Lineage II Forums  
Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Arrrw
Elpy

Arrrw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WC gear (with bd in party)

Hey, im about to start playing WC, and id love to know what should i wear
for leveling (from Cgrade do Agrade)
As i mentioned, ill be leveling with a bd in party all the time, so what would be a best setup for my gear?

Im thinking of light armor and 2h blunt (patk, stun) / dagger (crits) / duals (dunno why, but ppl pick em xD) and ive also seen a WC with a 1h sword w/o shield....

Could any1 explain me advantages and disadvantages of usage of each of those weapons? Ill be very grateful

And what would be the best choice for gear (weapon and also armor):
C grade (i think ill take common weapon)
B grade (full sets and weps + SA)
A (same)

Thanks!
Arrrw
Arrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WC gear (with bd in party)

I'm not too sure on armor since I'm OL and use soul guard, so suggest robes to other OL's to save buying multiple armors. Before the MP regen from mobs (no soul guard since it eats MP) I used light or heavy with a molee boost (tallum), light is a good medium since it gives a cast speed boost. MP for buffs shouldn't matter, if you run out just buff the basics, kill a couple of mobs and buff the rest one by one.

With weapon it all depends on how you hunt. With BD I'd DEFINATELY say Focus dagger, but I say dagger to everyone who has buffs and can hunt the right mobs since its the best DPS. Fire/Fury/Inspiration and you're good to go! Soulcry + Deathwhisper + Fire + dagger and you'll be critting for really nice damage and often.

The only downside to a dagger is the SS cost, but you only really notice that at S grade. Some people recommend blunt but IMO it is a really stupid melee PvE setup since you never crit and gain no bonuses what so ever for having a blunt apart from being able to stun/burning chop, which doesn't really do much.... 1 stun might do 1k dmg while a crit will do 1.5k+. Mage blunt or 2h blunt for melee is even worse!

Rundown of weapons from highest p.atk to lowest, lvl 68 WC with DC lgith and BD/selfbuffs/soulcry taken from L2 calc (these are REALLY accurate for under 70s):

Bow (Soul Bow) = 239 Damage per second.............(remember the accuracy loss from bow)
2H Sword (Dragon slayer) = 361 DPS.
Dual Swords (Kesh*Dama) = 355 DPS.
Fists (Dragon Grinder) = 330 DPS.
2h Mage Blunt (Branch of mother tree) = 287 DPS.
1h Sword (Dark Legions Edge) = 372 DPS.
1h Blunt (Elysian) = 340 DPS.
Polearm (Tallum Glaive) = 267 DPS.
Dagger (Soul Seperator) = 418 DPS.

This is all against the same generic test mob calculated on here http://www.l2calc.co.nr/ . The stats are out of date now but I can vouch for the DPS it shows being relevant to the weapons.

The dagger is still in the lead and remember, none of these weapons have SA's. A focus Bloody Orchid (Low A Dagger) gives 447 DPS, more than ANY of the top A weapons!

Last edited by Ferine; 05-25-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Arrrw
Elpy

Hmm what about 2-handed sword+focus or duals with crit bonuses?
And also heard that with blunts u can spam hamer crushes cuz of neverending mana when meeling O.o

Its kinda strange that dagger, which is 1 handed, makes more damage per second than 2handeds
Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Soulcry gives a fixed P.atk boost. With that toggle you'll have more p.atk than a TH with a dagger. My 79 OL had more p.atk with a +0 bloody orchid than a lvl 79 TH with a +3 Angel Slayer!

Theres no question about it, with a BD in party you'll want to make as many critical hits as possible and get the fastest base atk speed boost as possible. With a 2h Sword you'll gain 100 p.atk out of 800 p.atk (7% bonus), but lose a 7% chance to crit and 200 atk speed, duals are similar.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Just did a quick test on some mobs.

Both my mage blunt and dagger give me very similar p.atk. Buffed with BD/SE/OL buffs (No CoV).

Hammer Crush did between 1-2k dmg per hit, dagger swing did 2.5k dmg on a crit. Both weapons had similar damage on a normal hit.

So I guess Hammer crush is like a weak crit really, sometimes it does ok damage, others it's weak. The dagger was still the fastest killer though since it got more swings in and more damage in less time.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
Arrrw
Elpy

Really thanks for checking those stats for me, so im going to pick up daggers!

Oh and what about A grade armor set?
Im mainly aiming for exp/farm parties, im gonna be a buffing DPS, so i need to always have mana for buffs, so i think ill be meele DPSing too and need good mana regen and amount...
What set would be good in that case?
A Robe for mana? A light for atk speed?
and which one exacly?

Last edited by Arrrw; 05-26-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
AndreasK
Remnant Diabolist

AndreasK is on a distinguished road

Majestic or tallum heavy for A-grade. No need for robes if you don't pvp. If you fight side by side with BD, heavy will be fine. MP or casting speed is not an issue for exp.
AndreasK is offline   Reply With Quote