Lineage II Forums  
Old 06-16-2008, 03:36 AM   #1
AshleyHunter
Valakas

AshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to all
Default What is Your Orc Mage Set up?

Warcryer
MiVida

+10 Elysian (Health)

+4 Dark Crystal Shield

+4 Dark Crystal Light Set(Full Set is +4)

+6 D Grade Undershirt

+4 Majestic Jewery (Full set is +4 Except Necklace is +5)

+1 Dex -1 CON Tatto
+4 DEX -4 CON Tatto
+4 WIT -4 MEN Tatto

White Mask (From The Epic Collection )

Level 68 Black Wolf With Top Weapon and Armor (Hunting Partner)

Half Black Mask
AshleyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Megatron1977
Elpy

Megatron1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is Your Orc Mage Set up?

+3 Arcana Mace w/Acumen

+6 DC robes

+5 DC boots

+3 DC gloves

+3 DC helm

+5 tat necklace

+4/+3 tat earrings

+5/+3 tat rings

+6 D Undershirt

+2 WIT/-2 MEN
+3 WIT/-3 MEN

+4 CON/-4 STR

Devils Horns
Megatron1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
foodstuffs
Grave Predator

foodstuffs is an unknown quantity at this point

58 OL, assume no pvp

My primary use is debuffing and semi-assitant melee in parties; solo I basically do the same but I do all the work (hence solo... wow).

*Clean BW Robe set (MP Pool primarily)

*+2 CoN w/Acumen (waiting til a-grade then upgrading to SoV equivelant, but I want to try push it to s-grade; unlikely)

*Chain Shield C

*+3 Elven Necklace, +2 Elven Ring, Omen Beast Eye Earring x2, Mithril Ring (and magic barrier, hasn't failed me yet so not upgrading yet)

*Striped Linen Shirt D

*no tats

*Bunny Ears and Academy Circlet Accessories

Gear is same for solo and parties with the one exception being ToI (assume level 2) where I use shadow SoV and B-shots. I don't know if the c-gear works in ToI or not, I switch to B-gear just so I can carry more shots which allows me to stay there longer. This setup, though difficult at first, has been the same since 53. ToI has only been clan parties for me, and generally so have Witches and recently (since making 58) Martyrs. In Frozen Lab, I sometimes party with an SE of equivelant level, but solo there with varying degrees of success depending on mobs. I can handle the group bandersnatches no problem, as well as any NON-group mob that I have found there.

I think I covered everything.
foodstuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:02 AM   #4
AshleyHunter
Valakas

AshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to allAshleyHunter is a name known to all

Updated

Warcryer
MiVida

+10 Elysian (Health) Sold

+ 11 Keshanberk*Keshanberk

+4 Dark Crystal Shield

+4 Dark Crystal Light Set(Full Set is +4)

+6 D Grade Undershirt

+4 Majestic Jewery (Full set is +4 Except Necklace is +5)

+1 Dex -1 CON Tatto
+4 DEX -4 CON Tatto
+4 WIT -4 MEN Tatto

White Mask (From The Epic Collection )

Level 71 Great Wolf With Top Weapon and Armor (Hunting Partner)
AshleyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
progressive
Thunder Wyrm

progressive is an unknown quantity at this point

+4 Arcana Mace /acumen 150 water (attribute is for sub)

+0 Drac bow /focus

+6 DC robe set

+4 Arcana robe 30 fire
+4 Arcana circlet 30 water
+3 Arcana gloves 30 water
+3 Arcana boots 30 fire

+0 IC shield 12 wind

+5 Frintezza
+4/+4 Zaken/Tat earring
+4/+3 Tat rings

+4 Striped scale shirt /CP

Bronze bracelet

+5 WIT/-5 MEN
+4 CON/-4 STR

Black half mask/Fairy antennae
Circlet of Aden
Little angel agathion

67 Great snow wolf w/ top armor/wep (didn't lvl the poor thing for quite a while now)
progressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
foodstuffs
Grave Predator

Update:
Level 64 and same play style.

-NM Robes set +shield (+4/0/0/0/0)
-Spell Breaker w/Acumen
-Top C-Common Jewels

I'm still broke, but when I have the money I will get:
-DC Robe Set + shield (probably keep the NM shield, no point in changing it)
-Flaming Dragon Skull + Magic Power
-Majestic Jewel Set

(I've checked L2 calc and this seems to be the best C.spd and m.atk setup, I'm aware of how expensive skill usage will be)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I have +4 Wit/-5 Men.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
Trensharo
Valakas

Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough

[ QUOTE ]
I've checked L2 calc and this seems to be the best C.spd and m.atk setup, I'm aware of how expensive skill usage will be

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Lol.

@ progressive:

I wouldn't mind leveling your wolf for you :P

I use same set as a nuker on my OL, with a tatoo setup comparable to that of a buffer/healer (DEX/CON/WIT).

FDS is too expensive and if I melee on him I use a common A Grade dagger.
Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:54 AM   #8
TitusMarcius
Elpy

TitusMarcius is an unknown quantity at this point

PVE:

Set arcana with fire and water;
DC shield
AS +3 hast with 40 fire
+4WIT -4MEM
+4DEX -4STR

for PVP:
I change AS for AM acumem and add +4CON -4STR
TitusMarcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
Biotox
Heathen Knight

Biotox is an unknown quantity at this point

Been having fun playing my new Overlord so thought to post the setup. Mostly trying to speed level, but have done some PvP with mixed results.

PL+6
Doom helm+4
Doom gloves+5 (working a +6 doom light set)
Kris+9/focus (with focus augment)
Black Ore +5
+4 WIT, -5 MEN (too cheap to buy the good dyes)
+4 STR, -4 CON

With this setup (and SE buffs) it is easy to own 2 catacomb rooms (12-16 mobs white to green). Use Soul Cry all the time and Seal of Winter when pulls are 3+ mobs and sometimes Steal Essence for heals. Otherwise, it is pure melee.

For those pro Overlords out there ... what should I change at level 61? I was thinking of a +7 or better Bloody Orchid and maybe try out Nightmare light but not sure about either.
Biotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
foodstuffs
Grave Predator

Here are the numbers I got from L2 Calc (M.Atk, C.Spd, and MP) on a 64 OL using DC Robes and a Flaming Dragon Skull (FDS), as well as a NM set + FDS, the SA will be noted where proper. Assume Wisdom of Pa'agrio and Rage of Pa'agrio in all instances, Empower 3 will be noted where proper. Also, +4 WIT/-5 MEN, and a Majestic Jewel Set.

DC + FDS w/Acumen gives a C.Spd of 714 and an M.Atk of 545, Empower 3 puts the M.Atk to 900. MP of 2,461.

DC + FDS w/ Magic Power gives a C.Spd of 620 and an M.Atk of 712, Empower 3 puts the M.Atk to 1067. MP of 2,461. *

NM +FDS w/Acumen gives a C.Spd of 508 and an M.Atk of 625, Empower 3 puts the M.Atk to 1040. MP of 2,549.

NM +FDS w/Magic Power gives a C.Spd of 442 and an M.Atk of 792, Empower 3 puts the M.Atk to 1207. MP of 2,549.

* The one I'm choosing. It doesn't give me the best all around, but I believe it to be the best combo, but assume no PvP here.

Unfortunately I have neither the gear, nor the money to get the gear, to do any kind testing for the usefulness of the setup .
Old 09-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
Trensharo
Valakas

Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough

Basically with Magic Power SA:

- The M.Atk becomes more and more useless as your level.
- The MP Consumption Penalty becomes bigger as your level due to spell MP Costs going up.

Why spend such higher MP cost for spells that almost don't even benefit from the M.Atk increase?

Seals land rather fine on mobs. 99 M.Atk at 7x levels in PvP brings mixxed results (buffs are too good, its almost not a factor). Having to spend 15% more MP on non-M.Atk dependent skills like Clan Heals/Group Hot/Buffs/CP Heals/etc. is just unacceptable for this SA.

Acumen FTW!
Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #12
DorovNik
Elpy

DorovNik is an unknown quantity at this point

PvP/Party -
DC Robe set +0200
Branch of the Mother Tree (w/Acumen when I can afford it) Aug Active BSOE
Maj Jewels all Aug-ed for +M Atk
+5WIT -5MEN Tats

Solo -
Common Nightmare Heavy upper/lower
Common Dragon Grinders

Weight limit allows you to carry all of it and 2 hours worth of SSA, 50 Greater CP Pots, 50 MP Elixers.
You can always ditch the soloing gear for more CP pots if you're going to a PvP.

Was thinking of going conversion, but Acumen is definitely the way forward. Whats the point in having ~4k MP when you clan cos you can't throw CP heals fast enough?
DorovNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #13
Nina
Dark Knight

Nina is on a distinguished road

My set up.
Domi 79.

Big group/ raid/siege/aoe set up :
- Major Arcana robe set with IC shield. +3+3+3+4 +3
*Robe 60 dark resist with pvp augment.
*Gloves 60 resist fire
*Boots 60 resist water
*Helmet 18 resist wind
- +4 Arcana mace acumen +30 fire with refresh skill active augment
- Frintezza's necklace +3
- Tateo earrings and rings +3
- Stripped Mithril shirt cp waiting for a beas^^

Solo/little group pve set up :
- Dc light set all +3
- +7 Bloody Orchid Focus

Tatoos : +5 wit -5 men.

Notes :
- I don't pvp much. My clan is neutral and we don't accept wars. We got some battles at castle siege (we got Gludio atm in Devianne) and when we have to defend our hunting spot or revenge a clannie. That's why i gave the dc robe to my EE buffer.
- With my necklace and my mace augment i can chain Vop (acu/zerk/con dance) in arcana robe.
I enchanted it +1 in time, and now i can even chain it when i wear dc light switching to my mace to cast.

about accessories.. hmmm
i use little angel wing with the Major arcana.
and orcish circlet or Maiden hairpin + white mask when i am with dc light.

i don't mention my sub stuff and the wolf. it's BD things not orcish ^_^
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

im a brand new (like made it finally to 40 yesterday) OL, that i gave the following gear to:

Soulfire dirk (mana up) (for hittin mobs with)
plated leather set

this is my solo pve set.

now, for my slightly larger groups where i am not main DD, i have :

Karmian set and Eclyptic axe (magic power) so i can lay down a few seals
switch to the Soulfire dirk when i need to buff.
Full Plate +4/3/3/3/3 when we do kamaloka.

i am really beginning to like my OL. its almost as fun as my Tyrant, but i cant really compare them just yet.

i think i might enjoy using a set of Haste fists on the OL.

my question: IF i can get my hands on a Kris for B grade it will be my only weapon. is Focus really necessary or can i get by on a common kris?

is the Evasion OL worth trying? anyone done it?

in either tempered mithril or zubei. i'd imagine if evasion OL was worth doing at all youd have to have a subclass passive evasion boosting bonus and an +dodge aug, too right?

OL (and i imagine WC) must be the most versatile classes for gear that can possibly exist :/

this is already getting hard, and im not even B grade!

so it has come down to this: evasion gear does not exist for A grade. it just doesnt. you can do evasion SA for 2 or RSK evasion for 7 on some weapons, but Evasion sa skips A grade. RSK evasion you can do from C to S, but you gotta do Fists/2hb. sort of useless on an OL.and a lot more dangerous.

evasion tanking would probably be the only reason i would have to buy seal of chaos in the first place.

rsk evasion tanking on an ol would mean nearly +15 evasion when buffed, under 60%, in sub par gear (come A grade youve still only got zubei) which is hard to justify. youd have to drop the shield so not a great idea for siege/mass pvp (also no acumen) and even IF you somehow managed to get 60% hp or less, you'd only heal too fast with HoP/RoL and youd be probably a 3shot without your shield. maybe evasion really does suck for ol's.

right?
Spudnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:20 AM   #15
Zhanig
Remnant Diabolist

Zhanig will become famous soon enoughZhanig will become famous soon enough

I am +dex / speed setup on mine. I went with anything that would make me cast faster since my sleep is the best in the game right now so do crowd control in everything except PvP / Seiges. there I am cp / hp battery only.

I am using plused dual w/ haste for solo and the acumen blunt w/ shield for groups.
Zhanig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #16
foodstuffs
Grave Predator

Spud:
Grats on OL, hope you enjoy it.

My OL and Tyrant are my favorite classes, the OL being preferred. I seriously doubt OL evasion is worth trying, certainly rather dangerous, but they do get an evasion buff (I think Tact of Pa'agrio). I suspect, however, if you try this build it will make your magic rather weak and slow, well, weakER and slowER. I'm certainly curious about this build, would be rather interesting, and nice, to not get hit as an OL. I suppose Seal of Chaos would be sorta like a double evasion buff though, assuming it lands, but "would it be worth the mana usage?" is the more important question.

OL don't get a Focus buff, but with the naturally high crit rate of daggers you might not need the SA, but I would do it anyway. Aren't Kris in the Lux shop, or no? I'm pretty sure getting the SA in b-grade won't be a problem though, where the SA for a-grade is more expensive than the weapon. I used a PL set and DS+Focus on my wc, even with the wc Focus buff I often killed several mobs (5-6) in a row w/only one or two crits, then I crit killed the next 2, critting was rather sporadic, unreliable.

OL is a great class, the parties I've had often started from sympathy because "I should have gone WC", but I've made a few friends because I can do a good job at crowd control and life saving. I've been in a number of non-clan parties because of my crowd control abilities, it's easier on everyone when people aren't rushed by 10 mobs and the healer doesn't have to spam heals. You'll eventually learn when/if spells need to be used or not, or which mobs should be controlled or ignored, allowing you to save mp (saving mp is extremely important for OL). Already too many people spamming skills cause they either don't know how to use their class properly or, they don't know how to play with the various other classes properly (ie I hate it when people still Trance and Root when I say I've got it).

OL are like condoms, better to have one and not need it, then need it and not have one.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #17
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

thanks foodstuffs. im gonna see if i can get a PW friend of mine to spec all evasion (including SA and Augment) and see if i can back him up with OL goodness. i think solo, the OL wouldnt really stand a chance as an evasion tank, but quite possibly COULD. the possibility is there.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #18
foodstuffs
Grave Predator

I fiddled around with L2 calc for a bit... I don't know what the best gear/buff setup would be for this, but I don't think a b-grade OL can get over 95-ish evasion, maybe 100 at best using dances/songs. I'm rather curious, let us know how it goes.

While we're on the subject of evasion, when does evasion actually become useful? I've used my evasion buff a few times but it's always seemed like a waste of manna (even when I unequip my shield).
Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #19
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

http://boards.lineage2.com/showflat....e=0#Post737563 look there, foodstuffs.

to sum up, get a Zubei leather set, RSK evasion, and the buffs/help on that page. its pretty specific, but the numbers crunch nicely.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #20
foodstuffs
Grave Predator

Thanks for the link, very interesting. Sorry, but I seem to have missed what the final evasion number would be for a b-grade OL. If I read correctly, I'm thinking 105-110? That number assumed access to SWS, WS, clan skills, and I think a couple other things. My 95 from the previous post was based purely on a solo OL. Group or solo is fine but please give me a final number for the b-grade OL.

But I would also like to know when evasion actually becomes useful? What's the minimum it can be and be useful? 90-ish? 100-ish? 110-ish?

Thanks.