Lineage II Forums  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #21
H4T3MONG3R
Guardian Archangel

H4T3MONG3R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mp from hitting mobs

a DHA w/ skill spam is good dps on your basic orc mystic, the ability to skill constently makes up for the lack of physical crits. set up w/ +str for skill power and crits it does alot of dmg.
HD w/ foucs is definatly goin to be better if you have sws, bd, crit power epics, etc.
ive used both and the HD is better for swinging at mobs but its not better by a huge margin, it depends alot on how high you can get your crit rate on a blunt w/ buffs/augment etc. a 2 hander blunt w/ 400+ crit rate is going to perform well but if you roll w/ the 55 crit rate 2 hand blunt crit dmg passive isnt gunna do squat.
83+ should have a melee blunt imo but before that your mage blunt + melee weapon of your choice is fine
H4T3MONG3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
Arrrw
Elpy

Arrrw is an unknown quantity at this point

And what about dualswords and daggers?

btw. u were talking about 1h blunts... whats the point in using those when it comes to leveling pve?
Arrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #23
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

one handed blunts hit faster, so your skill spam will go off better, and whenever you do miss, it won't be as bad, as you'll hit again shortly after rather than waiting the extra .1 second for the two hander to hit again.

also, some people play the game for aesthetics.

for your set up, you're pretty good with anything, i would say LA is good.
weapon set up, duals work well through B grade, even in A grade, but Dagger or Sword is better for A-S.
Blunt is nice for crowd control, and since you're not main DD, it'll work out better... also consider two hand mage blunt for advanced crowd control.
Sleep/Fear are great.
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #24
Arrrw
Elpy

, so much set ups and ive got no idea what should i invest in...
Is there any "best choice" for PvE strictly leveling?
Im begginer WC, emm so could u help me with choosing C/B/A set of armor/wep?
I mainly want to focus on DamageDealing (will have always party with BD),
So I think ill go for Light armor, but what about weapon?
Price doesnt matter right now...
What weapon would u reccoment me for C grade (common) and what for B+SA / A+SA ?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #25
Orfano
Goblin Lord

Orfano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrrw View Post
, so much set ups and ive got no idea what should i invest in...
Is there any "best choice" for PvE strictly leveling?
Im begginer WC, emm so could u help me with choosing C/B/A set of armor/wep?
I mainly want to focus on DamageDealing (will have always party with BD),
So I think ill go for Light armor, but what about weapon?
Price doesnt matter right now...
What weapon would u reccoment me for C grade (common) and what for B+SA / A+SA ?
C grade
Plated Leather Set + Dark Screamer w/ Focus (common - Crystal Dagger) or Berserker Blade w/Focus (common - Berserker Blade)

B grade
Avadon Robe Set or Doom Light set (but, really doesn't matter what you take, every B grade set can be good for you, its just a short period of time, feel free to stay in the PL set) + Kris w/Focus or Great Sword w/Focus or Sword of Damascus w/Focus

A grade
Majestic Robe set or Tallum Heavy set + Bloody Orchid w/Focus or Inferno Master w/Focus

and get the Great Wolf to this party
Orfano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #26
Arrrw
Elpy

Ty =)
Old 05-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #27
Zhanig
Remnant Diabolist

Zhanig will become famous soon enoughZhanig will become famous soon enough

Sorry, In a grade I did the dagger w/ focus and I did +7 duals with haste and the duals outdid the damage per sec by a long shot. The crits just don't make up for the misses on the dagger, imho

I hunt w/ a blunt in S grade full time. Single handed w/ a shield right now.
I keep soul cry on and soul guard full time, drain, stun, burning chop hit hit hit, mp stays up and I go thru stuff easy.
I dont' have the adena for another S weapon right now, but I did like the haste duals on A grade, just don't know which S grade I would go for yet.
Zhanig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #28
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanig View Post
Sorry, In a grade I did the dagger w/ focus and I did +7 duals with haste and the duals outdid the damage per sec by a long shot. The crits just don't make up for the misses on the dagger, imho

I hunt w/ a blunt in S grade full time. Single handed w/ a shield right now.
I keep soul cry on and soul guard full time, drain, stun, burning chop hit hit hit, mp stays up and I go thru stuff easy.
I dont' have the adena for another S weapon right now, but I did like the haste duals on A grade, just don't know which S grade I would go for yet.
With a dagger you've really gotta pick your spot to remove the problem of missing, green, low evasion mobs. It does restrict your hunt spot options but the DPS does go a lot better in the right spot.

I tried stun last night to see what everyone was going on about, it does do nice damage (about 500-900 less damage than a crit with dagger and BD dances), so I'd definately reccommend it to people without a BD. Might even try the setup myself some time if I can't get the spots I usually level in.

Unless you've got a BD I wouldn't recommend an Sgrd dagger, switched to AS from a bloody orchid for the element, do really nice damage and can level in spots we used to run clan parties in, but spam A LOT of SSS. Stun with a blunt did kill quite fast, but not quite as fast as my dagger with my current setup (Me, BD, SE). Out of all the spots I've tried theres only one that I make my SS cost back in adena and that's only if I bribe my GF to give me what she gets on the SE.
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #29
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

if you're in S grade... and you've goot good accuracy maybe even Chant of victory... you should go to den of evil, and use the blue eyes...
3x blue eyes will be 500 crit rate.
last one can be green for p.attack.

i find Red is not so good, it helps the mobs more than the player me thinks.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #30
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgitTheClown View Post
if you're in S grade... and you've goot good accuracy maybe even Chant of victory... you should go to den of evil, and use the blue eyes...
3x blue eyes will be 500 crit rate.
last one can be green for p.attack.

i find Red is not so good, it helps the mobs more than the player me thinks.
Cheers, tried there recently, XP was pretty low and adena barely even covers porting to the place, lol. I think it might be better when I'm 80, they're yellow to me still at the mo so I do less damage with the new f-ing gracia patch.

I can't believe they even put it in so you do less damage to mobs 1 level higher than you in the new patch, bunch of A-Holes, completely cuts pre-80's out of efficiently being able to kill new mobs or do quests for money till you're right bang on the level. Since anything including Sgrade sells for buttons you'd think NC don't want anyone but top levels in the game.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #31
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

true, adena sucks, xp isn't terrible, it's better than dino island by far
i'd say it's on par with varka due to the proximity/spawn rate.

although it's nice when you get 3 element stones in an hour, my best record although i spend more hours with no stone drops

i wonder if people aoe this place...
Old 05-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #32
Harkon
Heathen Knight

Harkon is on a distinguished road

why dont you go aoe in fog?
Harkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #33
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

me?
because most of the good spots are taken...
i understand how amazing i am at aoe, but most people neglect that and therefore i don't get invited along for aoe parties.

last few times...
it was a 9 man party in 1 and a half rooms...
that's just not good xp.

however, when i did get invited to those 3-4 man 4 room parties...
that was nice.

so... until next time i get invited to something like that, i'll stick to soloing like a good underachiever.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #34
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

I wanna AOE in FoG but can't afford a saint spear

Don't need a pty, just 1 Domi with an elemented pole and an SE (I think need 78, not sure).

I've got the SE/BD but no pole QQ.

Do element stones drop regularly in DoE? I might give it another try, they'll cover my SS cost and hopefully make me enough adena for a pole
Old 05-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #35
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

if you have the quest, there are secondary quest items that drop, those items can be used to fight the chief of the orcs...
first time i did it, i got 3 dark stones, and i think the third or fourth time also...

but as for normal drops, i think it depends on the quota of the hour you're in.
i've had times where three drop within 20 minutes, and other times where none in 3 hours. since it's Wind, Earth, Water, Dark... it's a better drop rate than IOP. not seen divine or fire stones drop yet, but dark and water cover it. also drops random light and heavy Dynasty parts, and occasionally jewelry components as well.