Lineage II Forums  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Madrek
Elpy

Madrek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Races??

so with GOD comin out, the reasons we played certain classes over others will be null and void. (ie. picked SK > paladin for shield defense)

so if the classes are all going to be the same, will they let people re-choose their race?? because now of course, what makes your char different from every other say, sigel knight, is what race you have. if the reason you picked a certain race is now gone, then you should be able to choose a new race to match what you like. imo.
Madrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Dagga
Thunder Wyrm

Dagga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Races??

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8002/sansre6b.png

Player lose their " Basic charasteristics " when they got " Attribute after awakening "
Dagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough

the point is he wants the option to change his race. which seems a reasonable request since they are changing everything else.
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Dagga
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaeda View Post
the point is he wants the option to change his race. which seems a reasonable request since they are changing everything else.
i posted hit cause :

Usualy ppl make a DE for hight critic power,it will not change in GOD.

ppl make LE for hight evasion , critic rate and speed, it will no change in GoD

ppl make ORC for hight CON and strenght ,it won't change in GoD

ppl make human for his survivability, it won't change in GoD

ppl make Dwarf, well for nothing tbh but they have hight CON so...

ppl make kameal for pvp advantage,it won't change in GoD ( +1% dmg in pvp ).

by seeing thing like that it has not realy change and anyway everyone will have the same skill so ,better to continue for these option no ?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #5
populus
Antharas

populus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about thempopulus has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagga View Post
i posted hit cause :

Usualy ppl make a DE for hight critic power,it will not change in GOD.

ppl make LE for hight evasion , critic rate and speed, it will no change in GoD

ppl make ORC for hight CON and strenght ,it won't change in GoD

ppl make human for his survivability, it won't change in GoD

ppl make Dwarf, well for nothing tbh but they have hight CON so...

ppl make kameal for pvp advantage,it won't change in GoD ( +1% dmg in pvp ).

by seeing thing like that it has not realy change and anyway everyone will have the same skill so ,better to continue for these option no ?
DE will have high crit dmg, so will other high str classes.

LE will be worse off at speed because they are *normalizing* the speed across all classes, the +15 speed while not in combat is near worthless in most cases.

Con will affect shield block rate, so high con on Orcs may yield higher ratio of orc tankers.

Humans don't survive well now, their con is pretty good but their weaker mdef makes them more vulnerable to spells. If you're talking about tanks and glads, it's their class that allows them to survive better.

I am really looking forward to the dwarf aoe knockdown skill XD I think it can be pretty devastating and would make them look like RBs!!! =D

No comment about kamaels :x I dislike them for being overpowered!! :P
populus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
Sigge
Thunder Wyrm

Sigge is on a distinguished road

Well, it seems like the only thing that is important is Race, everything else can be changed when GoD hits.
Sigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by populus View Post
LE will be worse off at speed because they are *normalizing* the speed across all classes, the +15 speed while not in combat is near worthless in most cases.
good example for a simple question as this will be completely new set for each race in GoD so if you have a list of all basic settings plz post/share =)

to clarify each race will have different run speed from what I understood..
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
Dagga
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
LE will be worse off at speed because they are *normalizing* the speed across all classes,
The +15 spd will be usefull more for dagger in pvp.

usualy dagger make hide befor get hiting so when they are in hide they are still in peace mode so the bonus spd is still work.

Exemple because we don't know the new spd of every class: if the new speed of a elven in fight is 160 so with his spd in peace is 175

Hide give -20% spd, so dagger with 160 spd will have 128 in spd in hide , elven with 175 spd will have 140 spd in hide.

if the elven do dash and hide befor get hiting he up at 215 so 172 spd with dash in hide, a dagger with 160 will have 200 spd so 160 with dash in hide.

its the only way where i can see the +15 spd in peace can be usefull in pvp

Last edited by Dagga; 07-20-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
Fenris von Ulfer
Tainted Zombie

Fenris von Ulfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Con will affect shield block rate, so high con on Orcs may yield higher ratio of orc tankers.

Humans don't survive well now, their con is pretty good but their weaker mdef makes them more vulnerable to spells. If you're talking about tanks and glads, it's their class that allows them to survive better.

I am really looking forward to the dwarf aoe knockdown skill XD I think it can be pretty devastating and would make them look like RBs!!! =D

No comment about kamaels :x I dislike them for being overpowered!! :P
wtf are u talking about ... when race which havent got tanks (orcs/dwarfs/kamaels) take a tank after awakening they will have stats from human... that what i heard

Last edited by Fenris von Ulfer; 07-20-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Fenris von Ulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #10
Dagga
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris von Ulfer View Post
wtf are u talking about ... when race which havent got tanks (orcs/dwarfs/kamaels) take a tank after awakening they will have stats from human... that what i heard
Wrong , they keep their race stat , it as been already talked. They only keep human skill.

But too much block rate can be worse for a tank in pvp atleast.

When you check this video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSfArhL7x0 you cleary see that tank cannot hit during a block ( a little like in real life, you don't see a warrior block and atk in same time the most part of time )

Last edited by Dagga; 07-20-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
Rorschach
Goblin Lord

Rorschach is an unknown quantity at this point

I seem to be a little last to this post but after looking at the forums I still haven't seen the question answered. Can we change our race? I have a 85 @ 100% Doomcryer to buff my whole party. I spent allot of time leveling it to 85. I disliked the look of the orc but we needed a party buffer for pvp and raids. In GOD the Doomcry is going bye bye. From what I can tell the healer getting most of the party buffs. I would rather my toon look like anything else other then a orc. If I waken as a Orc healer the Orcs have a low stat for wit. making my heals slower then some of the other races. I hope there is away other then leveling a sub to 85 and paying for another subclass to main just to change my race. By the way my Doomcry was a human but I paid the $50 to change her to a Doomcry for party buffs. Because NC soft changed the game so much, they should make away to change a charters race before they awaken.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
AndreasK
Remnant Diabolist

AndreasK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I seem to be a little last to this post but after looking at the forums I still haven't seen the question answered. Can we change our race? I have a 85 @ 100% Doomcryer to buff my whole party. I spent allot of time leveling it to 85. I disliked the look of the orc but we needed a party buffer for pvp and raids. In GOD the Doomcry is going bye bye. From what I can tell the healer getting most of the party buffs. I would rather my toon look like anything else other then a orc. If I waken as a Orc healer the Orcs have a low stat for wit. making my heals slower then some of the other races. I hope there is away other then leveling a sub to 85 and paying for another subclass to main just to change my race. By the way my Doomcry was a human but I paid the $50 to change her to a Doomcry for party buffs. Because NC soft changed the game so much, they should make away to change a charters race before they awaken.
Changing race will not be possible. Doomcryer becomes enchanter, having all party buffs. Helaer has some of enchanhter's buffs, but they are single target and level 1 only (enchanter gets 4 levels). As for Orc healer, we don't really know how will it perform. It has been mentioned that magic skills (including heals) are much faster to cast, so WIT may not be so much of an issue. Still, need to test it on PTS.
AndreasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #13
Feanorr
Tainted Zombie

Feanorr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
DE still have more str than other races (92 while the 2nd best are at 88) and got a racial bonus in crit dmg (both physic and magic) > they will still have more crit dmg.

Quote:
LE are still the faster, even without the run speed bonus out of combat; in fact, base run speed didnt change much, just the slower race are a little bit faster. Exemples: elf fighter still have 143 base run speed, DE fighter still have 139; Orc fighter got 130 in GOD instead of 125(I think?) now

Basicly, the races kept their "identity' but stats make less difference than now (i.e. there isnt much HP difference between a DE tank and a human's one, less thaan 1k with basic buff).

If you want more specific answer I did a few comparison between races here: http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=348
Feanorr is offline   Reply With Quote