Lineage II Forums  
Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Psirynn
Elpy

Psirynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie questions about my Orc Mystic :)

Sooo, I know very little about the game in general, next to nothing about Enchanters. But I'm in love with any game that'll let me make an orc that's even vaguely mage-y.

My questions are mainly equipment-related. Are Enchanters (and the classes that come before that) more physical or magical, as far as damage goes? At what level am I likely to start seeing "magical" swords and maces? And what type of armor should I be using? The fact that I apparently have "mastery" skills for all three is sort of throwing me for a loop o.O

I greatly appreciate any help, and thanks in advance!
Psirynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newbie questions about my Orc Mystic :)

Orc mages use robe, magic weapon and the Steal Essence nuke to level up.

Iss Enchanters (85+) use heavy armor, dual weapons and are physical damage dealers.

Magical swords and maces...? Well, they exist since D grade, but as a general rule it's better for a magician to choose the weapon with Acumen Special Ability - at least from the weapons from PtA.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Psirynn
Elpy

Aw, really? But the light armor mastery gives such fancy buffs :c Alright.

And yeah, I don't even know what "magical" weapons are xD Just noticed it mentioned them in the description of the class. What is "acumen special ability"? Or is that a question for a different forum? xD Well, anyway, thanks a bunch
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Light armor mastery is tricky on magical classes. It seems to have fancy buffs, but in reality it's a nerf compared to robes. You have far more casting speed and magical attack while wearing a robe (as a Warcryer/Overlord anyway) than with a light armor. It depends on another passive skill called Magician's Movement - which severely nerfs the advantages of wearing light armor over robe. When you become an Iss Enchanter, the gameplay of Orc mages changes dramatically.

As a matter of fact, 1-handed magic blunts, 2-handed magic blunts and 1-handed magic swords are the only magical weapons a mage is allowed to use. For C-grade it's Homunculus' Sword, for B-grade Wizard's Tear, for A-grade Sword of Miracles and so on. They all have in common the fact that there's a little "Acumen" written in yellow near the name of the weapon when you select it. That's the Special Ability of the weapon.
If you have doubts about the classes and equipments, these pages should be useful:
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Psirynn
Elpy

Ooh, I see. Very useful links, thank you.

Alright, I think I've got everything figured out, for now at least. I greatly appreciate your patience. Was somewhat worried my questions would be greeted with a hearty "learn the game, noob" xD
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Well, to learn the game, it needs to be (self-)taught first.