Lineage II Forums  
Old 05-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Alceus
Elpy

Alceus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning

Dear L2 players,

after a year or so I somehow remembered the old good Lineage and thought to try it again. However, it feels like I dont know how to play it anymore.

My toon is lvl68 Destroyer armed in A grade.

Could you suggest me anything?

I noticed that wolf pets are quite popular now. I have done a quest and received a 15lvl puppy but it seems its gonna be difficult to raise it to fit my level. (maybe try leveling it on the alt for the beginning?)

Any good quests/hunting spots?

Thank you for any advice!

Regards,

Alceus
Alceus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Returning

as your char is already a strong DD, you do not need a wolf. classes that would use a wolf are healers or buffers who use it as a DD when soloing. Better for you to get a Baby Buffalo which will give you fighter buffs and heals. However, yes it will take a VERY long time to level it... it does level faster the closer in level it is to the master, but it's going to be pretty slow after 55 no matter what, and won't get everything you need till 65. However, newbie buffs will take you to 76 quite easily so you don't really need a pet anyway really for your class, and after that you will need to have friends or a clan.

at the moment the best money to be made is in catacombs/necropolis, because high level players need a lot of aa but can't/won't get it themselves so they pay a lot for it now. You may single kill mobs there but catas are great places for AOE so get a pole of some kind and go go.
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #3
Nightsource
Goblin Lord

Nightsource is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Back to the World of Lineage II

I think that you dont need pet, the type of player is strong with great dmg. If you have time to lvl up alt char grow up the pet with him.

My opinion is, find a clan who help the clan m8s and dont have wars because you will have problems with your lvl up.
Maybe from the clan you will find a m8 lvl up unique support char or subclass and then you will create a good pt for xp.
Concetrate to your main destro, reach 75lvl start subs, noble, maybe if you find a good clan the clan m8s help you for the sub RBs to finish fast. After that go straight for 80lvl.

XP Places: if you solo, go outside goddard until 70-71 after woa etc, But the best is to find 1pp or 1wc, 1dagger for extra dmg and a BD and go catas/necropolis....and maybe who knows, time to time fix a constant party

good luck
Nightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #4
Alceus
Elpy

Thank you both for advice!

Yes, probably pet is not the best option... Anyways, I am hopefully going to move into a catacomb or necropolis to earn some AA. However, I am now worried about my gear and setup. Currently I have a Tal set + DS[no SA] :/ + Tat [+4str-4con]. I went through the forums and it seems I should get an Inferno Master+focus, a decent pole (or common?) and take off the tatoos. Others offer Majestic heavy instead of Tal but I am quite happy with my Tal as I remember how much effort I had to spend on it...

Any suggestions?

Alceus
Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

Tallum is fine, but some catas do have stun mobs, for instance 2nd type of mobs in martyrs are good for melee but they stun. the tattoo is fine, orc has high con so may still have decent stun resist, and you will need str for xp. Majestic may or may not be necessary, depends on if you have a big problem getting stunned in the cata. I think if you search around enough you can find spots without stun mobs. For me I look for not high-pdef mobs, white or green or blue, prefer green but they still drop seal stones at light blue, and sometimes being able to kill entire room of light blues still gives faster xp than only being able to do 1/2 room of yellow, white or greens. For me it only matters what color the non-aggro ones are (the ones that drop seal stones), if the other ones are dark blue I don't care.

Definitely would get a pole of some kind, common is ok (Tallum Glaive top A to buy for that) for now but might want to get something you can put an SA on, (I like crit stun, esp. if you solo w/o healer, but orc can be even more dangerous at low hp so maybe not problem for destroyer), either A or B grade. Infernal master focus is better than DS for sure but best way to level is by AOE with pole so wouldn't worry about getting another two-hander. Nor would I spend much money on A grade gear either, save all money for S grade gear and push for 76.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
Alceus
Elpy

Thanks Kanaeda!

Some really good advice!

I have tried Cata today, however I didnt have pole yet; only my DS. Also, took Nightsource's advice to try outside Goddard which I also enjoyed. I love vitality - it's much faster to level. I sat down just for an hour and vitality+herbs+crush of doom (one-hit-killing monsters) and I boosted +10% experience.

I expect AOE'ing catas is a process requiring skill and knowledge. Could you recommend any guides regarding choosing tactics/spot/switch weapons/etc.? I know that destro main skills are Rage/Frenzy/Zealot so I probably should get dagger+rsk.haste to decrease the reuse of these.

Alceus
Old 05-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #7
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist

I can't tell you about "blowing skills" on destroyer, doing that will certainly make aoe much faster for you, but you may do aoe w/o those (like the rest of us). Simply aggro mobs and run into some corner (may be in the cata room or just outside of it) where two edges meet at 90 degrees and try to get the mobs all clumped together so you are hitting all of them at the same time. You should be able to see if you are hitting all the mobs or not by the soul shot flash on them. Try just taking the 4 aggro in a big room first, then the 4 non-aggro. Practice I guess to see how to do it, but it's not very difficult. There are certain corners that work better than others, thankfully catas are full of nice corners tho (other open areas you often have to search carefully for the right corner to pull to).

Also if a room has nuker mobs, you will want to run out of the room and around a corner, this way they will have to come up right next to you and you can hit them at the same time as the other mobs. Basically you have to move out of their "line of sight" so that they have to come chase after you, if you do not they will not move and just keeping nuking you which is bad. (You die, or you waste time killing them after killing all the other mobs)

Also it's helpful to have /nexttarget button next to the attack button on your bar, so that when one mob dies you target the next closest live mob, then hit attack on that one. Also poles have a slightly longer range than other weapons, so it's better to initially target the mob that is farthest away and in the center in the cluster of mobs around you, and then you will usually hit all the others who are closer to you as well. If you choose to hit the mob very close to you, you may end up not hitting mobs farther away. Next target command will choose the mob closest to you, if it's too close or at wrong angle you end up not hitting some of the other mobs, so you may have to manually click on a certain mob (usually the one in the center of them) to get at the right angle to hit them all. It's good to have game sounds on as the hits and soul shots going off sound a certain way if you are doing it right, and if you are hitting only one, or too few, it will sound differently.

Just go try it out, you will learn with practice

oh and also, attack speed no longer affects skill reuse time (game has been changed), so don't bother with risk haste dagger. All skills now have a fixed reuse time, and the only way to reduce it is by certain epic jewels, augments, or sws songs.