global version.

But after moving on from the EXP table issue, we did agree that doing more 'boost' type events would be the best way to address it. How exactly that will play out and their frequency has not been decided yet. But I will be trying to build a strong case for much higher boost values than before and I think this is the best solution since EXP events are beneficial to everyone at any level.

Thank You
Another L2Store win. But who cares about drops ...
golemka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #122
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Just an update on this, the development team confirmed that the EXP amounts even though being very high are intended and it will not be decreased or changed in the global version.

But after moving on from the EXP table issue, we did agree that doing more 'boost' type events would be the best way to address it. How exactly that will play out and their frequency has not been decided yet. But I will be trying to build a strong case for much higher boost values than before and I think this is the best solution since EXP events are beneficial to everyone at any level.

Thank You
Good decision, this will definitely make things a bit better to close the gap between the players, although not that much.And really do something about the drops, in Grand Crusade they went from none to non-existent.
gg
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #123
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Asynja is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by golemka View Post
Another L2Store win. But who cares about drops ...
Server settings, if they go that route (and hopefully they do) are passive. That they will drive many to purchase more boost items from the store is simply a win for NCsoft, but it won't mean those who purchase nothing cannot participate.

Neutron

I do have to ask however, if this is intended, what does 106-107 and beyond look like?
It's a pretty crazy amount of XP already, if that continues to scale, adjustments needed to make that doable by actual living and breathing humans would make the 1-105 XP virtually irrelevant, the boosts would be so extreme that getting to 105 would essentially be little different than getting to say, 90 or 95 is now.

That may not be a terrible thing, but it would be a pretty big change.
Asynja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #124
Luczin
Imperial Warlord

Luczin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thank You
Bad news for me as a player, good news for my wallet. No need to buy boosts, exp at this rate is impossible unless you create a 2000% exp rune, god only knows what that will cost. Since level 105 is max, and pvp is over because no one will put up wars, so they can try to win click wars, and Olympiad is useless now, there is virtually no reason to log in except for castle sieges.
Luczin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #125
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luczin View Post
Bad news for me as a player,
How would this possibly be bad for you as a player? Ncwest encouraging the median server lvl closer to 105 and leaving the wall as intended would be a giant boon for anyone on the spectrum.

Great news Neutron!

Now for real, I keep buying this prestige pack with the 100% drop rate.......its just that .......100x0=0.

In 6 months of grinding with this on I've seen no drops outside of an occasional mat. I'm on pace to finish faction's with 0 drops worth mentioning.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #126
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
How would this possibly be bad for you as a player? Ncwest encouraging the median server lvl closer to 105 and leaving the wall as intended would be a giant boon for anyone on the spectrum.

Great news Neutron!

Now for real, I keep buying this prestige pack with the 100% drop rate.......its just that .......100x0=0.

In 6 months of grinding with this on I've seen no drops outside of an occasional mat. I'm on pace to finish faction's with 0 drops worth mentioning.
I did the entire 10k quest (closer to 50k mobs) and other than event pouches, I think I had, quite literally, 20 mat drops, and only 2 of those were worth anything (an upgrade rec and a level 5 mat). I also have the prestige pack.

That's ~50k mobs and maybe 100 mil adena in mats if I'm lucky and someone wanted to buy the mats for more than they NPC for. I burned through close to, if not over, 700k shots doing it. That's making a tiny bit of profit on the best case scenario.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #127
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thank You
so how did they explain the fact Korea has many players lvl 108+ and even 109 ?

as there's no way those players got there with the same XP curve we have here lmao.

anyways enjoy the drop in L2store sales as once ppl hit 105 which is going to be rather fast for anyone that puts down a little effort there's no reason / motivation to bother going past that as really 105 -> 106 being 10x 1 -> 105 only completely crazy ppl will bother with that and the majority will stop right there.

No XP event server setting will change that as I somehow just do not see you guys increase that boost so high that people can make a char 105 in 1 week time which is basically the type of boost you would need to get any positive reaction from your soon to be quite large lvl 105 player base lolz

btw I really do love to hear their answer on the amazing achievements of their Korean player base hitting 108+ with the same XP curve as the global version.
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #128
Luczin
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
btw I really do love to hear their answer on the amazing achievements of their Korean player base hitting 108+ with the same XP curve as the global version.
It never happened.

All they did was cut out a portion of the player base, when removing this cap, would cut out no one. If lvl cap was removed, players <105 would still buy runes and stuff to level, and players >105 would buy boosts to level. Now, players >105 will not buy xp runes. That is why I say its good for my wallet, I don't have to buy that destiny pack for the 30 day 100% rune anymore. Bad news as a player, as there is nothing to do. No pvp, click wars, and now can't level my character any further.

Players that put in a little bit of time will all be 105 in a few months. My alliance is full of BR's that don't spend money on this game, and 75% of them (the active ones) are 103+ due to this event. Two updates from now (lets say 20 months), there is 105+ content (passive and active skill increases each level to 110). What are people going to do for that 12-15 months they are 105, with no pvp, and can't progress their character? Answer: they are going to quit.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #129
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynja View Post
It's not about where you start from, it's about your mindset.
You just came back. If you decide you want to improve your toon, set realistic goals and objectives to complete, and then drive forward to get them, then you have put yourself ahead of a great deal of people.

It's not the job of a DD to "powerlevel" support. They both work together. I came back after nearly a year away, I busted my butt for 2 weeks to get back on track and then have done nothing but party people since then. I've never dragged around a boxed buffer, I haven't been doing K99/AF with boxed toons I kick. In fact, when I don't go with clannies, I usually join PUG's to help them out. I brought up an entire group of people with me twice over, because several of them quit for various reasons.

I always encourage others to do the same, all it takes is one person to put in the effort and organize something, and everyone can grow from there.

If you do the same then you aren't the kind of person I'm referring to. Look around, how long have you been gone? How many people were higher level than you that you are now higher level than?
I came back at level 99 and 50%. I have gone and blown past people all the way up to 104 and a significant chunk (I stopped to finish the 10k quest and get the 30% and 100% xp passive). I've seen some others stand virtually at a standstill. They wait around for someone to invite them to an instance. They don't use any vit items or boosts, they don't grind out of town, and they often shun even being invited to a non instance party because the only time they "might" use their vitality is Tuesday night so it resets the next day.
They will get like.. maybe a few % a day at 99/100 sometimes, but often less.
If they boosted themselves to 100/101 or even 102 via the fishing event, they will get even less xp a day doing the "same old thing".
Well it seems the developers do not agree with you.

Also a 3% a day pace is not a bad idea.

There is a soft cap at 105 and getting there faster will not fundamentally change the game for you. There isn't much waiting for you there, anyways, so what's the point in rushing?

You simply pace yourself, log off when you've gotten you XP, and go do IRL things (or play other games). You save a ton of money, too, cause you don't need the L2Store to accomplish this. At 103+ you can lower your XP Quota and probably still make 104/105 before the next update hits.
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #130
Luczin
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post

There is a soft cap at 105 and getting there faster will not fundamentally change the game for you. There isn't much waiting for you there, anyways, so what's the point in rushing?

You simply pace yourself, log off when you've gotten you XP, and go do IRL things (or play other games). You save a ton of money, too, cause you don't need the L2Store to accomplish this. At 103+ you can lower your XP Quota and probably still make 104/105 before the next update hits.

And there you have it neutron. People now know they don't need to buy xp boosts, great business model lol
Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #131
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
And there you have it neutron. People now know they don't need to buy xp boosts, great business model lol
Buying XP Boosts has always been a choice.

The fact that you made logistically bad decisions is your own decision.

You rushed to an end game that doesn't exist, and spent tons of money doing so. Congratulations.

Whether that XP wall is or isn't there wasn't going to change whether or not I felt this game was worth the investment, considering how lackluster the end-game experience in it actually is. Some of us actually play this game for social mingling, and not necessarily to rush to "max level" and dominate others. It also wouldn't have changed how I pace my leveling in this game, because I play other games and have RL obligations and social connections that I keep up with, as well. I've always done this. I've always advocated such a thing, to avoid burn-out. Rushing doesn't help, it just amplifies the impending disappointment when you get there - except you paid a lot to be "first." The store exists to exploit the impatience and power-thirst of players like you, who can't help but rush. It's never worked quite well on players like me. "We" were never giving them many sales, anyways, because we don't care about end-game...

It's always been this way, in all of these F2P, P2W games. When the XP wall is removed, if ever, you will be the first people to farm the L2Store to rush up to the new XP Wall. You will also be the same people to use the same flawed arguments and pseudo-blackmail when you run into the next one.

I've never really spoken for myself in this thread. It wasn't about me. It was about the hundreds of "average" players out there who want to progress without breaking the bank. Those people do matter. They may not contribute a several hundreds a month to the L2Store, individually, but they still contribute and their numbers makes their contribution extremely important to NCSoft's business model. Massive, in fact. You are a minority. They matter more. NCSoft has to maintain at least some semblance of balance, otherwise those people become disenchanted and either stop contributing, or quit altogether - this makes the game worse for YOU, and it plummets their profits. The game is bigger than you and your circle of friends...

In any case, this issue is pretty much settled. Get over it.

Last edited by Trenshero; 04-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #132
Luczin
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Buying XP Boosts has always been a choice.

The fact that you made logistically bad decisions is your own decision.

You rushed to an end game that doesn't exist, and spent tons of money doing so.

The fact that the XP wall is or isn't there wasn't going to change whether or not I felt this game was worth the investment, considering how lackluster the end-game experience in it actually is.
Ya that 45 bucks a month on 30 day rune breaks the bank lol.

I didn't rush to anything, just played the game and since it's so easy to level, 105 just sort of happens.

Last edited by Luczin; 04-20-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #133
Trenshero
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Ya that 45 bucks a month on 30 day rune breaks the bank lol.

I didn't rush to anything, just played the game and since it's so easy to level, 105 just sort of happens. Morons like you don't seem to get it
Running full boosts to do Instances costs considerably more than that. Don't misrepresent the situation.

Try to be less salty.

Enjoy trolling yourself from this point forwards ;-)

Last edited by Trenshero; 04-20-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #134
Luczin
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Running full boosts to do Instances costs considerably more than that. Don't misrepresent the situation.
freya scrolls and/or maphr scrolls you get from events, adena, or free daily coin, clan buff is free, exalted buff is free. What else do you think people are running?

Last edited by Luczin; 04-20-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #135
PhoeniX
Dark Knight

PhoeniX is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahaha, this is fantastic!

Okay, so we're gonna see about smoothing out the grind with server events? This event is +50% xp. With that, running 500% boosts and in a full party of clan members, I got 0.15% after 4 hours of grind. This is on pace to level in two years

===== WISHFUL THINKING BELOW===============

Let's be hypothetical for a moment. Let's say that NCWest does a worthwhile server boost setting. I'm talking +1000% server XP. At that rate and running full boosts, I could rake in 23 trillion xp an hour soloing one of the royal rooms in Superion. That would take me 137 hours to level. If I were to play for 4 hours every day, it would take me 34 days to level to 106 (NOTE: at the current +50% rate in game, I can level 104-105 in 12.3 days @ 4 hours a day).

Meanwhile, everyone at level 99 would go out to EV, kill one mob and instantly gain 0.10%, or 1% after killing just ten nymph roses.

If the lvl 99s could somehow level at the same pace that I could in superion, they would level from 99->105 in 15.5 hours.

Is having worthwhile server boosts the solution to fix the xp wall at 105? I don't really see it as a good fix. But perhaps this is Korea's plan all along. Get everyone on the server to 105 before a new patch is released and the grinders can go off and hit 110 while everyone else pvps at 105.

Bring on the +1000% xp!
PhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #136
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Quote:

I wasn't rushing. The only thing I rushed for was getting all the faction garbage out of the way because I knew it was coming.
I used boosts to get to 99-102 (the 2 weeks) because that's where most of the people I normally played with were at (or higher).
But once that was done, other than the prestige pack? Nothing.
I bought some 7 day 200%'s and saved them away, I got a bunch more stuff from the compensation. But I used nothing other than freya scrolls (adena), and party cakes (also adena, other than the compensation ones).

Now that I'm 104, I'm using all that stored up boost stuff because it's a 50% server boost, and that's the only reason why I'm using it at all.
But I've spent 0 ncoin on boosts in the last 8 months or so, played only a few hours every day (sometimes as little as 1.5 hours), took off a good number of weekends, didn't play on the holidays at all, and yet I'm still 104 now with a large bite taken out of it.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #137
Backstabb1
Thunder Wyrm

Backstabb1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, since I hit 105/105 sounds good.

Just buying the destiny pack (30 day rune) for myself alone over 12 months is saving me 500USD a year also not to mention probably another 500USD in passes/vit boosts/etc etc. Neutron isn't stupid though surely he realizes revenue will decline and the big wigs over in Korea will be scratching their heads as to why no one is buying XP runes. Although I can almost guarantee you he didn't bring up the money factor. Anyways, in 12 months from now we will get the level cap fixed the question is how many players will last without something to log in for?

Let's not mention the dragon situation, does NCwest plan on deleting all pvp gear out of events now? No point in having it after all.
Backstabb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #138
EnvyYou
Elpy

EnvyYou is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
so how did they explain the fact Korea has many players lvl 108+ and even 109 ?

as there's no way those players got there with the same XP curve we have here lmao.

Regardless of the arguments here, this is what i really want to know. No way in hell did anyone in korea get to 108 on 109 with these tables. So how was it done ?
EnvyYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #139
Luczin
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyYou View Post
Regardless of the arguments here, this is what i really want to know. No way in hell did anyone in korea get to 108 on 109 with these tables. So how was it done ?
They didn't, they have different tables.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #140
EnvyYou
Elpy

EnvyYou is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

The EXP amounts even though being very high are intended and it will not be decreased or changed in the global version.

Thank You
So when Neutron says this he is confirming that the global version is indeed different to Korea ? If that's the case it would make sense.
EnvyYou is offline   Reply With Quote