Lineage II Forums  
Old 04-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #1
Vanquish
Elpy
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 15
Vanquish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Hey everyone!

As I've mentioned in topic title I'm playing as a Titan (95% PVE). In the near future I'm planning to upgrade my Tauti's 2-H axe to better one. I'm thinking about 3 options so far:
- +12 PVE Retributer
- +12 PVE Slasher
- get my Tauti upgraded to Frenzied one.

Can someone provide me with some advice about it? What should I go for, etc?
Vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
billcosby
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 105
billcosby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

As a top tier titan you will want 3 weapons. Slasher/Retributer/Polearm. Forget the tauti, its crap.
billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #3
Vanquish
Elpy
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 15
Vanquish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcosby View Post
As a top tier titan you will want 3 weapons. Slasher/Retributer/Polearm. Forget the tauti, its crap.
OK, so definitely NO for Tauti's. Can't afford slasher and retributer in one go so which one should be my first choice?
Vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcosby View Post
As a top tier titan you will want 3 weapons. Slasher/Retributer/Polearm. Forget the tauti, its crap.
WOW, such bad info.

This advice is completely misleading. He used the key words "top tier" but failed to provide any context.

So lets just go over a few things and hopefully help you make a more informed decision.

First off, you don't need a pole regardless of which "tier" you are in. The "top tier" titans on Chronos "might" have poles but I would estimate they use them maybe 1% of the time. The reasons for this are simple; there are only a few places left where a pole is viable AND, even if you wanted to go that route you could make more XP somewhere else single targeting. AF is probably the last remaining place where a pole is still useful. But again, this would only be for leveling your faction because you could get more XP in other places. I suppose a pole would be nice in GC upper demons for faction/10k but you certainly don't need a +12 Bloody; those mobs are so weak almost anything would work. A pole "might" also be nice in AF or SoS instance but my experience leads me to believe that a Titan with a 2h kills just as fast (if not faster) by just next targeting (the total P.Attack difference is just huge).

So yeah; pole = essentially useless.

Next up on billcosby wonderful advice; a retributer.

There are a few arguments for getting a retri but I would still advise against it. The main point of a retri is the ability to utilize SoS from an un-awakened tank. However; this really only applies to raiding. A retri is great for doing open field raids and duoing AF/Kama. For grinding a slasher is better. Again; most of the "top tier" Titans on Chronos swapped there retris for slasher during the last libre and never looked back. The reasons for this should be obvious; slasher p.attack is immensely higher than retri. These titans saw that their kill speed actually INCREASED with the slasher because their p.attack was so much higher and they didn't have to wait on SoS or deal with the hassle of boxing it. Regardless of how much adena/$$ you drop into your SoS tank you will still have downtime.

So yeah, Slasher FTW.

Finally, a few remarks about Tauti. An improved Tauti would be a good choice if the cost wasn't so much. With the changes to attributes, the difference between improved Tauti and +12 slasher have narrowed considerably. Added to this the fact that you can aug the new Tauti and it is worth a look. It's also better in PvP than a Bloody Slasher .
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
Vanquish
Elpy
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 15
Vanquish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Rodah, thanks a lot for your answer to my question. That clarified all my doubts about weapon upgrade. Now I know for sure I'll go for Slasher. Was thinking about upgrading Tauti's but if I'll be not lucky enough I'll need 5x Tauti weap... That is way to expensive...

Once again big thanks to you!
Vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #6
smokas
Dark Lord
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 236
smokas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

for starters u can buy enhanced shadow weapon its not bad if cost like 15b or less and its like pve +9/10 . i alredy test enhanced shadow fist on my evis(101lvl) doing kama with my iss for 11mins not bad for budget weapon
smokas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #7
Jurnaq
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 101
Jurnaq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
These titans saw that their kill speed actually INCREASED with the slasher because their p.attack was so much higher and they didn't have to wait on SoS or deal with the hassle of boxing it. Regardless of how much adena/$$ you drop into your SoS tank you will still have downtime.
Downtime is few secs with good setup. But I agree, in some situations SoS is hassle
Jurnaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #8
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 646
KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
WOW, such bad info.

This advice is completely misleading. He used the key words "top tier" but failed to provide any context.

So lets just go over a few things and hopefully help you make a more informed decision.

First off, you don't need a pole regardless of which "tier" you are in. The "top tier" titans on Chronos "might" have poles but I would estimate they use them maybe 1% of the time. The reasons for this are simple; there are only a few places left where a pole is viable AND, even if you wanted to go that route you could make more XP somewhere else single targeting. AF is probably the last remaining place where a pole is still useful. But again, this would only be for leveling your faction because you could get more XP in other places. I suppose a pole would be nice in GC upper demons for faction/10k but you certainly don't need a +12 Bloody; those mobs are so weak almost anything would work. A pole "might" also be nice in AF or SoS instance but my experience leads me to believe that a Titan with a 2h kills just as fast (if not faster) by just next targeting (the total P.Attack difference is just huge).

So yeah; pole = essentially useless.

Next up on billcosby wonderful advice; a retributer.

There are a few arguments for getting a retri but I would still advise against it. The main point of a retri is the ability to utilize SoS from an un-awakened tank. However; this really only applies to raiding. A retri is great for doing open field raids and duoing AF/Kama. For grinding a slasher is better. Again; most of the "top tier" Titans on Chronos swapped there retris for slasher during the last libre and never looked back. The reasons for this should be obvious; slasher p.attack is immensely higher than retri. These titans saw that their kill speed actually INCREASED with the slasher because their p.attack was so much higher and they didn't have to wait on SoS or deal with the hassle of boxing it. Regardless of how much adena/$$ you drop into your SoS tank you will still have downtime.

So yeah, Slasher FTW.

Finally, a few remarks about Tauti. An improved Tauti would be a good choice if the cost wasn't so much. With the changes to attributes, the difference between improved Tauti and +12 slasher have narrowed considerably. Added to this the fact that you can aug the new Tauti and it is worth a look. It's also better in PvP than a Bloody Slasher .
I disagree with most of this actually. As a Titan who has a Bloody Pole/Slasher/Retributer I find myself using the Retributer and Pole more than I do the Slasher. While yes the Pattack is higher with the slasher that doesn't always mean you deal more damage. I don't mind boxing and with SoS up Retributer damage is roughly 85% higher because of Critical Damage. With just a Frint Necklace my sos is down for about 35 seconds in between SoS's, most of the time I don't even bother switching to Slasher between. I would like to see a titan doing GC lower solo with a Slasher compared to a Retributer. I know it can be done with a slasher, but how about efficiency?

As for the Pole, If you plan on leveling solo aoe anywhere in game I would say its a good investment, however this is where I do somewhat agree with Rodah. Most of the places you are going to use a pole at are lower level than you or not that strong in general. AF faction being the one exception. And while yes hitting with either a slasher or retributer is going to give you more damage, it works much the same with SoS. Using furious slasher will give you 5 targets with a slasher or retributer, using a pole, you get that all the time regardless of skill.

I'm not telling you to get either. If you don't mind boxing a extra toon and you solo more than party, retributer for me was an obvious choice. If you plan on party xp, then I would assume the slasher would be better. Pole you should get after you get main weapon perfect, its just an added benifit, but its doesn't have to be +12 Bloody, a +7 or higher standard or upgraded shadow would be fine in most cases.

P.S. Warning though, Boxing an SoS buffer can be a serious pain in the ***, its a 1 shop basically everywhere past 97+.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #9
Vanquish
Elpy
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 15
Vanquish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
I disagree with most of this actually. As a Titan who has a Bloody Pole/Slasher/Retributer I find myself using the Retributer and Pole more than I do the Slasher. While yes the Pattack is higher with the slasher that doesn't always mean you deal more damage. I don't mind boxing and with SoS up Retributer damage is roughly 85% higher because of Critical Damage. With just a Frint Necklace my sos is down for about 35 seconds in between SoS's, most of the time I don't even bother switching to Slasher between. I would like to see a titan doing GC lower solo with a Slasher compared to a Retributer. I know it can be done with a slasher, but how about efficiency?

As for the Pole, If you plan on leveling solo aoe anywhere in game I would say its a good investment, however this is where I do somewhat agree with Rodah. Most of the places you are going to use a pole at are lower level than you or not that strong in general. AF faction being the one exception. And while yes hitting with either a slasher or retributer is going to give you more damage, it works much the same with SoS. Using furious slasher will give you 5 targets with a slasher or retributer, using a pole, you get that all the time regardless of skill.

I'm not telling you to get either. If you don't mind boxing a extra toon and you solo more than party, retributer for me was an obvious choice. If you plan on party xp, then I would assume the slasher would be better. Pole you should get after you get main weapon perfect, its just an added benifit, but its doesn't have to be +12 Bloody, a +7 or higher standard or upgraded shadow would be fine in most cases.

P.S. Warning though, Boxing an SoS buffer can be a serious pain in the ***, its a 1 shop basically everywhere past 97+.
What SA should I get for Slasher/Retributer?
Vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #10
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 646
KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
What SA should I get for Slasher/Retributer?
Critical Damage should always be your main SA, It is more important than any other. Second SA is kinda up to you depending on supporting gear. If you don't have 1500 attack speed and close to 500 critical rate attempt to boost that as high as you can. If you are already close to max, roughly 90% of max I would go with might SA. All my weapons are Critical Damage/Might.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #11
KingBuff
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Milky Way
Posts: 1,487
KingBuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
A pole "might" also be nice in AF or SoS instance but my experience leads me to believe that a Titan with a 2h kills just as fast (if not faster) by just next targeting (the total P.Attack difference is just huge).

So yeah; pole = essentially useless.

.
I have to disagree. In AF instance (command post) with a good tank or feoh and no one doing knockdowns so the mobs can be properly grouped, my plus 12 blessed Stormer can kill the mobs significantly faster than my gk with plus 14 bloody or my titan with plus 12 bloody... It is the difference between a 10 to 15 minute instance or a 6 to 10 minute one...

There are definitely uses for it especially if you wanna solo aoe atelia someday.. But yes outside of that there really aren't any great exp places using a pole except loc (can be comparably better than other places if done properly) or hf aoe (there are better single target places).

As for retri versus slasher argument... Either get retri and sos or change to gk and just get fists... Gk with fists will do more dps than titan especially with an Evis doing debuff unless the titan uses sos and retri. Also a plus 12 3sa retri is equivalent to a 2sa plus 12 slasher without sos...

Also the enhanced tauti is probably the best choice. Better at pvp than bloody... Similar damage (possibly slightly more) and is great with sos

Last edited by KingBuff; 04-18-2017 at 03:25 PM.
KingBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:14 PM   #12
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

WOW, I swear, sometimes I just don't understand some peoples posts. It's as if instead of reading the Op and giving sound advice based on the information given they nit-pick trough each post trying to "prove" someone else is wrong.

Well, ok then, I can do that too......

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
..............With just a Frint Necklace my sos is down for about 35 seconds in between SoS's, most of the time I don't even bother switching to Slasher between. I would like to see a titan doing GC lower solo with a Slasher compared to a Retributer. I know it can be done with a slasher, but how about efficiency?
................
Your not getting that reuse with just a Frint; you probably have a +8 Light Set and/or Evas.

You want to see a Titan easily clear lower with a slasher? PM MaphrOno or CinnamonToast on Chronos. Both are 104/105 and had +15/16 Retris and switched to slasher...... FYI, Cin can do 300 GC lower quest with a slasher in well under an hour with just PoM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuff View Post
I have to disagree. In AF instance (command post) with a good tank or feoh and no one doing knockdowns so the mobs can be properly grouped, my plus 12 blessed Stormer can kill the mobs significantly faster than my gk with plus 14 bloody or my titan with plus 12 bloody... It is the difference between a 10 to 15 minute instance or a 6 to 10 minute one...

There are definitely uses for it especially if you wanna solo aoe atelia someday.. But yes outside of that there really aren't any great exp places using a pole except loc (can be comparably better than other places if done properly) or hf aoe (there are better single target places).
Again, completely misleading. Do you use your pole for the mini boss on stage 2? Or how about Burn? Do you keep the pole equiped or do you switch to your Slasher??

So yeah, in a "perfect" situation a pole can "potentially" decrease your AF Instance speed by a few minutes. Assuming you also have a Bloody Slasher too amiright?????

Just FYI, I completely agree with you on the other points GK > Evis/Titan.
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #13
billcosby
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 105
billcosby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Sure its not thought out response, But it covers all base you twit.
While I never use the new version version tauti, The old was all dark damage, 98% of the game uses dark resist. Bad.

Slasher while its great in single target, doesnt even compare damage wise to retri and sos when that is up, sure it takes work but its fun. PVP slasher is a must anyways.

If You decide to gain XP outside of instances, you would probably utilize polearm alot. Dont Limit yourself to instances. Solo pulling Atelia Fortress, at least during this event is the best XP is among the best XP in the game currently.
billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #14
EnvyYou
Elpy
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
EnvyYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post

Your not getting that reuse with just a Frint; you probably have a +8 Light Set and/or Evas.
Not trying to nitpick but he is right, if he was running + 8 set and evas his reuse would be around 10 seconds, 35 sec reuse is what you would get from frint.
EnvyYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:26 AM   #15
PhoeniX
Dark Knight
 
PhoeniX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 151
PhoeniX is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
I would like to see a titan doing GC lower solo with a Slasher compared to a Retributer. I know it can be done with a slasher, but how about efficiency?
I can not give you a side-by-side comparison, as I no longer have a ret, but I was clearing the 300 quest with my ret in 35-40 minutes. This was with an SoS buffer with only 8 second downtime.

I've since moved over to a slasher, and my kill times for the 300 quest are under 30 minutes. It would be disingenuous for me to claim the increased p.atk is carrying me on this, because I've had a lot of upgrades since using a ret, and I now also run Freya's Bloody Rune (+15% pve damage).

I'm confident that if I were to use a retributor now that I would complete the quest even faster, however I'm not too keen to test that out because I'm tired of baby-sitting an SoS buffer. My buffer died constantly from AOE splash from the Kshana nukes, and it became a huge chore trying to manage two out-of-party buffers. Not to mention trying to explain to clan members why I'm a selfish ***** and taking my SoS buffer as the 7th slot over them.

The slasher has given me a lot more freedom to clear content, and I'm no longer severely gimped in a 7-man party. Perhaps I can see if there's anyone that will let me borrow a +15 or 16 ret, and I'll go make a comparison video. Something to move to the back-burner for now.
PhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:45 AM   #16
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 646
KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Titan - weapon upgrade question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoeniX View Post
I can not give you a side-by-side comparison, as I no longer have a ret, but I was clearing the 300 quest with my ret in 35-40 minutes. This was with an SoS buffer with only 8 second downtime.

I've since moved over to a slasher, and my kill times for the 300 quest are under 30 minutes. It would be disingenuous for me to claim the increased p.atk is carrying me on this, because I've had a lot of upgrades since using a ret, and I now also run Freya's Bloody Rune (+15% pve damage).

I'm confident that if I were to use a retributor now that I would complete the quest even faster, however I'm not too keen to test that out because I'm tired of baby-sitting an SoS buffer. My buffer died constantly from AOE splash from the Kshana nukes, and it became a huge chore trying to manage two out-of-party buffers. Not to mention trying to explain to clan members why I'm a selfish ***** and taking my SoS buffer as the 7th slot over them.

The slasher has given me a lot more freedom to clear content, and I'm no longer severely gimped in a 7-man party. Perhaps I can see if there's anyone that will let me borrow a +15 or 16 ret, and I'll go make a comparison video. Something to move to the back-burner for now.
This is kind of my point. I think SoS + Retributer is better damage than slasher, HOWEVER yes the point is, it is a serious pain the *** to baby sit your SoS buffer. I couldn't have said it better myself. Mine dies all the time in K99 from aoe damage as well when its on auto follow behind me iss who is debuffing.

If I had a +15 or +16 retributer I would let you, unfortunately I'm not that lucky and only have a +12. As for the party thing, I don't really care all that much. I use a retributer in a Party all the time and still don't bring my SoS buffer with me. Does it bother me that I'm loosing out on the 10-15% pattack, meh not really, does it bother anyone else, meh not really because I play with people I know and like. They understand why I have the retributer. I set my toon up as a solo character mostly because of the timezone that I play in.

Whatever you choose just stick with it, don't be finicky about it. Pick one, stick with it, don't look back. If one day they stop allowing us to use SoS, I'll either switch to Slasher and drop the sos buffer or just switch back to a Dreadnought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
Your not getting that reuse with just a Frint; you probably have a +8 Light Set and/or Evas.
And yes just to be sure because I was guessing earlier, but with only standard lvl 4 iss buffs + Wizards Harmony and a Frint Soul necklace Reuse time is exactly 35 seconds from the time SoS buff drops until the time it can be reused again. I'm not a hardcore enough player to even consider Eva's runes on an alt, Let alone spending the 4-5B to get a +8 Immortal Light set, I'm just not that involved.

Last edited by KissThis; 04-21-2017 at 06:04 AM.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.