Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dilema, Clarity or Nuke ><

Problem 1 (weapon/gear choice)

Firstly I'm a level 82 Domi with passive clarity 2 on my 150 dark arcan mace, a clean AM with hydroblast aug and a homunk with passive clarity 3 aug.

I wanted to use a weapon for my BD's Stormscreamer sub so got the blank AM and in my infinite wisdom augmented it on my main and got a water nuke. Ideally I wanted a wind mace for STS, but dark is cheaper and will do fine since she can deathspike and dark vortex for now (when is deathspike free btw?), water is no use for anything apart from the nuke aug on my domi, but I'd have 2 dark maces or 1 dark 1 wind if I ditched the nuke anyway, I need dark for Domis soultaker sub too.

My problem is now should I keep the nuke augmented AM for oly on domi and remove the clarity 2 aug from my dark mace to share with my STS for lvling, or keep the clarity augment and ditch the nuke till I'm 83+ and have a dyn mace.

I can always use the homunk with acumen and clarity for sieges/raids to buff and use heals, don't really need clarity for AOEs so can switch to arcana mace for them. In oly the nuke aug will do more damage for less MP than the clarity mace would, I can buff with the homunk, or a conversion homunk if needed. The Homunk also gives 15% clarity over the arcana maces 11% clarity.

On the other hand I've had the Augment on my mace since like C5 or whenever augments came out and I really love it, it gives about 11% clarity and would save having to switch weapons during sieges etc, save carrying 2 types of shots and looks miles better than a homunk when I'm pimping teh pvp. The mace is also pretty special to me since I crafted it with the crystals from my Zakens earring I blew and got the clarity aug pretty much straight off, so it's my "lucky mace". The level 3 clarity on the homunk would only save about an extra 50 mp out of every 1000 too, so assuming I use 10k MP with a recharger only 500 more MP with clarity 3 than with clarity 2.

I really can't afford to stick water and acumen and +3 on the clean mace AND keep both augments, need a dark or wind mace for my STS to level with.

Posted a similar thread with the full effects of the clarity augments/buffs on ellybelly

http://v3.elliebelly.net/index.php?o...=7001&id=26815
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Default Re: Dilema, Clarity or Nuke ><

Ok, now I've just realised.... when freya comes out most people will have at least 120 water resist on their Oly gear... so wouldn't a 150 water mace with water nuke augment be pretty much useless since I'd do similar damage with my drain anyway? ><
Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Default Re: Dilema, Clarity or Nuke ><

Ok since no one replied I tested out on pts with a sps nuking with water nuke with a 150 mace and clean mace vs a toon with 120 water resist, 150 water resist and 0 water resist.

The nuke did about 5-10% more damage vs a 120 resist toon with a 150 mace over a clean mace. The damage increase was hardly noticable to be honest and the nuke augment can only be used once every 2 drains, or only 3 times during enlightenment, so I don't really think a nuke aug is worth it that much anymore since the boost isn't massive.

On the other hand it is 50-100 more damage per nuke and saves 70 MP so in 21 nukes (1 aug to 2 drains) you'd do 700 more damage and save 210 MP..... wow yeah, not really worth it when theres other augments, clarity alone would save over 300 MP over 20 nukes. :/