Lineage II Forums  
Old 04-09-2017, 06:28 AM   #1
Ahura
Elpy

Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Endgame ISS setup in Grand Crusade

Hi all, I just wanted to know what endgame gear are Isses using nowadays in open pvp/pve and oly.

Of course it is better to have everything: heavy for massive pvp, light for pve, str dyes for oly, con for open pvp... but lets assume you won't be changing APs and dyes each time you leave town.

So, what is your common setup in GC?

- ¿+10 Heavy or +10 light?
- ¿Duals, 1h+shield or 2h?
- ¿STR or CON Dyes?
- New APs: Knight or warrior tree.

For the record, I'm 103 hierophant and i'm using +10 light set, +12 duals (body/speed body), +5 CON/+1STR dyes, knight tree 19 APs (1st tier: 3 p def, 3 m def, 3 hp, 3 elem def / 2nd tier: 2 light defense / 3rd tier: 1 accuracy / 4th tier: 2 cooldown, 2 crit damage reduction)
Ahura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Endgame ISS setup in Grand Crusade

Kinda weird, you are 103 and dont know how you char is functioning.
At first glance you have best equip that an iss can have, long ago one of the producers said he prefer iss enchanter due to his versatility and he was right...

Most ISS wear heavy armour due to critical reducing pasive buff, all iss have con dyes, as a weapon its degustibus(since your damage comparing with a dd class is low, very low) but most main class ISS have dual swords. Light elf and dominators have shield mastery so they can choose 1h weapon+shield.
The remainig iss who choose 1h weapon choose also sigil not shield, sigil add directly pdef to your stats.

Regarding AP tree, due to his versatility, ISS can be more defensive or more offensive...I saw you have light armour and that mean only one thing...you choose to be offensive iss>>>go on warrior tree.

However, in Salvation Update iss receive a weird buff I think 'hands of einsad' or so, that buff add matack to your normal melee hits if i understud corectly. So, best weapon in the future for iss will be retributer.

You should check rochand forum, there are lots of interesting stuff.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:33 AM   #3
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura View Post
Hi all, I just wanted to know what endgame gear are Isses using nowadays in open pvp/pve and oly.

Of course it is better to have everything: heavy for massive pvp, light for pve, str dyes for oly, con for open pvp... but lets assume you won't be changing APs and dyes each time you leave town.

So, what is your common setup in GC?

- ¿+10 Heavy or +10 light?
- ¿Duals, 1h+shield or 2h?
- ¿STR or CON Dyes?
- New APs: Knight or warrior tree.

For the record, I'm 103 hierophant and i'm using +10 light set, +12 duals (body/speed body), +5 CON/+1STR dyes, knight tree 19 APs (1st tier: 3 p def, 3 m def, 3 hp, 3 elem def / 2nd tier: 2 light defense / 3rd tier: 1 accuracy / 4th tier: 2 cooldown, 2 crit damage reduction)
A mighty 103 iss player with such noobish basic questions, one cant help but to think you should skype your acc vendor for more details. That'd be my best and kind advice.

@Pleistoros: "offensise" and "iss" doesnt match in same sentence. A light user iss is nothing more than a PVE player, in a aoe/raid group.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:18 AM   #4
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

@Astarothy: In essence you are right but It depends, if that iss is your main char then +10 light is the best choice fo pve and for pvp .

When i was play iss as main my best archivement was to solo kartia 95 group, its true... it took me 12-15 min to kill kalios and also I won 80% of oly games with this setup:
lvl 100 Hierophant
+15 con dye
+6 seraph light set
+12 bless r95 duals crit damage/ crit damage mp /no augument
valakas neck
QA+Oct War rings
outlaw talisman
lvl8 venir
hellfire talisman
octavis shirt
pve damage belt
2 slots brooch
rudolf
no main clan

So you see, my setup was not extraordinary...no fancy buffs,etc yet i manage to do things solo.

Talking mass pvp..thats a diferent story...with or without heavy armour iss is 2-3 shots top from a yull. What matter if you are 1 shot or 2 shots?...you die anyway in seconds...
You know **** well mass pvp in our days is about yull vs yull . Iss should stay behind and give AT to who need most in his party- thats a proper gameplay in mass pvp for iss.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:14 AM   #5
Ahura
Elpy

Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarothy View Post
A mighty 103 iss player with such noobish basic questions, one cant help but to think you should skype your acc vendor for more details. That'd be my best and kind advice.

@Pleistoros: "offensise" and "iss" doesnt match in same sentence. A light user iss is nothing more than a PVE player, in a aoe/raid group.
I was asking because I see a lot of mega pro boxed iss, that know everything like you, who say things like "A light user iss is nothing more than a PVE player, in a aoe/raid group". Sometimes i forgot where I'm writing haha.

Feel free to check some noobs with light armors in oly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0j1l7Nd7z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVHgDvX2wEs

But let me be clearer.

The heavy and light armor.

As Pleistoros said, most isses go with Heavy. Ok, good, we all know, thanks man, i didn't want todisturb you with such a basic noobish question. But really? And I'm going to use an iss Hierophant as example.

In nowadays pvp most of your survability comes from damage reduction and not p def, god... even that critical reduction bonus from heavy armors is only for NORMAL attacks. Who use normal attacks in pvp? Evis, maybe titan. So basicly you are changing a glorious -10 skill cooldown (very handy for isses) for a few p def points.

In fact, with the new AP tree the -5% skill cooldown in the knight tree is for ALL skills. With the previous APs you had the same -5% cooldown but only for physical skills (aka br, debuffs, etc). What is the game changer here? Angel touch. Angel touch is a magical skill (as you all mighty pro isses know) and it is affected now with that cooldown reduction. It means that with superior advantage (hiero), +8 light set and 10% cooldown reduction necklace you will have a delay of 0.8 secs between Angel Touchs. In fact, if you have some other item that gives cooldown (Insanity or Greater Aquamarine) you have it perma.

It is amazing in oly because you will have perma angel touch and 3 disparitions/unbind (revelation skills and dye). And with STR setup in oly you can try to deal more damage than your opponent while your tanzanite and barrier are up. As we all know, you shouldn't be fighting if you dont have any of those up (and Angel Touch). But i have to admit that an iss with STR setup is sacrificing too much hp with the new AP tree (most classes lost around 10k hp points) so go for +5CON+1str.

With that said... you can continue with your "where did you buy your toon", "im 100 in +6 seraph light i win 80% oly matches".

I have nothing to see here, we play in different leagues, you have nothing to contribute.
I won't lose any more time with you lol. Have fun and good luck.

Last edited by Ahura; 04-21-2017 at 03:45 AM.
Ahura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
Jagtiger
Grave Predator

Jagtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Your current setup is good with the exception of your AP, one thing though unless your light set is PvP don't bother using it for PvP switch to heavy if you can't afford to make it PvP
Old 04-23-2017, 11:58 PM   #7
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura View Post
With that said... you can continue with your "where did you buy your toon", "im 100 in +6 seraph light i win 80% oly matches".
Friend, your post/your questins sounds like you have no idea about iss. The consecuense was a light response .

I know sometime i tend to do not consider gears/situation ingame from other servers but Zaken...my bad, i apologies. But again, i use past when i said i win matches with this setup .

Btw, my best matches with an ISS in oly on Zaken server were some fights with Kei-Iss Bladedancer...I fight from time to time and I berelly scrach him ....on my evi he won everytime, ISS vs ISS is 1-1. And trust me, he doesnt have uber gear, just knoledge of his char .