Lineage II Forums  
Old 06-28-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Titan Poling

Ok, so I've been gone a while and never really experienced titan pole groups or played one but I know it's menat to be one of the best ways of levelling.

With this vitality event, Freya apparently nerfing poles (not seen info though) and my new found love for poling on my Dominator I decided to make myself a destroyer. A little bit of leeching with vitality and now I have a Titan (well still destro till I do quest). Only problem is I switched gear from my domi to Titan and went to pole and just got wiped really easily in spots my Domi tears through like a kid and wrapping paper.

Stat Comparison

P.atk:
Domi 1200
Titan 1100, 1600 with rage

P.def
Domi 2200
Titan 1300, 1100 with rage

Gear
IC set 120 dark same on both
+0 Saint Spear, 150 holy, guidance (to counter mage acc reduction).

Buffs
78+ Domi
78+ SE
74+ BD

Clearly Titans have a different way of poling than Dominators so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to do.

Guts worked fine and zealot/frenzy but this means a lot of downtime, without rage my p.atk was worse on Titan than Domi too. Have I got the wrong support for a Titan? Is the key in only pulling trains when you've got guts/frenzy/zealot up rather than constant mobs?
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Titan Poling

Your domi has 900 more pdef than your Titan (which is quite a lot), the ability to decrease attk speed on the mobs, and I guess you could try Seal of Despair (not sure if you will be able to get it off though, kind of a slow cast for having mobs on you).

I think you would need atleast a sws to be able to do what you did on your domi.

You should have gone for haste on the saint spear btw, the mobs should be green in a bit, and you dont really need all that much more accuracy, atk speed is always nice though.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
Nuku
Beleth's Slave

Nuku will become famous soon enoughNuku will become famous soon enough

+1 smittie.
Ferine come pole with me sometime.
Nuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
Your domi has 900 more pdef than your Titan (which is quite a lot), the ability to decrease attk speed on the mobs, and I guess you could try Seal of Despair (not sure if you will be able to get it off though, kind of a slow cast for having mobs on you).

I think you would need atleast a sws to be able to do what you did on your domi.

You should have gone for haste on the saint spear btw, the mobs should be green in a bit, and you dont really need all that much more accuracy, atk speed is always nice though.
I don't bother with debuffs, not untill AOE hex in C6 anyway

I do actually miss quite a lot for the spear, still benefit a lot fron dance of inspiration even with ACC SA, Core ring, Oly ring and + ACC Augment. Been making about 3% per/hr with vit buff on 80 domi.

I guess titan was a bad Idea, lol. Hope I'm 83 by freya anyway, especially if they make more vit events. I guess he can just go into my "was a good idea while it lasted" plvl toon grp with my STS.

hmm, now how to plvl an sws from 0-49 before tomorrow downtime........

Oh and P.S. thx nuku, but I'm stuck on bartz till merges, hope I get back to sayha.... ironically the only toon I've been plating on Sayha is my SWS........
Old 06-29-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
Nuku
Beleth's Slave

Nuku will become famous soon enoughNuku will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_don View Post
Oh and P.S. thx nuku, but I'm stuck on bartz till merges, hope I get back to sayha.... ironically the only toon I've been plating on Sayha is my SWS........
*gasp* how could you, get back to your birthplace asap
Nuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 AM   #6
Trensharo
Valakas

Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Seal of Winter before the Despair. Seal of Winter has a very fast casting speed.

But yea, it will be hardish to get Despair off with a bunch of mobs on you, if they hit for non-trivial damage amounts.

I guess Arcana Robes + Concentration can help for getting the debuffs off, though.
Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

I have been regularly pulling 2-3 rooms for a dreadnought in the ally, bugs in FOG.

Winter is the easiest way to get the lavasaurii to spawn, and its by far the fastest debuff.

The reason I commented on despair is the cast seems way too long when being hit by mobs, but the effect is **** nice if you can land it.

I pull in 180 fire MW IC heavy, with a mace. Debuff and work my mp back with MA robes and 150 s duals. Its **** nice pulling with 2.8k+ pdef and only losing like 400 hp when u get stuck in the 2-3 rooms u just pulled.

Last edited by Smittie; 06-29-2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Wow at the new censor system lol
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Winter is the easiest way to get the lavasaurii to spawn, and its by far the fastest debuff.

The reason I commented on despair is the cast seems way too long when being hit by mobs, but the effect is **** nice if you can land it.

I pull in 180 fire MW IC heavy, with a mace. Debuff and work my mp back with MA robes and 150 s duals. Its **** nice pulling with 2.8k+ pdef and only losing like 400 hp when u get stuck in the 2-3 rooms u just pulled.
I don't pull, I DD while I pull with my BD. Can keep constant flow of Mobs and make about 1%/hr on my Domi at 81 now (3% with vit). With both despair and winter I really don't see the use unless mobs are hitting too hard. It won't add any to the XP since they're defensive not offensive (no reduction in mob p.def or anything.).

Highlighted this as I'm curious why its good to spawn the lavasaurus'? They just annoy me, high p.def and don't move into range, often if you're not paying attention and just clicking next targ/attack they pull your toon out of the corner.

Well I'm gonna have to work out how to pole with my Titan anyway, the Idea was he could plvl my subs, lol. Even if he isn't a better poler than my Domi at the moment I guess I'll still find a use for him!

Titan poling rely more on pulling one train at a time rather than just constant mobs or something?

Should I be using Rage? Should I only pole with frenzy/zealot up?

Edit: Just to add it wouldn't be a problem casting Despair or any debuffs on mobs as long and you've got a healer, might get interrupted once or twice, but I always buff with a room full of mobs on me no problem. I Sometimes need a heal or bless the blood though.

Last edited by Ferine; 06-29-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

i was with a TH the other day, since i was an extra rather than the main DD, i was able to use different seals without issue.
chaos is interesting when the main DD has high evasion.
used Flame, but it's negligible as typically that 1400 damage is so minimal for the cast time.

Blockade is fun, but has the same issue as Despair, slow cast time.

i've been waiting for a -p.def aoe,

Titans are tough.
what is your tattoo setup?
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
i fight nerdz
Thunder Wyrm

i fight nerdz is an unknown quantity at this point

the key is element resist. you should also be using earth, not war for buffs. the more element resist, the more rooms you should be polling. fyi stats for my titan

pattk 3k
pdef 1400 i think?

using 80 fire resist i pole 2 rooms in fog without cov(levling buffers) and then when guts, otb, zealot are up i pole 3 rooms.

when im in tullies 300 dark resist, guts pole everytime.

i am looking for someone with sws/bd and perhaps prophet ferine. if you got those hit me up. i got dc/ee.
i fight nerdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #11
sickhippy_007
Thunder Wyrm

sickhippy_007 is on a distinguished road

Titan is kind of tough until you hit 78. Was funny i leveled a dread with my buddy who has a titan and at 76 and 77 i destroyed mobs on my dread while he died quite a lot. But once he hit 78 he started getting more powerful than I was (normal hits not counting frenzy/zealot).

Tbh as above it all has to do with element and relative level to yourself. at 76 on dread i was hitting lower fog mobs (basilisk and arimines) for like 650 per...**** damage with 150 H +3 saint spear. At 80 with 150H Dyn spear i hit them for 1900 a hit. Of course titan with rage and no skills hits them a bit harder.

So in summary, stack resist element if possible and level fast to remove penalty.
sickhippy_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_don View Post
Highlighted this as I'm curious why its good to spawn the lavasaurus'? They just annoy me, high p.def and don't move into range, often if you're not paying attention and just clicking next targ/attack they pull your toon out of the corner.
Like I said before, I play OL in party with a dreadnought, and he can hit around 25mobs each swing I think.

We pull between 6-8 rooms on him, but he still wants more mobs. OL is able to spawn a whole bunch of lavasaurii by doing some seals.

It makes him happy

And gives everyone more exp.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Hmm, I'll keep on it.

Buffer wise I've only got 79 SS, 79 SD, 81 Domi.
Gear 120 Dark/60 Fire IC, 150 Holy Saint Spear.

Titan is only 76 at the mo and no tats, defo doing +4 str -con tho. Still got Vit buff so can leech him off Domi till 77 I think. Maybe even just leech till 78 if it's worth it?

Working on another SWS at the moment, gonna get her to 49 then have her for hunter, maybe lvl her some more if I feel like it but could end up with my 71 SWS back on same server with merges anyway. With resists you think it'd be better to go all the way to 74+ with SWS if merges don't bring mine back? Easier lvling buffers than doing them OOP anyway, makes boxing loads more hassle.

Last edited by Ferine; 06-29-2010 at 04:46 PM.