Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login


General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #1
Miso
Tainted Zombie
 
Miso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 87
Miso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Do you think you are? Maybe not? Why? Does it even matter? For what?

I know i'm addicted..

Start the conversations.
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:15 AM   #2
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,040
DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso View Post
Do you think you are? Maybe not? Why? Does it even matter? For what?

I know i'm addicted..

Start the conversations.
You are asking the right question again, Miso. I think I am beginning to like you. I don't like the negative connotation associated with the word "ADDICTION" though. I think you've already asked the same question in a different theme already, i.e. "why do you play?" I didn't answer it back then, so I will answer it now.

JUSTICE

For me, I play Lineage2 for its sense of JUSTICE. Stuff happens in real life out of the blue all the time. Everything in real life seems so random. Just because I try hard, work hard, it doesn't guarantee my success all the time, so many things can go wrong; while some other people seem to get lucky without even trying...For this reason, sometimes I get Pi-ssed off at Real life.

At least, when I play Lineage2, everything is honest. If I put in the hours & work for my character, he will gain exp and level based on my effort, and it will always be the same everyday.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:14 AM   #3
Pleistoros
Heathen Knight
 
Pleistoros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 650
Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Its a light addiction for ppl who have free time...this is for 80% of players base.
The rest 20% are chronic players, they play many games like LOL, WOW, etc. and they wont stop playing even if we cut their hands. They need asap rehab deep in the forest without electricity.

I notice my self ...when real life things come and when i have all my time ocupy I dont play L2...so for me its light addiction.
Pleistoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
CrisKings22
Elpy
 
CrisKings22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 14
CrisKings22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

I'm having a break of this game, because I don't want to spend my money to get some gears, and I was playing so hard that I felt it was like a job. LOL
CrisKings22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #5
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 98
Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post

JUSTICE

For me, I play Lineage2 for its sense of JUSTICE.

At least, when I play Lineage2, everything is honest. If I put in the hours & work for my character, he will gain exp and level based on my effort, and it will always be the same everyday.
god please, omg, why u do this god, whyyyyyy????? man this guy...............
Ox'bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #6
Miso
Tainted Zombie
 
Miso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 87
Miso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post
You are asking the right question again, Miso. I think I am beginning to like you. I don't like the negative connotation associated with the word "ADDICTION" though. I think you've already asked the same question in a different theme already, i.e. "why do you play?" I didn't answer it back then, so I will answer it now.

JUSTICE

For me, I play Lineage2 for its sense of JUSTICE. Stuff happens in real life out of the blue all the time. Everything in real life seems so random. Just because I try hard, work hard, it doesn't guarantee my success all the time, so many things can go wrong; while some other people seem to get lucky without even trying...For this reason, sometimes I get Pi-ssed off at Real life.

At least, when I play Lineage2, everything is honest. If I put in the hours & work for my character, he will gain exp and level based on my effort, and it will always be the same everyday.
Thank you. Nailed my point of view. With this being said, I want figure out and see if there are commons issue that average players have mentally. Iíll start. I think I have anger issues. L2 remedifies a lot of the stress coming from it. Itís a lawless game. Honest like how the world was few decades ago.
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #7
Miso
Tainted Zombie
 
Miso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 87
Miso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox'bane View Post
god please, omg, why u do this god, whyyyyyy????? man this guy...............
You are in the deepest denial state of mind. Go get a real job first. We donít like you crying about this world in Lineage 2.
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:31 AM   #8
Jacky
Remnant Diabolist
 
Jacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,613
Jacky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

? it is a game, people like play games. This is not addiction when someone doing what he likes to do. Addiction is a little different thing.
Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
Miso
Tainted Zombie
 
Miso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 87
Miso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

ďVideo game addiction is described as an impulse control disorder, which does not involve use of an intoxicating drug and is very similar to pathological gambling. Video game addiction has also been referred to as video game overuse, pathological or compulsive/excessive use of computer games and/or video games.ď

Anyone have impulse personality ?
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #10
Sphryx
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 51
Sphryx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

I personally don't find myself addicted. Basically I play only if I get some time or if I don't have anything else to do. I won't let a game control my life xD. Most of the time I enjoy talking with in-game friends than actually playing it. Btw, I still have a real life: Hang out with friends; go to the mall, cinema etc; and I travel sometimes(which I enjoy the most).

Do not let a game be your real life!
Sphryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #11
RighteousAvenger
Elpy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 24
RighteousAvenger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Of course I am addicted. Given the way NCSoft has treated its customers, I suspect the game would have been shut down for lack of players if so many of us hadn't been addicted.
RighteousAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #12
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 98
Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RighteousAvenger View Post
Of course I am addicted. Given the way NCSoft has treated its customers, I suspect the game would have been shut down for lack of players if so many of us hadn't been addicted.
at last, someone with brains on this poor *hit thread
Ox'bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #13
Miso
Tainted Zombie
 
Miso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 87
Miso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox'bane View Post
at last, someone with brains on this poor *hit thread
Two things you just revealed about yourself:

1. You just agreed that you ARE addicted to Lineage 2 to a certain degree.
2. You donít like the way NCsoft/West is treating you.

No top players that I know in L2 complaints and whines like you do. You just made yourself look very pathetic. Someone whoís addicted (canít quit) BUT you are nobody so all you can do is cry like a immature little kid. Tsk tsk.. go away!
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #14
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 98
Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso View Post
Two things you just revealed about yourself:

1. You just agreed that you ARE addicted to Lineage 2 to a certain degree.
2. You donít like the way NCsoft/West is treating you.

No top players that I know in L2 complaints and whines like you do. You just made yourself look very pathetic. Someone whoís addicted (canít quit) BUT you are nobody so all you can do is cry like a immature little kid. Tsk tsk.. go away!
You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break.
Ox'bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #15
TuckTuck
Elpy
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
TuckTuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Lineage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox'bane View Post
You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break.
best!
TuckTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.