Lineage II Forums  
Old 08-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #21
Nuku
Beleth's Slave

Nuku will become famous soon enoughNuku will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Onslaught of Paagrio Resisted?

Thats what i said Neiji
Nuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:33 AM   #22
Vlahd
Tainted Zombie

Vlahd is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally made it to the PTS, too (looking for clan ^^) and noticed that the lavasaurus mobs that spawn in FoG after you kill the normal mobs, completely resist onslaught and it's burn effect all the time. Same with NPCs in town, couldn't land a single hit on them. Since the Lavasauri resist every other debuff, too, maybe Onslaught is counted as a debuff that does melee damage, and thus beeing resisted that much. That seems like a nerf or bug to me though, since on the last pts i could see damage done on the NPCs, and i guess now on live server, u should be able to damage them, too, so maybe we should report that as a bug all together so they actually notice it.
Vlahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #23
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

works fine on most monsters, i guess just not those highlt resistant to debuffs... so... how does that factor into Raid bosses?
anyone tried using Onslaught on a Raid boss?

or is it a "debuff immunity"
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:35 AM   #24
Neiji
Hungry Spirit

Neiji is an unknown quantity at this point

Hve u ever landed a OL debuff on a raidboss your level or higher?
I for one havent lol even if DODed
Neiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #25
Vlahd
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiji View Post
Hve u ever landed a OL debuff on a raidboss your level or higher?
I for one havent lol even if DODed
I've landed winter several times on normal bosses and those in kama, landrate is only 1/30 - 1/50 or so on a equal level raidboss x_X

Neiji, are you able to damage npcs with onslaught on the live server? I mean do you see a damagenumber in the log or do they resist it all the time without any damage done?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:55 AM   #26
Neiji
Hungry Spirit

i got a bigass none mage onehanded blunt with 150+ fire on it. Its lands like 1/10 times if im lucky. It does however land on players more often. But i rarely use it in pvp...seen my main weapon is not fire.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:21 AM   #27
Vlahd
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiji View Post
i got a bigass none mage onehanded blunt with 150+ fire on it. Its lands like 1/10 times if im lucky. It does however land on players more often. But i rarely use it in pvp...seen my main weapon is not fire.
Didn't mean for the burn effect, just the direct damage u do with it. You should be able to damage an npc everytime if it works like other melee skills. Is that the case on live servers?
Just trying to find out if the skill is bugged on pts atm since i'm not able to do any damage on npcs with it, thus not damaging lavasauri either.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 AM   #28
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Ferine is an unknown quantity at this point

In further testing onslaught worked fine on mobs in MoS, even when they resisted the DoT they recieved damage from the physical attack. NPCs/Lavasauruses are completely different though, recieveing no physical damage if the debuff is resisted. I think it should definately be petitioned since it's clearly a bug not a feature, debuff resist mobs shouldn't resist physical damage, what other mobs will it fail on for us?

Players take damage fine both if resisted or not, and the effect will land again if it is already on, which is nice (but makes it pretty **** hard to test without killing your target, lol).

On the riadboss debuffing part, yeah you can land seals on them, just at a very low rate due to the low landrate of seals and high m.def of bosses. I used to do daily 1 party raid groups with me as tank and just SE for healer (grtr heal, no major back then on SE) just because seal of blockade landed at least 70% on raids back then and totally crippled them so you could raid taking no damage just by refreshing blockade every 60 seconds.
Ferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #29
Nuku
Beleth's Slave

Nuku will become famous soon enoughNuku will become famous soon enough

It might have to do with the mobs fire resistance, it's probably bugging out the skill?
Nuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #30
Neiji
Hungry Spirit

Damage and dot both land on NPS
Old 08-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #31
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

works well in the new training grounds area.
any massive damage skill will work well there, although once again, they have high m.def, so no nuker parties.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #32
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Works fine in most cases, just not against NPCs for Lavasauruses..... thing is it means there may be more mobs it doesn't work against, which will be a problem.

New training grounds any good XP? Might give em a go, need to level on live, but not got much time for L2 at the minute
Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #33
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

it's different.
was actually kind of fun.
if you find the cooks, they drop porridge which is essentially a life elixer...
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #34
Zestos
Dark Lord

Zestos is an unknown quantity at this point

you use onslaught in the training grounds? do you need a healer or any other support other than haste/vr there? what attribute are the mobs?
Zestos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #35
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

self buffs only...
for the large groups, two onslaughts kill em, 0 element weapon.
(or was that my 100 fire mage weapon)

+6 robes, +30 soul guard.
no tattoos.

the big groups went down pretty fast.
i tried using seals to start combat.
but land rate was terrible.
don't know about the element they are using, i assumed earth, but i didn't really research it.

they drop herbs there, so after one group, you're likely to have vr and haste.
and enough hp herbs drop that you're going to be golden for a while.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #36
bunnyfufu69
Hungry Spirit

bunnyfufu69 is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend OL in game not PTS hit mobs for 2.2-3k with onslaught and his got a 150 wind mace and trensho is right if u would use a melee blunt weapon it will do alot more and its aoe and damge over time and life heal of that damge it does on its DOT it a sick skill
he told me he has mob resist the DOT but never the attack itself that kind of werid.
bunnyfufu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #37
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

The only mobs that resist the attack are Lavasauruses and NPCs, so the worry is there will be more mobs that resist the physical attack. Onslaught seems to do ~3k dmg with a 300 fire mace, can't remember the exact figures but I did do decent testing on it.

300 fire mace and the training ground mobs are nearly one-shot, you will need a healer though. I tried with +3 robes and +15 soulguard and died a few times. I hope pole is ok in the training grounds, at least until I'm 83

Another thing to remember is that if you don't have frint/valakas on live the re-use of onslaught will be longer compared to pts too.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #38
bunnyfufu69
Hungry Spirit

my friend has frint and says that is reuse is like 1 sec if that without it its like 2 sec again if that its a pretty spamable skill and that without sws songs so yeah unless int he update that increase the reuse
Old 08-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #39
Ferine
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyfufu69 View Post
my friend has frint and says that is reuse is like 1 sec if that without it its like 2 sec again if that its a pretty spamable skill and that without sws songs so yeah unless int he update that increase the reuse
I was talking to the other Domis that like me are testing this on the PTS since on PTS everyones got full epics.

Even with Frint though the re-use is > 1 second (Edit: Rougly 2.9 sec with valakas, 3.5 sec without). Theres a small delay between casting and being able to use it again. That's not going off info my friend has told me, that's going from personal experience and what other people have confirmed, plus you need a fire mace for onslaught not wind.

Last edited by Ferine; 08-19-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #40
bunnyfufu69
Hungry Spirit

yes i know that he has wind cuz of the augment his has and fire on his vesper blunt was just wondering since i help him gear his toon. and i played it and love the class my self and yes i know about that little sec u can cast if even when its already done with the reuse.