Lineage II Forums  
Old 11-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #1
Delecta
Goblin Lord

Delecta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aeore Comparative Study

I am an Eva's Saint lvl 100 and wanted to make an ertheia dual healer the other day. I asked in the general channel about which healer is best and some other questions about whether racials are transferred to subs etc...

Few people really replied to me with interesting info. Most just made fun of my questions and started to trash talk. So I took it to the l2 wiki and tried to make a comparison of passive and active skills between healers, hoping that the page was up to date and accurate.

Aeore is my favorite class and I'd like to discover everything there is to know about it. After that I wrote my comparison between healer classes, which you can read here:

http://ankontini.com/best-healer-aeore-class/

Constructive criticism, ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Delecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
s0vijus
Tainted Zombie

s0vijus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore Comparative Study

Good idea, not the best implementation.

When comparing don't forget the preawakening skills such as clan purge for cardinal or enlightenment for shillien saint (don't know if it is erased after awakening).

Also bear in mind the skill enchant bonuses, for example divine prayer (cardi) has p def increase choice and divinity of einhasad can be prolonged.

Imho best option would be making a table with sections: support skills / debuff skills / 101 skills / etc with providing enchant bonus info.

Grouping oly and siege pvp is not the brightest idea as those are two very different aspects of healer's gameplay.

Furthermore when speaking of siege/mass pvp note that most parties use two healers, and for example two eva's saints with same tree might be good option for perpetual purge but maybe having eva's saint +cardi or shillien saint is better combo.

Your comparison at this moment is way too basic and provides little to none usefull info to higher level players and is also not detailed enough to make a reasonable choise for new players.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
Heisenberg
Elpy

Heisenberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Aeore Comparative Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delecta View Post
I am an Eva's Saint lvl 100 and wanted to make an ertheia dual healer the other day. I asked in the general channel about which healer is best and some other questions about whether racials are transferred to subs etc...

Few people really replied to me with interesting info. Most just made fun of my questions and started to trash talk. So I took it to the l2 wiki and tried to make a comparison of passive and active skills between healers, hoping that the page was up to date and accurate.

Aeore is my favorite class and I'd like to discover everything there is to know about it. After that I wrote my comparison between healer classes, which you can read here:

http://ankontini.com/best-healer-aeore-class/

Constructive criticism, ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Great work here, thank you for putting the time into it. My main is a Shillien Saint and I always wondered how the SS stacks up against the Eva & Cardinal, so I'm grateful that someone took the time to analyze.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Minna
Elpy

Minna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
it's nice to meet another healer enthusiast!
I read your comparative piece and I have a few comments.

I liked that you devoted a special paragraph to the 101 skills, but i would appreciate one on the 99/(97) "rune stone" skills as well. I know those are not seen as important as 101 skills, but a short introduction would do . Maybe even add a "At level 85" title in front of your "Passive" and "Active" paragraphs and that way have all the skills arranged by level of acquisition :3.

I also like s0vijus' idea of mentioning possible enchant routes for the class skills =). You could mention them for each skill individually, or where enchants routes are the same for all skills, at the end of a paragraph:
"Both can be enchanted for one of the following: p. def, m. def, speed."
(example:
party mass buffs (Divine prayer, Mass mana gain))

I'd like to correct you on one account: Eva's passive that grants its skills -10% CD does not apply on Rebirth. That fact has less to do with the passive skill, than with the nature of Rebirth itself. Rebirth is a skill that has a fixed CD no matter what. It will always be 10 min, regardless of class, armor passives, jewel passives, buffs. Other fixed CD skills, for example, are the single and party celestials (always 2 minutes).

Noting the advantage of S. saint in Oly is a clever observation, but you didn't point out the Eva's advantage in mass pvp: the -CD passive skill (faster reuse on mass purge, balance, favour, etc. is a blessing in such situations =)).
Cardi's M. benediction is a nice feature but i think its usefulness in mass pvp is lesser than you imply.
With all that said, I love and play every healer class and I firmly believe they all do great. People just need to focus on the strong points and correct the supposed weaknesses with build and gear tweaks^^

Keep up the excitement for the healer class and I hope you add more to your article =)

Last edited by Minna; 11-20-2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Some grammar mistakes...probably a lot more to be found =D
Minna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:15 AM   #5
Delecta
Goblin Lord

Thank you guys! I didn't expect such rich and thoughtful comments! I will correct the remark on rebirth! You are right!

I will also slowly try to add more information from various aspects but first I have to do a bit of research on some of these things you suggested. I don't really know all that stuff you suggested, that's one of the reasons I wrote that article, to discover myself what would be the best healer for my alt dual xD.

But since you guys are encouraging me so much to make this more detailed and more responsible, I have decided to do it! Stay tuned!

I wrote today another article for healers on the Sustain skill. I could also put some more details in it. I was just shocked today, when I discovered that casting it 4 times, quadruples the healing power! So I had to write it fast :O

Here it is if you want to read: http://ankontini.com/tips-for-healers-01-sustain/

Edit: I was under the impression that ever since I wore cooldown reducing necklace, my purge skill had its reuse time reduced. But right now it says 1 minute with the necklace and 1 minute on the website. I am going to test purge and rebirth and report back.

I tested Rebirth and the cd is 10 minutes, but Brilliant has cd 35 seconds and not 1 minute as the skill says, for my Eva's Saint. I wonder how we can know which skills have fixed cd and which not!

Last edited by Delecta; 11-22-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #6
Attutmaruun
Dark Lord

Attutmaruun is an unknown quantity at this point

35 seconds on briliant, is that with buffs?
What cooldown necklace are you wearing? my reset and briliant CD with soul Frintezza (-10%) and standard iss buff + wizard (no tank present, no eva rune) is ~23s, with b.freya (-5% magic) is ~27s
I haven't noticed sustain having that great impact to call it 'quadruple', yes, it does change 4k heal to 5k heal, but with balance life at 7seconds CD casting it on anything other then on tank or 100k+ hp tyrr or on one DD that keeps aggro all the time, is a waste to me. Maybe you were comparing normal heals with critical heals?

how to check which skills has fixed CD? use it once, and then use it again when finished casting ;-) if it same as says on the site (despite full buff and items) then it's fixed (like rebirth,CL, Salvation)

Cardinal Benediction (worth pointing that it an be enchanted to recover some small amount of MP) has a long re-use, it is a nice to have skill (like S.Saint one person rebirth) but I do not miss it after swapping to E.Saint.
Attutmaruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #7
Delecta
Goblin Lord

I tested it without buffs, with Istina's Necklase.

If you check the buff you get on yourself when you cast sustain, it increases healing power by 50. If you cast it again 4 times (before the 15 seconds run out) it gets to 200.

So far, it's a good tool for me when I heal at Embryo and especially in K99 where we use SOS and the healing is greatly decreased! With SOS my single heals have almost no effect, whereas with sustainx4 I may save someone until balance or celestial is available again. I am not saying its the best aeore skill! I am just saying that it is not a useless skill as I thought before.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:33 AM   #8
Attutmaruun
Dark Lord

Attutmaruun is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm aware of that, though healing power 200 means literally 200 hp more on standard heals.
usually on SOS it's my quick nap time balance for iss

FYI, balance and sustain can be enchanted to power, it changes 222 heal to 244/245 each tick when +10

as for self sustain, it can be makro'ed:
/target %self
/useskill sustain
/targetprevious (not sure of spelling order, can be dragged from alt+c window)
Attutmaruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:19 AM   #9
Delecta
Goblin Lord

That's very interesting thanks! I hadn't looked into enchanting it! Thats exciting!

I have been looking for a macro to target myself for a long time and I had been using /target (my chars name) but it was really very slow. I mostly tried to use it on olympiad for selfheals but it was incredibly slow in comparison to targeting myself and healing. Some players confirmed to me that due to the ping, the macro to target oneself is not a good idea. I am not sure if /target %self works faster, I will try to test that.

However, this macro can be useful in other situations that do not require a lot of speed.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:30 AM   #10
Delecta
Goblin Lord

Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I tried the macro and there are 2 problems with it:

1. targeting onesself stil takes a lot of time via the macro /target %self
2. /previoustarget (not /targetprevious ) has some issues just like /attack has for fighters when used after /targetnext.

The issue is that it does not always return the target to the previous one but either it does nothing or it targets a nearby toon. Sometimes it works, but not always.

You must have noticed the issue with /attack on fighters when used after /targetnext. It returns the target to the previous dead mob. Something like this seems to be happening on /previoustarget as well.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #11
Isa
Tainted Zombie

Isa is an unknown quantity at this point

Very organized document, simple and with the most important differences between the healer classes.

But picking "the best healer for oly" is something ppl shouldn't even ask for. Because there isn't anymore the hero of all healers. Every class has it hero. If you want to be EE hero or cardi hero, is not being shillien saint that will give you the hero of the other healer classes. If everyone wants to see the healer giving more dmg on the other classes (forgetting that the gear and the way ppl play matter a lot) then maybe everyone would go to shillien saint and there wouldn't be competition or heroes for cardinal and ee.

In oly is w/e... is fighting for the class you like most to play and get more points than all other opponents of the same class as you... not more points than the 1st shillien saint healer if you are a cardinal healer (others class don't matter).

Picking the best healer for pve or pvp depends on what you find mroe important and fits better on your way to play. Because the classes are in some way balanced (what one has good, the other has something good in other aspect). Don't think you're going to fail an instance just because you picked a different healer class or fail a pvp because you are A, B or Y.

In my point of view, even appreciating some skills from cardi and shillien saint, i'll always miss the ee. EE will always be my favorite healer class because of its CD reduction. I'm a person always in a hurry to purge , to cast etc. I love speed and it fits better on my way to play. So this is how you "should" think: what do you valorize more on playing a healer?
Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
Isa
Tainted Zombie

Isa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delecta View Post
That's very interesting thanks! I hadn't looked into enchanting it! Thats exciting!

I have been looking for a macro to target myself for a long time and I had been using /target (my chars name) but it was really very slow. I mostly tried to use it on olympiad for selfheals but it was incredibly slow in comparison to targeting myself and healing. Some players confirmed to me that due to the ping, the macro to target oneself is not a good idea. I am not sure if /target %self works faster, I will try to test that.

However, this macro can be useful in other situations that do not require a lot of speed.
Hm... I've always used /target (my nick) macro and i never got problem with that. but the only thing i have written in my macro is to target myself. If i added the skill than it would be really slow. Just for target self it works perfect for years.
Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #13
marw
Dark Lord

marw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa View Post
Hm... I've always used /target (my nick) macro and i never got problem with that. but the only thing i have written in my macro is to target myself. If i added the skill than it would be really slow. Just for target self it works perfect for years.
Same.